501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 69.
#2551 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

how many more let downs can this fanboy take?!?!

As many as it takes Sternboy!

#2552 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

how many more let downs can this fanboy take?!?!

Well, I guess I'm one of the fanboys, too. I have to admit, today, I went to JJP FB page and JJP home page at least 20 times today hoping for the announcement.

Are you getting the latest Stern announced or are you getting GnR from JJP that might be the pin of the year?

Remember, this is all in good fun.

#2553 3 years ago

I feel like Eric and Keith have the whole company on their back at this point. Hope they are paid well.

#2554 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Well, I guess I'm one of the fanboys, too. I have to admit, today, I went to JJP FB page and JJP home page at least 20 times today hoping for the announcement.
Are you getting the latest Stern announced or are you getting GnR from JJP that might be the pin of the year?
Remember, this is all in good fun.

Neither unfortunately. GnR is another theme miss for me but I’d love to buy a JJP in the future if the theme is right. Avengers is a miss for me too although Kieth makes great games so if I had disposable cash I’d probably get it.

#2555 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

As many as it takes Sternboy!

Lol. I have 29 pins and six of them are Stern..... soooooooo....

#2556 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Lol. I have 29 pins and six of them are Stern..... soooooooo....

Why does it bother you that I like JJP? I have owned a lot of pins as well. JJP pins feel like Bally/Williams to me so I am drawn to them.

#2557 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Looking to 2021...
Spooky/CGC Licence theme, with possible Franchi artwork.
Spooky, late year Dave Van Es. Licensed theme.
American pinball, new game.
American pinball, Hot Wheels, still availible.
JJP, GNR. and possible middle or late year Toy Story.
Deeproot, Raza, plus possible games 2, 3, 4??
CGC, remake.
Plus???
That's alot of choice for the hobby, the most since when, 1993-94?
The beginning of a new golden age?
Message from the Freek Kingdom.

what are the rumored stern pins for next year? there's gonna be 3-4, right?

#2558 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Why does it bother you that I like JJP? I have owned a lot of pins as well. JJP pins feel like Bally/Williams to me so I am drawn to them.

It bothers me when people say something is going to be game of the year when there has been literally nothing confirmed about it. We aren’t even 100% that it’s GnR.

#2559 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

It bothers me when people say something is going to be game of the year when there has been literally nothing confirmed about it. We aren’t even 100% that it’s GnR.

So sorry it bothered you. I will take it back. Please forgive me.

#2560 3 years ago

Kick add n take names ...lmao

#2561 3 years ago

#2562 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I guess he’s a legend in his own mind?

Well he is a legend.
Just imagine him saying....
-shoot the ball, you primates.

#2563 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Well he is a legend.
Just imagine him saying....
-shoot the ball, you primates.

Oh I want the Evil Dead pin.It would suck if it was his fault it wasn’t being made

#2564 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Evil dead, unfortunately will never happen because Bruce Cambell is a stuck up @!%?#.
Message from the Freek Kingdom

How do you figure that? Please elaborate.

Currently he's been, and continuing to do so, an elaborate Summer Drive-In Tour where he makes appearances and takes photos (at a distance) with fans. In the middle of an epidemic, how exactly is that stuck up?

#2565 3 years ago

So while I’d like to get this pin to compliment my DE GNR, it seems to be going downhill with the unconfirmed and past track record.

First off, a standard body is just a big thumbs down. Considering Eric’s prior machine is a wide and GNR is a wide, rumors of this not being wide is just in the wrong direction. Just had a full day of Indy and how horrible that machine would have been as a standard body. And this talk of less is better is just plain ridiculous.

JJP POTC didn’t really have any code updates to speak of. Not a good look. If this is what we have to look forward to in JJP#6 then I’ll pass. I don’t own a single Stern but props to them for updating code on the regular

GNR in 2020. Again, love the band and my DE GNR is just a pin that’s not leaving. It’s fun everytime I play it. Not sure how this works and may be irrelevant. When you have a PinSound with an unlimited Song list and then you’re about to drop 10-12k for a limited song list. Hmmm.

There’s a very high bar this pin needs to cross. If they do, take my money. If it comes out equal to Avengers or less. Naw naw naw to the hell naw, I’ll pass and enjoy it on location

Time will tell. Hope I’m wrong

#2566 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

JJP POTC didn’t really have any code updates to speak of.

Too funny.

