501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 69.
#1501 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

One day later:

Didn't say I didn't enjoy it. This is what keeps me coming back to this thread. I might disagree with romulous but thank sweet innocent baby jesus for him, and Skye and Panzer. This site would be so fuckin boring for me without them, I can't even fathom it.

#1502 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Its not a question cause I don't care about JJP or Stern. I bash Stern when they deserve it also. Stern makes themes, very few mind u but still ones i like and JJP does not. Thats the only reason I don't own a JJP game. Good day to u sir.
I said good day.

Oh ok I’m just gonna go home now.

#1503 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I just don’t get JJP. Jack keeps popping out the Woz editions, yellow version money grabber. Although who would buy it?

There is a huge market for Wizard Of Oz stuff. Way beyond pinball fans. They are probably still buying the game.

The first Summer when JJP started and hadn't built a game yet. People seeing me and my location on the WOZ forum, stopped in on their travels around the country to WOZ shows and conventions. They didn't know what pinball was, but being it had WOZ on it, they bought one. And wanted to see what a pinball machine was.

Wasn't just a few either. There were a lot of them. Majority retired and traveling, but young ones too. I didn't realize that Wizard Of Oz had a following like KISS.

JJP may keep making WOZ well into the future with a market like that.

LTG : )

#1504 3 years ago

If I’m informed correctly, WOZ and Hobbit had a lot of electronics in the cabinet which moved to the backbox with DI. Is this still the case with the newer WOZ games?

#1505 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

If I’m informed correctly, WOZ and Hobbit had a lot of electronics in the cabinet which moved to the backbox with DI. Is this still the case with the newer WOZ games?

Yes.

LTG : )

#1506 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Oh ok I’m just gonna go home now.

Good.

#1507 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

This shit happens all the time,folks come in acting so concerned and pissed off and then you see their collection of Stern pins!I don’t get it,I have some JJP pins but I don’t feel the need to bash Stern.

Haven't bought a cracker Jack box pinball machine from Stern in ages...their quality has become garbage, the sterns I own are just there in my game room, at some point I'll dump them when a new manufacturer is worthy of my valuable real estate space in my game room ...hahaha

#1508 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

don’t get JJP. Jack keeps popping out the Woz editions, yellow version money grabber.

Ice, let me throw this out there.
(Disclaimer: I have no knowledge on JJP business nor do I have a neighbor that knows a cousin's sister's boyfriend that works across the street from JJP! IN short, this post is a question/speculation)

Does anyone wonder at this point if Jack is making the decision at JJP? Reason I ask this is with JJP moving to IL and Jack and Jenn being the only ones not to go I wonder if Jack is more of a consultant at this point. This is often the case when a company is either bought out or receives an influx of cash from investors. The person, in this case Jack, agrees to stay on for a number if years and then take a buyout.

Hopefully this is not the case as I feel Jack brings a a lot of enthusiasm to pinball and I look forward to the next release, whatever it is!

#1509 3 years ago

Jack better be around ! He is Jersey Jack and always will be !!Let them do they’re thing, all they’ve done is point pinball in a new exciting direction with inovation and hit after hit putting pressure on Stern like they’ve probably never seen before which is a good thing .Does it really matter what the next theme is ? Does it really matter when it is ? Obviously they’re not entrenched yet with the move and Covid but rest be sure they are here to stay !!! I wasn’t in this hobby until last March but have read a lot about the history of it and with help from people like LTG and Yelobird have grown comfortable digging in under the glass which has become 1/2 the fun .Bottom line is any Pinhead should be doing backflips on what’s going on with all the choices in manufactures and the new variety available .The sky is the limit right now .Look at me I’m just a average Joe middle class guy who is spending my days off working side gigs to purchase these because it has pulled my family from corners of our house to meet downstairs ,turn lights off ,and play pinball !! Last thing I hope all the people running arcades n pin bars get back on track as soon as possible .Your the ones who are going to take this to the next level ! Thanks to all for doing what you do best to all!!

