501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 69.
#2301 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Seriously? All music?!

Wow, The Beatles?!

We get it!
Here’s the point.. they make money.

Honestly after thinking about this, i think the parade song in Ferris Bueller was by the beatles. I know and recognize that song, but had no idea it was by the beatles until about a year ago.

#2302 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

You must be a ton of fun!

Probably not.

#2303 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

It’s muscle wee man

Having been in bodybuilding and physique competitions, there's a lot of fat there at that height and weight. Of course, using BMI doesn't means anything. I was classified as "obese" during my physique comp....but... I'm.... I'm getting off the subject.

Fatty

#2304 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Having been in bodybuilding and physique competitions, there's a lot of fat there at that height and weight. Of course, using BMI doesn't means anything. I was classified as "obese" during my physique comp....but... I'm.... I'm getting off the subject.
Fatty

But you are off subject regarding a teaser video that didn't actually tease anything... so I think you are good.

#2305 3 years ago

Off topic or not he's got a nice body.

#2306 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Fatty

I mean, it is possible but 235 and under 10% bodyfat at 6'1" is "people stop me on the street and ask to take pictures with me" big.

I know a lot of guys that have competed for ten years that struggle to stay over 220 at that percentage (without testosterone supplementation)

#2307 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I had an uncle who said all music sounds the same to him. He was deaf.

So was Beethoven but didn’t stop him, did it?

#2308 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The atrocious grammar and spelling people use on this site triggers me daily and it's all I can do not to correct it.

Feel free to drop me a line whenever you need to vent. From what I can tell, it is only going to get worse. I used to find it kind of annoying when people would end a sentence with a preposition. Now people don't even know what that means, or that to, too, and two are not interchangeable.
It literally drives me insane.
(See what I did there?)

#2309 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Music in general is garbage. I am sure that pinball companies know their customers, so I'm sure it gnr will do well, but to me it just seems that choosing any band would greatly limit your customer interest.
I couldn't name a song by the beatles or iron maiden, acdc music all sounds the same to me. I know metallica has a song called whiskey in a jar, but I've never heard it and I know they covered a Bob Seeger song at one point.
I would be happy if they never made another music pin. Even the people that i know that are music fans don't like music pins. I know two different people (one a metallica fan and another an acdc fan) that sold those pinball machines because it made them get sick of the respective band (hearing the same song over and over).
On the other hand I know half a dozen people that love Iron Maiden but their least favorite part of the game is the band and the music.
So I just don't get the point of music pins.

I love music, and I don’t mind lots of Music Pins to be honest... I have a KISS Pinball and I enjoy those 10 songs a lot, I wish that after JJP Guns N’ Roses, and LZ, someone comes with a nice Queen, then Mötley Crüe, even a Poison Pinball ... then again KISS but by JJP and I’ll put that one besides my Stern.

Cheers Majic

#2310 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Place a comma before "and".
I'm fairly poor at it myself.
Actual grammar nerds are unbearable, but some standards should be enforced.....with a wet noodle!

On what side of the line does "correct number of dots in an ellipsis" fall?

#2311 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

On what side of the line does "correct number of dots in an ellipsis" fall?

And to officially take it too far...
I believe one should only place a comma before a conjunction when the conjunction connects two independent statements. In instances when the subject of both statements is the same, a comma should not be used.

Disclaimer: I didn't finish high school, so I could be completely wrong.

#2312 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

I used to find it kind of annoying when people would end a sentence with a preposition.

Simon Wilder : Which door do I leave from?

Proffesor Pitkannan : At Harvard we don't end our sentences with prepositions.

Simon Wilder : Okay. Which door do I leave from, asshole?

LTG : )

#2313 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Love it,keep them coming Lloyd

#2314 3 years ago

This thread is officially a shit show...fat jokes, grammar police, and music haters - and that is just on the last page.

#2315 3 years ago

You forgot Partiboi69

E94682FC-6011-4768-AF9B-0AA09C7DF685.gifE94682FC-6011-4768-AF9B-0AA09C7DF685.gif
#2316 3 years ago

Pretty sad when you have nothing left in life but to come onto a pinball thread just to tout your unrelated superiority complex.

#2317 3 years ago

This is what I think of when competing pinball manufacturer fan boys fight on the internet.

#2318 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You have truly graduated with honors.

#2319 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

This thread is officially a shit show...fat jokes, grammar police, and music haters - and that is just on the last page.

This is a thread about a teaser video that was released when, it turns out, there was nothing to tease.
What you expect people to talk about?
The "innovative technology" video is as much of a joke as deep root hype at this point.

#2320 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

"You've passed the final test and are now prompted to Supreme Admiral of the 4th fleet of the Stern Army. Please send $300 for your SLE promotion certificate within 30 days"

LOL not hardly I have been moderated for speaking my mind on people who buy LE games both JJP and Stern. You may see me defending Stern from pinheads but you do not often see me showing love for Stern. In the end it is not my love for Stern it is my dislike for pinheads

#2322 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Oh I love Zeppelin,they’re the best band ever!!!!I’m not sure how the music goes with pinball.So many good songs!

I think Iron Maden showed us weather the music is good or bad the pin can be great

#2323 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

LOL not hardly I have been moderated for speaking my mind on people who buy LE games both JJP and Stern. You may see me defending Stern from pinheads but you do not often see me showing love for Stern. In the end it is not my love for Stern it is my dislike for pinheads

This is a strange place to hang out in your free time if you dislike pinheads.

