501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 69.
#2001 3 years ago

Post #2001 a Space Odyssey!

#2002 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I’d rather have a 90’s B/W retread (aka my CGC MBrLe) than anything JJP has put out since WOZ. Not a build guilty issue, per se, but nothing JJP has done since then has ruffled my feathers (POTC being excluded due to its way to short production run). I had such high hopes on DI and Wonka, but sadly, old Universal classic monsters is a better theme than either of those polished turds. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still pinball, just not my kind of pinball fun.

I'll need to run a JJP fan boy test on you...

182135.gif182135.gif

I guess you're OK.

#2003 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Post #2001 a Space Odyssey!

But that story had an unhappy end, if I recall correctly.

#2004 3 years ago

Anyway to get back on track the GnR announcement will be this week sometime!!!!

#2005 3 years ago

You know another way to think about this whole ordeal... JJP likes to KILL every game day one out of the box. Not a game with virtually no code and 100 code updates over the next 2 years. JJP moved their company, set up a new shop, hired new staff, blah, blah.

There is an old saying about how great things are worth waiting for... if the game KILLS IT the wait will be worth it.

Avengers Sterns new game looks rushed... might be the worst CGI I've ever seen on a Stern. Not to mention the theme isn't even based on the popular movie. Disney can green light anything and everything because there are no actors to deal with. JJP on the other hand has based EVERYTHING they've ever created except Dialed In on the movie.

Guns N Roses has record companies, producers, band members to deal with it on top of everything else. If they do Toy Story and it includes Tom Hanks and Tim Allen they have to deal with those guys along with the producers of the films plus Disney. When Stern does something based on a comic they need no one to approve but Disney.

Hobbit had virtually the ENTIRE movie included in the game... I promise you those approvals had to go thru Peter Jackson on top of Warner and maybe the estate, blah, blah. JJP does everything first class so I expect GNR to be first class.

Rumor has it that the CE will include signatures of the band members... that has never been done before. Maybe those are the games they're produce FIRST... did anyone think about that? If that is the case maybe they're waiting for all the autographs to come back who knows. Honestly JJP SHOULD sell the CE first!

That game is coming and coming soon! I'm hearing it will be the best music pin ever created and if that is the case it will be worth the few extra months we had to wait. Hey look at 'The Batman' we got a trailer a couple weeks ago and the movie doesn't release for another 13 months. Its just a teaser and honestly it worked because people keep talking about it.

#2006 3 years ago

JJP games are just so boring! Hopefully, if it is GN'R it'll be better than the previous efforts!

#2007 3 years ago

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy....

#2008 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Hobbit had virtually the ENTIRE movie included in the game... I promise you those approvals had to go thru Peter Jackson on top of Warner and maybe the estate, blah, blah. JJP does everything first class so I expect GNR to be first class

Not sure if it was the JJP podcast or elsewhere, but I distinctly heard the other week that Warner Brothers allowed them any and all usage that they wanted for the Hobbit. No actors had licensing rights like they did for Pirates, which would have required licensing and approval for any and all actors used.

#2009 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Not sure if it was the JJP podcast or elsewhere, but I distinctly heard the other week that Warner Brothers allowed them any and all usage that they wanted for the Hobbit. No actors had licensing rights like they did for Pirates, which would have required licensing and approval for any and all actors used.

I would agree when they do certain movies actors sign aware those rights. Tom Cruise on the other hand doesn't sign away his rights period. Neither does Brad Pitt or Johnie Depp and the list goes on. However I'm positive Peter Jackson had final say on everything. Additionally Warner doesn't own Hobbit it was MGM who partnered with Warner to make the film. Ultimately I'm sure everything has to be approved to the Tolkien estate as well.

My point being every title is going to have different reasons for delays. If you're making a non-licensed title you don't have anything to worry about but if you're doing something where big time producers own a chunk ... approvals can take months.

#2010 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

posting rampage.

Its not a rampage, Its a spree. Damn Germans.

Remember I'm not only a JJP fanboy but I'm also the President.

JLM

Jersey Lives Matter

Wake up people. Oh yeah

#2011 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Its not a rampage, Its a spree. Damn Germans.

Remember I'm not only a JJP fanboy but I'm also the President.

JLM

Jersey Lives Matter

Wake up people. Oh yeah

Is that what you Canadians call it ? OK. I'm real glad, though, you're finally fessing up to being in the club

#2012 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Munsters Pro...now it all makes sense!

I put it on route. Only thing it’s good for.

#2013 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I would agree when they do certain movies actors sign aware those rights. Tom Cruise on the other hand doesn't sign away his rights period. Neither does Brad Pitt or Johnie Depp and the list goes on. However I'm positive Peter Jackson had final say on everything. Additionally Warner doesn't own Hobbit it was MGM who partnered with Warner to make the film. Ultimately I'm sure everything has to be approved to the Tolkien estate as well.
My point being every title is going to have different reasons for delays. If you're making a non-licensed title you don't have anything to worry about but if you're doing something where big time producers own a chunk ... approvals can take months.