#1510 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Ice, let me throw this out there.
(Disclaimer: I have no knowledge on JJP business nor do I have a neighbor that knows a cousin's sister's boyfriend that works across the street from JJP! IN short, this post is a question/speculation)
Does anyone wonder at this point if Jack is making the decision at JJP? Reason I ask this is with JJP moving to IL and Jack and Jenn being the only ones not to go I wonder if Jack is more of a consultant at this point. This is often the case when a company is either bought out or receives an influx of cash from investors. The person, in this case Jack, agrees to stay on for a number if years and then take a buyout.
Hopefully this is not the case as I feel Jack brings a a lot of enthusiasm to pinball and I look forward to the next release, whatever it is!

I am pretty sure Jack is a powerless figurehead at this point.

#1511 3 years ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

Fair enough and that's okay... but some of us would like a smaller screen with a kick ass back glass with beautiful artwork as well... get my drift Frisco?

Your game collection doesn't have the rule set deep enough to facilitate such screens. Soni get why you're confused.

#1512 3 years ago

What is preventing JJP from doing a few reruns of WOZ, Hobbit and POTCE? Seems like people really enjoy the games. I’m sure that they would sell too. I get that it makes sense to move on to the next, but it seems as though there is still a market for at least WOZ and POTC.

#1513 3 years ago

No profit in potc

#1514 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

No profit in potc

In business, there's a pretty simple solution to that...you raise the price. The reason that was a problem before is because in addition to no profit, there was also little demand. At this point the demand is clearly there and people will pay.

#1515 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

In business, there's a pretty simple solution to that...you raise the price. The reason that was a problem before is because in addition to no profit, there was also little demand. At this point the demand is clearly there and people will pay.

Warning warning. Car analogy incoming!

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/02/bmw-507-nearly-bankrupted-the-brand-now-sells-for-millions.html?&qsearchterm=sports%20car

#1516 3 years ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

Haven't bought a cracker Jack box pinball machine from Stern in ages...their quality has become garbage, the sterns I own are just there in my game room, at some point I'll dump them when a new manufacturer is worthy of my valuable real estate space in my game room ...hahaha

Being that you have not bought a NIB in 6 years I don't think any manufacuare is sweating that

#1517 3 years ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

So, I'm confused.

You're out on JJP because you hate their giant screens and you have impossible asset demands.
You're out on Stern.

What exactly DO you buy? Is your collection CGC and Spooky games?

#1518 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

No Yellow Brick Road all the Electronics is in the Headbox

#1519 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

No Yellow Brick Road all the Electronics is in the Headbox

Newer RR’s are in the headbox also.

#1520 3 years ago

If I remember correctly Pat Lawler and team redesigned everything with Dialed In

#1521 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

If I remember correctly Pat Lawler and team redesigned everything with Dialed In

right, and I was just asking if they kept WOZ the way it was or if they redid it like DI.

#1522 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

right, and I was just asking if they kept WOZ the way it was or if they redid it like DI.

WOZ YBR is confirmed to have the new tech with PC in the backbox.

#1523 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Your game collection doesn't have the rule set deep enough to facilitate such screens. Soni get why you're confused.

He has a few games that are deep. Just because a game has a smaller screen doesn't mean it isn't deep. When does everyone have time while actively playing to decipher all the information on a JJP game screen? I would prefer the information be on the playfield where I can see it. I'd argue that there are redundancies with what is shown on screen and what is lit on the playfield. I do really enjoy the animations during periods of paused gameplay though (ie intro to multiball and modes...announcement of special achievement like extra ball)

#1524 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Newer RR’s are in the headbox also.

Do newer RR's have the monkey mech? Have they built more WoZ's (RR) since the yellow brick road version? Just curious if that was taken out for all versions moving forward, or just the yellow brick road edition.

#1525 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

So, I'm confused.

You're not confused Frisco, you're just trying to start up some type of war of words and head games... that game is getting old and very predictable.

Very simple and without Lib...L spin and of course my opinion:

JJP: Giant screen needs to get pulled out.
JJP: Original actor voices on Licensed title or don't Bother manufacturing it.

Stern: Needs to up their quality big time, very all around poor quality... they are awful.
Stern: Original actor voices on Licensed titles or don't Bother manufacturing it.
Stern: Stop shrinking your tables, they are not chocolate bars!

UNKNOWN PINBALL: Be a great manufacturer, up your game all the way and don't stop short like JJP and Stern, and you will take my money 100% like a huge number of collectors who are just in the sidelines like me!

