501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 69.
#1451 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You need to realize what an unreasonable request this is.

as a manufacturer ...then pass on the title or this is will be the results (a none customer) and I know for a fact I'm not the only one who thinks this way, like it or not these are the facts!

#1452 3 years ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

How's the sarcasm... ok then with all your talent you can remove the giant screen tvs for me!

Some of us love the giant screens.

#1453 3 years ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

as a manufacturer ...then pass on the title or this is will be the results (a none customer) and I know for a fact I'm not the only one who thinks this way, like it or not these are the facts!

There are Far less with your opinion that’s for certain.

#1454 3 years ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

Perhaps this one is more your speed, the screen is microscopic:

https://sternpinball.com/affordable-home-game/star-wars-pin/

StarWarsELG-Detail-27-1367x2048.jpgStarWarsELG-Detail-27-1367x2048.jpg

#1455 3 years ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

How's the sarcasm... ok then with all your talent you can remove the giant screen tvs for me!

Wasn't sarcasm.

You wanted JJP games to have the real actors voices in them. I pointed out four of them that did. In case you didn't know.

I didn't quote your dislike for the big screen, because they all have that.

LTG : )

#1456 3 years ago

I hear from a source close to JJP that PTC might be the next game!

#1457 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Reason Pirates stopped production was because it cost to much to produce, and there was a ton of problems with them.

#1458 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

PTC is not POTC. And I was rather hoping for a remake - PTCR !

LTG : )
Disclaimer : Not to cause undo confusion.

#1459 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

It wasn't direct competition for best artwork, but the resurgence in pinball started around 2012-2013 and new competition entered the market for the first time to meet the demand for new games. Though not all delivered in the long run, JJP, Skit B, Zidware and Spooky all arrived on the scene around this time and I think Stern really upped their game around this time, as well. Part of that was an improvement to artwork and printing quality. You can argue that they just did this to deliver a better product to the consumer because sales were up, I guess.

Am I missing something? Metallica (2013), GOT (2015).

No I just made the comment by memory I did not mean to get people panties in a bunch

#1460 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

No GOT was the first with hand drawn art and everyone hated it lol

2015 Game of Thrones
2013 Metallica

Ok man.

#1461 3 years ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

Ok so take this with a grain of salt, but I has 2 separate people that I'm friends with (I consider them both "in the know") send me a leaked picture of the new JJP backglass....[quoted image]

Let me guess, cowboys and astronauts piss you off!

#1462 3 years ago

I was once in a cowboy outfit and took a piss on an astronaut. I was four at the time.

#1463 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

don't know if the toy story game is real or not, but it's a horrible theme for a game. it's a child's movie, for children 5-7 years old. they don't buy pinball. i don't get that at all. no way more folks would want a toy story game over a guns and roses.

For crying out loud, when will people stop calling all animated films baby movies? There are *tons* of animated films out there that are meant just as much for adults as they are for kids. GASP! Can you believe it, the two aren't mutually exclusive! Toy Story, Ratatouille, Monsters Inc., The Incredibles, Tangled, How to Train Your Dragon, Kung Fu Panda, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Chicken Run- Just a small selection of incredible animated films that adults enjoy just as much as - if not more than - kids. Thankfully it seems like most people on Pinside understand this, but some like you still blindly label all animated films as baby movies and that's what I don't get.

#1464 3 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

For crying out loud, when will people stop calling all animated films baby movies?

The same time they start adjusting for inflation when touting the " #1 movie of all time"

#1465 3 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

For crying out loud, when will people stop calling all animated films baby movies? There are *tons* of animated films out there that are meant just as much for adults as they are for kids. GASP! Can you believe it, the two aren't mutually exclusive! Toy Story, Ratatouille, Monsters Inc., The Incredibles, Tangled, How to Train Your Dragon, Kung Fu Panda, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Chicken Run- Just a small selection of incredible animated films that adults enjoy just as much as - if not more than - kids. Thankfully it seems like most people on Pinside understand this, but some like you still blindly label all animated films as baby movies and that's what I don't get.

If a Spirited Away (Miyazaki) pin isn’t made by the time I retire, I’m making a home brew version.

