501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 69.
#2501 3 years ago

October is 13 days away.
October is 31 days long.
Coincidence?

#2502 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

So no announcement today??

...HAHAHAHAHA lolol

#2503 3 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Looking forward to playing the next one with you guys! Man, I can't wait to hang out at a pinball show and drink beer with friends again.

I'd be happy to come to the factory and peek under the hood to see what I'll be doing tech support on, before any calls come in.

LTG : )

#2504 3 years ago

I know that JJP makes a premium product and will be fine no matter what, but I can't help but feel they missed out on sales by showing after Stern, American Pinball AND Deeproot.

#2505 3 years ago

Maybe ALF. Maybe not...

#2506 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

but I can't help but feel they missed out on sales by showing after Stern, American Pinball AND Deeproot.

It is a possibility.

But so much went beyond anybodies control. Start moving from NJ to IL. 3 weeks later the country shuts down. Anybody see that coming ? How do you plan for that ?

In spite of every possible delay imaginable, they set up a factory, stocked it. Have it running. Quite a feat in 5 months of this year.

Yes Stern has worked miracles. American Pinball is very slowly getting games built. And Deeproot has yet to show anything, it remains to be seen what they show and when games roll out. It looks like JJP will be rolling out games the same time it's shown.

Once JJP shows their game, I'm sure sales will be just fine. In my humble opinion.

#2507 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

I know that JJP makes a premium product and will be fine no matter what, but I can't help but feel they missed out on sales by showing after Stern, American Pinball AND Deeproot.

If they announce a new game along with another run of POTC in October the marketplace here will be jammed with HUO Stern games that people bought in the last few months. Regardless of how you feel about the timeliness of their releases, a new JJP game always makes waves.

#2508 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It is a possibility.
But so much went beyond anybodies control. Start moving from NJ to IL. 3 weeks later the country shuts down. Anybody see that coming ? How do you plan for that ?

Pretty amazing how clueless people are unless they are in business.... doing normal biz has been next to impossible since Feb.

I have customers begging me for product that I cant sell because it doesnt exist.

Manufacturing stalled out for months (hence no TP, hand wipes or whatever else your store was always out of), things I could get and sell like clockwork havent been in the market for months.

If they can get pins out this year at all they have done a great job.

#2509 3 years ago

Reguardless of this or that ,there is so much action going on now and like Lloyd said 2021 is shaping up to be a phenomenal year in this hobby .Correct me if wrong but looks like 5 legit companies will have a line of games out this year and that’s not including the work of Riot and homebrews.Get exited about this as competition will provide the true golden years of pinball!

#2510 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Reguardless of this or that ,there is so much action going on now and like Lloyd said 2021 is shaping up to be a phenomenal year in this hobby .Correct me if wrong but looks like 5 legit companies will have a line of games out this year and that’s not including the work of Riot and homebrews.Get exited about this as competition will provide the true golden years of pinball!

Yup. I'm excited. But I'm afraid my bank account may take a serious beating.

#2511 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Yup. I'm excited. But I'm afraid my bank account may take a serious beating.

I’m gung ho this year because we havnt been on any vacations and working a ton .My problem is I get attached I can’t get rid of either the ones I have right now I keep buying “keepers “ lmao!

#2512 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’ll count Deeptoot when they’re shopping games. We’ve been down this road a long time ago I was on list for RAZA but got a refund Thankfully.

#2513 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes Stern has worked miracles. American Pinball is very slowly getting games built. And Deeproot has yet to show anything, it remains to be seen what they show and when games roll out. It looks like JJP will be rolling out games the same time it's shown.

I missed Gerry and Multimorphic, he had a new game this year too. I'm sorry Gerry, I didn't leave you out on purpose.

#2514 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m gung ho this year because we havnt been on any vacations and working a ton .My problem is I get attached I can’t get rid of either the ones I have right now I keep buying “keepers “ lmao!

I think you and I have the same affliction. I live in a 1300 square foot townhouse yet I own 8 pins, just bought another and I also have a Wurlitzer jukebox. My wife enjoys this hobby with me, but I think she's getting to the end of her rope with my pinball acquisitions.

