501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 69.
#1601 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Do tell us just what is the time table

Be honest. Don’t you think we would have seen gnr by now if not for Covid combined with the move. I’m excited and anxious too, but for guys to say jjp is in trouble, doomed, missed the boat, totally screwed and so on is really ridiculous. They have a billionaire owner with a passion for the business/hobby. Billionaire with a B! How exactly are they in trouble again? Do tell.

#1602 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

The liquidators are circling...

Too funny.

Quoted from adamsebas:

JJP should call it day!

And throw away all they have accomplished in the last four months ?

LTG : )

#1603 3 years ago

The same people complaining about JJP showing prototype pins in advance (and that JJP should wait until it's ready to ship before reveal) are complaining that they want to know/see what JJP has coming up soon. Keith's "Unacceptable" avatar is right on.

Rumors are saying that something will happen this week. We'll see. Patience is tough when you really want to know.

#1604 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Be honest. Don’t you think we would have seen gnr by now if not for Covid combined with the move. I’m excited and anxious too, but for guys to say jjp is in trouble, doomed, missed the boat, totally screwed and so on is really ridiculous. They have a billionaire owner with a passion for the business/hobby. Billionaire with a B! How exactly are they in trouble again? Do tell.

Apparently, the fastest way to become a millionaire is to start a pinball company, when you are a billionaire!

#1605 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Patience is tough when you really want to know.

I was a test operator for 19 years. I've learned to not get excited until it hits the floor.

Maybe this year is tougher with out shows so we can see what is new or get news on what companies are working on ?

#1606 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I was a test operator for 19 years. I've learned to not get excited until it hits the floor.
Maybe this year is tougher with out shows so we can see what is new or get news on what companies are working on ?

True, we really miss the shows and the people and talking to the pinball "celebrities" like yourself.

#1607 3 years ago

20200902_175708 (resized).jpg20200902_175708 (resized).jpg

Jeesy Jack hiding out in their bunker as Stern continues to drop bombs

#1608 3 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

[quoted image]

Is the former VP's basement big enough?

#1609 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I just dropped $10k before it hit the floor.

Based on track record purely

#1610 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

True, we really miss the shows and the people

Yes. Me too. I really miss the people.

You never know who you'll see next. New friends, old friends. Great times.

I hope we have a shot at it next year.

#1611 3 years ago

I think all of you who bought or are stating you're going to buy the newest Stern because you couldn't wait for the JJP release should write Jack a personal letter. Tell him all about it in your neatest cursive, about how you are really, really upset that his schedule does not match yours and that you would have spent a lot of money on his release, but you just couldn't wait. Tell him he's running his business into the cellar because customers like you are his bread and butter.

I'm sure he'll write'cha back...

#1612 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I think all of you who bought or are stating you're going to buy the newest Stern because you couldn't wait for the JJP release should write Jack a personal letter. Tell him all about it in your neatest cursive, about how you are really, really upset that his schedule does not match yours and that you would have spent a lot of money on his release, but you just couldn't wait. Tell him he's running his business into the cellar because customers like you are his bread and butter.
I'm sure he'll write'cha back...

Why would anyone write Jack? He doesn't own the company anymore.

#1613 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Why would anyone write Jack? He doesn't own the company anymore.

He is still an important part of it.

Give him a call.

#1614 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

He is still an important part of it.
Give him a call.

Agreed....but the buck really doesn't stop with him anymore.

#1615 3 years ago

Whatever comes out whenever it does you’ll be very happy ! I’m guessing it will be groundbreaking!They have a nice track record for breaking ground !

#1616 3 years ago

For every guy who needs to buy a pin right this instant, there is a guy who will need to buy a pin a few months from now.

#1617 3 years ago

Im not counting JJP out yet, but 2 games released by a competitor since a teaser trailer does not inspire confidence. That said, it is stern and they have their next 8 or so games lined up so there is that to consider.

#1618 3 years ago

So I certainly got caught up in the Avengers enthusiasm yesterday. Amazing ramps, cool spinning toy, interesting magnet ramp, drops, etc., Keith Elwin seems to make interesting games so I said to the family, ooh, this game looks really cool, I really like the Avengers movies (haven't read the comics yet), I know the story, maybe I should get one of these. And my wife points out, "but it's a Stern". And my son says "but isn't JJP coming out with new games like Toy Story ? - you should wait". In the house of a pinhead, it is always important to have more rational points of view.

#1619 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

my wife points out, "but it's a Stern". And my son says "but isn't JJP coming out with new games like Toy Story ? - you should wait". In the house of a pinhead, it is always important to have more rational points of view.

Two rational points of view - Informative.
Son knowledgeable about the industry - Awesome.
Wife supportive of getting a new pinball machine - Priceless.

Sounds like you should purchase Toy Story using your MasterCard ...

#1620 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

So I certainly got caught up in the Avengers enthusiasm yesterday. Amazing ramps, cool spinning toy, interesting magnet ramp, drops, etc., Keith Elwin seems to make interesting games so I said to the family, ooh, this game looks really cool, I really like the Avengers movies (haven't read the comics yet), I know the story, maybe I should get one of these. And my wife points out, "but it's a Stern". And my son says "but isn't JJP coming out with new games like Toy Story ? - you should wait". In the house of a pinhead, it is always important to have more rational points of view.

