501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 69.
#2351 3 years ago

It is pretty funny that JJP always talks about innovation...

In this case Stern has done like 10 pins with craggy old ass rock bands so now they are innovating by doing one too?

Way to think outside the box.

#2352 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

She is also Ferris' sister.

You are correct ole wise one,I always go right to Mia Sara’s sweetness!

#2353 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I'm hoping to make GNR my first JJP.

You haven't owned one yet? How come?

Quoted from pinball_keefer:

The beatles version of twist and shout (1963) is actually a cover of the Isley brothers from 1962. What I didn't know until just now is that technically was itself a cover of the top notes from 1961. Odds are you've only ever heard the Isley brothers or the beatles though.
I thought the beatles version came a few years later, not just the year after.

I'm not sure whether I'm happy you're readily posting on this thread and giving your own personal and professional insights, or that I just feel bad that you've now been officially sucked into this thread's demonic vortex of paaaaaaaiiiin!

#2354 3 years ago

Looks like they have some iMovie pros making these teaser vids!!!

#2355 3 years ago

I hate Pinside!

#2356 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Soooo...October 31st it is! Unless another teaser comes out.

...October 31st teaser of "Halloween(1978)" [John Carpenter’s] Pinball

#2357 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Thought they may have tried to get ahead of the Deeproot reveal.

It's going to be the "Here ... hold my beer!" approach after the others reveal. You know how Eric loves beer.

#2358 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

...October 31st teaser of "Halloween(1978)" [John Carpenter’s] Pinball

oooh I'm in!

#2359 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You might not like their music... but their last tour just netted $585M. third most of all time.
Not sure how you define "not relevant" but that to me says they're a great face for a coinop device.

To be fair though they just drug out one tour for multiple years so they could say that.
Why not just keep it going and call every concert for the next ten years part of the same tour? They could be number one of all time!

Quoted from romulusx:

Did you mean Mia Sara in it.
Jennifer Grey was a dirty dancer

She was his sister. Not the girlfriend

#2360 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Simon Wilder : Which door do I leave from?
Proffesor Pitkannan : At Harvard we don't end our sentences with prepositions.
Simon Wilder : Okay. Which door do I leave from, asshole?
LTG : )

Sorry Lloyd, but you spelled "Professor" wrong.

#2361 3 years ago

She was his sister. Not the girlfriend

Corrected above

#2362 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Sorry Lloyd, but you spelled "Professor" wrong.

I copied it from IMDB quotes and pasted it, Hammerhead.

There. I didn't end that with a preposition.

#2363 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I thought you were calling him a Hammerhead for a moment there!

#2364 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Better than an asshole I suppose.

#2365 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

It is pretty funny that JJP always talks about innovation...
In this case Stern has done like 10 pins with craggy old ass rock bands so now they are innovating by doing one too?
Way to think outside the box.

Be careful. People will get mad at you if you don't like the same things they do.

#2366 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I could never refer to a fine gentleman like Hammerhead in such a fashion.

#2367 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Lloyd, I love you. I proudly display a LTG gorilla in my Hot Wheels pinball. You are the best. "It" is a pronoun, not a preposition.

Trust me, I was arrested twice in my 20's for prepositioning a prostitute

#2368 3 years ago

October great, but I wonder why they said September was going to be a great month with lots of stuff, yet pretty much nothing this month. Oh well. Can’t wait for October now!

#2369 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Lloyd, I love you. I proudly display a LTG gorilla in my Hot Wheels pinball. You are the best. "It" is a pronoun, not a preposition.
Trust me, I was arrested twice in my 20's for prepositioning a prostitute

I got off both times

ZING!!!!

#2370 3 years ago

The only thing more annoying then trolls are the grammer police guys!

#2371 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

"It" is a pronoun, not a preposition.

I suppose it would help if I knew what the f*ck a preposition was, or cared.

#2372 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Its grammar...

#2373 3 years ago

double post

#2374 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I don't know. This one time I thought it was pretty funny.

This thread has taken a turn for the surreal.

#2375 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Nice comeback. Let's look at your fanboy comments in this thread.

Ha! Complete failure for JJP. Had to stop making it due to low demand. Completely failed on location for the poor ops that bought it as well.

How do you know this? If I'm a Stern fanboy, where are my posts saying that any given Stern pin is going to be "game of the year"?

Again, how do you know this? This is blind fanboy wishfulness.
I have every right to be in this thread. I'm interested, if justifiably skeptical, in JJP's output. So are others in here, who have a critical eye. We'll continue to be the cold bucket of water to cool this hyperbolic nonsense about a company that has much promise, but has made a series of bad mistakes.

Failed on location? I don't think that's right at all. Every PoTC I saw on location was blown out from over play, and comments on it being top earner by far were wide.

#2376 3 years ago

That's not nice. My grammar's dead.

#2377 3 years ago

What is the concern of announcing the new pin right now? This way people can have more time to sell all of their possessions to be ready to order!

#2378 3 years ago

Example ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Troll and grammar cop

#2379 3 years ago

Who could've predicted, 3+ months later the title of this thread would be relevant again. Another new JJP teaser, at least they gave us a date this time around

#2380 3 years ago

You are my favorite

Quoted from romulusx:

Example ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Troll and grammar cop

But it is kinda funny because LTG busted out the With Honors movie quote, so I just assumed we were all joking around.

Like how Kaneda used to say fustrated. So when people called him out on it he would apologize for his enunciation just to troll people. Like he didn't know the difference between enunciation and pronunciation.

