501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 69.
#2101 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Probably out.
I played it and was on the fence so I won't pay more than 11.5

So now you've inched up to 11.5 in one paragraph. Do I hear 11,750? lol

#2102 3 years ago

But your max was 11k. I just got you to go 500 more than what you wanted to pay. How about we make it an even 12k?

#2103 3 years ago

I wonder how serious all the "moar POTC" people really are.

It would be interesting to set up a JJP kickstarter with one level: $12.5K. 500 spots.
Would there be enough people to fill that, willing to commit the money?

Maybe JJP would consider doing a run if someone walked up with $6.25M of pre-sold games.

#2104 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It would be interesting to set up a JJP kickstarter with one level: $12.5K. 500 spots.
Maybe JJP would consider doing a run if someone walked up with $6.25M of pre-sold games.

I 'think' you have POTC buyers around 10K but not 12+K. That is the issue.

That is why, in my opinion, if JJP has to charge 12K they should not bother. I know for me I will not buy any pin that is more than 10K. I don't care what it is. There are just way to many pins that I would like that are well under 10K, and I certainly don't need a JJP POTC that bad.

Some of you guys have a shit ton more money than I do so my 10K ceiling is not yours. But I don't think I am in the minority on the "prices are getting too damn high" issue.

#2105 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The problem with your theory is every sentence starts with “I’ve heard” which means I read it somewhere on Pinside which usually means.....

The problem with your reply is that I also exist off of Pinside, much like yourself. And I'm sure you of all people, often have interesting conversations, experiences, and insight well beyond what exists on here. To assume I don't have some on occassion equals literal ignorance.

#2106 3 years ago

I wouldn’t pay over 10 for a potc. If they do eventually release another 500, the huo market drops drastically on potc. It would bring prices back to retail prices at least. If they release a special black pearl edition like a wozybr for 11.5, that would be tempting but still probably out. Just too much money for us average joes on one game.

#2107 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I wouldn’t pay over 10 for a potc. If they do eventually release another 500, the huo market drops drastically on potc. It would bring prices back to retail prices at least. If they release a special black pearl edition like a wozybr for 11.5, that would be tempting but still probably out. Just too much money for us average joes on one game.

Yah this.. the people that arent exactly hurting for dough would maybe buy one at 12k or whatever but they dont care about the price anyways.

Anyone else is going to figure.. cool now prices will drop and Ill wait it out.

The only thing driving price up is FOMO and lack of pins for sale.. once more are in the market that goes away.

#2108 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You really think that many people would drop that kind of money sight unseen with just a hope they would get produced? I would be amazed if they just got half that many people to put a small deposit if $12.5k. This game did not sell well to begin with for much less. Many that would buy already own it or owned it in the past. Those looking to buy have their price limits. I think this is the same problem CGC is facing with remakes. You are looking for new customers and competing against used pins. You have to make the remake more attractive with extra features and/or price.

#2109 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

You really think that many people would drop that kind of money sight unseen with just a hope they would get produced? I would be amazed if they just got half that many people to put a small deposit if $12.5k. This game did not sell well to begin with for much less. Many that would buy already own it or owned it in the past. Those looking to buy have their price limits. I think this is the same problem CGC is facing with remakes. You are looking for new customers and competing against used pins. You have to make the remake more attractive with extra features and/or price.

No, I was speculating what-ifs. It's not exactly sight unseen though since everyone knows what POTC has in it at this point.

I do think the chances of a second run would increase if it were so, as JJP would have essentially zero risk. A completely presold run.

#2110 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Only issue is a portion of that money would need to be non refundable to truly minimize JJP’s risk.

I forget how much I put for my early order but it was at least 1k. Many cancelled and got their cash back for various reasons.

This can’t happen on another run.

#2111 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Only issue is a portion of that money would need to be non refundable to truly minimize JJP’s risk.
I forget how much I put for my early order but it was at least 1k. Many cancelled and got their cash back for various reasons.
This can’t happen on another run.

IIRC the deposit was only $250. I withdrew mine, to my great shame and regret. I fell victim to the Pinside mob mentality, being too new to know better.

#2112 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Agreed. Remember, discgate and trunkgate caused big pullbacks in preorders, and sales were a slow burn at first.
It took a while for the word to get get out that the game was awesome.

