501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 69.
#151 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I will never understand the importance some people put on this.
Do you want to watch the movie, or play pinball?
Most WOZ clips don't have synced audio either, yet nobody seems to bitch about that.

I can understand some people not caring, but many do including myself. If potc has full assets I would own one. It’s still an awesome game, but fell short in that department for many. Same with JP, great game but people hoped for video. I’m a little disappointed with tmnt not using actual show footage like bm66 did. Doesn’t mean I won’t buy any of these games, but also makes it easier for me to pass on them sometimes too. Everyone is different.

My only problem I can’t figure out with wonka, was that they had the assets, but chose a minimal amount to use due to “getting repetitive “. Can you honestly understand that thinking? Seems like by using fewer clips, you would in turn see the same clip more often.

And don’t mistake my opinion for thinking any of these games are not any good. I actually really like all the ones I mentioned, but just saying assets are important, but can definitely be worked around. Wonka again though, they have all the assets and the game is lacking several key elements in the code.

#152 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I've been considering buying a Wonka LE and didn't realize there are 12 factory modes. That's pretty aweaome. Are those 12 factory modes objective based with hitting specific shots and integrated with clips from the movie?

4 of them are.

It breaks down to:

- 4 blue modes (welcome to the factory, fizzy lifting drinks, good egg/bad egg, inventing room)
- 4 SuperX modes (2x-5x)
- 4 Captive ball modes (Slugworth MB, Collect Bonus, Super Spinner, 2x Wonka Bars)

You need to complete all 12 of those to get a golden ticket.

#153 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

My only problem I can’t figure out with wonka, was that they had the assets, but chose a minimal amount to use due to “getting repetitive “. Can you honestly understand that thinking? Seems like by using fewer clips, you would in turn see the same clip more often.

Not only can I understand it, I appreciate and enthusiastically agree with it. But I'm the resident JJP shill so YMMV. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#154 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not only can I understand it, I appreciate and enthusiastically agree with it. But I'm the resident JJP shill so YMMV. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In fact I'd go as far as saying the one clip that DOES have sound - Wonkavator MB - is super irritating to me now and I wish it were skippable.

#155 3 years ago

I think WiFi would be nice at home if you could change settings and stuff like that from the app especially if you had some number of custom "presets". I could have a set of settings for when family and kids are over (autolaunch!), another for normal play and another for league / tournament play. Code updates would be nice too of course rather than dealing with USB sticks, etc. Bluetooth audio to headphones would pretty hella cool. I already have Alexa - compatible power strips that allow me to turn games on and off individually or in groups so I don't really need that but it wouldn't be a bad thing to have built in either.

#156 3 years ago

pinball wifi... cool... but hope its just not another cheesy way to order dominos or uber eats.

#157 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Jesus man. Who pissed in your Cherrios? I said I like to play competitive video games Reading comprehension is at an all time low on Pinside. All I am saying is if you are trusting JJP to do all the anti-cheat systems, I wouldn't hold your breath. And if all of this ends up increasing the prices of games, that would suck. Make it a service you pay into. Then you guys that think this is the next coming can put your money where your mouth is.

It's just the same tired arguments endlessly. People will cheat, it will cost money, they are going to make us play to pay the games we just bought. I don't understand why there is so much resistance to this. Nothing could be better for the industry than connectivity.

#158 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

pinball wifi... cool... but hope its just not another cheesy way to order dominos or uber eats.

whoa whoa whoa!!!

you are saying I can order pizza with my pinball machine?

This is even better than the guys always saying "it better suck you off for that price"

#159 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

It's just the same tired arguments endlessly. People will cheat, it will cost money, they are going to make us play to pay the games we just bought. I don't understand why there is so much resistance to this. Nothing could be better for the industry than connectivity.

I think many who cheat would get called out by others that know them and their skill level. For instance if I posted that I got a 25M score on WOZ you'd have guys like Brazy and chuckwurt who have played against me enough to know that's total Bullshit calling me on it. Seriously though I think the cheating thing is overblown, some might cheat but I don't think most would and if there's no money in it then it's not that big of a deal and people will gravitate to playing against their friends for the most part anyway.

#160 3 years ago

I don't care either way, but obviously online shit is the future so just shut up and get on with it already.

People are going to put up fake scores, whom gives a shit? Let me go out on a limb and say most of you probably wont have a top 10 score on any fucking game anyway ok? You should be more interested in maybe getting together with some online friends or online leagues and having fun. We all know games are set up diff'rent yada yada, it's just for fun, not the Olympics.

Some people will like it some people won't. I don't want to online game at all with randos, but I've played some shit with friends and it' a great time.

#161 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I think many who cheat would get called out by others that know them and their skill level. For instance if I posted that I got a 25M score on WOZ you'd have guys like brazy and chuckwurt who have played against me enough to know that's total Bullshit calling me on it. Seriously though I think the cheating thing is overblown, some might cheat but I don't think most would and if there's no money in it then it's not that big of a deal and people will gravitate to playing against their friends for the most part anyway.