#1466 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

This is revisionist history at best. There is development time with all games. Attributing the success of those game to pressure from JJP is preposterous. I don't know how WOZ prompted Stern to do hand drawn artwork. WOZ is just a photoshop cut and paste job.

Jack pushed back at Stern and was the only reason Stern started to up their game.Gary had no reason to improve anything on his games because no one threaten him or should I say his monopoly in the industry.Jack was one of his biggest distributors and he saw the future of better games and went for it.Stern would still be pushing out average games but Gary new his monopoly had to come to a end someday and guys like Jack gave Gary the nudge he needed to do more.He still to this day is the best pinball manufacture on the plaint and he deserves it,But Jack deserves all the credit for changing the industry and bringing innovation to the table.Their is no one who can honestly say any stern game prior to WOZ even compares to cool toys, better screen, theme integration and innovation.

#1467 3 years ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

Jack pushed back at Stern and was the only reason Stern started to up their game.Gary had no reason to improve anything on his games because no one threaten him or should I say his monopoly in the industry.Jack was one of his biggest distributors and he saw the future of better games and went for it.Stern would still be pushing out average games but Gary new his monopoly had to come to a end someday and guys like Jack gave Gary the nudge he needed to do more.He still to this day is the best pinball manufacture on the plaint and he deserves it,But Jack deserves all the credit for changing the industry and bringing innovation to the table.Their is no one who can honestly say any stern game prior to WOZ even compares to cool toys, better screen, theme integration and innovation.

Well said! Whilst I love JJP games as well as Stern games. If it weren't for Jack we would've seen a lot more RS and BBH machines. Not to mention we would still be looking at an orange Dot Matrix screen.

#1468 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Well said! Whilst I love JJP games as well as Stern games. If it weren't for Jack we would've seen a lot more RS and BBH machines. Not to mention we would still be looking at an orange Dot Matrix screen.

You're not giving Stern any credit. They would have advanced to white LEDs with a momocrome colored gel screen even without JJP.

#1469 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

You're not giving Stern any credit. They would have advanced to white LEDs with a momocrome colored gel screen even without JJP.

Wasn't looking to knock Stern but one has to think, if you have no competition, why would you put more into a product! You can't blame them. Stern put out some great games and they continue too. Do they have some duds, HELL YEAH! I guess the good news out of this is ...... there's several manufactures producing games now and options are always good.

The one downfall to JJP coming along is .... I feel it caused the dramatic price increase in new machines. After the success of WoZ and the demand for it once Jack raised the pricing Stern saw this and followed suit without really adding more to their games. People still bought them up and the Pro, LE, Premium, CE, Standard models were established. And to JJP's discredit they took the Limited Edition to a new level with the Limited Emerald, Ruby Red, Yellow versions.

Again, good to have so many selections to bitch about! Beer is kicking in .... Im done!

#1470 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Wasn't looking to knock Stern but one has to think, if you have no competition, why would you put more into a product! You can't blame them. Stern put out some great games and they continue too. Do they have some duds, HELL YEAH! I guess the good news out of this is ...... there's several manufactures producing games now and options are always good.
The one downfall to JJP coming along is .... I feel it caused the dramatic price increase in new machines. After the success of WoZ and the demand for it once Jack raised the pricing Stern saw this and followed suit without really adding more to their games. People still bought them up and the Pro, LE, Premium, CE, Standard models were established. And to JJP's discredit they took the Limited Edition to a new level with the Limited Emerald, Ruby Red, Yellow versions.
Again, good to have so many selections to bitch about! Beer is kicking in .... Im done!

I was joking....like going from orange plasma to LEDs was some great leap.

#1471 3 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

What's with Hentai?

Oh wait, that's baby (making) movies.

#1472 3 years ago

Stern have yet another game out.

Time for another JJP teaser?

#1473 3 years ago

Stern this without JJP and JJP that without Stern is all crap but I will say I wouldn't be on pinside if it was only Stern or JJP. The JJP vs Stern fanboy and every moderate take in between is what makes this site fun and engaging. Otherwise is just fanboys sucking each others dicks and that can be tedious and quite disturbing in the literal sense. Look at this thread, how many posts over a 1 min long teaser almost a year old. I love it.