#2515 3 years ago

And now for some straight-up trolling. Because why not? LOL

jjp6 (resized).pngjjp6 (resized).png

#2516 3 years ago

I think people will be surprised as to the pricing coming on anything NEW after the move and re-tool. Folks don't think that there is much inflation, but there is. My guess is that manufacturers know it and will ask for the world. Face it, this company has not had real issues in selling product, maybe ever. Slow times, yes, but overall they are "value based". I've only owned one brand new "NIB" and it was a JJP. The quality and fit and finish will be there along with more and more electronic fun stuff. My guess is that whatever the theme, the entry will be heavily into the 5 digits. In the end it really doesn't make a whole lot of difference if you look and "core value" in 2-5 years as a percentage. To me, a new run of POTC would be a much better way to go. Tried and true with updated electronics would trump buying a used one any day. Bad part is that JJP has seen them going for as high as upper teens and will price the new run accordingly. The average Joe won't be able to justify 15-16K for a new one, but collectors and wealth will.

#2517 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’ll count Deeptoot when they’re shopping games. We’ve been down this road a long time ago I was on list for RAZA but got a refund Thankfully.

Yeah I read up on that I’m glad to hear you got your refund .

#2518 3 years ago
Quoted from gordonshumway:

Bad part is that JJP has seen them going for as high as upper teens and will price the new run accordingly. The average Joe won't be able to justify 15-16K for a new one, but collectors and wealth will.

I don't think so. If JJP goes exclusively, or even primarily, for the high-end market where only the wealthy buyers reside, they won't sell enough games to thrive in the long term...not when so many others (Stern, Spooky, American, CGC, etc.) will be selling ever-improving product to the masses. There are only so many NIB buyers out there, and not enough in the 15K range to make that business model work. They'll have to offer games at a price point not too far from their competitors. That's just my opinion.

#2519 3 years ago

But why do a new run on something that is selling (and in demand) for 10K when the aftermarket is trading them in area of ~16K?

#2520 3 years ago

That's what Nvidia likely did with their 20 series graphics cards. You had the huge price increase in used cards due to the crypto mining, Nvidia saw that and priced accordingly to capture some of that, which is why they had MSRP $1,200 2080ti cards when beforehand their top TI card has always been $700-800.

#2521 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Your smarter than me, I got nothing back from JPOP on Raza.

#2522 3 years ago

But why do a new run on something that is selling (and in demand) for 10K when the aftermarket is trading them in area of ~16K?

If you're referring to POTC, the only indication we have that they will re-run it is from people theorizing about it here on Pinside. I personally don't believe they will re-run POTC, for the reasons that have already been mentioned many times on this thread and other related threads. If you're talking about re-runs of JJP's other games, I haven't seen any of them selling in the 16K range on the secondary market, or even close to it.

#2523 3 years ago

Because they want to sell 1,000+ machines, not just 50?

#2524 3 years ago

Looking to 2021...

Spooky/CGC Licence theme, with possible Franchi artwork.
Spooky, late year Dave Van Es. Licensed theme.
American pinball, new game.
American pinball, Hot Wheels, still availible.
JJP, GNR. and possible middle or late year Toy Story.
Deeproot, Raza, plus possible games 2, 3, 4??
CGC, remake.
Plus???

That's alot of choice for the hobby, the most since when, 1993-94?
The beginning of a new golden age?

Message from the Freek Kingdom.

#2525 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Looking to 2021...
Spooky, late year Dave Van Es. Licensed theme.
American pinball, new game.
American pinball, Hot Wheels, still availible.
JJP, GNR. and possible middle or late year Toy Story.
Deeproot, Raza, plus possible games 2, 3, 4??
CGC, remake.
Plus???
That's alot of choice for the hobby, the most since when, 1993-94?
The beginning of a new golden age?

Yes. It's exciting from a hobbiest's perspective. But will there be enough buyers of NIB games for all this? I doubt it, especially with the economy just starting to recover in 2021. I'm afraid some companies are going to lose a lot of money in the midst of all this competition.

#2526 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

They did on May 27 say "You asked for innovation we answered everything is about to change" a title no an announcement yes

Did they announce When? No.

#2527 3 years ago

Yep! That's my fear, a sudden glut of amazing games after years of underwhelming games from...... and the new great games sinking, for there's not enough of us to support everything.

#2528 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

What has deeproot shown?

#2529 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

That's what Nvidia likely did with their 20 series graphics cards. You had the huge price increase in used cards due to the crypto mining, Nvidia saw that and priced accordingly to capture some of that, which is why they had MSRP $1,200 2080ti cards when beforehand their top TI card has always been $700-800.