#1526 3 years ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

You're not confused Frisco

Please don't call me that.

#1527 3 years ago

Never tell people what you don't like to be called, Frisco.

#1528 3 years ago

What the hell is it with these Canadians,I thought they were all happy open minded people?

#1529 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Koko (resized).jpgKoko (resized).jpg

#1530 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What the hell is it with these Canadians,I thought they were all happy open minded people?

We are but open minded doesn't mean we will agree with everything someone says.

#1532 3 years ago

Who exactly r u referring to, and what does it have to do with Pinball? Let alone Canadians

#1533 3 years ago

can we at least agree that Canadians like small screens?

#1535 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Frisco, Fredo all the same to me ..."It will be ok" or if you prefer french..."ca vas bien aller"

#1536 3 years ago

This aggression against Canada will not stand! Nah, it's fine, you guys do you, I don't really care one way or another.

#1537 3 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Do newer RR's have the monkey mech? Have they built more WoZ's (RR) since the yellow brick road version? Just curious if that was taken out for all versions moving forward, or just the yellow brick road edition.

Yes, the newer RR’s have everything, including the monkey and then some. Just take a look at the web page at JJP. Everything was moved to the backbox and they have the 2.0 lights.

They did a small run last fall. I would bet they will do another run some time in the future. It is a popular seller.

As far as I know, the YBR version is the only one without the monkey.

I love my RR, so it is not leaving. Especially with gouveia ’s mods.

#1538 3 years ago

Yes.

#1539 3 years ago

Let’s see some more RR WOZ machines produced by JJP!!

#1540 3 years ago

GnR heading to Australia? That's been the news for a while, but a controversial podcaster says they have been on the boat for weeks (remember JJP photo of Eric and boxes?). In a thread yesterday it was mentioned Toy Story is not the next out by another podcaster. Maybe it's time ... time for GnFnR!

#1541 3 years ago

Dos Friscos?!?

#1542 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

GnR heading to Australia? That's been the news for a while, but a controversial podcaster says they have been on the boat for weeks (remember JJP photo of Eric and boxes?). In a thread yesterday it was mentioned Toy Story is not the next out by another podcaster. Maybe it's time ... time for GnFnR!

lol. Okay didn't know podcasters had access to cargo information on boats now. Interesting.

#1543 3 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

This is everything wrong with the state of politics right now.. Categorizing people over politics. And before you post that I am a liberal..I am apolitical. I don't believe either party gives a rats ass about me.
Your post makes as much sense as standing up in a crowded room and yelling I LIKE TOMATOES.

Do you though?

#1544 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

lol. Okay didn't know podcasters had access to cargo information on boats now. Interesting.

Exactly.

#1545 3 years ago

3 months and over 1500 posts later there is absolutely nothing new. This is embarrassing for them and could not have been the original plan.

Just throw some generic random video out there and then do nothing, not great.

Love their machines but really question the thought process here.

#1546 3 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

3 months and over 1500 posts later there is absolutely nothing new. This is embarrassing for them and could not have been the original plan...

I hold them accountable for a lot but not for 1500 posts of nonsense and bitterness.

#1547 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I hold them accountable for a lot but not for 1500 posts of nonsense and bitterness.

Haha, fair enough.

#1548 3 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

3 months and over 1500 posts later there is absolutely nothing new. This is embarrassing for them and could not have been the original plan.
Just throw some generic random video out there and then do nothing, not great.
Love their machines but really question the thought process here.

Yah 3 months ago, if you release a teaser like that, you should have something already done or close to done. The smart thing for JJP to do is at least release some sort of other teaser to keep people interested. Going silent for 3 months was a huge mistake. Don't really know what they were thinking over there at JJP. They should do a trailer or teaser or title coming soon. Keeping people on the edge of their seat like this for 3 months makes people just get off their seat and it leaves a bad taste in their mouth. Hard to follow them on social media when they play games like that.

#1549 3 years ago

They should put out a trailer of Alex Rose singing "You've got a friend in me" to keep everyone guessing.

#1550 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

They should put out a trailer of Alex Rose singing "You've got a friend in me" to keep everyone guessing.

Alex Rose and Splash! Pistols 'N Flowers

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,500 (OBO)
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11,000.00
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/31?hl=chetrico and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.