#1474 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Look at this thread, how many posts over a 1 min long teaser almost a year old. I love it.

A year old? Does Pinside calculate in dog years now? Seems like only 3 months.

#1475 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:A year old? Does Pinside calculate in dog years now? Seems like only 3 months.

Oh yeah. I though I had read it will a be year in Oct. I guess it was a different thread. Maybe that's when they announced GnR? 3 months is still 2 long.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1476 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

And that’s just Stern. Don’t forget Alice Cooper.

Or Rob Zombie...

#1477 3 years ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

.Their is no one who can honestly say any stern game prior to WOZ even compares to cool toys, better screen, theme integration and innovation.

The crystal ball was verry cool as was the flying monkey having two upper playfields A+ but is a single game the cost of a game went up by neer %100. Although the JJP prices have remained high JJP has cut cost they even removed one of there coolist toys they have made the flying monkie. Yes Stern has made cool toys the ship on the Stern POTC is just what pinball needs well designed easy to fix and a very cool function

#1478 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Oh yeah. I though I had read it will a be year in Oct. I guess it was a different thread. Maybe that's when they announced GnR? 3 months is still 2 long.

Technically they never announced Or acknowledged any title that was just a typical Pinside assumption announcement lol. Technically they are not late for anything.

#1479 3 years ago

Stern announces another big title, and JJP is selling imperfect playfields and plastics.

This just bizarre to me. POTC is on everyone's wishlist.

Why not put the game back on the line, get people excited about JJP again, and then finish of GNR or TS or whatever game they have coming next.

This radio silence has to be benefitting Stern tremendously.

It's ashame, because anyone who has owned a JJP knows their is so much more quality and thought in these games, and who doesn't want to rout for the underdog!

Come on Jack!

#1480 3 years ago

Seemingly many changes for JJP, new factory, investors and staff. Perhaps they are lining up to quicken the pace and release of new games?
Only time will tell
Currently the silence is deafening and not working to their advantage.
Here is hoping for the best
Very trying times to go through a major change

#1481 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Stern announces another big title, and JJP is selling imperfect playfields and plastics.
This just bizarre to me. POTC is on everyone's wishlist.
Why not put the game back on the line, get people excited about JJP again, and then finish of GNR or TS or whatever game they have coming next.
This radio silence has to be benefitting Stern tremendously.
It's ashame, because anyone who has owned a JJP knows their is so much more quality and thought in these games, and who doesn't want to rout for the underdog!
Come on Jack!

Just thinking same!

Oh, I have an email from JJP.

Must be the new game.

No, it's old stuff lying around the factory they want shot of!

#1482 3 years ago

Off topic but this whole thread is a derailment and there's a lot of JJP knowledge here.

My biggest frustration with JJP is finding machines to play on location. From the little time I've had with their games I can see the love but even here in Pinball crazy Portland there might be a total of 10 of all their games on location, and that's spotty at best.

Is the lack of routed games secondary to rarity of machines, difficulty maintaining machines, or that they don't generate well on location because of perceived complexity to the casual player?

Not a GNR or TS fan so those wouldn't be for me but following along because I'd definitely be in for a POTC remake in any form

#1483 3 years ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

Off topic but this whole thread is a derailment and there's a lot of JJP knowledge here.
My biggest frustration with JJP is finding machines to play on location. From the little time I've had with their games I can see the love but even here in Pinball crazy Portland there might be a total of 10 of all their games on location, and that's spotty at best.
Is the lack of routed games secondary to rarity of machines, difficulty maintaining machines, or that they don't generate well on location because of perceived complexity to the casual player?
Not a GNR or TS fan so those wouldn't be for me but following along because I'd definitely be in for a POTC remake in any form

Route operators tend to not buy/route 10k games. They can do 2 Sterns for roughly the same cost and generate revenue faster which is why they do it. Hence the reason you don’t see lines of LE games on route. No return.

#1484 3 years ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

Regarding about woz comment, Woz lightshow blew me away but i think a game like LOTR is way better. But it is only my opinion.

#1485 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Just thinking same!
Oh, I have an email from JJP.
Must be the new game.
No, it's old stuff lying around the factory they want shot of!