I am with you 100%, nothing is going to get me to open my wallet more than pinball finally getting some online functionality. I could care less who cheats or how much people score. There are so many more ways to play once your online.

#162 3 years ago

Can hardly wait to pay bitcoin to a hacker to release my game.

#163 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

In fact I'd go as far as saying the one clip that DOES have sound - Wonkavator MB - is super irritating to me now and I wish it were skippable.

I don't get this either, but we are definitely in the minority. I can appreciate clips, but over and over and over again, and they grate on you more than seem appealing, especially for home play.

Soundscape stuff gets me too. I was already a bit fatigued from the TMNT theme, and overloaded dialog popping in constantly. That said, the sound design on Wonka is a bit too splattered for me.

That damn Pirates though, pretty balanced in every way.

#164 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Wonka is just a turd, its so uninvolving. Borrowed one during lockdown and I can't wait for it to go!

Little harsh but it’s very woodchoppy, and scores are pretty unbalanced.

#165 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

But that clip has Grandpa Joe overacting as the Wonkavator takes off!

#166 3 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

But that clip has Grandpa Joe overacting as the Wonkavator takes off!

And I love the shaker effect.
Nothing is cooler then Wonkatania light and motion,should have got a twippy just for that!

#167 3 years ago

Wonka pin would benefit greatly by the addition of a mini tv mod that looped the movie continuously. Even if you couldn’t hear the scene, and it wasn’t hooked to gameplay. Just looking up from playing and watching your favorite clip come up on a mini lcd screen would enhance the tie between them and make their experience a little trippier.

JJP would design and offer it first, if they were really geniuses. Otherwise an existing mod maker will whip them up.

#168 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Ha, That’s kinda how I got with Star Wars “hi I’m like skywalker I’m here to rescue you”, and I don’t even own the game. The only thing is that the alternative to the wonkavator clip would have been an animated clip that eventually gets just as repetitive. Everything gets repetitive, so again more clips the better to spread the repetitive ones out.

#169 3 years ago

I would also argue that the age of lcd screens have ruined people’s expectations for a new game. When the idea of lcd in pinball was discussed it was always the excitement of how real footage could now be used instead of dots. Woz set a high bar, hobbit blew it up. Ever since the expectations have probably lead to disappointment for many. JP did an absolute amazing job of recreation with animation and I ended up really appreciating that game even after an initial disappointment of lack of assets. I just think these companies need to fully commit one way or another with each game and not just use a few clips or call outs mixed with in house animation.

#170 3 years ago

I'd like to see local, country and worldwide leaderboards. Daily scores and all time high's.

I think a good idea for JJP would be in attract mode to advertise their up and coming pins or even play streams, hardware fixes etc. Of course you will have the ability to turn it off. To pay for this they could even throw in some ads. Heck every other app is doing it..

#171 3 years ago

An online pinball H-O-R-S-E mode through wifi might be cool.

#172 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I would also argue that the age of lcd screens have ruined people’s expectations for a new game. When the idea of lcd in pinball was discussed it was always the excitement of how real footage could now be used instead of dots. Woz set a high bar, hobbit blew it up. Ever since the expectations have probably lead to disappointment for many. JP did an absolute amazing job of recreation with animation and I ended up really appreciating that game even after an initial disappointment of lack of assets. I just think these companies need to fully commit one way or another with each game and not just use a few clips or call outs mixed with in house animation.

Well said. And I have no idea what people are talking about with regard to 'lack of' Wonka video clips. The way the movie is used seems fine if not ideal to me. I don't know what more is desired and how that would improve the game. The presentation of Hobbit is fantastic but it's really only appreciated by other people watching the screen.

#173 3 years ago

Whoa there!
Can we at least wait for the actual announcement so we can be sure we're bitching about the right thing?

#174 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Whoa there!
Can we at least wait for the actual announcement so we can be sure we're bitching about the right thing?

Good chance the announcement is less interesting than any of these ideas

#175 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Good chance the announcement is less interesting than any of these ideas

An officially interactive topper that interacts with your other toppers! Or boom something amazing... I was ready cash on the glass for Wonka it was going to be amazing.... I don't know why but it failed to Grab me.. I think what killed it for me was the ball lock feature for an extra Grand and whatever else they did.... I hate LE pricing.... I want the extra zip but then I figure out the cost to zip and just look on. I look forward to playing one soon, but don't see it in my collection.

#176 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Whoa there!

Oh hell no!Not Pinside we don’t need a reason.

#177 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Assuming you're not just trolling here...
I find this hard to believe. There is so much_ to do and strive to achieve.
- Have you gotten the ticket for collecting 5 gobstoppers?
- Or the one for finishing all three rounds of Wonkavator?
- Or the one for collecting kids and kid MB jackpots?
- How about the one for the 12 factory modes?

no I'm not, I don't think its a great game; there is a lot to do but no excitement in doing it, I got a bunch of golden tickets on my fourth game, 8M. It took an age and I just didn't want to play again. Dialed in on the other hand I find challenging and when I do well I feel achievement.

