501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 69.
#2402 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Fun fact, DD almost didn't happen because of Red Dawn. She hated working with Swayze.

The director had to show the two leads films from the auditions to convince them what amazing chemistry they had togeher to motivate them to continue with the film.

#2403 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Id love to get a GNR but I need to play it first. When I played wonka the game didnt feel like JJPOTC or DI. The ball didnt roll as smooth and the whole machine just felt cheap. I hope they get back to the previous games quality.

Huh?

#2404 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Also a Wolverine.
"Red Dawn confirmed!!!11!!"
Fun fact, DD almost didn't happen because of Red Dawn. She hated working with Swayze.

IMG_3506 (resized).PNGIMG_3506 (resized).PNG
#2405 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Was there 2lbs of sand poured on the PF? Wonka shoots amazing!

Very smooth pin for sure,4 flippers in all directions Wonka is sweeeeeeet!

#2406 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Haven't been into the other themes this is the first dream theme that I'm into.

Same here as far as not being into the other themes. I'm just waiting for an excuse to finally get a JJP in my lineup. I've bought NIB Sterns and Spookies, but I realized I have no idea who to go to for the best price on a JJP.

#2407 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Yah I had a borrowed one for a bit... if its setup correctly it shoots great.

First JJ I would say that about.

#2408 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Interesting. The one I played did not feel like a jjp machine. I'll have to find another one and try it out.

#2409 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

... but I realized I have no idea who to go to for the best price on a JJP.

I don't think the NIB varies much with JJP? You might find someone to make up some taxes if local

#2410 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Huh?

#2411 3 years ago

Maybe he only plays them at shows where people set them up horribly. Or Woz

#2412 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't think the NIB varies much with JJP? You might find someone to make up some taxes if local

Yea, the taxes and shipping is where I figure the wiggle room may exist.

#2413 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Maybe he only plays them at shows where people set them up horribly. Or Woz

I have to agree with this. When I have played any pinballs at shows being sold by retailers, the setup sucks. Plays like crap.

#2414 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I’m in for any game with Jennifer Grey in it.

New nose or old nose?

#2415 3 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

New nose or old nose?

Old for sure! Never cared for the new one.

#2416 3 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Failed on location? I don't think that's right at all. Every PoTC I saw on location was blown out from over play, and comments on it being top earner by far were wide.

It has been well discussed throughout the pinball community, including people who absolutely love the game, that Pirates didn't do well on location.

I know this from from my own conversations with local ops. The consensus was that JJPOTC was too convoluted for location play, and was better suited to enthusiasts at home.

#2417 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You are classic my friend. Must have hit a nerve.

More like I hit one with you since you didn't refute anything I posted there.

#2418 3 years ago

So what is CGC's next game going to be again? Wait, what thread am I in? Damn it! All this talk and I thought it was CGC releasing their next game... wow talk about a buzz kill... GNR? Why are people stoked about a old Data East theme retread from a band that I hear less and less from every year?? If it wasn't for WTTJ being Whodey's favorite Bengals fight song, we would hear from them even less... At least I didn't write a song so frustratingly hard to play that I hate playing it everytime I have to walk on stage... oh sweet child of mine...

#2419 3 years ago

DI shoots great!

#2420 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

So what is CGC's next game going to be again? Wait, what thread am I in? Damn it! All this talk and I thought it was CGC releasing their next game... wow talk about a buzz kill... GNR? Why are people stoked about a old Data East theme retread from a band that I hear less and less from every year?? If it wasn't for WTTJ being Whodey's favorite Bengals fight song, we would hear from them even less... At least I didn't write a song so frustratingly hard to play that I hate playing it everytime I have to walk on stage... oh sweet child of mine...

GNR were HUGE, it doesn't really matter that they basically have 1.5 good albums over a 35-year career and have been completely irrelevant culturally for decades. If you were a rock fan in the late 80s, you owned Appetite and listened to it constantly. It's one of those albums where every single song is hit-quality. Even if you WEREN'T a rock fan back then you probably owned it, on the back of mega hits like Sweet Child, Paradise City, and Jungle.

You are really discounting the connection people have with music, especially the "music of their youth." Yeah, it's cool to get a pin that evokes some old movie I like, but a music pin brings a lot more back for most people. Concerts, handjobs in dad's Buick, skipping school...you get a lot more nostalgia mileage out of a Rock Band pin than any other type of theme. Music pins sell. Even Elvis sold, if you believe Steve Ritchie.

#2421 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I don't know, JP did pretty well for Stern!

#2422 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Some people are GnR fans.