Nobody has put all the pieces together in this thread, but this ^^^ was specifically called out by Keith on the Buffalo podcast as the reason that the game was discontinued. Initial projections which are based on preorder numbers were significantly decreased after so many people stupidly pulled their preorder after the spinning disc was changed. That meant parts orders were also decreased, increasing cost per part, and the sunk costs into development went way up per unit shipped. The game became unprofitable, and they made the (wise, I assume) business decision to pull the plug. It sucks for those who need parts for sure.

NON-HEARSAY, ACTUAL REAL-WORLD REFERENCE:

#2113 3 years ago

Just a reminder, this thread was created because JJP put out a video saying: "You asked for INNOVATION, we answered. Everything is about to change!"

If they let 4 months go by and then announced the re-release of a game that came out years ago that'd be quite the marketing strategy... realistically it'd just make me a little concerned that things aren't going well behind the scenes at JJP, though I'm glad to see they've got the new factory up + running despite the economic hardships of 2020.

Back to what this thread is supposed to be about: what kind of 'innovation' are you hoping or expecting to see out of JJP? I originally thought the teaser was leading up to online leaderboards/head to head play for their full catalog of games (would've been really nice for us JJP owners during quarantine). Maybe it's animated inserts? Who knows.

I think one thing JJP could potentially do to set them apart from other manufacturers would be to offer 2 different game-modes, home and location. A few of their games (at least POTC + Hobbit) seem to be 'too deep' to really shine on location. Would it be worth having the full, rich JJP code/rules we've come to expect, along with a more stripped down version that can be easily explained for location play? It's probably (almost undoubtedly) not worth the programming time, but I think it'd be neat.

#2114 3 years ago

Just so it's clear, "when" (not if) JJP releases a new pin (e.g., GnR), what will be first to be sold and made available based on the past? Do CE's and LE's come out the same time?

#2115 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Just so it's clear, "when" (not if) JJP releases a new pin (e.g., GnR), what will be first to be sold and made available based on the past? Do CE's and LE's come out the same time?

Good question. Seems like CE’s are last. I hope I’m wrong. I’m getting a GNR CE and a TS LE.

#2116 3 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

I think one thing JJP could potentially do to set them apart from other manufacturers would be to offer 2 different game-modes, home and location.

They literally did this in Wonka.

#2117 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

They literally did this in Wonka.

I guess I'm just an idiot, huge props to Jersey Jack for learning from past criticisms. I hadn't heard that before but that's really cool to me.

#2118 3 years ago

Just a reminder, this thread was created because JJP put out a video saying: "You asked for INNOVATION, we answered. Everything is about to change!"
If they let 4 months go by and then announced the re-release of a game that came out years ago that'd be quite the marketing strategy... realistically it'd just make me a little concerned that things aren't going well behind the scenes at JJP, though I'm glad to see they've got the new factory up + running despite the economic hardships of 2020.
Back to what this thread is supposed to be about: what kind of 'innovation' are you hoping or expecting to see out of JJP? I originally thought the teaser was leading up to online leaderboards/head to head play for their full catalog of games (would've been really nice for us JJP owners during quarantine). Maybe it's animated inserts? Who knows.
I think one thing JJP could potentially do to set them apart from other manufacturers would be to offer 2 different game-modes, home and location. A few of their games (at least POTC + Hobbit) seem to be 'too deep' to really shine on location. Would it be worth having the full, rich JJP code/rules we've come to expect, along with a more stripped down version that can be easily explained for location play? It's probably (almost undoubtedly) not worth the programming time, but I think it'd be neat.

I still think something big software related is coming for all JJP machines, not only Wifi updates, as there hasn't been a single JJP code update in over 6 months. Something is going on.

JJP has tried a more basic ruleset for some on location play, it was a redemption ticket mode. I think Stern tried it too and neither really took off. Having a basic ruleset for location play may appease 5% of players, the non pinball players, but then push actual pinball players away. It was cool they tried it.

#2119 3 years ago

I guess I'm just an idiot, huge props to Jersey Jack for learning from past criticisms. I hadn't heard that before but that's really cool to me.

