501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 69.
#1251 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you really respected JJP. You wouldn't have posted in two threads about this in the first place.
Lloyd

"Hello, 911? I'd like to report a murder...by words"

#1252 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you really respected JJP. You wouldn't have posted in two threads about this in the first place.
Lloyd

Well everyone knows they are coming out with GnR and Toy Story, I just told people the order. No biggie. No real SPOILER, the respect part is I'm not telling the people WHY they decided to go that route. Also I'm really pissed at the reason, so yes, I'm am being respectful by not discussing the reason, and the reason had me amped up to type it in two topics about GnR pin.

#1253 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Lloyd

But he knows a guy that has a sister that knows a neighbor that has a secret that’s a Proven fact and he joined Pinside this Month to Not share it. I’m sold!

#1254 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Well everyone knows they are coming out with GnR and Toy Story,

Really ?

I do tech support for them and I don't know that.

Last year we were expecting Toy Story at TPF and JJP unveiled WOZYBR. Then later at MGC we were expecting Toy Story and WW was unveiled.

So make that everyone less one.

LTG : )

#1255 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Really ?
Last year we were expecting Toy Story at TPF and JJP unveiled WOZYBR. Then later at MGC we were expecting Toy Story and WW was unveiled.
So make that everyone less one.

And what would You know, it’s not like you’ve been in pinball for fifty years! Your on a need to know basis!! Lol

#1256 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

And what would You know, it’s not like you’ve been in pinball for fifty years! Your on a need to know basis!! Lol

Lol. Actually Lloyd is on the “I don’t want to know” plan.

#1257 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Actually Lloyd is on the “I don’t want to know” plan.

That is true. Then if something leaks. Wasn't me.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Your on a need to know basis!!

My tech support credo. First to go last to know.

Though it would be fun once to have an inkling of what the heck is going on before the tech calls come in on it.

#1258 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

And what would You know

Well now. To be fair. I did BS my way through five weeks of tech support for WOZ, before I had one so I could start learning it.

I know nothing. Sgt. Schultz quote.

#1259 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Well everyone knows they are coming out with GnR and Toy Story, I just told people the order. No biggie. No real SPOILER, the respect part is I'm not telling the people WHY they decided to go that route. Also I'm really pissed at the reason, so yes, I'm am being respectful by not discussing the reason, and the reason had me amped up to type it in two topics about GnR pin.

Well given the dearth of any real info for the last few months, I appreciate the info. And if they’re both great games then I’d be happy with either theme frankly. The only concern this raises is that they may not release a new game at all until 2021 now.

#1260 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Makes sense TS is also finished.

It was 2015 when it was first leaked.

Going to take a guess at the reason for the switch.

Pat wanted TS out first?

#1261 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Pat wanted TS out first?

Sounds like there may be issues with the band license. Toy Story seems like it would be up next if there were 'issues' with GnR...I am excited to see whichever is next.

#1262 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Pat wanted TS out first?

Lord Lawlor (Vordemort) strikes against!!!! Thanks Kaneda!

#1263 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

...I want to say that Guns N Roses, could break up, you never know, and IP could be fought over again between members, and that could hold up your release, or change it if Axl decides he doesn't want certain members on the pin....so JJP, rethink your approach, and release Guns before all that Research and development was all wasted!

You forgot to mention that the GnR fanbase is dwindling as people age over time as well - better to release it now while there is still some interest. I know I would much prefer Toy Story theme.

#1264 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

You forgot to mention that the GnR fanbase is dwindling as people age as well - better to release it now while there is still some interest. I know I would much prefer Toy Story theme.

#1265 3 years ago

IF this were true, I could see it being that GNR has said some particularly non-PC things in the past. Most bands have but just wondering...

#1266 3 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

IF this were true, I could see it being that GNR has said some particularly non-PC things in the past. Most bands have but just wondering...

Isn't it pathetic that the current political climate could have an impact on the release of a pinball machine because of what a band has done or said in the past? Let me just remind JJP that GnR was the most profitable touring band in 2016 2017 and 2018.

#1267 3 years ago

So this guy joined Pinside just a little over a month ago and is telling us this is true. Come on man!

#1268 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Isn't it pathetic that the current political climate could have an impact on the release of a pinball machine because of what a band has done or said in the past? Let me just remind JJP that GnR was the most profitable touring band in 2016 2017 and 2018.

Agreed it would be pathetic, just playing the game on this rumor. Hope not true

#1269 3 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Agreed it would be pathetic, just playing the game on this rumor. Hope not true

#1270 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

So this guy joined Pinside just a little over a month ago and is telling us this is true. Come on man!