If I was about to buy a NIB pinball, even though I'd be tempted by Avengers for I think the layout and ramps look great, I'd indeed wait untill JJP announces their next. It is taking longer than expected, but I think it can't be that much longer now, and if it's not what I'd want, than it wouldn't be a big deal to buy an Avengers a month or 2 months later than now.

For both games (Avengers and Guns 'n Roses, or another theme by JJP) besides pictures and moving shots I'd want to see some full-gameplay with sounds and animations first before deciding if I'd buy it. To me Guns 'n Roses and Toy Story are way better themes than Avengers, but in the end to me it's mostly the complete package of layout, rules, sounds and animations that counts in a pinball-game.

I hope it'll be soon that JJP shows their next game.

PS: to me it seems that the 'new blood' in designers are good for the 2 biggest companies in pinball: both Keith and Eric have come up with some refreshing design(s). Good times for pinball-fans.

#1621 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

They have a billionaire owner with a passion for the business/hobby. Billionaire with a B! How exactly are they in trouble again? Do tell.

Just because a Billionaire owns the company doesn't mean he's gonna suck it up and take a loss, quite the contrary. I don't think JJP will fold anytime soon and when they do release TS or GnR as usual many nay sayers will jump all over it if its great. The issue is their methods right now, I mean give ur customers something tangible that will buy some time, If you think the Avengers pin isn't going to take profits away then ur living a dream world.

#1622 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I know the story, maybe I should get one of these. And my wife points out, "but it's a Stern". And my son says "but isn't JJP coming out with new games like Toy Story ? - you should wait". In the house of a pinhead, it is always important to have more rational points of view.

Not sure its a good thing when ur wife and child are more rational than u.

#1623 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Just because a Billionaire owns the company doesn't mean he's gonna suck it up and take a loss, quite the contrary. I don't think JJP will fold anytime soon and when they do release TS or GnR as usual many nay sayers will jump all over it if its great. The issue is their methods right now, I mean give ur customers something tangible that will buy some time, If you think the Avengers pin isn't going to take profits away then ur living a dream world.

The owner is quoted on a podcast talking about how jjp has been making money for sometime already. The factory is busy turning out wonka, do production is happening.

As far as everyone always trying to say every stern is money out of their pocket, well, they aren’t releasing 4 pins a year, so why is every new stern the “opportunity “ for jjp to release. If jjp doesn’t take advantage of the “opportunity “ during ST, tmnt, avengers, then it will be the next stern title that has to deal with it. What’s the difference? If jjp puts out a quality product that people want, it won’t matter what game stern has or what time it’s released as long as factory is staying busy.

#1624 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

The owner is quoted on a podcast talking about how jjp has been making money for sometime already. The factory is busy turning out wonka, do production is happening.
As far as everyone always trying to say every stern is money out of their pocket, well, they aren’t releasing 4 pins a year, so why is every new stern the “opportunity “ for jjp to release. If jjp doesn’t take advantage of the “opportunity “ during ST, tmnt, avengers, then it will be the next stern title that has to deal with it. What’s the difference? If jjp puts out a quality product that people want, it won’t matter what game stern has or what time it’s released as long as factory is staying busy.

The factory being busy has nothing to do with JJP making money. Those Wonka they’re building - they have to actually be bought by people to make a difference and if you think Wonka’s are flying off the shelf, I have a bridge I can sell you too!

I want to know what the marketing department that JJP invested in has been doing all this time besides release a hyper trailer about innovation only to do absolutely nothing since.

Time to wake up JJP and get back in this game. I am a huge GnR fan and want to support the company. Let’s go.

#1625 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I think somehow when someone writes something like that, he's somewhat hoping that if someone at JJP reads it, JJP will think 'he's right, let's show them some pics of our upcoming game!'

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1626 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The factory being busy has nothing to do with JJP making money. Those Wonka they’re building - they have to actually be bought by people to make a difference and if you think Wonka’s are flying off the shelf, I have a bridge I can sell you too!

Correct about the wonka. However if you actually listen to the owner, he clearly states that the business has been profitable for sometime now. Pretty sure jjp is doing just fine and obviously doesn’t feel the need to rush out the next game just because a bunch of Pinside outsiders are all knowing of their business. If the wonkas weren’t selling, they would have quickly changed up to the next game.

#1627 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Correct about the wonka. However if you actually listen to the owner, he clearly states that the business has been profitable for sometime now. Pretty sure jjp is doing just fine and obviously doesn’t feel the need to rush out the next game just because a bunch of Pinside outsiders are all knowing of their business. If the wonkas weren’t selling, they would have quickly changed up to the next game.

The owner said they’re doing well? Really?

Of course the owner is going to say that. In fact he should be fired if he didn’t. This isn’t a public company where they need to report to the SEC. What else is he going to say?

As for wonka’s being made, they have parts that need to be put together but more importantly people that need to be trained. Talk to any distributor - wonka’s are not in high demand. Not even close. Although it’s kind of refreshing to actually think people could conclude JJP’s is doing really well and wonka’s are flying off the shelf.

