501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 69.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Ah the JJP one man police force has spoken. Not allowed to critique in a JJP thread.

FDB30412-9F30-49D7-A59D-FAB77CEF95A1 (resized).jpegFDB30412-9F30-49D7-A59D-FAB77CEF95A1 (resized).jpeg
#52 3 years ago

This is like the worst teaser ever. Provides zero info other than “something” is coming. Who didn’t already know that? Oye. JJP I love you but you’re killin me lol. :/

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

What a great time for pinball though. I think everyone knows I’m big into tmnt and I absolutely love GnR. I’m getting both haha

Rick and Morty too.

Three different companies with different platforms different feel.

My last 4 games were JJP (DI), CGC (AFM), Spooky (TNA) and Stern (SW premium) happy with all the different choices we have.

#55 3 years ago

Well .... they got my attention regardless

Marketing 101

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Are they really in bankruptcy!?!

No. Who said they were? Do you just randomly make wild accusations about everything or just this?

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

No. Who said they were? Do you just randomly make wild accusations about everything or just this?

He was responding to luckymoey who brought up bankruptcy two posts before his.

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

No, someone else said something aboot it and he was referencing that; jesus, do some legwork

#59 3 years ago

Did somebody say TOY STORY?

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Did somebody say TOY STORY?

I wish...

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Probably connectivity stuff Since it talks about innovation.

Possibly, but what about this?

- "You asked for innovation. We answered". What other company has brought more innovation to pinball in the last decade?

- then, they scroll through their catalogue of games in order of their release with a question mark following their last offering, Willy Wonka.

- finally, JJP are starting their own podcast on Monday, what better place to announce a new title with no shows in the immediate future?

I'm likely reading too much into this, but I've been waiting a long time for a substantial JJP announcement.

#62 3 years ago

My guess is on internet connectivity

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Are they really in bankruptcy!?!

Sorry, I was being sarcastic. Non-licensed themes are a complete crapshoot that JJP can ill afford at this point from a marketing, and likely financial, perspective. Hopefully they are teasing the imminent launch of GNR and not trying to blunt Stern’s launch with wi-fi connectivity - that would be a big miss. Especially since Multimorphic beat them to the punch.

#64 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

What other company has brought more innovation to pinball in the last decade?

Multimorphic

#65 3 years ago

Innovation? How about getting the little things right like no pooling, chipping, or getting a game shipped out to me with out 4 things I needed to fix right out of the box before I could play a game?

Sorry about that, still a little bitter from my last JJp game.

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

Innovation? How about getting the little things right like no pooling, chipping, or getting a game shipped out to me with out 4 things I needed to fix right out of the box before I could play a game?
Sorry about that, still a little bitter from my last JJp game.

Only four things? I can relate to that comment except I had a few more than that on mine. But luckily, no playfield issues. Knock on wood. I still like their pins. I just know that in the future, I will have to QC it myself when the next one arrives.

#67 3 years ago

You can now control the flippers from your phone via a bluetooth connection!! Err, wait, that was fun for like 30 seconds.

Next.

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

This is like the worst teaser ever. Provides zero info other than “something” is coming. Who didn’t already know that? Oye. JJP I love you but you’re killin me lol. :/

This is the best teaser ever. Cast doubt on pinheads’mind just after a stern announcement while they are not ready to show anything.
It is strategic, it was prepared and timed for sure.

#69 3 years ago

Yes. No dimpling.

#70 3 years ago

I really hope it's gnr to get it out of the way. Jjp is my favorite company, but I swear they really suck at adapting or even discovering demand.
Woz was great. Hobbit was good, but lacking in good design. Dialed in would have sold double with Pat's original name and theme integration. He was shut down with family friendly bs control. Pirates had already been done and the license was on its way out. Great game, but shit theme. Charley is a great theme idea, but they made it sound like a slot machine. Then they're going to try to sell a slot machine family friendly gnr because slash wants it. Worst idea ever. I just hope they survive and put it one more great game so I can buy it.

Meanwhile, Stern cranks out black night, which is cheap and empty as fuck, but man, that theme, voice and lighting. What a cool rush! Or maybe you want to fight the fucking Devil? Pick up an imdn.

Most of us are old skids/heads (whatever you want to call them) or the little brothers of this group that hung out in smokey arcades where sketchy old men sold weed and played pool. The last thing we want is a family friendly gnr. Yes, some guys with kids will, but not the majority.

Rant over....

#71 3 years ago

I would think this announcement is a new pin since they show the previous machines they've released. Probably since businesses are finally opening back up now that's why it feels like all these companies are announcing things at once cause they all opened up at the same time.

#72 3 years ago

This was like walking into a titty bar to find out that the girls are only topless and the bar doesn't serve alcohol.