Selling off parts because those pins will never be rerun again.

#1486 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Selling off parts because those pins will never be rerun again.

I’m pissed I missed the Wonka playfields, it would have made a great wall hanger!

#1487 3 years ago

I just don’t get JJP. Jack keeps popping out the Woz editions, yellow version money grabber. Although who would buy it?

Get the release cadence moving!!!!

Everybody else is. It seems like very poor execution on their part

Actually it’s not “seems like” it is bad, all the way back to pre Hobbit

Maybe they just don’t care about losing money?

I guess that’s why no more POTC? If you executed better and got your cost per unit down you could re run it and make big money!

#1488 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I just don’t get JJP. Jack keeps popping out the Woz editions, yellow version money grabber. Although who would buy it?
Get the release cadence moving!!!!
Everybody else is. It seems like very poor execution on their part
Actually it’s not “seems like” it is bad, all the way back to pre Hobbit
Maybe they just don’t care about losing money?
I guess that’s why no more POTC? If you executed better and got your cost per unit down you could re run it and make big money!

Ice I’m hoping next month will be some sort of reveal and release. Does not matter if it’s GNR or TS. Just something. If they don’t show or release something, I will be forced to buy another pin from Spooky or American.

#1489 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Who knows. Maybe we Pinsiders just don’t understand the pinball market as well as we think we do.

#1490 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Some of us love the giant screens.

Fair enough and that's okay... but some of us would like a smaller screen with a kick ass back glass with beautiful artwork as well... get my drift Frisco?

#1491 3 years ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

Fair enough and that's okay... but some of us would like a smaller screen with a kick ass back glass with beautiful artwork as well... get my drift Frisco?

Based on your collection, you don’t have to worry about it!

#1492 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Based on your collection, you don’t have to worry about it!

This shit happens all the time,folks come in acting so concerned and pissed off and then you see their collection of Stern pins!I don’t get it,I have some JJP pins but I don’t feel the need to bash Stern.

#1493 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

This shit happens all the time,folks come in acting so concerned and pissed off and then you see their collection of Stern pins!I don’t get it,I have some JJP pins but I don’t feel the need to bash Stern.

It’s a very simple way of them trashing JJP. In a small settle way. But we all see it.

#1494 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I don’t feel the need to bash Stern.

I can'e believe u said that and then Skyemont agree's

jesus_laughable (resized).jpgjesus_laughable (resized).jpg
#1495 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I can'e believe u said that and then Skyemont agree's[quoted image]

It’s laughable,because you and a few well known others continue to do it.I don’t understand why you do it,does Stern give you a discount on their games?

#1496 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

It’s laughable,because you and a few well known others continue to do it.I don’t understand why you do it,does Stern give you a discount on their games?

That's what I expected. Its laughable cause u and Skye both have some serious Stern hate, I don't give a shit about Stern. I'll buy whatever appeals to me. U guys on the other hand police JJP threads like ur part owners of the company in disguise. Boring and tedious to say the least.

#1497 3 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

For crying out loud, when will people stop calling all animated films baby movies?

This is non baby animation.

Toy Story?

#1498 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That's what I expected. I don't give a shit about Stern. I'll buy whatever appeals to me. U guys on the other hand police JJP threads like ur part owners of the company in disguise. Boring and tedious to say the least.

You avoid the ?Why do you do it?

#1499 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You avoid the ?

Its not a question cause I don't care about JJP or Stern. I bash Stern when they deserve it also. Stern makes themes, very few mind u but still ones i like and JJP does not. Thats the only reason I don't own a JJP game. Good day to u sir.
I said good day.

#1500 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The JJP vs Stern fanboy and every moderate take in between is what makes this site fun and engaging. Otherwise is just fanboys sucking each others dicks and that can be tedious and quite disturbing in the literal sense. Look at this thread, how many posts over a 1 min long teaser almost a year old. I love it.

One day later:

Quoted from Hazoff:

U guys on the other hand police JJP threads like ur part owners of the company in disguise. Boring and tedious to say the least.

Life comes at you fast.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

12,060 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
7,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/30?hl=crumbalimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.