It was easy to miss if you're not watching the code updates. They called it coin-op mode.

https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2019/10/08/code-update-jersey-jacks-dialed-in-v-1-25/

#2120 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I also call BS on the "lack of demand".

When it was leaked the night before the unveiling at MGC. About the removal of the three spinning discs and trunk lid opening. Pinside lit up and people were canceling orders.

A lot of games went unsold. Remember the ones in Australia that were NIB and people were buying them and shipping back to the USA ? After you couldn't find them here, why were they unsold ?

The game may be hot now. Out of the gate it wasn't.

LTG : )

#2121 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I still think something big software related is coming for all JJP machines, not only Wifi updates, as there hasn't been a single JJP code update in over 6 months. Something is going on.

With the teaser vid structured how it was, showing all the past titles leading to the "?", I just assumed it'd be some feature debuting on their next title + rolling out to all past JJP games (requiring a dongle or whatever). Continuing support for older titles is the #1 way to my heart for a pinball company and shows good will to loyal customers, and if it's something *big* that they're touting as "INNOVATION" I'm still very excited to see it... Right now though I'd just like to see any kind of communication or announcement from Jersey Jack.

Quoted from zaphX:

It was easy to miss if you're not watching the code updates. They called it coin-op mode.
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2019/10/08/code-update-jersey-jacks-dialed-in-v-1-25/

Thanks for the info, that's really cool. Would be interesting to see how extreme you could push this, potentially have different modes w/ different assets between the two game-types. Again, I get that it's absolutely not worth it from a business perspective, but could add depth/variety for in-home owners.

#2122 3 years ago

I have not played much DI in the past, so I'm not 100% sure about smart-phone integration. Is there an app that allows you to interface with DI?

I'm kinda thinking their innovation will be some kind of mobile app that allows you to track info on your game(s), view scores, catalog errors, change settings, review audits, etc. If you can bring the game online, then you should be able to build an app to do these things.

#2123 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

When it was leaked the night before the unveiling at MGC. About the removal of the three spinning discs and trunk lid opening. Pinside lit up and people were canceling orders.
A lot of games went unsold. Remember the ones in Australia that were NIB and people were buying them and shipping back to the USA ? After you couldn't find them here, why were they unsold ?

JJP learned the hard lesson of not showing your hand until you know you can make what you are showing. I do not think they will make that mistake again.

#2124 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I have not played much DI in the past, so I'm not 100% sure about smart-phone integration. Is there an app that allows you to interface with DI?

Well I own one and don;t know anything aboot smart phone integration either You were supposed to be able to connect via BT to the game and use flipper or have a MB or something.
I remember it kind of being pushed to the side, or people just not really caring.

#2125 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Wasn't the reason for the cease of POTC production because it was too costly and they needed to get on with their next title? I don't think letters would help if a business is losing money making a product. Plenty of POTC out there, just wait for a HUO one to purchase when someone wants a change.

The more they make, the less the cost for each of them.
As long as assembly+bom and license<9.5k they should make more. This will also mean a cheap way of restocking spare parts.

For customers, there will be new games available.

For company there will be revenues in new games and spare parts. The remaking can also be used to keep the lines/production going during development of new games.

For owners it will mean a higher chance for spare-parts to be available down the road.

Win-win-win.

#2126 3 years ago

I'm kinda thinking their innovation will be some kind of mobile app that allows you to track info on your game(s), view scores, catalog errors, change settings, review audits, etc. If you can bring the game online, then you should be able to build an app to do these things.

There is an APp, but to be honest controlling the flippers with the Phone is completely pointless.
Well, my son use the app to hassle daddy, while playing now and then.

#2127 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Sounds like classics like CV

#2128 3 years ago

I'm sorry, i Dont see any merrit in this.
Are people really going to play each other over the net? Seems odd and uncompareable to me.
Compare high-score?
Pinside.
Error checking, Well this is probably allready done with ease.
Hands up Everybody who think jjp is totally unaware of through errors?

The upside as I see it is code-Update and downloadable content.

#2129 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I'm sorry, i Dont see any merrit in this.
Are people really going to play each other over the net? Seems odd and uncompareable to me.
Compare high-score?
Pinside.
Error checking, Well this is probably allready done with ease.
Hands up Everybody who think jjp is totally unaware of through errors?
The upside as I see it is code-Update and downloadable content.

yes, there has been chatter about Stern's doing downloadable content. I think it's a good model and good value, but some folks hate the idea of downloadable content.