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

This was like walking into a titty bar to find out that the girls are only topless and the bar doesn't serve alcohol.

Even worse....

JJPasties.

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Looks like one podcaster who said GNR won't be released until late July was wrong. I said the game will be revealed in June and who knows maybe even May still. This whole idea that it's going to take months to ramp up production is ridiculous. They didn't plan this move sleeping on it... this was probably months maybe even a year in works.
Bring on Paradise City!
Lets see... Guns N Roses vs TMNT. The turtles might as hell hide in their shell because that game looks like its for 5 year olds. NO THANKS!

I think you might have just got your ass handed to you on GNR

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

Anyone know the time frame of this announcement?

Two weeks.

Quoted from Beez:

Well .... they got my attention regardless
Marketing 101

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#76 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

maybe it's a new version of the hobbit. like gandalf the grey edition.

One last edition of WOZ , then retired...

#77 3 years ago

Just watched that video. Stupid. Means absolutely nothing. Pointless. Let's have some real info, Jack!

#78 3 years ago
9CE2738A-7C51-407F-96DC-8EE2CF3908D8 (resized).jpeg9CE2738A-7C51-407F-96DC-8EE2CF3908D8 (resized).jpeg
#79 3 years ago

What am I looking at?

Apparently he's not going to show pics of it out if respect if the designer? Isn't he always leaking things but he's not going to do it for GnR? Wtf

#80 3 years ago

I’m assuming 1 of the apron cards

#81 3 years ago

It feels like manufacturers use the word "innovation" way too much.

Taking wifi, or online play, or some other tech that's existed for decades and adding it to a pin isn't innovation. It's playing catch up.

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Taking wifi, or online play, or some other tech that's existed for decades and adding it to a pin isn't innovation. It's playing catch up.

Ability to play Online on pinball would be very covid period.

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

I’m assuming 1 of the apron cards

OK got it.

He says out of respect, he's not going to show the pictures which I think is the wrong approach. Does he not respect ANY of the folks behind all the games he's "spoiled"? I thought this was just about getting pinball news out K. No need to go into the respect or lack thereof - it's just pinball and showing people what they want.

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK got it.
He says out of respect, he's not going to show the pictures which I think is the wrong approach. Does he not respect ANY of the folks behind all the games he's "spoiled"? I thought this was just about getting pinball news out K. No need to go into the respect or lack thereof - it's just pinball and showing people what they want.

How can he spoiled games announcement again and again? Does he have spies network?

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

And can he spoiled games announcement again and again? Does he have spies network?

My guess is he use to have people and now he has fewer

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

That’s what you have to do if you’re a lifestyle brand.

#87 3 years ago

They will follow up this pre-announcement announcement to tell us the announcement is....

drum roll please...

their games are now wi-fi enabled. SMH

#88 3 years ago

Just get Slash out here to do the announcement!

#89 3 years ago

I'm hoping JJP is adding a camera to their next game! Imagine having the pinball machine take a picture of you while playing?!?

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'm hoping JJP is adding a camera to their next game! Imagine having the pinball machine take a picture of you while playing?!?

Already cheesy.

#91 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Dialed In had this.

#92 3 years ago

I predict WOZ the next color edition because they haven't run out of Crayola colors yet

In all seriousness....I hope they do deliver something unique and interesting. Assuming it is GnR at least it should have good music.

#93 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Anyone know if JJP has hired and trained any line workers yet for the IL factory? There's gotta be someone local that can drive by the parking lot and see if there is any activity.

Guessing there are LOTS of already trained line workers looking to get on board. Stern likely had a bunch laid off recently that JJP could grab.

I get the impression that stern runs primarily on temp staff with just the core group always retained??

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Ability to play Online on pinball would be very covid period.

Sure, but it's not an innovation.

#95 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Dialed In had this.

i guess he was sarcastic

#96 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK got it.

He talks out both sides of his mouth. Guys a hypocrite. One minute he is bashing JJP, the next he is spooning them. Its all about attention (see Histrionic personality disorder).

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

He talks out both sides of his mouth. Guys a hypocrite. One minute he is bashing JJP, the next he is spooning them. Its all about attention (see Histrionic personality disorder).

Dissonance (resized).jpgDissonance (resized).jpg
#98 3 years ago
Screenshot (48) (resized).pngScreenshot (48) (resized).png
#99 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

The stuff he pulled with Wonka was a bit strange. He went crazy for that game (more then any other) only to back out of his purchase and then start bashing the game. I understand Kaneda has room for 1 game but I often get the vibe that he only seems interested in buying games that maintain or goes up in value. I can't really blame him for that as everyone wants their collection to hold its value but I think you also miss out on a lot with that mindset.

#100 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

This is so true ^^^^^^^^^^

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

7,500 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/2?hl=dblm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.