501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 69.
#1701 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Exactly.

JJP has zero chance of over throwing Stern at least for the foreseeable future. Sorry to be the one to let u know that but its just the way it is, again as per my previous comment above, If JJP is better then why aren't they on top. Could it be they are better to a much smaller minority of players than u can handle? thus all the horseshit. keep in mind it wouldn't matter to me if through some series of great releases they did get the upper hand. I buy what I like and never go by the manufacturer. Oh yeah.

Agree with your take. I like JJP a lot, but will never own any of their current line up based on theme. Stern kind of has a a good grip on the theme game. I'm a sucker for a good theme, but I don't know, personally, Stern hasn't impressed me much with play field. That's my person taste. If JJP starts proding 4-5 games a year with some solid themes, I think Stern will have to up their game. Lucky for me, I'm not a crazy marvel guy, so all these marvel themes don't speak to me, more money in my pocket. But judging by JJP's new location, the look ready to pump out a lot of machines. Exciting times for pinball. I would love for JJP to do Back to the Future...GREAT SCOTT!

#1702 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

If JJP is better then why aren't they on top.

They aren't better, that's why. Poor execution and management for starters. With all that investor support they still can't get it together.

I guess they are content selling Woz and Wonka games as long as they can?

Put a new game out there and compete for my $$$. Stern just got some with Avengers LE, STHLE, EHOHLE, and JPLE since JJP announced Wonka.

They apparently have demand for POTC and can't re-run it?

CGC is next for me.

DR is announcing something in a few days. Who knows what but at least it's something.

#1703 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

They need to have one model that's in the same price range as a Stern Pro. I really believe that would help.

I agree 100%

#1704 3 years ago

Well played JJP.

118790693_3680322158653020_578539958427028829_o (resized).jpg118790693_3680322158653020_578539958427028829_o (resized).jpg
#1705 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I think we found who's in charge of their marketing department.

Did you mean me ? Or the man in the video giving the tour ?

If you meant me, no. I do tech support for JJP ( and CGC ). People that have trouble with their JJP ( or CGC ) game. I try to help them. Through the company support systems, here on Pinside, and other places.

I have nothing to do with marketing.

I do get excited when we see something new like the inside of the new JJP building. Same as when Stern moved into their new building. CGC had their own assembly line going. AP's new building. Gerry's Multimorphic production.

I'd posted comments, links, and pictures. Shared in the excitement that is pinball. These are great times. In spite of everything going on. And we get to see it. Stern is up to speed. JJP and CGC are ramping up for the future. AP is moving along nicely, Hot Wheels is being well received. Multimorphic's latest game is a hit.

The end of this year, and 2021 are going to be great times for pinball. No matter which company or games you love. Something for everybody. That is pinball.

LTG : )

#1706 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I do tech support for JJP ( and CGC ).

I should probably add.

Since I have their games here in my arcade. People that are thinking of buying a game. I'll open them up, explain the inner workings. Treat them to games. And refer them to places to buy them.

#1707 3 years ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

Well played JJP.
[quoted image]

"Oh, won't you please take me home!" is a lyric from GNR's Paradise City.
Another clue for those clamoring for the next JJP.

#1708 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Meh, I was told on pinside that JJP doesn't have a marketing team. Has to be purely coincidence.

#1709 3 years ago

Three completely unsoliciated pointers for JJP.

1. Do G&R next. Show the pinball world that you're evolving out of the kiddie themes of mom jeans, ruby slippers and Wonka Bars. Show them you mean business.

2. Get into a lower price tier like Stern's Pros. Show the community you can compete with Stern at this price range. And if you really want to make your point, undercut Stern by a couple hundred dollars. That would send shockwaves.

3. Stay in touch more with your fans and buyers. In recent times, Stern has done a much better job with social media. A simple follow up about your teaser, even if it's to poke fun at yourself for being late, would do wonders. Have at least weekly posts talking about what's going or dropping hints. A little goes a long way!