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/potc/potc_changelog.txt

LTG : )

#2567 3 years ago

Proving my point, all beta codes ending at .99. Where’s 1.0 let alone 1.06?

#2568 3 years ago

First off, a standard body is just a big thumbs down. Considering Eric’s prior machine is a wide and GNR is a wide, rumors of this not being wide is just in the wrong direction.

I’m not a big widebody fan. Definitely looking forward to what Eric can bring to a standard width pin. GnR deserves a fast game; widebodies are seldom fast. I don’t need Axl’s world under glass.

#2569 3 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

I would be so in for this game if it weren't a crap band that hasn't been relevant in 25+ years. And in my opinion, never was.
Just complete pop-rock ballad cokehead nonsense music.
Why not Deftones or something, or NOFX. If the music involves men wearing tights it's garbage I'm sorry.

Only the best selling debut album of all time.....your opinon means nada

#2570 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

We’re talking about pinball, right?

Wow, man, get a grip.

#2571 3 years ago

Sleepless night for me again.
Can't wait for JJP GnR pin

Stumbled across further history from A.F.D. one of my favorite albums along with Use your Illusion.
Man, Slash is a champion, Would be super cool if he could chime in about the pin every once in a while.
So cool Slash is gonna make the pin awesome.

https://web.musicaficionado.com/main/article/Sex_Drugs_and_Appetite_for_Destruction

#2572 3 years ago

This is the main reason why I like the spooky/api coding numbers. Use the date it is released, not a number. Why people think a number means anything is beyond me. The coding that is in 0.99 potc is FAR BEYOND 99% of other games that are above the 1.00 made up number.

#2573 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

We’re talking about pinball, right?
Wow, man, get a grip.

Love your variety of different pins. Great collection. Supporting all companies unlike some people who have never owned a JJP.

#2574 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

This is the main reason why I like the spooky/api coding numbers. Use the date it is released, not a number. Why people think a number means anything is beyond me. The coding that is in 0.99 potc is FAR BEYOND 99% of other games that are above the 1.00 made up number.

Chris gets it!

When you make a piece of software, the version number has two purposes only:

1. Have a way to differentiate one build from another, so you know which builds have the fixes/features
2. Have a way to determine which build a user is running, so you know whether or not they need to upgrade.

A common strategy in my world is Major/Minor/Patch.

- Software is released to the public, it’s 1.0.0. Period.
- A critical issue is found that needs a hotfix (crash or similar) - 1.0.1 is released.
- We add a feature the user might notice - 1.1.0 is released.
- We add major feature changes, look and feel differences, or a big rewrite - 2.0.0 is released.

#2575 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

How do you figure that? Please elaborate.
Currently he's been, and continuing to do so, an elaborate Summer Drive-In Tour where he makes appearances and takes photos (at a distance) with fans. In the middle of an epidemic, how exactly is that stuck up?

Ben Heck has said the CGC game is NOT Evil Dead anymore.

#2576 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Fire&Brimstone Bible Stories yay!

#2577 3 years ago

And this is exactly why I did it. Balcer gave crap about it since it was different (I like different) but I’ve seen guys see a version of .93 and say things like, “it’s now at 93% complete. “

When asked how complete a games is I usually throw a decimal on the end 92.7%, most get that I am joking, but I’ve seen guys take that seriously.

I also get asked if a game is complete or when it will be, and the answer is “when we have run out of ideas or just totally happy with it.”

Oktoberfest got a code update a few days ago.
Houdini will get one next month.
Hot wheels gets one in a week or two as well.

We still have ideas for all of them.

Regardless of numbering Keith, Ted and rest of the team have shown they continually provide care and feeding to older games. Comments about them not updating code are just silly.

#2578 3 years ago

Versions numbers can be whatever the coder wants them to be
There is no indication that it's a beta or a stable or a final version
What matters there is the release notes, typically in my company we only use the third digit for bug fixes, a new feature goes in one digit above.

#2579 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I wasn't asking about the game. I was asking why this user was suggesting Bruce is horrible to work with, as I've seen anything but that reaction from the horror community.

Obviously, anyone can be an entirely different figure than they present themselves to be publicly.

Quoted from rosh:

Regardless of numbering Keith, Ted and rest of the team have shown they continually provide care and feeding to older games. Comments about them not updating code are just silly.