Tolkien estate does not have rights pertaining to the Hobbit movies - there's no way they would have approved anything like a pinball machine. Not sure on Peter Jackson, he doesn't claim ownership of Hobbit as a property and the movies aren't owned by him, they are owned by the studio which paid for production rights (Warners and MGM) TH was probably a rubber stamp by Warner Bros. MGM was in such disarray the whole time it barely counts as a functioning company. That's why it took 10 years to get the movies made.

TH production was notorious for having very strict contracts that basically didn't allow the actors anything special, in order to get production going. The NZ actors guild had a whole lawsuit about it

Good for us though, made
Approvals easier...

#2014 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I put it on route. Only thing it’s good for.

Well we finally agree on something, but lets not break the pattern so I expect a downvote sir.

#2015 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

You know another way to think about this whole ordeal... JJP likes to KILL every game day one out of the box.

You lost me after that statement.

#2016 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

You know another way to think about this whole ordeal... JJP likes to KILL every game day one out of the box. Not a game with virtually no code and 100 code updates over the next 2 years.

U right that is another way to think about, like a complete moron. WTF r u talking about?

#2017 3 years ago

Maybe when he says kill day one he means kill sales?

#2018 3 years ago

Killed it as in making sure it is finished, code included, is his point, I believe. JJP fanbois-speak is sometimes hard to translate, but you kind of get used to it after you drink the koolaid....

#2019 3 years ago
train-wreck-44aa06f2ec (resized).jpgtrain-wreck-44aa06f2ec (resized).jpg
#2020 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

"Funny" how it's rarely the people who own or who seem interested in owning JJP machines are usually the ones making a fuss about how Jersey Jack hasn't released or teased anything, while us fans and owners are like, yeah, whatever, they'll release a new pin when it's ready, not concerned.
"Funny" is in quotes of course because there's nothing peculiar or mysterious about it, it's people who never mentally graduated from the Nintendo vs. Sega shit they did when they were 12 (or Atari vs. Intellivision if you're ancient like me).

A better description of JJP buyers is at some point during the conversation they will trash another company to buildup JJP guaranteed.

#2021 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

A better description of JJP buyers is at some point during the conversation they will trash another company to buildup JJP guaranteed.

Oh shit,now you woke up the wee little man!

#2022 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Rumor has it that the CE will include signatures of the band members... that has never been done before.

First question would be .... what band member's signatures? The original or is it going to be like KISS where you get the replacements?

Speaking of KISS, it may be a grey area but there was the "Special KISS" version that had the signatures. However, it was only available through the KISS site if I recall correctly.

#2023 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

First question would be .... what band member's signatures? The original or is it going to be like KISS where you get the replacements?
Speaking of KISS, it may be a grey area but there was the "Special KISS" version that had the signatures. However, it was only available through the KISS site if I recall correctly.

Yes, for an extra $3-4000 you could get a little card with signatures... with the 2 replacements guys. Shockingly, these didn't fly out the door.

#2024 3 years ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

JJP games are just so boring! Hopefully, if it is GN'R it'll be better than the previous efforts!

Back when WOZ came out this would have gotten 20 down votes I think so many less shows the high prices of JJP games have hurt them

#2025 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Back when WOZ came out this would have gotten 20 down votes I think so many less shows the high prices of JJP games have hurt them

or maybe people recognize trolls and quite properly ignore them...

#2026 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Yes, JJP games are now $7500 - $9500 while Stern's that have half the features and half the code are $6k - $9k+...

#2027 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes, JJP games are now $7500 - $9500 while Stern's that have half the features and half the code are $6k - $9k+...

You spelled $12,500.00 wrong.

#2028 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

U were just in another thread asking "what does JJP have to do with it" and yet here u are doing the same thing.

#2029 3 years ago

I guess my question is who is getting the new JJP game this month? I’m in on a CE of either. Doesn’t matter. I like JJP games.

#2030 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I guess my question is who is getting the new JJP game this month? I’m in on a CE of either. Doesn’t matter. I like JJP games.

I'm in for one if you want to be my sugar daddy

#2031 3 years ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

Is this the same fella who thinks Woody and Buzz are gay lovers?

#2032 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This thread should be locked until there is real news.
39 pages of BS

Deeproot thread says hold my beer.

#2033 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

it’s probably reasonable not to count the CEs and SLEs.

#2034 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Is this the same fella who thinks Woody and Buzz are gay lovers?

lol you said woody

#2035 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

You spelled $15,000 wrong. Need that piece of Elviras old couch!

#2036 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I still need to see the full game and hear about its ruleset design. Its interesting that JJP hasn't released a single code update for any game in over 6 months which makes me believe its been all hands on deck for the new pin.

#2037 3 years ago

We're looking at this wrong. Sure, JJP is doing a shit job at communication, but they've provided one of the most important things in this hobby... Competition!

Sure, they're not on the level or anywhere close to Stern, but they do give customers more options and they do create innovative games that have clearly pushed Stern to improve (even slightly).

