501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 69.
#1351 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Zep doesn't take more GnR off the table, it pretty much kills it. I like GnR but they are no Led Zeppelin

This is true as a band - but JJP pins are very interesting and quite the spectacle. Even though I much prefer Zep to GnR, but I would need to play both pins before I would buy.

#1352 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

JJP launching GnR or Toy Story around Thanksgiving with games hitting homes between Thanksgiving and Christmas would be a home run, IMO.

Which also aligns with the 25th Anniversary of Toy Story too (Nov).

#1353 3 years ago

jjp situation does not look good if it's true GnR is shelved. they have not released a new game in a year now, pandemic or not. look at the facts here. their history is not that good the last 3 years. are they going to survive? this story of the market isn't there for GnR doesn't make any sense. neither does the whole story pirates being discontinued. pinside is the ultimate source of pinball players. there are a ton of people on here that would buy a pirates pinball. your going to expect somebody to believe there was a bigger demand for dialed in and the hobbit over POTC? not believable for a second. i believe it was stopped for the cost of making it and playfield issues we all read about. if you recall, it was shown in October 2017, never to be released until summer 2018. their were problems from the start with the spinning area, it broke at several arcade shows.

at this point, i would ask if they are ever making another game. their hype video months ago led to nothing and here we are near September with the competition putting out games (stern new one tomorrow?, american's hot wheels, etc.). don't know if the toy story game is real or not, but it's a horrible theme for a game. it's a child's movie, for children 5-7 years old. they don't buy pinball. i don't get that at all. no way more folks would want a toy story game over a guns and roses.

#1354 3 years ago

Led Zeppelin is the greatest band in rock history.No band will ever be better!I do believe GnR is better music and theme for a pinball machine.

#1355 3 years ago

Count me in as someone who would instantly put money down on a CE Toy Story but has zero interest in GnR

#1356 3 years ago

I hope it's GNR would be my first JJP Toy Story would be a pass for me

#1357 3 years ago

Honestly it depends on the layout for both. Pat and Eric are both great designers and I am hoping that they both have something awesome/inspired to show us with their next machines but sometimes particular layouts don't "click" with everyone. If TS has a fantastic layout/shots/toys then I would be interested, if it is a rehash of past games then not-so-much. The exact same can be said for GnR.

Wonka theme interests me more than Pirates but I liked the layout more on Pirates so I got that instead.

#1358 3 years ago
Quoted from heartbrand:

Count me in as someone who would instantly put money down on a CE Toy Story but has zero interest in GnR

I am in for Toy Story CE. I think it’s a cant miss.

#1359 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

jjp situation does not look good if it's true GnR is shelved. they have not released a new game in a year now, pandemic or not. look at the facts here. their history is not that good the last 3 years. are they going to survive? this story of the market isn't there for GnR doesn't make any sense. neither does the whole story pirates being discontinued. pinside is the ultimate source of pinball players. there are a ton of people on here that would buy a pirates pinball. your going to expect somebody to believe there was a bigger demand for dialed in and the hobbit over POTC? not believable for a second. i believe it was stopped for the cost of making it and playfield issues we all read about. if you recall, it was shown in October 2017, never to be released until summer 2018. their were problems from the start with the spinning area, it broke at several arcade shows.
at this point, i would ask if they are ever making another game. their hype video months ago led to nothing and here we are near September with the competition putting out games (stern new one tomorrow?, american's hot wheels, etc.). don't know if the toy story game is real or not, but it's a horrible theme for a game. it's a child's movie, for children 5-7 years old. they don't buy pinball. i don't get that at all. no way more folks would want a toy story game over a guns and roses.

Everybody at Jersey Jack Pinball just left the factory and took an early retirement!

#1360 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

JJP launching GnR or Toy Story around Thanksgiving with games hitting homes between Thanksgiving and Christmas would be a home run, IMO.

Toy Story would be a home run. GnR at best a double

#1361 3 years ago

There is no way that JJP scrapped GNR for an image issue or due to political winds. A company that is struggling for sales and just sent a lot of time, resource and money developing a pin is not going to just scrap it. If JJP is not going to release GNR this fall, in my opinion, it has more to do about capturing more sales by releasing GNR at the right time rather than for political or image reasons.

So here is my prediction on what is going to happen.
Stern announces LZ in the next week
JJP announces TS sometime in the near future
JJP announces GNR sometime in 2021 after LZ sales start to drop.

Thoughts...