#2130 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well I own one and don;t know anything aboot smart phone integration either You were supposed to be able to connect via BT to the game and use flipper or have a MB or something.
I remember it kind of being pushed to the side, or people just not really caring.

It was included as a fun side benefit of the game, as a gimmick to integrate with the prominent phone in the theme. Nobody expected anyone to really play the game using their phone. Jack confirmed this at some point.

#2131 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

The more they make, the less the cost for each of them.
As long as assembly+bom and license<9.5k they should make more. This will also mean a cheap way of restocking spare parts.
For customers, there will be new games available.
For company there will be revenues in new games and spare parts. The remaking can also be used to keep the lines/production going during development of new games.
For owners it will mean a higher chance for spare-parts to be available down the road.
Win-win-win.

This ^^^

As long as their supplier MOQs are reasonable and line up with each other, they will make a larger profit margin on the subsequent run. You can also sell the overstock of parts to the parts shops and pull a little extra $$ that way.

I would be a player at $10k but that’s max - $9.5k even better.

#2132 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

This ^^^
As long as their supplier MOQs are reasonable and line up with each other, they will make a larger profit margin on the subsequent run. You can also sell the overstock of parts to the parts shops and pull a little extra $$ that way.
I would be a player at $10k but that’s max - $9.5k even better.

Well, and to this point regarding stocking parts, look at the next streamlined release. Pirates is definitely at another level of complexity and mech usage than Wonka. Kinda supports the notion that Pirates was an overstep regarding materials used, and Wonka a more cost effective direction.

Let's see how GnR turns out in comparison!

#2133 3 years ago

If you want a reason why we don't post here that often, this post is a pretty damn good example. If I go on an interview and say something, I'm saying it for a reason, and it's not to BS the entire community. Last time I talked about this, I htink, was on Buffalo Pinball and it was all legit. But let's go over it anyway.

Quoted from Psw757:

Lack of demand is a false narrative from them. Do you really expect Jack and gang to come out and say listen, we got our ass handed to us on this build and made very little? That would sound terrible to investors and the community.

This paragraph is riddled with problems. What evidence do you have that the narrative is false? Do you really think the investors had NO FUCKING CLUE what the game cost as it was going down the line? Believe me, they are very in-tune with what's going on around here, as well they should be.

Why would it sound terrible to the community? "Oh no, JJP isn't making enough profit, I'm practically stealing this game from them!" Sounds like they got a hell of a deal in that case, not sure why they would care.

Quoted from Psw757:

Maybe early on demand was soft due to the delays and removal/change to several toys but it definitely picked up prior to the shutting it down.

Yes, it picked up when everyone realized that was the end of the run.

As I explained on Buffalo Pinball, in manufacturing we have these things called lead times. That's how long it takes from when you order parts to when it's available for you to build games. This time can be anywhere from 3-12 weeks. This is true for every manufacturer. So, when the line is getting near the end of what they need to build, the decision of what to do next has to be made in time for you not to get shut down by lead time issues. For those number of weeks prior to the end of the line, there was DEFINITELY no interest to warrant ordering more POTC parts. So, the decision was made to move to WW, where we know we'll move a large number just because it's a new game, it's a good theme, and we think it's a good game.

So for those weeks after we made the decision, yes, demand went up greatly. It's too bad it wasn't sooner, because more would've been made then, but A) you can't make up your mind when you run out of parts, you have to plan and B) you can't assume demand is going to skyrocket and be stuck with a bunch of parts that don't turn into games.

Quoted from Psw757:

The one thing that likely didn’t change was the margins on the build, I’m not hinting with all the issues and compounded with delays and length of build per game, margins were soft.

OK Doomer. Fell free to keep ignoring me!

#2134 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

aka street mode

#2135 3 years ago

It's crazy to me to see all of the people campaigning for POTC to get remade... But, then want to say how much it should cost. And they are out if it's over X amount (still well below current street value).

So, JJP fires up the POTC again. They charge $10k (like many hope). Then street value of used games goes down (due to supply and demand). Now, people can get a used POTC and JJP orders go down.