Some people are Eric fans.

Some people are JJP fans.

Some....are all 3!

Many forms of adoration.

#2423 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Ha! Complete failure for JJP. Had to stop making it due to low demand. Completely failed on location for the poor ops that bought it as well.

It's been our top earner all but 2 or 3 months since we have had it. If not first earner , second.

#2424 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I don't know, JP did pretty well for Stern!

This is a very valid point.

#2425 3 years ago

I'm always amazed at how many people are willing to post about how little they know of music and film history here. 99% of the great art is older than 30 years. Great art is for the ages!

Just because our heroes are getting grey, does not disqualify the WORK!

I still read Sutonius.
I still listen to Mozart.
I still watch The Big Sleep.

Message from the Freek Kingdom.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2426 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Even Elvis sold, if you believe Steve Ritchie.

Ouch! I grew up in the eighties, so Elvis was way before my time. But I've always loved his music and his style. So I bought the Elvis pin NIB in 2004 (from Jersey Jack when he was just a distributor), and its still in my collection today. I play it all the time and I love it. It's held up nicely. So let's give The King some props here.

#2427 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

I'm always amazed at how many people are willing to post about how little the know of music and film history here. 99% of the great art is older than 30 years. Great art is for the ages!
Just because our heroes are getting grey, does not disqualify the WORK!
I still read Sutonius.
I still listen to Mozart.
I still watch The Big Sleep.

I think you might be heavily influenced by nostalgia. There has been genius in the past, no doubt. However, I think progress in art/music resembles progress made in science. Artists today have learned from the past and grown and extended things. The quality of art made today is simply better in many cases.

#2428 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

It has been well discussed throughout the pinball community, including people who absolutely love the game, that Pirates didn't do well on location.
I know this from from my own conversations with local ops. The consensus was that JJPOTC was too convoluted for location play, and was better suited to enthusiasts at home.

I will agree with this, I played at a friends house and wasn't really sure what all was going on. I still don't fully know if the 'movie modes' are just shoot yzx characters that were in the scene that's still kind of dumb (IMO). I understand that other games have the same thing ST shoot the lit shot that's a mode any pinball really LotR etc. but still to me that's better than hitting a rando group of heads because they happen to be in the scene.

I think they just went overboard (pun) and threw in a ton of movie modes that we really have no connection to. Where as SW has movie scenes that I can really relate to destroying the DS etc.. But PotC, I dodn't really feel the connection to the films maybe because they couldn't use all the assets that SW was able to do.

#2429 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I think you might be heavily influenced by nostalgia. There has been genius in the past, no doubt. However, I think progress in art/music resembles progress made in science. Artists today have learned from the past and grown and extended things. The quality of art made today is simply better in many cases.

Standing on the shoulders of giants

#2430 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I will agree with this, I played at a friends house and wasn't really sure what all was going on. I still don't fully know if the 'movie modes' are just shoot yzx characters that were in the scene that's still kind of dumb (IMO). I understand that other games have the same thing ST shoot the lit shot that's a mode any pinball really LotR etc. but still to me that's better than hitting a rando group of heads because they happen to be in the scene.

The launch and marketing harmed POTC. Mistakes were made.
But when POTC shipped, many new games were following too. Keefer nailed me as someone waiting on the slidelines and not buying. I was waiting to see what other vendors were going to release next. Thankfully I was watching the stream when Jack said they were cutting production. It turned on my FOMO and I started shopping for a POTC LE. I wasn't the only one. They sold out fast.

#2431 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

More like I hit one with you since you didn't refute anything I posted there.

Not at all. Had a good laugh. You are a funny guy for sure. I don’t need to prove anything to you boy.

#2432 3 years ago

No, not nostalgia, I love all history, books , music, film, war, art. Science.

I am, completely into PINBALL for nostalgia though, guilty. Just look at my collection

#2433 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

GNR were HUGE, it doesn't really matter that they basically have 1.5 good albums over a 35-year career and have been completely irrelevant culturally for decades. If you were a rock fan in the late 80s, you owned Appetite and listened to it constantly. It's one of those albums where every single song is hit-quality.

Preach! Maybe "you had to be there," but my ass was there, and Appetite was everything. It was so huge that there wasn't even discussion of, are you a fan, how great is the record, etc. If you were into rock music you were a GnR fan by default. Everyone knew that album was front-to-back bangers.

That said, it's been so long, and the intervening years so lackluster, that I no longer feel any emotional connection to that band/theme. Also doesn't help that I have "kept up with music." Your average music listener is locked into their high school taste for life, so GnR is still huge for them. For the most part, I'm not trying to relive 1987; I want to hear the new Destroyer or Carly Rae Jepsen record.