They definitely do! But an easy way to allay people's constant fears (Not mine. I'm in no rush.) would be to exercise some transparency regarding the status and intentions towards game code. And yes, I also understand that making statements on such issues may be out of their hands for reasons unspoken to the direct public...but if that's the case, then PR or the owner could step in, and discuss plans and initiatives such as these.

Again, this isn't really an issue for myself, unless it never occurs, but communication in this industry isn't exactly always continuous and readily occurring.

I do feel you folks at AP are pretty direct and readily available. That is a plus for me regarding AP for sure!

#2580 3 years ago

Then why are there still countless threads with issues. Quit defending beta code and few update. Get off the less is more train esp when problems still exist. Code should not only be bug fixes but features. Spooky is a good example. Scott put new features/rules into his pins. So let’s just admit POTC really didn’t do much in the way of code updates nor fix known problems. So point is, JJP should make a statement about keeping up the code this round to sway us on the fence

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hate-to-say-it-but-wheresthecode-jjp-potc

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-code-change-game-play-requests-

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/312#post-5839378

#2581 3 years ago

So point is, JJP should make a statement about keeping up the code this round to sway us on the fence

Pat L. did make a statement last year. All new games going forward will have "completed" code that may get additional bells and whistles as updates. Meaning more light shows, call outs, animations, etc could still follow, but the core game code will be there.

This is likely why JJPOTC has been on hold to complete the code before release on next titles. Keith will get to it. I'm just wild guessing that he is the lead programmer on JJP #6 and that takes extra time. If he's not the lead on JJP #7, we might see something for JJPOTC once the JJP #6 needs die down. Just speculations.

#2582 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Heard from 2 reliable sources that JJPs next pin will NOT be GnR. Instead it will be Toy Story.
GnR is actually done and was scheduled to come out before Toy Story, but...well....that's all I can say.

So, was BallPin just a troll? What he said appears to be wrong, and his account is no longer active.

#2583 3 years ago

DeepRoot was a flame out. Let's go GnR!!

JJP (resized).pngJJP (resized).png
#2584 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

So, was BallPin just a troll? What he said appears to be wrong, and his account is no longer active.

I would love to know this as well.

#2585 3 years ago

Yeah JJP#6 lookin real good now that Deeproot flopped. Why am I surprised? I’m not

#2586 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Pat L. did make a statement last year. All new games going forward will have "completed" code that may get additional bells and whistles as updates. Meaning more light shows, call outs, animations, etc could still follow, but the core game code will be there.
This is likely why JJPOTC has been on hold to complete the code before release on next titles. Keith will get to it. I'm just wild guessing that he is the lead programmer on JJP #6 and that takes extra time. If he's not the lead on JJP #7, we might see something for JJPOTC once the JJP #6 needs die down. Just speculations.

Yeah, but isn't that what a lot of people's speculation has been for the past 1-1/2 years? That they'll get through working on a current project and then finish POTC? But then of course something else comes along to take priority, and so the speculation changes to OK they'll get it done after that project. And then the next project comes along to take priority and speculation conveniently changes to OK now they'll get it done after this project... and the cycle just keeps repeating? And still some people keep thinking THIS time it'll get done after their next priority project?

Meanwhile the facts of the situation seem to speak for the last 1-1/2 years pretty clearly:
- no new POTC games for them to sell
- only 2 updates since the games started shipping (the Sept '18 updates were prior to games shipping) when all other JJP games got a lot more attention for minor updates
- no positive statements from JJP indicating it's any kind of a priority to them for well over a year. Their only comment has been it'll get released when the wizard mode is done, and to me that's not a positive statement. That's indicating longer delay.

I haven't seen any reason to be confident a POTC update can get to the top of their priority list soon enough for them to get it done before something else comes along to bump it back down the list again. Any attempt to try to guess when it will be done or what order they'll finish projects is purely wishful thinking at this point, because the facts seem pretty clear that this update gets pushed down their priority list pretty easily.

#2587 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Prior to shipping POTC, JJP had announced that POTC would be feature complete when it shipped. So Pat Lawler's announcement last year shouldn't be treated as though it's some new thing that didn't apply to POTC.

#2588 3 years ago

Yeah JJP#6 lookin real good now that Deeproot flopped. Why am I surprised? I’m not

As much as I hate to admit it, Stern is killing it. Deeproot flaked out, and GnR will come and go as Wonka did, with some fanfare, but nothing significant. It's all about theme. JJP just can't seem to put it all together. They recycle (god knows why) and choose themes that are either irrelevant (pirates) or love/hate (gnr). Imagine if Hobbit had the gameplay of pirates? It would have been their smash hit. They can't milk woz forever.