#1628 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Of course the owner is going to say that. In fact he should be fired if he didn’t. This isn’t a public company where they need to report to the SEC. What else is he going to say?
As for wonka’s being made, they have parts that need to be put together but more importantly people that need to be trained. Talk to any distributor - wonka’s are not in high demand. Not even close. Although it’s kind of refreshing to actually think people could conclude JJP’s is doing really well and wonka’s are flying off the shelf.

I don't think it is public, couldn't find a ticker for it. I think it is privately owned so they can lose as much money as they want, no shareholders at risk.

#1629 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I never said “really well”. I said profitable. Listen to him on the jjp podcast for yourself. As for wonkas not in high demand, probably true, but again if there was a huge problem not selling games, they would have sped up the release of gnr. Outsiders don’t know anything.

#1630 3 years ago

Honestly American Pinball has put out a game Stern has put out two. There is no reason that the designing of the games to have ever stoped and JJP has posted pic's of games on the line on their FB pg. So to be honest at this point corona is no longer an excuse.

#1631 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Lol do you really think they would say anything different on a conpany podcast that is for hyping their products

#1632 3 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

I don't think it is public, couldn't find a ticker for it. I think it is privately owned so they can lose as much money as they want, no shareholders at risk.

correct - which is why I mentioned JJP isn't a public company. More importantly they can misrepresent how "well" they're doing which is why you're only going to hear positive feedback. You still have a pinsider suggesting to listen to JJP on a podcast to prove his point. It's surprising how gullible some people are. I heard it on a podcast by the company!!!! It must be true. Haha.

bottom line, billionaire (thankfully) is here to keep this company afloat but they need to get back in the game to be a player. Good news is they have great IPs ready to go - one, which I'll likely buy (GnR!).

#1633 3 years ago

I just bought a Wonka and I love it....All you Wonka haters

I'm anxious to see their next game. I hope it's ToyStory. A GnR theme has a negative effect on me.

#1634 3 years ago

A G&R theme would make a bold statement from JJP that they are evolving.

I love Toy Story movies, but as a theme it's just more of the same from them.

#1635 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

A G&R theme would make a bold statement from JJP that they are evolving.
I love Toy Story movies, but as a theme it's just more of the same from them.

This x1000. I've got $$ burning a hole in my pocket and would love GNR. I want to see what they can do with a rock pin. Otherwise, it is time to take on Thanos.

#1636 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I want to know what the marketing department that JJP invested in has been doing all this time besides release a hyper trailer about innovation only to do absolutely nothing since.
Time to wake up JJP and get back in this game. I am a huge GnR fan and want to support the company. Let’s go.

Where’s the evidence on Wonka not selling well?

#1638 3 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Where’s the evidence on Wonka not selling well?

I can't believe they are making pins to warehouse.

#1639 3 years ago
Quoted from JellyNeck:

It's an unjustly maligned game by some. We still play ours every single day.

#1640 3 years ago
Quoted from JellyNeck:

But, but, but they said there isn’t any demand for wonka?!?

Glad all the Pinside gurus have better business sense than the Billionaire owners.

Ridiculous accusations and jumping to conclusions on this site. LMAO

#1641 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Ridiculous accusations and jumping to conclusions on this site. LMAO

Just finding this out now?

#1642 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just finding this out now?

Lol No, but it’s insanity. Lmao
Makes me wonder how these billionaire owners ever had any success without these Pinside brain trust groups knowing and sharing exactly what the next move should always be for these business owners . SMH

#1643 3 years ago

I just assumed every successful business in the country has a morning meeting that includes thumbing thru pinside for easy ways to print monies.

#1644 3 years ago

GnR has to be on the shelf for obvious reasons and TS5 has not been announced but there was rumors it would have come out in 2021 .That being said Id bet they had a game in between these 2 going and that is the game that we will see next .Just a good old fashioned guess .

#1645 3 years ago

Axl doesn't want a fat version of himself on the game, so he is invoking a major workout program.

#1646 3 years ago

Any chance they might make more potc anytime soon?

#1647 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Axl doesn't want a fat version of himself on the game, so he is invoking a major workout program.

Now you are talking. Fat Axl rises from below playfield like witch in WOZ!

#1648 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Any chance they might make more potc anytime soon?

I think that ship has sailed (pun intended). Everything I'm hearing about the expiration of rights, the cost of re-running (reproducing), and the sour taste JJP has over all the problems and criticism they had with the original roll out leads me to believe the company intends to move on from this game. But I could be wrong.

#1649 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

GnR has to be on the shelf for obvious reasons and TS5 has not been announced but there was rumors it would have come out in 2021 .That being said Id bet they had a game in between these 2 going and that is the game that we will see next .Just a good old fashioned guess .

In no reality is a Toy Story 5 coming out in 2021. These things take years to make, even after they get the green light. Heck, the was about a decade in-between 2 and 3 and 3 and 4.

#1650 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

For every guy who needs to buy a pin right this instant, there is a guy who will need to buy a pin a few months from now.

Why not try to sell to both?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 11,000.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/33?hl=viperjelly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.