No, he didn't. He's been here much longer than that.

#1271 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

No, he didn't. He's been here much longer than that.

Who is it? Says July, 2020

#1272 3 years ago

Whatever, at this point. Im just anxious to see another JJP game.. I dont care which one is shown first.

What would be really sweet if they BOTH came out this year as they have the larger factory now, wouldn't THAT be something.

#1273 3 years ago

It does kind of make sense as the delay on GNR has been huge.

Stern will release another cornerstone in September so if JJP don't announce by then, it's more potential sales lost.

#1274 3 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Whatever, at this point. Im just anxious to see another JJP game.. I dont care which one is shown first.
What would be really sweet if they BOTH came out this year as they have the larger factory now, wouldn't THAT be something.

I think I would be a buyer on either one

#1275 3 years ago

I want both either way regardless which one is first. Just get something out for us jjp.

#1276 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

I would say that it's pathetic that respecting our fellow humans would take a backseat to playing a game people even haven't seen yet. Companies are free to ignore what people they choose to market or promote have done or said in the past, but risk seeing the result on the bottom line. Others in this thread have voted with their wallet simply because JJP didn't *market* their next game well. I can't even begin to imagine supporting a company that promotes racist, sexist, and/or homophobic speech.

#1277 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Who is it? Says July, 2020

Do you really think this is some random person? C'mon now - pretty clear on what's going on. It's like I can hear him out loud as I read these messages.

I'm totally bummed if GnR is really bumped for Toy Story. I get it though, great IP - but not something I would be interested in.

#1278 3 years ago
Quoted from sandro:

I would say that it's pathetic that respecting our fellow humans would take a backseat to playing a game people even haven't seen yet. Companies are free to ignore what people they choose to market or promote have done or said in the past, but risk seeing the result on the bottom line. Others in this thread have voted with their wallet simply because JJP didn't *market* their next game well. I can't even begin to imagine supporting a company that promotes racist, sexist, and/or homophobic speech.

See that's being part of the problem.

You're telling me in your whole life you've never said or did something you regret, and that you're a better person now?
If you follow the band they are not racist, homophobic or sexist. The band also has a two black members, and a woman. Finally, they did have a song that illustrated what you said, but it was a long time ago, and they actually edited the song on future releases of it. People learn. Guns N Roses were a young band. You're telling me 18 year old you and 40 year old you is the same person? No, we mature. Cancel culture is toxic, it doesn't allow people to grow.

Finally speaking of sexist. AC/DC was a great selling pin, Aerosmith, Metallica, etc. were as well. JJP shouldn't fear cancel culture, its discouraging that the if you're loud and ignorant, you get to dictate where we go as a society. Lots of people casting stones and need to worry about themselves first. This whole cancel culture has ruined comedy, television, news, etc. People are all living in fear of offending someone else.

#1279 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Do you really think this is some random person? C'mon now - pretty clear on what's going on. It's like I can hear him out loud as I read these messages.
I'm totally bummed if GnR is really bumped for Toy Story. I get it though, great IP - but not something I would be interested in.

Just to address this for future, I have no idea who you think I am, but I'm not him/her. I heard kenada already, I actually never heard of that person. Never saw any of that persons posts. I have no idea what the history is there. However, I can confirm I am random and also I can confirm I will no longer post information I hear. I hear a lot and never post anything, but this particular issue angered me because the reasoning behind JJPs rumored decision, which I basically already addressed. I wanted people to know and fight for GnR release, I think its pathetic they are holding it back due to being scared or reception. All music pins have history and they all sell well. Just do it JJP.

P.S I knew people wouldn't believe my source/information, that is why I posted also about this Friday's Stern announcement, to validate that I know what I'm talking about. I also know what the announcement is, but holding that information back so I don't spoil Sterns surprise.

#1280 3 years ago

YEEEEEESSSSSS! I hope new boy's sources are correct. Bring on toy story and retheme gnr. It's like f'n Christmas in August!

#1281 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Just to address this for future, I have no idea who you think I am, but I'm not him/her. I heard kenada already, I actually never heard of that person. Never saw any of that persons posts. I have no idea what the history is there. However, I can confirm I am random and also I can confirm I will no longer post information I hear. I hear a lot and never post anything, but this particular issue angered me because the reasoning behind JJPs rumored decision, which I basically already addressed. I wanted people to know and fight for GnR release, I think its pathetic they are holding it back due to being scared or reception. All music pins have history and they all sell well. Just do it JJP.
P.S I knew people wouldn't believe my source/information, that is why I posted also about this Friday's Stern announcement, to validate that I know what I'm talking about. I also know what the announcement is, but holding that information back so I don't spoil Sterns surprise.

