501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 69.
#1401 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm sorry. I typed as slow as I could.
LTG : )

I typed even slower...I’ll try again...you don’t have any insider info but yet you claim to know with whom insiders choose to share info...these 2 thoughts are a contradiction.

Let me know if that was still too fast.

Cheers!

#1402 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm sorry. I typed as slow as I could.

LTG, time to add another line to your "List" lol

#1403 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

I typed even slower...I’ll try again...you don’t have any insider info but yet you claim to know with whom insiders choose to share info...these 2 thoughts are a contradiction.

Hell. I'm a contradiction.

Actually in all this, I was referring to Pinside. No one on Pinside knows.

#1404 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

LTG, time to add another line to your "List" lol

Yup.

#1405 3 years ago

Ok so take this with a grain of salt, but I has 2 separate people that I'm friends with (I consider them both "in the know") send me a leaked picture of the new JJP backglass....

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1406 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yup.

Just label Biggest ahole on Pinside!

#1407 3 years ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

Ok so take this with a grain of salt, but I has 2 separate people that I'm friends with (I consider them both "in the know") send me a leaked picture of the new JJP backglass....[quoted image]

Sweet. Don't recognize the artist, but not bad, especially buzz.

#1408 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Hell. I'm a contradiction.
Actually in all this, I was referring to Pinside. No one on Pinside knows.

Again, based on what you wrote you would not know that for a fact either.

#Facts.

#1409 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Just label Biggest ahole on Pinside!

Take it up with your rectal surgeon.

#1410 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

JJP is going out of business again? Take a look at their Facebook page, games are now being built (Wonka) at the new factory. JJP is owned by a billionaire family, they are not going anywhere anytime soon.

And here comes Panzer to the rescue!

#1411 3 years ago

Take it up with your rectal surgeon.

You need one to shut your mouth mate.

#1412 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Stern would still be making ugly ass games like Avatar and stripped down Iron Man if JJP had not come around.

Yea all their games sucked when WOZ was released. Tron, ACDC, Metallica, Star Trek, Walking Dead...absolute rubbish!

#1413 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Yea all their games sucked when WOZ was released. Tron, ACDC, Metallica, Star Trek, Walking Dead...absolute rubbish!

To be fair, Walking Dead was absolute rubbish for 2 years after it's release.

#1414 3 years ago

Yes it was. I guess my point is Stern was already making great games prior to JJP and WOZ. Iron Man and Avatar are also great games!

#1415 3 years ago

double post

#1416 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Metallica, Star Trek, Walking Dead

These games were after JJP arrived on the scene. Metallica was the first modern Stern with hand drawn artwork, which at the time I remember attributing to the new competition entering the market.

#1417 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

These games were after JJP arrived on the scene. Metallica was the first modern Stern with hand drawn artwork, which at the time I remember attributing to the new competition entering the market.

This is correct Jack had announced and shown WOZ before the mentioned Stern games.Metallica was the game that changed Stern with Dirty Donny artwork.I got fired up about that pins art,and then getting Zombie Yeti was what solidified the better games JJP’s games are superior quality!

#1418 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

To be fair, Walking Dead was absolute rubbish for 2 years after it's release.

Gotta disagree. Great from the beginning

I of course saw the potential

The layout did not change in the first two yrs

Gotta give credit to JJP for making Stern raise the bar

Not only that but for broadening the pool of pin buyers like myself

Stern owes part of every sale to JJP made to me. Without Woz I’m prob not buying pins

Not sure if I should thank Jack for that?

#1419 3 years ago

-Jersey Jack Pinball ...

Great quality games but giant screen needs to GO and ALL original character voices need to be in every game! only reason I don't own any : (

#1420 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

This is revisionist history at best. There is development time with all games. Attributing the success of those game to pressure from JJP is preposterous. I don't know how WOZ prompted Stern to do hand drawn artwork. WOZ is just a photoshop cut and paste job.

#1421 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

JJP’s games are superior quality!

Yea everyone remembers the quality of their WOZ playfields and 5v light boards

#1422 3 years ago

Hearing about and seeing WOZ is what got me back into Pinball after not playing since college (20 years ago at that time). I then started looking for pins out in the wild. Then played TRON (my personal favorite Stern game), and found out about JJP making a second game (Hobbit). I placed a pre-order and still have it today.

So JJP is what got me back into pinball. Still really like the Sterns, but there is something special about the JJP machines that set them apart.

#1423 3 years ago

Stern Star Wars was my first experimental toe in the pinball water, but JJP POTC is what cemented me firmly into the hobby. Now working on building the entire JJP set.

#1424 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Stern Star Wars was my first experimental toe in the pinball water, but JJP POTC is what cemented me firmly into the hobby. Now working on building the entire JJP set.

Agree - POTC is next on my radar, unless TS or GnR grabs me.

#1425 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

you should skip the Hobbit. Incredibly boring with almost no satisfying shots. yes, beautiful to look at, and integrated well as far as the movies go, but pop ups and multiballs get old fast.

