501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 69.
#1301 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Your choice. Believe or not. No matter to me.

Tech support. People stop into my arcade, call one of four phones, email, PM's here and on Facebook. I try to help them get their JJP ( and CGC ) games going once they have them and have questions or need help with the game.
I don't work at either factory, so I can't look out the door and see what is going on, or sit in on meetings. I found out about Willy Wonka here on Pinside two days before MGC. Just like everyone else. I didn't know anything about it before hand.
LTG : )

Why is written « jersey jack pinball » in your profile?

#1302 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Tech support. People stop into my arcade, call one of four phones, email, PM's here and on Facebook. I try to help them get their JJP ( and CGC ) games going once they have them and have questions or need help with the game.

I don't work at either factory, so I can't look out the door and see what is going on, or sit in on meetings. I found out about Willy Wonka here on Pinside two days before MGC. Just like everyone else. I didn't know anything about it before hand.

You're an amazing asset this community. Thank you sir for all of your contributions!

#1303 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Why is written « jersey jack pinball » in your profile?

Because I do tech support for Jersey Jack Pinball.

And there isn't room for Planetary Pinball Supply, or Chicago Gaming Company.

I own an arcade. SS Billiards, in Hopkins, MN. I work from there. Noon to midnight everyday, though usually earlier and later. I'm not at any factory I help. Though on occasion I have visited them. And hope to see the new JJP building and new AP buildings some day. I've seen the old ones.

Also people thinking of buying a JJP game or CGC game. If they stop into my business. I'll open up the games and walk them through it to help the manufacturers sell games and people learn about what they are buying.

#1304 3 years ago

TheLaw c’est possible de poser des questions? LTG n’a pas besoin d’avocat, je ne l’agresse pas.
Vous avez l’air de le connaitre, moi pas. D’ou mes questions.

#1305 3 years ago

LTG n’a pas besoin d’avocat, je ne l’agresse pas.
Vous avez l’air de le connaitre, moi pas. D’ou mes questions.

No problem. I know their may be a language barrier. I don't mind answering to help you better understand what I do.

#1306 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Because I do tech support for Jersey Jack Pinball.
And there isn't room for Planetary Pinball Supply, or Chicago Gaming Company.
I own an arcade. SS Billiards, in Hopkins, MN. I work from there. Noon to midnight everyday, though usually earlier and later. I'm not at any factory I help. Though on occasion I have visited them. And hope to see the new JJP building and new AP buildings some day. I've seen the old ones.
Also people thinking of buying a JJP game or CGC game. If they stop into my business. I'll open up the games and walk them through it to help the manufacturers sell games and people learn about what they are buying.

Sorry buddy, it is my english limit with the word « tech » that confused me.
But i can see you have some good guys to step up.
Take care

#1307 3 years ago

Sorry Colonel, I misunderstood what you were saying. My fault/apologies

#1308 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

GnR canceled!!!! Live PD canceled
Being a dude canceled!!#BLM

#1309 3 years ago

I don’t care if GNR is next or not. It’s not a title that is of any interest to me. I’m not a fan of any music themed pin for a variety of reasons. I’ve never understood why GNR was (rumored) to be a (potential) JJP game as it never seemed to fit with JJP’s other far more family friendly titles. I’m sure they’ll sell a decent number of games but don’t think it had anywhere near the sales potential that Toy Story should.

Assuming Toy Story is coming soon I’m very interested as long as the use of IP isn’t neutered as it was with POTC. In theory TS has the potential to be the elusive home run title for JJP. Imagine a crane toy that moves a pinball from one part of the playfield with the Aliens “the claw” video clips and so many of the other possibilities Pat has/had open to him.

#1310 3 years ago

I think it's far more likely that rather than "cancel culture", JJP made a decision based on:
1. 5 Music pins released in the last 7 years
2. Lack of a family-oriented pin releases imminent form competing line-ups
3. rumored upcoming LZ and possibly other competing pins.
4. oh, and BLM.

BTW, considering how many people pay attention to pinball, I doubt a GnR pin would make the news or spark protest. I think most marketing people would think that it would *help* JJP sales...