Love it! so glad you can confirm you're random too. This is great!

#1282 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

No real SPOILER, the respect part is I'm not telling the people WHY they decided to go that route.

Quoted from BallPin:

JJP shouldn't fear cancel culture

So which is it? Are you respecting JJP or telling everyone that it is being delayed due to the Cancel Culture?

#1283 3 years ago

Lots of beating around the bush, but are we saying the game is being delayed because of One in a Million??? A song that has existed for over 32 yrs?? Or is it something else in their catalog??

#1284 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Love it! so glad you can confirm you're random too. This is great!

Hmm. Kinda looks a bit like....?

Or someone being very deliberate to entice comparison.

b7f778c4ccc1b4a87177a6f9cfcc5dfd (resized).jpgb7f778c4ccc1b4a87177a6f9cfcc5dfd (resized).jpg
#1285 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Friday is your day of reckoning, Knock-off Kaneda. If your sources prove to be true I suggest you start a podcast.

20200820_105237 (resized).jpg20200820_105237 (resized).jpg
#1286 3 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Lots of beating around the bush, but are we saying the game is being delayed because of One in a Million??? A song that has existed for over 32 yrs?? Or is it something else in their catalog??

Thanks for posting that so I could look it up because otherwise I had no idea what was being referred to.

#1287 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Thanks for posting that so I could look it up because otherwise I had no idea what was being referred to.

Same and...yikes.

Personally wouldn’t affect me one way or the other over a purchase, but I can see why a company could get skittish.

#1288 3 years ago

What a huge mistake if GnR is not next. Wow...

#1289 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Really ?
)

Hard to believe (with all my respect)

I guess you are not working on flipper mech, switch, bumper...but specific game mechs. Or i don’t understand what is your job.

#1290 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Hmm. Kinda looks a bit like....?
Or someone being very deliberate to entice comparison.
[quoted image]

No doubt and I like the game. Shake it up a little bit.

#1291 3 years ago
Quoted from sandro:

GnR canceled!!!! Live PD canceled
Being a dude canceled!!#BLM

#1292 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Let me just remind JJP that GnR was the most profitable touring band in 2016 2017 and 2018.

Considering the lame state of music that makes sense. Are there even "touring bands" anymore. Seems to be all HipHop and computer generated real shitty pop music. Rockin

I think maybe they are in trouble with GnR because of the wait and general lack of enthusiasm as a result so lets push out a PL pin with a more universal theme right now. Its just disappointing, I may knock JJP because of theme's but that's mostly cause I know they make a better game in terms of stuff and quality and it sucks that the next pin from them isn't Predator or something Sci Fi with an edge. Damn.

#1293 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Live PD canceled

That sucks.

#1294 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hard to believe (with all my respect)

Your choice. Believe or not. No matter to me.

Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Or i don’t understand what is your job

Tech support. People stop into my arcade, call one of four phones, email, PM's here and on Facebook. I try to help them get their JJP ( and CGC ) games going once they have them and have questions or need help with the game.

I don't work at either factory, so I can't look out the door and see what is going on, or sit in on meetings. I found out about Willy Wonka here on Pinside two days before MGC. Just like everyone else. I didn't know anything about it before hand.

#1295 3 years ago

You have companies like Spooky putting out Rick and Morty but JJP sees GnR as too risky a theme.

Give me a break... If this is true, it is the first step to the company going under.

#1296 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

but JJP sees GnR as too risky a theme.

Nobody knows that. Unless JJP says so.

#1297 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

... If this is true...

And that's a big if with 0 facts behind what so ever.

#1298 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

You have companies like Spooky putting out Rick and Morty but JJP sees GnR as too risky a theme.
Give me a break... If this is true, it is the first step to the company going under.

You're getting upset about unconfirmed news, which the unconfirmed source won't even confidently state, about a game that the company hasn't even confirmed is coming. You need to pause for a sec and think about if this is worth getting worked up about.

#1299 3 years ago

Also IF....IF it were true, I don't know why THAT would be surprising at all since the idea of GNfR has been sort of opposed to JJP since we first heard the rumor

#1300 3 years ago

Can appreciate JJP wanting to protect their image, if this is true. JJP2 has new big investments to protect. Most any company will choose to go a safe direction in today’s environment. Toy Story is a safe direction. GNR was a theme chosen by the old JJP many years ago. Theme time horizons come and go. Agree with Lloyd on this one. Unless JJP states it, we don’t know, but rumors create interesting speculation.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 11,000.00
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 210.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,500 (OBO)
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/26?hl=zaphx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.