501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 69.
#2201 3 years ago

Your target market is middle aged men looking to recapture some of the glory from their youth... and if your theme song from that period was GNR, and you are middle aged, well then JJP is probably hitting the sweet spot of their target market. I have been surprised by the performance of the retreads... i.e. JP and TMNT, so I guess a GNR retread might work as well. If I was picking a group who is relevant to my target market, it would be a toss up between GNR and U2, or Aerosmith, and well Stern already did that didn't they? Hmmmm... U2 you say? I bet Bono would do it if you donated all the profits to the rain forest preservation society...

#2202 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Cidercade December 2018
[quoted image]

I hope we get that quality of pins at the Cidercade in Austin. It's a weird mix of quality right now.

#2203 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I hope we get that quality of pins at the Cidercade in Austin. It's a weird mix of quality right now.

Well to be fair, they removed all the JJPs and are nothing but the usual Sterns now.

#2204 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

This is an exceedingly shitty analogy.

It isn't. I'm saying 5.3 million is shit in comparison to what they could try to capture. Guns and Roses is old as fuck. But then again, so is the pinball user base, I guess. Talk about keeping your potential down. Pinball manufacturers are practically single handedly not wanting to capture anyone but the 40 to 65 year old white dude market.

#2205 3 years ago

GNR will kick ass. They were a great band back in the day and are still great. I grew up with them and love the music. If Stern can do 100 music pins JJP can do 1. The guys who love to bash JJP get over it. Jesus Christ.

#2206 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

GNR will kick ass. They were a great band back in the day and are still great. I grew up with them and love the music. Is Stern can do 100 music pins JJP can do 1. The guys who love to bash JJP get over it. Jesus Christ.

Oh I don't love to bash jjp. 75% of my machines are jjp. I even own an old fuddy fuddy music pin. I'm saying that we should tap into a more contemporary well if we wish pinball to survive. Claiming tmnt is doing so is crazy since they used the 80s turtles and not the 2010s one.

#2207 3 years ago

Just went into the kitchen.

Guess what my 18yr old is playing?

GnR.

He tells me that they are a great band!

#2208 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well to be fair, they removed all the JJPs and are nothing but the usual Sterns now.

But they are LE's over there....
Didn't realize they removed all the JJP's though.

#2209 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

GnR.

I honestly believe they will still be regarded as a great band 30 years down the road when nobody's going to remember today's computer-generated tunes. There's a reason why they're still successful. Just as I think the 80's will be considered the golden age of pop music for a long, long time. I'm in my 30s, by the way.

#2210 3 years ago

I'm not a fan of Iron Maiden, nor is my wife. It's in our top two favorite pins though because of the speed and attitude. I can easily see GnR getting the same appeal. Just because it's not the band you want doesn't mean it won't make a great soundtrack to pinball.

I really like how the Maiden pin theme isn't just "Band" though. It's "Legacy of the Beast". I've always thought that Gorillaz would make a great pin because they have their cartoon band theme that would translate well to art and animation.

#2211 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

I don't follow the logic here.
I mean everyone knows who Steve Urkel is and can name at least one of his catchphrases. There is no denying his popularity back in the 90's....
What about furby? Tickle me Elmo?
JJP could do far worse because people in general are morons that like stupid crap

So JJP should do a band theme that is not popular? Great logic.

#2212 3 years ago

My 23 year old son plays alittle pinball in garage he always says he would like to see a Halo or Gears of War and I would like a Sonic Spinball from JJP!Oh yeah Sonic Spinball

#2213 3 years ago
97C43EC0-7458-4B90-9160-DFE9EE6DACDE (resized).jpeg97C43EC0-7458-4B90-9160-DFE9EE6DACDE (resized).jpeg
#2214 3 years ago

I get it. Some people are going to love the idea of GNR and some won't. This goes for all themes. Perhaps there is more hate when it comes to music. I absolutely love POTC as a theme....would love to have that machine...BUT..... I just will never be able to get over staring at Johnny Dep while playing pinball. Its a hard no for me.

#2215 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

GNR will kick ass. They were a great band back in the day and are still great. I grew up with them and love the music. If Stern can do 100 music pins JJP can do 1. The guys who love to bash JJP get over it. Jesus Christ.

100% with you Sky.... and CE for me as well like you mentioned before

#2216 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I just will never be able to get over staring at Johnny Dep while playing pinball. Its a hard no for me.

Maybe if you stop starting at him, it won't be so... hard.

#2217 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Maybe if you stop starting at him, it won't be so hard.

Nope. I can't. My disdain for him gets the best of me. haha.

#2218 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Nope. I can't. My disdain for him gets the best of me. haha.

If you don't own the game, then.....no worries!

#2219 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

My 23 year old son plays alittle pinball in garage he always says he would like to see a Halo or Gears of War and I would like a Sonic Spinball from JJP!Oh yeah Sonic Spinball

Gief world of warcraft pinball plz. Would make for an awesome pin.

#2220 3 years ago

A major distributor in Germany was just contacted by Jack and informed that the next JJP pin will be revealed in October (whatever that means: reveal itself, delivery or whatever). We can pre order here, however not knowing the title. Ridiculous I would say...

To be positive: it seems that something is moving in the right direction.