Or maybe he just really is that stoopud. I don't know where his head is at.

Ohh, That's it! Lets talk about Kaneda #threadjack #keeptheshitshowgoin #ifjjpwouldntteasenothingthisthreadcoulhaveapurpose

#2381 3 years ago

The only way this all gets a "well-played" credit from me is if they announce Toy Story. After all the GNR drips for the past 4 months, that's really the only way we'll all go "holy shit!" (we at least ME anyway)

Other than that, it's pretty much, "Oh hey! You released a pin. And everyone knew it was coming. And it took you an eternity to do it."

#2382 3 years ago

You haven't owned one yet? How come?

Haven't been into the other themes this is the first dream theme that I'm into.

#2383 3 years ago

Seriously though I thought the grammar stuff was just a running gag in this thread. (If you look, nearly everyone that has called someone out on their grammar has then also misused grammar in the same post.) If I have contributed to annoying or others I want to apologize.
I tend to struggle with some of the social stuff and don't intend to come across like a jerk sltjough I know I often do.
That was not my intention.
I hope jjp does actually release something soon and that everyone is happy with whatever it is that they release.

#2384 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Example ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Troll and grammar cop

nah I dont care.. just thought it was funny.

#2385 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Nice comeback. Let's look at your fanboy comments in this thread.

Ha! Complete failure for JJP. Had to stop making it due to low demand. Completely failed on location for the poor ops that bought it as well.

How do you know this? If I'm a Stern fanboy, where are my posts saying that any given Stern pin is going to be "game of the year"?

Again, how do you know this? This is blind fanboy wishfulness.
I have every right to be in this thread. I'm interested, if justifiably skeptical, in JJP's output. So are others in here, who have a critical eye. We'll continue to be the cold bucket of water to cool this hyperbolic nonsense about a company that has much promise, but has made a series of bad mistakes.

You are classic my friend. Must have hit a nerve.

#2386 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

nah I dont care.. just thought it was funny.

it was

#2387 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I could never refer to a fine gentleman like Hammerhead in such a fashion.

#2388 3 years ago

Back to marketing, who are these marketing people for jjp? We all know Slash will want to do something for the release of his own machine and he and Jack have always had a great relationship sooo what marketing are we talking about? A game will be released in October? that's it? Slip in a different tittle instead of the one your clearly hinting at? this is marketing?

#2389 3 years ago

Hopefully we will see a few pics prior to the release. Looking forward to this title. A sneak peek would be great. Which one is everyone getting? I’m in for a CE.

#2390 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Hopefully we will see a few pics prior to the release. Looking forward to this title. A sneak peek would be great. Which one is everyone getting? I’m in for a CE.

Depends on what they release first for me.

#2391 3 years ago

Good grief, usually negativity on Pinside doesn't bother me, but this thread is getting worse than my experience on Twitter.

They made another quick teaser and gave us some solid info this time. October. We now know the game will be revealed in October. That's much, *much* better than the radio silence from before and I for one am very excited for the reveal and glad I can now keep my expectations in check and stop thinking "Maybe they'll announce it today!", at least until the end of September.

#2392 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

The only way this all gets a "well-played" credit from me is if they announce Toy Story. After all the GNR drips for the past 4 months, that's really the only way we'll all go "holy shit!" (we at least ME anyway)

November 22, 1995 was the official release of Toy Story. October will be one month shy of the 25th anniversary.

Just sayin'.

#2393 3 years ago

GnR i am totally in as they have all the assets. Still need to see game play, however how can you pass up 22 of their best tunes in a game we all love! If it's TS I def have to see how it plays and code!

#2394 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Jennifer Grey was a dirty dancer

Also a Wolverine.

"Red Dawn confirmed!!!11!!"

Fun fact, DD almost didn't happen because of Red Dawn. She hated working with Swayze.

#2395 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

But it is kinda funny because LTG busted out the With Honors movie quote, so I just assumed we were all joking around.

I should hope so. Having fun is why we are here.

Pinball is supposed to be fun. Getting games. Getting help with them. Learning to play them. Finding out what exciting mods we need. Forming new friendships. And exciting releases coming up. Podcasts and video.

These are great times for pinball. Once in awhile maybe we need to remember that. And we get to see it. And 2021 is looking to be a great year for pinball.

I'm glad there is this forum called Pinside. And I'm honored to be part of it.

#2396 3 years ago

Id love to get a GNR but I need to play it first. When I played wonka the game didnt feel like JJPOTC or DI. The ball didnt roll as smooth and the whole machine just felt cheap. I hope they get back to the previous games quality.

#2397 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

What is the concern of announcing the new pin right now? This way people can have more time to sell all of their possessions to be ready to order!

The concern is .... not having the game ready to ship. JJP has only 5 games under their belt and they were never released when expected. I give JJP credit for holding off announcing anything till they're ready to ship. Let's face it, if JJP announced today that it was the GnR pin tomorrow people would be complaining that they haven't showed pictures yet. In the end once JJP does make the announcement it will take less then 2 min for th epost "whats JJP next game"

#2398 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

When I played wonka the game didnt feel like JJPOTC or DI. The ball didnt roll as smooth

Was there 2lbs of sand poured on the PF? Wonka shoots amazing!

#2399 3 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

...We now know the game will be revealed in October....

No, actually we don't.

#2400 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No, actually we don't.

From what I’m hearing from multiple retailers, they have been contacted and the game will be ready to purchase early Oct. What are you hearing?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

7,500 (OBO)
8,400 (OBO)
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,000.00
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/48?hl=jy64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.