#1311 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Imagine a crane toy that moves a pinball from one part of the playfield

Between Batman 66 and Multimorphic Heist...

4cu9by (resized).jpg4cu9by (resized).jpg
#1312 3 years ago

Hmm, let's see:

2011 The Rolling Stones
2012 AC/DC
2013 Metallica
2017 Aerosmith
2017 AC/DC vault edition
2018 Iron Maiden
2018 The Beatles
2020 Led Zeppelin

Yeah, what JJP needs to do to stand out from the crowd is to release a music pin....

#1313 3 years ago
Quoted from sandro:

Hmm, let's see:
2011 The Rolling Stones
2012 AC/DC
2013 Metallica
2017 Aerosmith
2017 AC/DC vault edition
2018 Iron Maiden
2018 The Beatles
2020 Led Zeppelin
Yeah, what JJP needs to do to stand out from the crowd is to release a music pin....

Why would they secure the license and presumably have the R&D done, then shelve it? If they even have the license, that is..

#1314 3 years ago
Quoted from sandro:

Hmm, let's see:
2011 The Rolling Stones
2012 AC/DC
2013 Metallica
2017 Aerosmith
2017 AC/DC vault edition
2018 Iron Maiden
2018 The Beatles
2020 Led Zeppelin

And that’s just Stern. Don’t forget Alice Cooper.

#1315 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Why would they secure the license and presumably have the R&D done, then shelve it? If they even have the license, that is..

My guess is you wouldn't scrap it entirely, you would wait to *not* release the same time as a competing pin. Especially, if you think that the pins would cannibalize each others sales. Assuming that a portion of the sales of either pin are locked in to fans (and they will buy *whenever* you release), the remaining sales are to either those who will buy both (probably will buy whenever you release) or those that will choose based on theme. Given 2 pins with similar themes (Licensed Theme - Music), the sales would likely spilt between the two based on any number of other criteria (designer, look, play, price, etc). For some (arcades like D&B) it might just be as simple as price....

#1316 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Right! My bad.

Apparently, IPDB doesn't think Alice Cooper is a Music pin:

Theme: Licensed Theme - Horror - Supernatural

#1317 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Plus:
KISS
Primus
Rob Zombie

Heavy Metal kinda.. won't count that one.

#1318 3 years ago
Quoted from sandro:

Right! My bad.

Rob zombie!

#1319 3 years ago

I intentionally left out Primus, since it wasn't generally available. I didn't count KISS since I thought that was older (there was a 2015 KISS pin ??).

And I missed Rob Zombie as well, but I have to admit that haven't been in a location that would have had a RZ anytime in the last few years...

#1320 3 years ago
Quoted from sandro:

My guess is you wouldn't scrap it entirely, you would wait to *not* release the same time as a competing pin. Especially, if you think that the pins would cannibalize each others sales. Assuming that a portion of the sales of either pin are locked in to fans (and they will buy *whenever* you release), the remaining sales are to either those who will buy both (probably will buy whenever you release) or those that will choose based on theme. Given 2 pins with similar themes (Licensed Theme - Music), the sales would likely spilt between the two based on any number of other criteria (designer, look, play, price, etc). For some (arcades like D&B) it might just be as simple as price....

If I had to "bet" on which pin would be a massive success this fall/winter in the middle of a pandemic, it would be TS. I just think it will bring new consumers to the market. While one can argue that people are hurting economically, they seem to be spending more on home entertainment and I could see many people getting a family friendly pin to pass the time. Just a thought.

#1321 3 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

If I had to "bet" on which pin would be a massive success this fall/winter in the middle of a pandemic, it would be TS. I just think it will bring new consumers to the market. While one can argue that people are hurting economically, they seem to be spending more on home entertainment and I could see many people getting a family friendly pin to pass the time. Just a thought.

Well there’s hot wheels for that too.

#1322 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

#1323 3 years ago

Sorry meant to insert a vomit emoji.

#1324 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Yup. People have been digging Hot Wheels, looks like a really fun pin with solid code updates. Annnnnd about a grand less than entry-level JJP...?