#1710 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Three completely unsoliciated pointers for JJP.
1. Do G&R next. Show the pinball world that you're evolving out of the kiddie themes of mom jeans, ruby slippers and Wonka Bars. Show them you mean business.
2. Get into a lower price tier like Stern's Pros. Show the community you can compete with Stern at this price range. And if you really want to make your point, undercut Stern by a couple hundred dollars. That would send shockwaves.
3. Stay in touch more with your fans and buyers. In recent times, Stern has done a much better job with social media. A simple follow up about your teaser, even if it's to poke fun at yourself for being late, would do wonders. Have at least weekly posts talking about what's going or dropping hints. A little goes a long way!

1. They are.

2. Wonka dropped their standard pricing $1000. Well, after it had went up after Dialed In.

3. Their media awareness has gone up much, much higher than a year ago this time, sadly.

#1711 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did you mean me ? Or the man in the video giving the tour ?
If you meant me, no. I do tech support for JJP ( and CGC ). People that have trouble with their JJP ( or CGC ) game. I try to help them. Through the company support systems, here on Pinside, and other places.
I have nothing to do with marketing.
I do get excited when we see something new like the inside of the new JJP building. Same as when Stern moved into their new building. CGC had their own assembly line going. AP's new building. Gerry's Multimorphic production.
I'd posted comments, links, and pictures. Shared in the excitement that is pinball. These are great times. In spite of everything going on. And we get to see it. Stern is up to speed. JJP and CGC are ramping up for the future. AP is moving along nicely, Hot Wheels is being well received. Multimorphic's latest game is a hit.
The end of this year, and 2021 are going to be great times for pinball. No matter which company or games you love. Something for everybody. That is pinball.

Happy to see you getting positive Lloyd!

I know it’s been a tough year for people in the pinball business but it’s only gonna come back stronger!!!

Now let’s see the GNR this month

#1712 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Rumors are saying that something will happen this week. We'll see. Patience is tough when you really want to know.

What happened to this week?

#1713 3 years ago

Went to check jjp's website: pressed the red button and whalah!

Screenshot_20200904_170959_com.android.chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200904_170959_com.android.chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200904_171005_com.android.chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200904_171005_com.android.chrome (resized).jpg
#1714 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Went to check jjp's website: pressed the red button and whalah! [quoted image][quoted image]

Duh da daaaaaaaa...!

Looks like JJP was busy calling you to let you know about their new game while you were screengrabbing that!

#1715 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Went to check jjp's website: pressed the red button and whalah! [quoted image][quoted image]

Ubuntu 16.04 LTS? wow time to update

#1716 3 years ago

I’m getting a CE without even seeing it. I just feel it’s going to be fantastic.

#1717 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Agree with this comment in spades! If you want to send a message to the pinball world and to your competition, match or beat their pricing is marketing 101. It’s not good enough in today’s world to have a few more features and price pinball machines $2,000 to $3,500.00 higher, in each of the respective 3 tier offerings. Best competitor pricing and the world will become your oyster. Then watch the competition shake.

Make no mistake about it, everything comes down to pricing. Everything else is secondary. Unless you’re looking to only sell a very small number of a highly sought after collectible.

#1718 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Agree with this comment in spades! If you want to send a message to the pinball world and to your competition, match or beat their pricing is marketing 101. It’s not good enough in today’s world to have a few more features and price pinball machines $2,000 to $3,500.00 higher, in each of the respective 3 tier offerings. Best competitor pricing and the world will become your oyster. Then watch the competition shake.
Make no mistake about it, everything comes down to pricing. Everything else is secondary. Unless you’re looking to only sell a very small number of a highly sought after collectible.

Truth. Im not loaded and not pin pro or long time collector, I just want a fun pin. AP seems to have possibly hit a sweet spot at $6200 with Hotwheels. The AP team is responsive on pinside, has both the "Walk up and play fun" as well as "HOU fun" where you can get deep into the rules" and from all acounts, built really well. Its AP that Stern should keep its eye on as a serious competitor, not JJP. Unless JJP can figure out that market. Until then, its AP that can eat into Stern profits and force them to upgrade to compete.