#1362 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Toy Story would be a home run. GnR at best a double

You look at the top pins, and most of them are music themed, AC/DC, Iron Madien, Metallica. Now you take a better band than those 3, and add Jersey Jack quality to it, and you have a HIT! It's a perfect formula for success

#1363 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

it's a child's movie, for children 5-7 years old. they don't buy pinball. i don't get that at all. no way more folks would want a toy story game over a guns and roses.

Yes it was a movie for 5-7 year old kids. Those kids are now in there 30s and buying pinballs.

#1364 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

Yes it was a movie for 5-7 year old kids. Those kids are now in there 30s and buying pinballs.

30 year olds suffered through two recessions, and most of them live with their parents, if they don't live with their parents, they are struggling to own, or rent a house. Wrong market to sell pinball machines to. Kind of feel sorry for 30 year olds as life is harder for them financially, generally speaking.

#1365 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

You look at the top pins, and most of them are music themed, AC/DC, Iron Madien, Metallica. Now you take a better band than those 3, and add Jersey Jack quality to it, and you have a HIT! It's a perfect formula for success

I realize music pins are popular and would expect GnR to do well for JJP. But I also believe that the potential market for Toy Story is much larger and believe that TS should sell far more than GnR simply because of that.

#1366 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

Yo. Also we have kids that are 5-7 and we have shared the toy story love with them. The bond is strong.

Quoted from BallPin:

30 year olds suffered through two recessions, and most of them live with their parents, if they don't live with their parents, they are struggling to own, or rent a house. Wrong market to sell pinball machines to. Kind of feel sorry for 30 year olds as life is harder for them financially, generally speaking.

Some of us chose something other than an English/philosophy major and have somehow managed to survive.

#1367 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I realize music pins are popular and would expect GnR to do well for JJP. But I also believe that the potential market for Toy Story is much larger and believe that TS should sell far more than GnR simply because of that.

Totally agree. People dismiss it as a child’s movie, but it was incredibly well written, has high 90’s rotten tomatoes, Billions in box office revenue, Disney theme park, etc. I just think it could bring new customers to the hobby. I also could be wrong...

#1368 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

34 year old here with own house and 3 kids. Loved Toy Story as a kid. My kids love it to. Will be in the market for a Toy Story down the line. Could care less about GNR.

#1369 3 years ago

Since that Walk In thread rumor got so much traction and attention I'll start a new one from my neighbor that knows a guy with a pinball machine that JJP is actually delayed as they Actually decided to blow your minds and release Both GnR and TS at the same time and swallow the Q4 market! You heard it here, made up just minutes ago!

#1370 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Since that Walk In thread rumor got so much traction and attention I'll start a new one from my neighbor that knows a guy with a pinball machine that JJP is actually delayed as they Actually decided to blow your minds and release Both GnR and TS at the same time and swallow the Q4 market! You heard it here, made up just minutes ago!

Stop telling stories yellowbird

3D9DC328-F719-4C6D-B77B-CAFAC4D93C26 (resized).png3D9DC328-F719-4C6D-B77B-CAFAC4D93C26 (resized).png
#1371 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Could care less about GNR.

Makes sense. They last had a hit song when you were six. G'n'R is is quickly moving from dad rock to grandpa rock. I don't think they're gonna transcend multiple generations like Zeppelin. If anyone's ever gonna make another G'n'R game, the clock is ticking.

#1372 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I know five guys that say it is definitely Harry Potter and not GNR or TS.

#1373 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Do they also make burgers and fries?

#1374 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Well there's 2 complete production lines now ...

#1375 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If the political and social climate is part of the reason you can kiss another run of POTC with Johnny the dirt bag Depp goodbye too.

You might want to check the news. Amber Heard has been busted on tape revealing her whole allegations were a scam. She may actually be prosecuted.

#1376 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

JJP is going out of business again? Take a look at their Facebook page, games are now being built (Wonka) at the new factory. JJP is owned by a billionaire family, they are not going anywhere anytime soon.

#1377 3 years ago

The new animated films are created to appeal to parents as much as children. I have no kids and love the toy story movies. They have way more appeal than a squealy metal band with cliche art from the 90's and a dirtbag, no-show lead singer. Slash can only carry so much.... It's a loser theme and will hurt the company. They should ditch it. It's not hard to retheme. Most of the code can remain. It's just art and LCD work...

#1378 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I know one guy that hopes it's PTC !

LTG : )

#1379 3 years ago

At this point, I don't care what it is, let's just hope they have better QC and testing in place.