This makes a ton of sense. I was looking at prices and I could not believe the prices.

#2530 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Is Spooky involved with this rumored CGC game? I had just heard Ben Heck. He hasn't been involved with Spooky since shortly after AMH. I'm interested in what's in the pipeline here, so I'm curious about the details.

#2531 3 years ago

Spooky is doing the design work, with a licensed theme, CGC will manufacture the game. Its Ben Hecks old design that got wedged out of the line up at spooky for TNA.

Franchi is working with CGC, so I'm hoping Franchi will do the art. Why not the best artist in pinball? I'm hoping for Big Trouble in Little China.

#2532 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Its Ben Hecks old design that got wedged out of the line up at spooky for TNA.

Stoked if true, because I know for a fact that the cancelled Ben Heck game was Evil Dead.

#2533 3 years ago

Yes. It's exciting from a hobbiest's perspective. But will there be enough buyers of NIB games for all this? I doubt it, especially with the economy just starting to recover in 2021. I'm afraid some companies are going to lose a lot of money in the midst of all this competition.

I think this is a real problem, especially for location pinball. 2021 isn’t going to be much better for bars and arcade type locations than 2020 has been. I suspect the overall market will shift even more significantly to home buyers and some of those may be cutting back as well.

#2534 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Stoked if true, because I know for a fact that the cancelled Ben Heck game was Evil Dead.

No shit.I just watched that the other night w my kids .i really want a true shit your pants horror theme .Shining ,Exorsist ,evil dead but I also understand Halloween or Fri the 13th would for sure be better sellers .

#2535 3 years ago

No, your right. There will be no conventions, or big pin get togethers in 2021. Just when pinball is truly ready to take off...... FFfing Covid. These company's will have to weather 2021, and hope the Vaccines are wide spread by the beginning of 2022.

#2536 3 years ago

Evil dead, unfortunately will never happen because Bruce Cambell is a stuck up @!%?#.

Message from the Freek Kingdom

#2537 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I hope no one does Evil Dead

if it looked even decent Id have to get one and I hate buying NIB

#2538 3 years ago

Well, Evil Dead is what Ben was working on last at Spooky. So either it's Evil Dead, or they are just using that layout, or none of it is true and it's a completely new design.

#2539 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Evil dead, unfortunately will never happen because Bruce Cambell is a stuck up @!%?#.
Message from the Freek Kingdom

Stuck up,what about?He’s in a B movie at best.I love some evil dead and think it would make a cool pin!I would think because of his age he would be delighted to have a pin with his likeness on it.

#2540 3 years ago

That's what's so weird about it! He's cult b movie famous. And he's got a giant attitude, and a mess to work with.

I know, makes no sense.

#2541 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

That's what's so weird about it! He's cult b movie famous. And he's got a giant attitude, and a mess to work with.
I know, makes no sense.

I guess he’s a legend in his own mind?

#2542 3 years ago

41 new post in 4 hours and still no news.

#2543 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

41 new post in 4 hours and still no news.

No news? The new game is being revealed in October. Granted that was known longer than 4 hours ago but that was the news.

#2544 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

No news? The new game is being revealed in October. Granted that was known longer than 4 hours ago but that was the news.

Virtual Expo Maybe???

#2545 3 years ago

I guess the Friday reveal is not happening.

#2546 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Virtual Expo Maybe???

Wouldn't that be a crazy virtual Expo if Jersey Jack Pinball, Chicago Gaming Company, and Stern. All unveiled new pinball machines ?

#2547 3 years ago

Shouldn’t it be Freak and not Freek?

1927C7E1-88D0-4D42-8160-BB163FE3544F (resized).jpeg1927C7E1-88D0-4D42-8160-BB163FE3544F (resized).jpeg
#2548 3 years ago

I think you and I have the same affliction. I live in a 1300 square foot townhouse yet I own 8 pins, just bought another and I also have a Wurlitzer jukebox. My wife enjoys this hobby with me, but I think she's getting to the end of her rope with my pinball acquisitions.

Awesome man !

#2549 3 years ago

Not in the Freek Kingdom. No rules here. To be technical freek and freak are accepted common usage.

Message from the Freeeeeek Kingdom .

#2550 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I guess the Friday reveal is not happening.

how many more let downs can this fanboy take?!?!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hazard, KY
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/51?hl=wesman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.