501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 69.
#1201 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

The same sources who were correct about the art, size, & timing of release.

If your talking Kaneda you’ve been badly misinformed.He has no way of knowing about Pat and Eric’s working relationship.This was Kaneda’s way of juicing a story.

#1202 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Shh, let JJP keep making expensive stop & go games. Leave the fast paced, fun, "cheap" games for Stern.

A Stern premium and JJP standard are about the same price. A JJP standard such as Wonka standard has more in it, higher quality animations / code, and better build quality then any Stern premium in my opinion. Then there's the $9k+ Stern LE's that are about the same price as a JJP LE but again doesn't come with as much.

There's a reason almost all Stern games are so fast paced...there's not a lot in a majority of them. Buttery smooth plastic ramps that return the ball directly to the flippers shouldn't be a highlight for $6k - $9k+ pin. Personally I want a game loaded with interactive toys and features at those prices as that is what justifies these all time crazy prices for me. Stern makes fun pins but they don't justify the price tag in my opinion.

#1203 3 years ago

Yeah that all sounds great on paper but I'm in it for the fun. Stern wins. Fanboy war! What else you gonna do on a Wednesday afternoon?

#1204 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yeah that all sounds great on paper but I'm in it for the fun. Stern wins. Fanboy war! What else you gonna do on a Wednesday afternoon?

It’s nice to have a choice,when it was just Stern there was none.The only reason Pins are as good today is because Jack stepped up the game!

#1205 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I'm in it for the fun. Stern wins.

You r correct sir.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There's a reason almost all Stern games are so fast paced...there's not a lot in a majority of them.

Exactly and they are more fun as a result. U old timers just can't handle the speed.

#1206 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

You r correct sir.

Exactly and they are more fun as a result. U old timers just can't handle the speed.

Oh I handle the speed JM,AC/DC Luci two of the fastest.The problem is they become monotonous quicker.Wonka and Dialed In are far from slow stop and go!

#1207 3 years ago

Is this a JJP bashing thread? Go back to the Stern threads guys. Jesus Christ.

#1208 3 years ago

Sorry, just yankin' yer chain. Pandemic boredom. I'll duck out now. Enjoy your teaser, rumors, or whatever this thread is about.

#1209 3 years ago

This thread is about nothing.

That's sad but true.

I waited and waited and waited and waited for JJP, waited for only a word, an announcement, a picture, a picture of a start button, but nothing, absolutely nothing.

AND now I bought an Elvira pin.

And in this case, Stern wins.

#1210 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

You r correct sir.

Flow at the sacrifice of interactive toys / features is overrated at today's crazy prices. I'm not paying $6k - $9k+ for a couple ramps, 2 orbits, and a single toy.

#1211 3 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

This thread is about nothing.
That's sad but true.
I waited and waited and waited and waited for JJP, waited for only a word, an announcement, a picture, a picture of a start button, but nothing, absolutely nothing.
AND now I bought an Elvira pin.
And in this case, Stern wins.

Why? You seem having bought this elvira out of spite.
It was so essential for you to spend this money? You waited 2-3 months and i guess how hard it was.

#1212 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm not paying $6k - $9k+ for a couple ramps, 2 orbits, and a single toy.

That's just what an old timer would say.
I get it but I never look at it via "bill of materials" with in reason of course, if I try it and like the game play I might buy it. Toys interactive or not mean nothing if the overall experience isn't there.

#1213 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Why? You seem having bought this elvira out of spite.

Maybe he wanted a new pin to play didn't want to wait anymore. Spite? that's just stupid.

#1214 3 years ago

I spent the money I had set aside as well. I'll wait for the used market at this point.

#1215 3 years ago

Dam you JJP I'm buying a lawn mower cause I Hate having this money in my pocket! Take that!

#1216 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's great, I'm glad you are enjoying Turtles. Personally I don't think a spinning pizza disk and little else is worth $6k. If I'm paying $6k - $9k + I want a pin that's loaded, with deep / unique code, high quality animations, top build quality, etc.

Well, I didn't pay 6K for Turtles Pro. Turtles has all of the things you mention. It just doesn't need a ton of toys to be fast and fun.

#1217 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Dam you JJP I'm buying a lawn mower cause I Hate having this money in my pocket! Take that!

Honda, four wheel drive, four wheel steering ?

Awesome machine. And great resale value when you need what's coming.

LTG : )

#1218 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Honda, four wheel drive, four wheel steering ?
Awesome machine. And great resale value when you need what's coming.

Yeah but I heard the Honda mower leave Dimples on your lawn!!! Not falling for that trick!!

#1219 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah but I heard the Honda mower leave Dimples on your lawn!!! Not falling for that trick!!

Nope. Honda is the most boring, but reliable car out there. Stern could use some QA

#1220 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Maybe he wanted a new pin to play didn't want to wait anymore. Spite? that's just stupid.

He wanted a new pin?
Then he has a lot of choice right now like Turtle, willy Wonka, JP, ....
He wanted the next (GNR) JJP? Then lets wait when ready. Money is not perishable or highly flammable in the wallet.

Payez vous des cours de sophrologie, relaxation, allez voir un psy si vous souffrez d’impatience severe.

#1221 3 years ago

And meanwhile I play Elvira.

Maybe I will buy the next two Sterns after Turtles, before JJP announce (and sell) GnR.

By the way. I already own a Wonka and a JP. Makes no sense to buy another one of them.
Turtles is not my theme.

However, I told it before, in this case, Stern wins. I will buy no GnR.