#1719 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Truth. Im not loaded and not pin pro or long term collector, i just want something fun. AP seems to have possibly hit a sweet spot at $6200 with Hotwheels. The AP team is responsive on pinside, has both the "Walk up and play fun" as well as "HOU fun where you can get deep into the rules" and from all acounts, built really well. Its AP that Stern should keep its eye on as a serious competitor, not JJP. Unless JJP can figure out that market. Until then, its AP that can eat into Stern profits and force them to upgrade to compete.

AP needs to push out more games per year to keep up with stern. And maybe stern needs to do more unlicensed stuff.

#1720 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

AP needs to push out more games per year to keep up with stern. And maybe stern needs to do more unlicensed stuff.

Indeed. Im certainly not talking about production volume, but they have been quicker to market with 3 pins faster than any other manufacturer, besides Stern. The themes may not be everyones cup of tea, but the quality and game play is top notch, again, for a reasonable price.

#1721 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

When I saw this teaser image, it didn't click that was a line from GNR, I legit thought they were begging people to please buy a game.

#1722 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

When I saw this teaser image, it didn't click that was a line from GNR, I legit thought they were begging people to please buy a game.

I already obliged on both of those games during pandemic and WOZ. Ready for the next one. I do think the reference to working in pinball “paradise” and “oh won’t you please take me home” are references to GNR. Combine that with the wishing Slash a Happy Birthday and it seems like GNR will be next and not TS.

#1723 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Poor execution and management for starters.

I guess they are content selling Woz and Wonka games as long as they can?

Looks like you answered your own question. The key word being “selling”! Yeah, crazy management Making games that people still want and are Selling! Lol. They will never be Stern, and most honestly hope they never become Stern. If all the pinball companies become the same that is hardly good for Anyone! I rather enjoy different.

#1724 3 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

it seems like GNR will be next and not TS.

Why not both?

With the new factory they should be able to run two games at once. You have to believe that both games are done and they are well underway with games 8 & 9. Releasing two games that appeal to different segments of the market would be awesome. I can’t imagine many buyers wanting both GnR and TS.

#1725 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Why not both?
With the new factory they should be able to run two games at once. You have to believe that both games are done and they are well underway with games 8 & 9. Releasing two games that appeal to different segments of the market would be awesome. I can’t imagine many buyers wanting both GnR and TS.

It’s a good point. I am very new to the game and hobby. I could see TS doing very well if released in time for holidays. Will bring in lots of new families.

#1726 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Probably both!

#1727 3 years ago

Two of the best I’ve owned or played and I’ve owned a few thru the years!

#1728 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Why not both?

Because you’ll cannibalize your own sales. While the games will appeal to different audiences, there are still a lot of purchasers who want both but don’t have the dollars right now. You also want to spread out the buzz surrounding new releases.

Stern is capable of releasing two games at once, but they don’t for the same reasons.

#1729 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Because you’ll cannibalize your own sales. While the games will appeal to different audiences, there are still a lot of purchasers who want both but don’t have the dollars right now. You also want to spread out the buzz surrounding new releases.
Stern is capable of releasing two games at once, but they don’t for the same reasons.

Nah, they'd kill it with a double release. Their games are available for YEARS.

Sucks that gnr looks to be next though...

#1730 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Disagree. The number of buyers that will want to buy both immediately are a tiny, tiny fraction of likely sales. The buzz of two would outweigh any downside, especially if two more games can be released in 2021.

#1731 3 years ago

Release GnR now (have Slash and Eric do reveal)Release TS first week of December (have Woody and Buzz do reveal)
Merry Christmas!!!!!

#1732 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Because you’ll cannibalize your own sales.