#1325 3 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Yup. People have been digging Hot Wheels, looks like a really fun pin with solid code updates. Annnnnd about a grand less than entry-level JJP...?

Sorry I shouldn’t judge. Haven’t played and it gets reviewed quite well.

#1326 3 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Sorry I shouldn’t judge....

Wise words to every WOZ owner out there

#1327 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Wise words to every WOZ owner out there

I have learned to love that maddening game!

#1328 3 years ago

Darn I saw 85 new comments, my usual marker that JJP released a new teaser, but No! I can go back to my cave waiting to see whatever they want to show us !

#1329 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Darn I saw 85 new comments, my usual marker that JJP released a new teaser, but No! I can go back to my cave waiting to see whatever they want to show us !

You should be watching for new JJP game announcement threads. This thread is for complaining about why JJP does not do this....or that.

#1330 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Can appreciate JJP wanting to protect their image,

From what? GnR is not a political band. They lived a RnR lifestyle because and this is a shocker, they are a RnR band. Unless I'm unaware of some ideology the band holds that mind offend what is the issue?

#1331 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Can appreciate JJP wanting to protect their image, if this is true. JJP2 has new big investments to protect. Most any company will choose to go a safe direction in today’s environment. Toy Story is a safe direction. GNR was a theme chosen by the old JJP many years ago. Theme time horizons come and go. Agree with Lloyd on this one. Unless JJP states it, we don’t know, but rumors create interesting speculation.

Protect their image???? It’s time JJP did a more “adult” themed game. There is no secret thing that is just now surfacing making GnR look bad. If the issue is One in a Million, it’s a song that was on an album that sold insanely well back in the late 80’s, and is still out there. Hell, it’s on Spotify right now. I don’t condone the lyrics, but cancel culture has gotten a bit out of control. GnR as a whole is a great license for a music pin, and even though the DE version is good, I know JJP can do it better.

#1332 3 years ago

Wow 50 plus posts to this thread since the morning...
Still no news

#1333 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Wow 50 plus posts to this thread since the morning...
Still no news

If there really was an announcement, you really expected only 50 posts?

#1334 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

If there really was an announcement, you really expected only 50 posts

Would have been a start!

#1335 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Would have been a start!

I would had expected over 300 posts in this thread and 3 new threads in a matter of 8 hours of an announcement.

#1336 3 years ago

Best part is Stern will apparently announce their next game on Friday. Thats the next game AFTER turtles. You know the game the brilliant marketing team at jjp decided to tease something innovative right after it was announced only to give us nothing? They're so far behind that now Stern is going to announce another game and still nothing from jjp? Maybe they'll tease something after this one too? Embarrassing and I like jjp!

Time to wake up and get something to be hyped about. Marketing is obviously not their strong suit.

#1337 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Best part is Stern will apparently announce their next game on Friday. Thats the next game AFTER turtles

If it’s Zep, I think it takes more GnR $ off the table for JJP. TMNT took some, another music pin will take much more. Jaws cleans the plate ...

#1338 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Nobody knows that. Unless JJP says so.

JJP is not one person anymore. So there are several people who would “know”.

#1339 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Oh thank god your back to explain everything to us.

#1340 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Oh thank god your back to explain everything to us.

Still mad that I know more than you about what’s going on I see....

#1341 3 years ago

I'm betting it's Axl. The ONLY reason jjp were going to do gnr is because slash bugged them to. I'm betting once they had to deal with Axl, they walked away. The guy is a complete loser in every sense of the word.

Or, they refused to make it as raunchy as the band (probably Axl) would want. I said It from the beginning: GNR is the worst possible theme for a family-friendly pinball company to license. They wouldn't even call Dialed In "Killer App" FFS. How in the hell did they think this would work?

#1342 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

I thought that was clear when I posted JJP for Jersey Jack Pinball.

Jersey Jack Pinball has always had more than one person that knows.