#2221 3 years ago

Im gonna say, excluding WOZ, GnR will sell more machines than all other tittles combined that JJP has put out since inception!

#2222 3 years ago

And also to those who say not going after new pinball fan base, isn't Toy Story geared towards the younger and new generation as well as those adults who enjoyed it? I mean the first release was 1995 and going strong ever since!

#2223 3 years ago

Jjp6 Jjp6
It is a reality in October !!! Soon there will be new news !! Patience !!! There is very little left

#2224 3 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

A major distributor in Germany was just contacted by Jack and informed that the next JJP pin will be revealed in October (whatever that means: reveal itself, delivery or whatever). We can pre order here, however not knowing the title. Ridiculous I would say...
To be positive: it seems that something is moving in the right direction.

Yes I have now also heard this from a separate European distributor. October for the next JJP title.

#2225 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Have you checked out the Sonic Spinball homebrew thread? It’s pretty awesome!

#2226 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I mean, theres probably 5.3 million pedophiles in the world, too. Should we have a pedophile pinball machine next?
It is an aging and slowly dying well to draw from. An artist from today would have over 10 times the fan base and appeal. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this hobby is slowly dying because it likes to focus on a fan base that is also.... slowly dying.
Edit: oh look. A whole bunch of old people downvoted me for telling the truth. :/ I bet three of you yelled "get off my lawn" as you did it, too.

Yea, because 20 somethings have 12 grand laying around for pinball machine.

#2227 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yea, because 20 somethings have 12 grand laying around for pinball machine.

9.5K - we already talked about this!

j/k

#2228 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

j/k

Hey, the JJP entry price is 7.5K these days, gang.

#2229 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

This is a good, lost point. I have considered building a small JJP collection with just standards.

#2230 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

j/k

LOL. true, true!

#2231 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Have you checked out the Sonic Spinball homebrew thread? It’s pretty awesome!

I have and maybe JJP could fine tune and build it

#2232 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

That’s what my Wonka cost.

#2233 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That’s what my Wonka cost.

Yep and I think alot of folks skip over that. JJP made an effort to bring more buyers in with their new pricing model, but I see/hear people talking about 10K this and that because everyone just assumes you either buy LE or CE. If I do ever get to buy a JJP, it'll be a SE, cuz I'm not sinking $9500 or more into a single game. Wonka and Pirates SE both shoot great and you're not missing much IMO.

#2234 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It's been covered before. Never happen.
LTG : )

What ever happened with pindemption?

#2235 3 years ago

Does anyone have a guess on what a Standard GNR will cost.

#2236 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I get it. Some people are going to love the idea of GNR and some won't. This goes for all themes. Perhaps there is more hate when it comes to music. I absolutely love POTC as a theme....would love to have that machine...BUT..... I just will never be able to get over staring at Johnny Dep while playing pinball. Its a hard no for me.

I actually differ quite a bit on this. I think pirates is a great theme cuz its generic enough to not be offensive. Johnny isn't even really in the game. I can't stand the movies and aren't into pirates but its' definitely different with music pins. They force you to listen to the same 7 songs over and over and over and over it's annoying. Generic pinball music doesn't get anywhere near as brainwormy. It's bad enough for bands I actually like (metallica), let alone ones I don't.

#2237 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Does anyone have a guess on what a Standard GNR will cost.

Best guess $7500

#2238 3 years ago

Did I hear October 1st release date? 10-01-20

#2239 3 years ago
Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

Sure, why not? I heard 01-10-20 personally.

#2240 3 years ago
Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

it's all speculation as JJp has held this one very close to their chests!

#2241 3 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

What ever happened with pindemption?

Died. Never took off. Forgotten.

And a major pain in the butt. If you enable it ( if your game has it ) and don't back up your settings if you go back to regular WOZ, you are in a world of hurt discovering what it all changed so you can manually change each thing back.

LTG : )

#2242 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I will never understand why JJP fans think the only way to build JJP up is to tear down Stern it seams ridiculous to me

#2243 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I will never understand why JJP fans think the only way to build JJP up is to tear down Stern it seams ridiculous to me

Just as there are others who constantly tear down jjp because they are Stern army? It goes both ways and it's a select few on both sides and this is Pinside after all!

#2244 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Oh and seems. Stern army wants to see JJP come apart at the seams. Just putting it into context for you.

#2245 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Oh and seems. Stern army wants to see JJP come apart at the seams. Just putting it into context for you.

The atrocious grammar and spelling people use on this site triggers me daily and it's all I can do not to correct it.

#2246 3 years ago

I think it's not a question of breaking anyone down, the better stern is, the better jjp will be, and the better jjp the better stern will be! without forgetting the other manufacturers who also work very ne well, like CGC, AMERICAN PINBALL, SPOOKY,, all competition It's good, now choose your game and buy it, from any of them you will have a great time !!

#2247 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The atrocious grammar and spelling people use on this site triggers me daily and it's all I can do not to correct it.

That's what you get for texting with your thumbs. I prefer the hunt and peck technique myself.

#2248 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

GnR.

Well now that's not the Crime of the Century now is it?

#2249 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Little man speaks with forked tongue!

#2250 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Place a comma before "and".

I'm fairly poor at it myself.

Actual grammar nerds are unbearable, but some standards should be enforced.....with a wet noodle!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.