#2324 3 years ago

JJP just posted something on Facebook. Next pin coming October. Didn’t give a name. Just confirming what we’ve been talking about in the last few pages.

#2325 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

JJP just posted something on Facebook. Next pin coming October. Didn’t give a name. Just confirming what we’ve been talking about in the last few pages.

6A18E02B-3160-4676-8CC6-7DA1BC708698 (resized).png6A18E02B-3160-4676-8CC6-7DA1BC708698 (resized).png521465DC-89BF-467F-9C0A-41791C967242 (resized).png521465DC-89BF-467F-9C0A-41791C967242 (resized).png
#2326 3 years ago

JJP teaser game is abysmal.

#2327 3 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

I would be so in for this game if it weren't a crap band that hasn't been relevant in 25+ years. And in my opinion, never was.
Just complete pop-rock ballad cokehead nonsense music.
Why not Deftones or something, or NOFX. If the music involves men wearing tights it's garbage I'm sorry.

You might not like their music... but their last tour just netted $585M. third most of all time.

Not sure how you define "not relevant" but that to me says they're a great face for a coinop device.

#2328 3 years ago

Caught up with the thread, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand flushed...

#2329 3 years ago

So chart-topping = music pin = GNR yea?

#2330 3 years ago

I'm hoping to make GNR my first JJP.

#2331 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

JJP teaser game is abysmal.

Not sure if I would have preferred this teaser or nothing at all... I guess the teaser but just barely.

#2332 3 years ago

Now we know!Next ? When in October?I hope the first day.

#2333 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Again get out Stern Fanboy. Not sure why you guys hang around.

Nice comeback. Let's look at your fanboy comments in this thread.

Quoted from Skyemont:

POTC is fantastic. Better than any Stern to date!!!

Ha! Complete failure for JJP. Had to stop making it due to low demand. Completely failed on location for the poor ops that bought it as well.

Quoted from Skyemont:

Can’t wait for GNR to be released this month. It will be the game of the year.

How do you know this? If I'm a Stern fanboy, where are my posts saying that any given Stern pin is going to be "game of the year"?

Quoted from Skyemont:

Gotcha. No big deal to me. I will wait for GNR. It will be a better pin.

Again, how do you know this? This is blind fanboy wishfulness.

I have every right to be in this thread. I'm interested, if justifiably skeptical, in JJP's output. So are others in here, who have a critical eye. We'll continue to be the cold bucket of water to cool this hyperbolic nonsense about a company that has much promise, but has made a series of bad mistakes.

#2334 3 years ago

Obviously GNR. Kind of wanted a TS for Xmas but seems like that won’t happen.

#2335 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

Honestly after thinking about this, i think the parade song in Ferris Bueller was by the beatles. I know and recognize that song, but had no idea it was by the beatles until about a year ago.

The beatles version of twist and shout (1963) is actually a cover of the Isley brothers from 1962. What I didn't know until just now is that technically was itself a cover of the top notes from 1961. Odds are you've only ever heard the Isley brothers or the beatles though.

I thought the beatles version came a few years later, not just the year after.

#2336 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

The beatles version of twist and shout (1963) is actually a cover of the Isley brothers from 1962. What I didn't know until just now is that technically was itself a cover of the top notes from 1961. Odds are you've only ever heard the Isley brothers or the beatles though.

Well this pretty much confirms the next game is actually Ferris Bueller's Day Off!

#2337 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Hey, can you forward this up the chain? I'll get a JJP tattoo for advertising, in exchange you guys send me 1 GNR pin. Just don't make me get it on the face.

#2339 3 years ago

Thought they may have tried to get ahead of the Deeproot reveal.

#2340 3 years ago

New JJ pin is.....willy wonka but Johnny Depp themed.

I’ll show myself out

#2341 3 years ago

That’s the second teaser now (pretty amateur looking). And October too?

Weak sauce and amazing there is a dedicated marketing team behind this. Let’s just see the damn game.

#2342 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Well this pretty much confirms the next game is actually Ferris Bueller's Day Off!

OMG that would be amazing, with Matthew Broderick callouts.

#2343 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

OMG that would be amazing, with Matthew Broderick callouts.

Incredible idea. Also Karate Kid, Goonies and Back to the Future.

#2344 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I’m in for any game with Jennifer Grey in it.

#2345 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Thought they may have tried to get ahead of the Deeproot reveal.

I was thinking this too,I’m pretty sure that when GnR is revealed it will stand up to the competition

#2346 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I’m in for any game with Jennifer Grey in it.

Did you mean Mia Sara in it.
Jennifer Grey was a dirty dancer

#2347 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That’s the second teaser now (pretty amateur looking). And October too?
Weak sauce and amazing there is a dedicated marketing team behind this. Let’s just see the damn game.

excuse me ? A dedicated marketing team?

#2348 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Did you mean Mia Sara in it.
Jennifer Grey was a dirty dancer

She is also Ferris' sister.

#2349 3 years ago

Soooo...October 31st it is! Unless another teaser comes out.

#2350 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Soooo...October 31st it is! Unless another teaser comes out.

No, October 31st is just the next teaser....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
7,500 (OBO)
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts
Hardware
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.