Would they? Most everyone knows (unofficially) the next two JJP releases, if you’re only interested in GNR or TS, you’ll likely hold your money until your favourite title comes available. If you want both, you’ll buy both. Price doesn’t seem to stop Stern fanboys from buying every new release that comes out.

#1733 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Disagree. The number of buyers that will want to buy both immediately are a tiny, tiny fraction of likely sales. The buzz of two would outweigh any downside, especially if two more games can be released in 2021.

Speculating here but we know one line is currently making Wonka machines. So my thinking is .... one line will continue to make games already out and the other line will make the newest machine.

Also, WoZ continues to sell and I believe they have to license till the end of 2021 so probably will see more of them produced as well. Figure they did a run of RR that sold out and they had said that more YBR could be made next year. The YBR was "limited this year but more could be made next year".

#1734 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

my thinking is .... one line will continue to make games already out and the other line will make the newest machine.

Thats the more likely scenario but I’d love to see JJP release both games at the same time.

#1735 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Looks like you answered your own question. The key word being “selling”! Yeah, crazy management Making games that people still want and are Selling! Lol. They will never be Stern, and most honestly hope they never become Stern. If all the pinball companies become the same that is hardly good for Anyone! I rather enjoy different.

So do I. I like different pinball machines. Great games, great themes

I don’t care who makes them

And even Jack say they have “move on”

Allegedly that’s why they pulled the plug on POTC. Why aren’t they still making that game that people still want? No excuses

Let’s gear it up and fulfill the day one promise by Jack that Woz would be the low bar of games produced going forward.

To get better each time.

I’m sure that’s why they moved to Chicago. They need to hire away some Stern talent, line workers etc

Two per year has to be doable. Jack said it’s coming. Let’s see it

#1736 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Sucks that gnr looks to be next though...

Too bad for you

#1737 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Posting Spree!!

Yeah I starting having some drinks pretty early on Friday.

#1738 3 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Too bad for you

Hopefully the rumours of it not coming are true.

#1739 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’d live to see JJP release both games at the same time.

Dream on.

#1740 3 years ago

I can’t stop myself from coming here every time to see new posts, only to be disappointed.

Fwiw, I would have pulled the trigger on an avengers LE but it was sold out.

Maybe if jjp releases a pin before sterns next I might be in the market still for a good jjp title.

#1741 3 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Fwiw, I would have pulled the trigger on an avengers LE but it was sold out.

I’m thinking of a Premium and moving on with life; however I need GnR in my world. Would look great next to the DE version

#1742 3 years ago

New pic on Facebook ?
Multiple bands ??

#1743 3 years ago

Looks like a slash figure on a rolling stones pinball... nothing to get excited about ....

#1744 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

Looks like a slash figure on a rolling stones pinball... nothing to get excited about ....

Ah.. haha

#1745 3 years ago

JJP should build the snot out of GNR's in September and October, then start building Toy Story in early November for a Black Friday reveal/ship date. Get Toy Story in customers hands between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

#1746 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

JJP should build the snot out of GNR's in September and October, then start building Toy Story in early November for a Black Friday reveal/ship date. Get Toy Story in customers hands between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#1747 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Why not both?

Quoted from meSz:

Speculating here but we know one line is currently making Wonka machines. So my thinking is .... one line will continue to make games already out and the other line will make the newest machine.

I heard directly from JJP that currently there is only 1 production line at the new facility. They are transitioning from Wonka to JJP #6 currently and finalizing the details for the assembly stations. We "should" see something soon. Like maybe even Eric doing cartwheels or David Lee Roth style jumps of some sort. (Last sentence is speculation.)

#1748 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I think a win for JJP would be 6 months between games at best

#1749 3 years ago

I just can't wait until this thread actually has something to read about ; )

I feel like it's getting close. I'm pumped. JJP knock it out!

#1750 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Let's.......just get one out first.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
8,500 (OBO)
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Chaska, MN
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hazard, KY
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/35?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.