#2434 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

The launch and marketing harmed POTC. Mistakes were made.
But when POTC shipped, many new games were following too. Keefer nailed me as someone waiting on the slidelines and not buying. I was waiting to see what other vendors were going to release next. Thankfully I was watching the stream when Jack said they were cutting production. It turned on my FOMO and I started shopping for a POTC LE. I wasn't the only one. They sold out fast.

I got a private lesson on JJPOTC from Eric... here is the video

I'm the big guy not wearing a hat... the other guy my friend FFejf Knar... or just Fej for short... or Jeff Rank for those not in the know.

It was during this Expo that everyone I know of who played pinball or routed pinball bought one if they could find it. There are about 5 of them owned by players in my pin league. They are bolted to most of their floors...

#2435 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Same here as far as not being into the other themes. I'm just waiting for an excuse to finally get a JJP in my lineup. I've bought NIB Sterns and Spookies, but I realized I have no idea who to go to for the best price on a JJP.

It was a number of years ago but "Automated Services" used to give $300 off for paying cash and picking up the game your self

#2436 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That’s the second teaser now (pretty amateur looking). And October too?
Weak sauce and amazing there is a dedicated marketing team behind this. Let’s just see the damn game.

Guarantee JJP is laughing their arse off at us as we squirm and rant about this lead time to the next pin. They are giving Pinsiders the ultimate wedgie....

#2437 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

DI shoots great!

OK this one i will give you.. I like Lawlor games.

It shoots nice but the rest of it had zero appeal to me. I forget it even exists.

Wonka I thought was tons of fun.

#2438 3 years ago

Self-induced and costly wedgie as they miss out on a lot of revenue due to this delayed announcement.

#2439 3 years ago

I may be in the minority, but I am very happy to hear that GnR will be a standard body game.

#2440 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

GNR were HUGE, it doesn't really matter that they basically have 1.5 good albums over a 35-year career and have been completely irrelevant culturally for decades. If you were a rock fan in the late 80s, you owned Appetite and listened to it constantly. .

I was a rock fan and I didnt own it.. just sounded like recycled 70s Aerosmith to me.

The only reason they stood out like a sore thumb was hair metal and similar cheez was popular.... (although if you look at the Jungle video check out Axl's Poison like mega spray hairdo). lol

I think its a good record but hardly anything new or innovative about it.... people act like they invented rock and roll.

#2441 3 years ago

Hows the air up there concrete? It's much better today in Socal.

#2442 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Hows the air up there concrete? It's much better today in Socal.

It’s pretty bad we were at 528 on the air quality index 2 days ago which is hazardous to breath. The wind has shifted now and the smoke is clearing a little.

My wife made this split screen pic..

CDD30110-5B3E-4171-9D91-172EC53038B6 (resized).jpegCDD30110-5B3E-4171-9D91-172EC53038B6 (resized).jpeg
#2443 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I may be in the minority, but I am very happy to hear that GnR will be a standard body game.

Nope I’m with you.

#2444 3 years ago

I do not think you are in the minority. We are with you and prefer a standard body game. we are looking forward to seeing it!

#2445 3 years ago

I love JJP games so much I may want to just own them all. But there is a problem, I don’t want to get rid of Addams Gold, Funhouse, MB or SS.

#2446 3 years ago

OK this one i will give you.. I like Lawlor games.
It shoots nice but the rest of it had zero appeal to me. I forget it even exists.
Wonka I thought was tons of fun.

Dialed In dialed in properly is fast and a blast to own in a home environment.It’s one of those games that needs to be played enough to get into the different layers.Wonka is also great!

#2447 3 years ago

It’s pretty bad we were at 528 on the air quality index 2 days ago which is hazardous to breath. The wind has shifted now and the smoke is clearing a little.
My wife made this split screen pic..
[quoted image]

Holy shit bud .Best to all of you !

#2448 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

excuse me ? A dedicated marketing team?

Yes - didn’t they hire the guy from the pinball network? That’s a full time job according to what I read. maybe it wasn’t true?

#2449 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Holy shit bud .Best to all of you !

Last Forrest fire OT:

Thanks man, we have a 160,000 acre fire that is approx 15 miles from me, a friend of mine lost their house a few days ago, very sad but they all got out safe.

Now back to GnR, I can’t wait to see what goodies the CE has.

#2450 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

I still read Sutonius.

Must be Suetonius' bro. Ironic, given his nick being Sue and all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/49?hl=wesman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.