#1343 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t care if GNR is next or not. It’s not a title that is of any interest to me. I’m not a fan of any music themed pin for a variety of reasons. I’ve never understood why GNR was (rumored) to be a (potential) JJP game as it never seemed to fit with JJP’s other far more family friendly titles. I’m sure they’ll sell a decent number of games but don’t think it had anywhere near the sales potential that Toy Story should.
Assuming Toy Story is coming soon I’m very interested as long as the use of IP isn’t neutered as it was with POTC. In theory TS has the potential to be the elusive home run title for JJP. Imagine a crane toy that moves a pinball from one part of the playfield with the Aliens “the claw” video clips and so many of the other possibilities Pat has/had open to him.

Well, except if the theme is really lame, i think the success of a game is more in how it is loaded, plays, coded, fun.
So i can’t see why GNR could not be sold more than Toy story.

#1344 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Best part is Stern will apparently announce their next game on Friday. Thats the next game AFTER turtles. You know the game the brilliant marketing team at jjp decided to tease something innovative right after it was announced only to give us nothing? They're so far behind that now Stern is going to announce another game and still nothing from jjp? Maybe they'll tease something after this one too? Embarrassing and I like jjp!
Time to wake up and get something to be hyped about. Marketing is obviously not their strong suit.

Well, Stern and JJP are not built in the same company model, the same level of charges, the same commercial strategy.

Even if JJP aspires to build 2 games by year, this is not for this special year, for obvious reasons (move, covid...maybe some unforeseen things too).

But what i don’t get it, it is the general impatience about next JJP game. You would get the reveal of next game when it is ready. If it is fine for JJP, it is fine for me too.

#1345 3 years ago
harambe-triggerd-meme (resized).jpgharambe-triggerd-meme (resized).jpg
#1346 3 years ago

Well, Stern and JJP are not built in the same company model, the same level of charges, the same commercial strategy.
Even if JJP aspires to build 2 games by year, this is not for this special year, for obvious reasons (move, covid...maybe some unforeseen things too).
But what i don’t get it, it is the general impatience about next JJP game. You would get the reveal of next game when it is ready. If it is fine for JJP, it is fine for me too.

Sure I understand but don't do a tease regarding innovation when you know damn right you have nothing to show the public for months and months later.

#1347 3 years ago

You all really think they pulled the plug on this?

Shit, back in feb/March we were talking about it being out by April/May so even with Covid this has to be well into the development and final part of process before production.

What a kick in the nuts for JJP if true, all the time and money wasted and time is money.

If the political and social climate is part of the reason you can kiss another run of POTC with Johnny the dirt bag Depp goodbye too.

#1348 3 years ago

Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

If it’s Zep, I think it takes more GnR $ off the table for JJP

This could be the reason for the possible change in theme if that's true. Zep doesn't take more GnR off the table, it pretty much kills it. I like GnR but they are no Led Zeppelin, JJP knows this and if its so they also no how it will impact sales. Zeppelin by Steve Ritchie? Come on now.

#1349 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

This could be the reason for the possible change in theme if that's true. Zep doesn't take more GnR off the table, it pretty much kills it. I like GnR but they are no Led Zeppelin, JJP knows this and if its so they also no how it will impact sales. Zeppelin by Steve Ritchie? Come on now.

True

Giving Richie one of his beloved bands and themes would be great to see. JJP also holding out till later on makes sense also as TS would be a good theme to start off with in new plant. I just find it hard to believe that they would back off GNR release with investment they have in it already.. Stranger things have happened. I would still buy both the GNR and LZ as they will probably be vastly different playing games that would be interesting to own if this holds true.

#1350 3 years ago
Quoted from Zwovr6:

True
Giving Richie one of his beloved bands and themes would be great to see. JJP also holding out till later on makes sense also as TS would be a good theme to start off with in new plant. I just find it hard to believe that they would back off GNR release with investment they have in it already.. Stranger things have happened. I would still buy both the GNR and LZ as they will probably be vastly different playing games that would be interesting to own if this holds true.

JJP launching GnR or Toy Story around Thanksgiving with games hitting homes between Thanksgiving and Christmas would be a home run, IMO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11,000.00
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/27?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.