I think JJP would be crazy to re release it for anywhere under $12k.

Just my opinion and me babbling. Not trying to offend...

#2136 3 years ago

They started this post with a teaser followed by 100+ days of silence .Now they have to take the backlash like men .Ill always be interested in what JJP is putting out but for now ....On to the deep root thread!

#2137 3 years ago

I said this before, but I'll repeat myself. I think the POTC ship has sailed (pun intended), and rightfully so. I own one, and it's an awesome game. But JJP didn't get much love for it when it came out. As Keith explained, it made no sense to keep going with it when the demand wasn't there. Maybe the demand is there now, but I highly doubt it's enough to justify JJP starting anew, ordering all the parts, etc. I really don't think they'd sell enough to make it worth their time and expense. They have other potentially profitable games in the pipeline. They should focus on those. I hate to say it, and sorry if I offend anyone, but if you wanted a POTC at factory issued prices, you should have bought it when it was offered. If you want one bad enough now, pony up the cash and buy a used one. I keep seeing them pop up in the marketplace.

#2138 3 years ago

pinball_keefer thank you so much for taking your time and posting that. I thought we were done with all the theories and guesswork after you said the reason loud and clear on buffalo stream. Guess not. Hopefully this will finally kill of all the speculation about why.

#2139 3 years ago

here's purely a guess. Imagine a pin with downloadable content, like additional songs package....hmmm

#2140 3 years ago

I guess it makes sense about PotC not enough juice for the squeeze.

#2141 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

here's purely a guess. Imagine a pin with downloadable content, like additional songs package....hmmm

So you pay $10,000 for a machine and have to pay more for the full package? Brilliant.

#2142 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Imagine a pin with downloadable content, like additional songs package....hmmm

Can't think of anything worse.

#2143 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So you pay $10,000 for a machine and have to pay more for the full package? Brilliant.

That's what folks say on the Stern threads about DLC.

#2144 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

If you want a reason why we don't post here that often, this post is a pretty damn good example. If I go on an interview and say something, I'm saying it for a reason, and it's not to BS the entire community. Last time I talked about this, I htink, was on Buffalo Pinball and it was all legit. But let's go over it anyway.

This paragraph is riddled with problems. What evidence do you have that the narrative is false? Do you really think the investors had NO FUCKING CLUE what the game cost as it was going down the line? Believe me, they are very in-tune with what's going on around here, as well they should be.
Why would it sound terrible to the community? "Oh no, JJP isn't making enough profit, I'm practically stealing this game from them!" Sounds like they got a hell of a deal in that case, not sure why they would care.

As I explained on Buffalo Pinball, in manufacturing we have these things called lead times. That's how long it takes from when you order parts to when it's available for you to build games. This time can be anywhere from 3-12 weeks. This is true for every manufacturer. So, when the line is getting near the end of what they need to build, the decision of what to do next has to be made in time for you not to get shut down by lead time issues. For those number of weeks prior to the end of the line, there was DEFINITELY no interest to warrant ordering more POTC parts. So, the decision was made to move to WW, where we know we'll move a large number just because it's a new game, it's a good theme, and we think it's a good game.
So for those weeks after we made the decision, yes, demand went up greatly. It's too bad it wasn't sooner, because more would've been made then, but A) you can't make up your mind when you run out of parts, you have to plan and B) you can't assume demand is going to skyrocket and be stuck with a bunch of parts that don't turn into games.

It’s been like forever since there was a game built shown, or even code updated/finished for pirates I have my opinion and it is what it is. And since you asked, yes I think your investors are a bunch of clowns at this point.

And for the record I do love my game!

#2145 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

The frustration on your end is definitely understandable, but this is also a crowd that's pretty Pro JJP, wants to see you guys succeed, and also wants to have awareness of the brand and it's future plans, in some vague capacity.

When that level of awareness doesn't exist at the level that consumers hope for, enthusiasts on an enthusiasts board, in a fairly small niche of a business, will speculate.

In no way is it your duty Keith to do PR for JPP, but the speculation and discussion does exist on account of the existing equation of "hungry potential customers + a delayed pipeline of info = head scratching and debate."

I only speak for myself here, but in short speculation exists due to optimism and JJP product hunger, rather than malice. I hope, and assume, that's a mindset many on here share.