#178 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

no I'm not, I don't think its a great game; there is a lot to do but no excitement in doing it, I got a bunch of golden tickets on my fourth game, 8M. It took an age and I just didn't want to play again. Dialed in on the other hand I find challenging and when I do well I feel achievement.

4th game bunch of golden tickets
8 million Cough cough bullshit cough

#179 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

You're either extremely skilled at pinball or the game is on easy settings.

#180 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You're either extremely skilled at pinball or the game is on easy settings.

Your a nice guy zaphx,see above post by me

#181 3 years ago

My guess: built-in hardware for online streaming. Plug and play.

#182 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I am with you 100%, nothing is going to get me to open my wallet more than pinball finally getting some online functionality. I could care less who cheats or how much people score. There are so many more ways to play once your online.

I'm sure Multimorphic will be happy to hear about your wallet considering they've already announced online play.

#183 3 years ago

Towards the end it felt like chopping wood

360A9650-F31A-492B-A146-5FB3F05239DA (resized).jpeg360A9650-F31A-492B-A146-5FB3F05239DA (resized).jpeg
#184 3 years ago

Can’t wait to get that WiFi connectivity. So I can disable it and play my games in peace.

#185 3 years ago

Direct from JJP, referring to their teaser: "If you think wifi is innovation...hold on to your hats!" So...maybe it's not wifi connectivity?

#186 3 years ago

Eric in the Buffalo Pinball stream said if we're thinking wifi connectivity is the 'innovation' "hold on to your hats folks".

#187 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

How about wifi connectivity with Alexa? Now that would be cool. "Alexa, let's play Pirates." Then the lights in my game room (smart lights) dim and the sound comes through my wifi speaker. THAT would be innovation!

I do that now with Alexa and skills. Start up some tunes, turn on the game’s within 4 seconds of each other. Can also turn on the black lights for glow ... Don’t need JJP for that ...

#188 3 years ago

Eric caught lightning in a bottle with POTC. I cannot wait to see his next pin.

#189 3 years ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

Direct from JJP, referring to their teaser: "If you think wifi is innovation...hold on to your hats!" So...maybe it's not wifi connectivity?

Dare they innovate in a coat rack?!?
Lol can’t wait, hope it lives up to the hype.

#190 3 years ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

Eric in the Buffalo Pinball stream said if we're thinking wifi connectivity is the 'innovation' "hold on to your hats folks".

I want a fully animatronic robot Axle Rose to rise out of the playfield, lip sync to the music, and even point and wink at the player.... dammit.

#191 3 years ago

I'm trying to think of things that could be brand new for a commercial pin... Maybe they've turned the playfield glass into a display? I've seen tech like that before on a Japanese arcade game, but I'm not sure how it works or if it's possible on a pinball machine. Just a wild guess, but it would definitely be more interesting than WiFi!

#192 3 years ago

Maybe they licensed some of those innovative Deeproot patents Robert keeps talking about...?

#193 3 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

I'm trying to think of things that could be brand new for a commercial pin... Maybe they've turned the playfield glass into a display? I've seen tech like that before on a Japanese arcade game, but I'm not sure how it works or if it's possible on a pinball machine. Just a wild guess, but it would definitely be more interesting than WiFi!

I know it wouldn't be popular, but I'd still like to see digital versions of their games. In a way where you could play real games in tournaments and such, with the digital versions included also. Cross platform kinda stuff.

Doubt that will ever happen, but it would expand the possible user numbers and maybe motivate more actual owners.

#194 3 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

I think Andrew Heighway once alluded to something like this. Either via HUD type of display or through something wild like this.

#195 3 years ago

Holographic technology?
Pin2000 and their “Pepper’s Ghost“ display within the playfield was cool but true holographic would be amazing.

#196 3 years ago

Maybe it’s a triple spinning disk? Sorry, couldn’t help myself. Slinking away now

#197 3 years ago
Quoted from La4s:

Maybe they licensed some of those innovative Deeproot patents Robert keeps talking about...?

Also getting a deeproot vibe from this.
-just wait, this is going to be the most awesome thing ever.

Everybody eagerly awaits, and then absolutely nothing happens and then ends up in close to nothing in a year or so.

#198 3 years ago

Not this time

#199 3 years ago

Agree. Deeproot and JJP talking about and delivering tech is totally different.

#200 3 years ago

Since it's a musician based table, (as far as we know) and if Slash from GnR is involved with design...I wonder if the innovation has anything to do with playing musical notes on the playfield, or some kind of weird music creation gimmick that is part of a broader technology they will introduce.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts
Hardware
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/4?hl=flipper_mcgavin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.