I'm frustrated with them too. But instead of slamming them, maybe we should rout for them. Maybe we should try to be a little more patient, and give them an opportunity to show what they've been working on. Patience is a virtue and all that good stuff.

I bought a Dialed In a couple of years ago, and had loads of issues. I contacted support, and got a call back from Jack himself. We chatted on the phone for about an hour, and I actually really found him to be genuine and concerned. He sent me two complimentary sheets of invisible glass to make up for the inconvenience. He really didn't have to do that.

I've also had good support from Stern, but not with that personal touch.

We all have our ideas as to how we'd run the company, but none of us sit in that chair, so why don't we just wait a little longer and see what they have in store.

Hopefully they'll reissue POTC, but again, let's just wait and see.

I wish JJP all the luck in the world, because without them, pinball has one huge company that can monopolize and dictate the hobby however they choose.

#2038 3 years ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

I bet you are in a lot. Not just pinball.

#2039 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

We're looking at the wrong. Sure, JJP is doing a shit job at communication, but they've provided one of the most important things in this hobby... Competition!
Sure, they're not on the level or anywhere close to Stern, but they do give customers more options and they do create innovative games that have clearly pushed Stern to improve (even slightly).
I'm frustrated with them too. But instead of slamming them, maybe we should rout for them. Maybe we should try to be a little more patient, and give them an opportunity to show what they've been working on. Patience is a virtue and all that good stuff.
I bought a Dialed In a couple of years ago, a d had loads of issues. I contacted support, and got a call back from Jack himself. We chatted on the phone for about an hour, and I actually really found him to be genuine and concerned. He sent me two complimentary sheets of invisible glass to make up for the inconvenience.
I've also had good support from Stern, but not with that personal touch.
We all have our ideas as to how we'd run the company, but none of us sit in that chair, so why don't we just wait a little longer and see what they have in store.
Hopefully they'll reissue POTC, but again, let's just wait and see.
I wish JJP all the luck in the world, because without them, pinball has one huge company that can monopolize and dictate the hobby however they choose.

How dare you interrupt this thread with a sane response. This volleying back and forth is more entertaining than Pro Sports currently!

#2040 3 years ago

All this thread really needs is some Stern a$$kissers to start yodeling the company line and our journey to the dark side will be complete....

#2041 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

All this thread really needs is some Stern a$$kissers to start yodeling the company line and our journey to the dark side will be complete....

Yodelling (resized).jpgYodelling (resized).jpg
#2042 3 years ago

I wrote to JJP asking them to please remake POTC again. If we bombard them with letters and messages do you think it will help in making them release POTC again? Kind of like writing to you senator, but to your pinball company instead

#2043 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

it’s probably reasonable not to count the CEs and SLEs.

What exactly is a SLEs

#2044 3 years ago

Really don't understand why an other batch of POTC would not be made, would they not have already paid for the rights? Think they would have made more to justify the costs, I'm assuming it was not cheap.

#2045 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

What exactly is a SLEs

plural of SLE. Just enter those letters into the pinside search.

#2046 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Really don't understand why an other batch of POTC would not be made, would they not have already paid for the rights? Think they would have made more to justify the costs, I'm assuming it was not cheap.

Because they weren't selling. New owner of JJP confirmed as much in podcast a while back.

#2047 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Because they weren't selling. New owner of JJP confirmed as much in podcast a while back

Should make an other 100 at least , seems to be a demand now

#2048 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

What exactly is a SLEs

... JY64, that’s the term for "Super Limited Editions" like Batman 66 SLE’s (x80 were made) back in 2016/17 if I’m not mistaken.

(I just like to have answers/help back when I ask for something here, cheers.)

#2049 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

It's not always a case of paying for rights. Often, you will enter into a contract that will have a start and end date. You will have that period to use the license, and a the time of expiration, the licensor and licensee can extend the contract if both parties are willing. I actually have worked with a lot of different licensors, and often they give 2 years as a standard. Each quarter, you would be responsible for reporting the royalties. Again, each contract is unique, but what I'm talking about is pretty standard stuff. Not sure what Disney charges in royalties, but the industry standard is 10-14%.

Pinside shows August 2018 as the date of this game, and chances are, the license was acquired earlier. Even if they had a 3 year contract, it's probably due, or close to it.

In my experience, if the licensor is happy with the royalties they've collected, it's super easy to get back in and extend. Some companies will even allow a shorter extension, rather than taking on another 2-3 years. I heard Disney is a b-otch to work with, but you never know.

They must be in need of having cash flow in, so doesn't make any sense why they would not reissue their most popular game again.

I'm with Medic and think we should all post on their social media and email them to express our interest. Maybe the person doing communications will wake up from their nap and start posting up something!

#2050 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

I wrote to JJP asking them to please remake POTC again. If we bombard them with letters and messages do you think it will help in making them release POTC again? Kind of like writing to you senator, but to your pinball company instead

Next send them hundreds of emails asking to reduce the prices to 4k.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
7,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts
Hardware
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
Protection
$ 49.99
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/41?hl=truthdivides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.