#2146 3 years ago

Keith is 100% right about no demand and also LTG is on the money. I was sitting in a room full of people in Oz, with Jack speaking about the new POTC. He was throwing out plastic pirate coins and drumming up sales for POTC, with slide show etc. People were there to look at and consider buying POTC. I was one of those people. I played POTC along with the many other games at the pinball show. Jack asked during the meeting and near the end of his presentation, if he could he could see by a raise of hands how many of us were going to buy POTC? Only 1 person raised their hand and I think one other person did also actually buy one at the show.

There was almost no demand, even with POTC on the floor and people playing the heck out of it, for a test run. The real issue was, no one wanted to buy a game they knew would lose big money in the secondary market, because of all the issues surrounding POTC. I was heavily debating between POTC and Dialed In. I left the show buying Dialed In.

With few POTCs ever produced demand is naturally higher, with FOMO coming into play and some collectors wanting a game few have. Start making more and watch prices and demand come down again, as they were in the beginning. Looking back, wished I’d purchased POTC, instead and could have sold it for more, because of the very low numbers actually produced. Lol

#2147 3 years ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

On the Poorman's Pinball Podcast they said they have it on good authority that JJP will release their game on Friday (9/18) with games to be shipped that day.
Now I'm excited!

In this absolute car wreck of a thread, this post actually made me happy to see. Who knows if it's true but I said this before.

JJP can't be this dumb to ignore for so long. They might be pulling a Stern stranger things and if they do, they will be the talk of the town.

I would love to see this! Money is already ready to be taken Jack. Deliver.

#2148 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Depending on license and which songs, could be costly if not cost prohibitive.

Many TV shows that went to DVD had changes in music because of things like that.

And when Stern wrote an extra mode for a game with a topper. The place erupted.

I shudder to think every time an update adding cool features comes out. And those bastards are charging for a game I already spent good money on ! Pinside already has enough grief.

Good idea. Poor in practice.

#2149 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Keith is 100% right about no demand and also LTG is on the money. I was sitting in a room full of people in Oz, with Jack speaking about the new POTC. He was throwing out plastic pirate coins and drumming up sales for POTC, with slide show etc. People were there to look at and consider buying POTC. I was one of those people. I played POTC along with the many other games at the pinball show. Jack asked during the meeting and near the end of his presentation, if he could see could see by a raise of hands how many of us were going to buy POTC? Only 1 person raised their hand and I think one other person did also actually buy one at the show.
There was almost no demand, even with POTC on the floor and people playing the heck out of it, for a test run. The real issue was, no one wanted to buy a game they knew would lose big money in the secondary market, because of all the issues surrounding POTC. I was heavily debating between POTC and Dialed In. I left the show buying Dialed In.
With few POTCs ever produced demand is naturally higher, with FOMO coming into play and some collectors wanting a game few have. Start making more and watch prices and demand come down again, as they were in the beginning. Looking back, wished I’d purchased POTC, instead and could have sold it for more, because of the very low numbers actually sold. Lol

That fucking blows man. Jack has such a wonderful energy, and I've watched many of the presentations he and the crew have done, and there might as well be people sleeping, after eating the free food. To create and want to hype something, then get such a sterile muted response, is pretty painful to take in.

I reentered this scene just as POTC was going into production, so the momentum switch you talk about was really foreign to me. When I played the game initially at JJP HQ in the lobby, I was draining more on that than the Hobbit, loved the Hobbit license, and seeing that also for the first time had me somewhat dismissive of POTC. Playing it on location at Helicon, the very first game out in the wild I just found out, again, things just weren't clicking with me. The potential was understood by me when watching the Deadflip Valentine's Day stream, and ever since the game has been magical in my eyes.

#2150 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It’s been like forever since there was a game built shown, or even code updated/finished for pirates I have my opinion and it is what it is. And since you asked, yes I think your investors are a bunch of clowns at this point.
And for the record I do love my game!

Good lord.. the guy takes time out of his day to actually give some real world basic honest info and still gets kicked in the nuts.

Most of the speculation (during a pandemic no less which is royally f-ing up manufacturing for tons of companies) on here about how business or manufacturing actually work is so off base its embarrassing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/43?hl=skipnatty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.