#1426 3 years ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

ALL original character voices need to be in every game! only reason I don't own any : (

You could own WOZ, Hobbit, Dialed In, and Willy Wonka.

So there is only one game you don't want, Pirates.

Call your distributor today !

#1427 3 years ago

Again, based on what you wrote you would not know that for a fact either.

#Facts.

Yeah. But it gives you something to twist and have fun with.

#1428 3 years ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

-Jersey Jack Pinball ...
Great quality games but giant screen needs to GO and ALL original character voices need to be in every game! only reason I don't own any : (

You need to realize what an unreasonable request this is.

Actors have agents. Those agents want a piece of everything their actors make. Imagine having to make deals for voice acting and/or video clips for the 22 characters in POTC? Pinball is a tiny ant compared to Hollywood movies. The numbers are too small for most actors/agents to care, while simultaneously too expensive for pinball manufacturers to purchase.

You can continue to pout about this, but it all you're succeeding in doing is denying yourself some exceptional pinball experiences.

#1429 3 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

Quick update... There has been more activity at JJP this week. Increased truck activity at the docks, and a lot more cars in the parking lot. Looking like they must be in production now.

That could be liquidators for all we know.

#1430 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

I love Pinside!!!!

#1431 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

you should skip the Hobbit. Incredibly boring with almost no satisfying shots. yes, beautiful to look at, and integrated well as far as the movies go, but pop ups and multiballs get old fast.

For 3+ years now you have been constantly bashing The Hobbit every chance you get, it's old. Did the game commit a crime against you or land on you while moving it? lol. Also, you sold the game well before the code was even close to being completed.

#1432 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

They'd be there a long time dragging all those new Willy Wonkas off the assembly line.

Not liquidators.

Gearing up for bigger and better things.

#1433 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

The code is now superb. The "popups" are called beast mechs. Had you disabled beast mode during other multi balls your experience would've been that much better. This game when set at a pitch of at least 7.2 and with the flipper power set correctly it is absolutely a gem. Is it the best game ever? In my opinion probably not but it is incredibly fun for all skill levels, excellent sound and movie integration and challenging for even the most skilled players.
This is why I preach theme. Doesn't matter how fun a game is, if you're not into the theme itself you're missing that connection piece. I am a HUGE JRR Tolkien fan and my Hobbit sits right next to my LOTR. To everyone else sorry to stray from the point of this thread. I am interested to see what JJP does with GNR and definitely TS.

#1434 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Stern would still be making ugly ass games like Avatar and stripped down Iron Man if JJP had not come around.

And the games would cost $4500

#1435 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They'd be there a long time dragging all those new Willy Wonkas off the assembly line.

Well to be fair, that would be faster than customers dragging them off the line.

I'm ready for a kick ass theme from JJP!

#1437 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

No GOT was the first with hand drawn art and everyone hated it lol

#1439 3 years ago

Finally. I guess I typed slow enough that time.

#1440 3 years ago

The lack of follow up on the hype trailer is a bit sad. I am a JJP fan and look forward to any news of new pins or products. But I keep watching Stern with new pins and announcements that build excitement and interest. I know JJP is hard at work on building new pins and products, but maybe they should spend a few moments to give some exciting news to keep the buying public engaged...

#1442 3 years ago
4d2qiq.jpg4d2qiq.jpg
#1443 3 years ago

Finally. I guess I typed slow enough that time.

Yes you did.

Thank you !

#1444 3 years ago

Well, with the announcement of a another stern release I guess we should expect another JJP teaser?

#1445 3 years ago

JJP has a prime opportunity here to reveal something big.

#1446 3 years ago

JJP will use this opportunity to announce the long awaited WOZ reskin. This time with better speakers.

#1447 3 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Well, with the announcement of a another stern release I guess we should expect another JJP teaser?

Worked great the first time!

#1448 3 years ago

JJP will use this opportunity to announce the long awaited WOZ reskin. This time with better speakers.

And dualling winged monkeys

#1449 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

This is revisionist history at best. There is development time with all games. Attributing the success of those game to pressure from JJP is preposterous. I don't know how WOZ prompted Stern to do hand drawn artwork. WOZ is just a photoshop cut and paste job.

It wasn't direct competition for best artwork, but the resurgence in pinball started around 2012-2013 and new competition entered the market for the first time to meet the demand for new games. Though not all delivered in the long run, JJP, Skit B, Zidware and Spooky all arrived on the scene around this time and I think Stern really upped their game around this time, as well. Part of that was an improvement to artwork and printing quality. You can argue that they just did this to deliver a better product to the consumer because sales were up, I guess.

Quoted from JY64:

No GOT was the first with hand drawn art and everyone hated it lol

Am I missing something? Metallica (2013), GOT (2015).

#1450 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You could own WOZ, Hobbit, Dialed In, and Willy Wonka.

So there is only one game you don't want, Pirates.

Call your distributor today !

How's the sarcasm... ok then with all your talent you can remove the giant screen tvs for me!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 11,000.00
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/29?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.