#1380 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The new animated films are created to appeal to parents as much as children. I have no kids and love the toy story movies. They have way more appeal than a squealy metal band with cliche art from the 90's and a dirtbag, no-show lead singer. Slash can only carry so much.... It's a loser theme and will hurt the company. They should ditch it. It's not hard to retheme. Most of the code can remain. It's just art and LCD work...

So does this mean your not buying one?

#1381 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

You might want to check the news. Amber Heard has been busted on tape revealing her whole allegations were a scam. She may actually be prosecuted.

He is still a Dirt Bag and most everything on the news is only a half truth anymore.

#1382 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

He is still a Dirt Bag and most everything on the news is only a half truth anymore.

******************************ROLLS EYES******************************************

#1383 3 years ago

HP, TS or GnR, our family would be up for all 3.

#1384 3 years ago

JJP's next pin = Matrix, calling it now.

Stern is rushing their announcement of Bill and Ted to get the first blow in the great Keanu wars of 2020. How this will affect Johnny Mnemonic prices remains to be seen.

#1385 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yeesh. It's like you partied with him personally, and he done ya dirty in some way.....

#1386 3 years ago

FWIW, my distributor told me that the "release for GNR has been put on hold". No reason given.

#1387 3 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

JJP's next pin = Matrix, calling it now.
Stern is rushing their announcement of Bill and Ted to get the first blow in the great Keanu wars of 2020. How this will affect Johnny Mnemonic prices remains to be seen.

JM is my GOAT and I'd love to see Bill & Ted!

#1388 3 years ago

So, is this a thread about what the theme is, or what the innovation is? Because I'm pretty sure there are threads already to discuss how much you love or hate GNR or whatever.

So, what are your theories on what the innovation is?

For me, the tagline in the video says "everything is about to change" and shows a brief flash of their games, so it would be something tied to all their games (and their platform), not to a specific title. I would guess some kind of module you attach to your game, so maybe a wifi module (and then features that would go with that...scores, daily challenges)?

#1389 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

So, is this a thread about what the theme is, or what the innovation is? Because I'm pretty sure there are threads already to discuss how much you love or hate GNR or whatever.
So, what are your theories on what the innovation is?
For me, the tagline in the video says "everything is about to change" and shows a brief flash of their games, so it would be something tied to all their games (and their platform), not to a specific title. I would guess some kind of module you attach to your game, so maybe a wifi module (and then features that would go with that...scores, daily challenges)?

I hate gnr.

#1390 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Yeesh. It's like you partied with him personally, and he done ya dirty in some way.....

Johnny was cool,but Amber made me feel like a piece of beef!

#1391 3 years ago

Pinball games based entirely on a bands are lame, I tried it with Queen and couldn't get it to work. Back in 2011 I added an ACDC and Metallica jukebox to Stern's Iron man in a virtual version of their game. Then I added a Kiss jukebox to Bally's Kiss. Then an Iron Maiden jukebox to Bally's Centaur. Funny how years later my ideas appeared in the real world. Now if Stern do Queen then that's 5 for 5. As I've proven over and over again, you can easily add all your favourite band music to any pin of your choice with pinball browser, so a dedicated music pin is pretty pointless. A Queen pin - rubbish. A Flash Gordon pin with a Queen soundtrack -awesome.

#1392 3 years ago

The real question is do we get another JJP teaser video if Stern makes an announcement tomorrow? Maybe this one will have innovative smoke and mirrors...

#1393 3 years ago

Stern would still be making ugly ass games like Avatar and stripped down Iron Man if JJP had not come around.

#1394 3 years ago

I hope it's Toy Story, but all the Randy Newman songs are covered by GnR.

2 birds stoned.gif2 birds stoned.gif

#1395 3 years ago

Quick update... There has been more activity at JJP this week. Increased truck activity at the docks, and a lot more cars in the parking lot. Looking like they must be in production now.

#1396 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I thought that was clear when I posted JJP for Jersey Jack Pinball.
Jersey Jack Pinball has always had more than one person that knows.

The more people the more opportunity for leaks. Yet you wrote “nobody knows”.

#1397 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Yo. Also we have kids that are 5-7 and we have shared the toy story love with them. The bond is strong.

Some of us chose something other than an English/philosophy major and have somehow managed to survive.

Learned to Code?

#1398 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Yet you wrote “nobody knows”.

Nobody does.

If they knew. They'd be a somebody.

#1399 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Nobody does.
If they knew. They'd be a somebody.

Not following the logic...you’ve admitted to not being a JJP insider yet you know that none of the insiders have spoken to anyone about decisions at JJP.

#1400 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Not following the logic...

I'm sorry. I typed as slow as I could.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/28?hl=clg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.