I don't claim to be a genius, but theme choice does not seem like rocket-science. Choose something that MOST people like and make sure the game plays great. Toy Story should do this as long as the theme is integrated well, the gameplay is awesome and it doesn't sound like a slot machine.

#2589 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

So, was BallPin just a troll? ...

What?!?!!?

#2590 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

As much as I hate to admit it, Stern is killing it. Deeproot flaked out, and GnR will come and go as Wonka did, with some fanfare, but nothing significant. It's all about theme. JJP just can't seem to put it all together. They recycle (god knows why) and choose themes that are either irrelevant (pirates) or love/hate (gnr). Imagine if Hobbit had the gameplay of pirates? It would have been their smash hit. They can't milk woz forever.
I don't claim to be a genius, but theme choice does not seem like rocket-science. Choose something that MOST people like and make sure the game plays great. Toy Story should do this as long as the theme is integrated well, the gameplay is awesome and it doesn't sound like a slot machine.

Yeah I couldn’t agree more. I’m a GNR fan and not really a Toy Story fan BUT right now it just makes sense for JJP to release a Toy Story over a GNR. I’d love to see GNR, esp a game changer but Toy Story would sell way better

#2591 3 years ago

JJP may be taking longer than we’d like but they certainly aren’t as near a colossal fuck up like Deeproot. I think if GnR is next it will do well. At least I believe JJP when they say they’ll reveal this month. I think if they were smart they’d show something today or tomorrow. Cash in on the Deeproot disappointment.

#2592 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

JJP may be taking longer than we’d like but they certainly aren’t as near a colossal fuck up like Deeproot. I think if GnR is next it will do well. At least I believe JJP when they say they’ll reveal this month. I think if they were smart they’d show something today or tomorrow. Cash in on the Deeproot disappointment.

Today or tomorrow isn't October.

#2593 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not with that attitude!!! Lol. Forgot they said October. Hey Halloween decorations are out already JJP can show up early too!

#2594 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

It could be if we pretended it was

78A3981F-B623-4B4A-981F-4222478FA62D (resized).jpeg78A3981F-B623-4B4A-981F-4222478FA62D (resized).jpeg
#2595 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

No, your right. There will be no conventions, or big pin get togethers in 2021. Just when pinball is truly ready to take off...... FFfing Covid. These company's will have to weather 2021, and hope the Vaccines are wide spread by the beginning of 2022.
Message from the Freek Kingdom.

TPF is a go for 2021

#2596 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

It's all about theme. JJP just can't seem to put it all together. They recycle (god knows why) and choose themes that are either irrelevant (pirates) or love/hate (gnr).

Didn’t wonka win best theme? I gotta say I love all of their themes with exception to DI, and even that one I like. Stern doesn’t hit every theme either. How relevant is munsters, Batman 66, black knight? They re-did themes like rehashed JP, rehashed tmnt, and rehashed Star Wars, avengers? Some themes are timeless and can be remade, and honestly most of them probably deserve a remake like potc, Star Wars, Jurassic park. It’s all personal choice, and I can’t wait to see gnr and toy story.

#2597 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

TPF is a go for 2021

...until it's not.

"Since the health and safety of our pinball community is our top priority, we may again be forced to reschedule TPF to 2022 (postponing to a later 2021 date isn’t logistically possible)."

#2598 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Stern always has at least 1 or 2 duds a year but can afford it as they also have 2 or 3 hits a year as well. Stranger Things for example bombed terribly, BK SOR didn't do well either, Munsters wasn't well received, and Beatles seems to be a dud.

Stern is only killing it in terms of production and releasing games quickly. Personally I'll take quality over quantity.

#2599 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Stern always has 1 or two duds a year but can afford it as they have also have at least 2 or 3 hits a year as well. Stranger Things for example bombed terribly, BK SOR didn't do well either, Munsters wasn't well received, and Beatles seems to be a dud.
Stern is only killing it in terms of production and releasing games quickly. Personally I'll take quality over quanity.

Well said.

#2600 3 years ago

Now we know!Why JJP was not worried about the BIG deeproot reveal!hahaha

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/52?hl=halfwasted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.