And I'm no fanboy or hater of anyone. Own pins from JJP, Stern and others. JJP has still to learn marketing strategies. How they do it now, they loose customers.

#1222 3 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

And meanwhile I play Elvira.
Maybe I will buy the next two Sterns after Turtles, before JJP announce (and sell) GnR.
By the way. I already own a Wonka and a JP. Makes no sense to buy another one of them.
Turtles is not my theme.
And I'm no fanboy or hater of anyone. Own pins from JJP, Stern and others. JJP has still to learn marketing strategies. So they loose customers.

There is no strategy, they will annonce the game when ready to do. As simple as it.

#1223 3 years ago

There is no strategy, they will annonce the game when ready to do. As simple as it.

So why had they posted this trailer three months ago?

#1224 3 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

To let people know that in spite of the move from NJ to Chicago. In spite of COVID. In spite of riots and protests in Chicago. That they are moving forward and want to build great games in the new factory for pinball lovers everywhere.

#1225 3 years ago

I like JJP games alot and owns most of their games, But it take way to long to get a new game to their customers and there is no way i will buy a Stern again.

#1226 3 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

To break stern turtles sales.
JJP is late to built their new game, for the reasons that everybody know.

#1227 3 years ago

To break stern turtles sales.
JJP is late to built their new game, for the reasons that everybody know.

And after the trailer.......... silence.........

I understand. Top strategy.........

#1228 3 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

And after the trailer.......... silence.........
I understand. Top strategy.........

Sorry, can’t help/save you.

#1229 3 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

Geduld ist ein Baum, dessen Wurzel bitter, dessen Frucht aber sehr süß ist.

#1230 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Translation:

Patience is a tree whose roots are bitter, but whose fruit is very sweet.

#1231 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

A Stern premium and JJP standard are about the same price. A JJP standard such as Wonka standard has more in it, higher quality animations / code, and better build quality then any Stern premium in my opinion. Then there's the $9k+ Stern LE's that are about the same price as a JJP LE but again doesn't come with as much.
There's a reason almost all Stern games are so fast paced...there's not a lot in a majority of them. Buttery smooth plastic ramps that return the ball directly to the flippers shouldn't be a highlight for $6k - $9k+ pin. Personally I want a game loaded with interactive toys and features at those prices as that is what justifies these all time crazy prices for me. Stern makes fun pins but they don't justify the price tag in my opinion.

If being honest, NONE of these pinball companies can justify the price tag they are charging us these days. We buy it because we love pinball...and most of us probably have an addition

#1232 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

If being honest, NONE of these pinball companies can justify the price tag they are charging us these days.

who knows ? Considering the very low production volumes, high complexity, months of design and development from (I assume) well paid employees, fix costs of a factory, not neglibible material/parts costs, inventory, distributor take, etc., I have always assumed the margins in pinball are not enormous.

Regarding material costs, wouldn't it be great to know the incremental costs of adding more features ? But, alas, each added feature is cutting into to that ever-shrinking margin, even if it's only a few dollars.

#1233 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

There is no patience left.

All my patience gets my Rick and Morty order
Here I have to wait another year for #612.

So no more patience left for other pins

#1234 3 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

There is no patience left.
All my patience gets my Rick and Morty order
Here I have to wait another year for #612.
So no more patience left for other pins

Adios Amigo we will miss you!

#1235 3 years ago

Money is not perishable or highly flammable in the wallet.

Wow are u naive. Its hard to keep money saved for a lot of people. Its also hard to want a new pin to play and have to wait with no info on release. What r u talking about?

#1236 3 years ago

It doesn't really matter if you just bought a TMNT with your GnR money. If GnR comes out and blows everyone away, you'll be selling your Turtles for a relatively minor loss (if you were smart about who you bought from and didn't buy a million dollars worth of hideous mods) and getting a GnR.

#1237 3 years ago

It’s Friday!!!!!!

#1238 3 years ago

Everyone is aware that a GNR pin would have GNR music right? That's gotta be a hard pass.

#1239 3 years ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

Everyone is aware that a GNR pin would have GNR music right? That's gotta be a hard pass.

lol, still waiting for that Justin Bieber pin?

#1240 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

lol, still waiting for that Justin Bieber pin?

Nope, just almost any rock music that doesn't include the most whiny, grating voice of all time.

I thought I could get by with any theme, but jjp has chosen one of the rare stinkers that I can never own... Now I have to wait a year for likely another recycled, outdated theme that very few give a damn about. Theme choice is a massive weakness for this company.

#1241 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Nope, just almost any rock music that doesn't include the most whiny, grating voice of all time.
I thought I could get by with any theme, but jjp has chosen one of the rare stinkers that I can never own... Now I have to wait a year for likely another recycled, outdated theme that very few give a damn about. Theme choice is a massive weakness for this company.

Heard they are coming out with Toy Story, so maybe Tim Allens voice is more your cup of tea.

#1242 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Heard they are coming out with Toy Story, so maybe Tim Allens voice is more your cup of tea.

It will be!

#1243 3 years ago

Heard from 2 reliable sources that JJPs next pin will NOT be GnR. Instead it will be Toy Story.

GnR is actually done and was scheduled to come out before Toy Story, but...well....that's all I can say.

#1244 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Heard from 2 reliable sources that JJPs next pin will NOT be GnR. Instead it will be Toy Story.
GnR is actually done and was scheduled to come out before Toy Story, but...well....that's all I can say.

If that's true, saves me some $$$$.

#1245 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

If that's true, saves me some $$$$.

Unfortunately my two sources are SUPER solid, they don't know each other, are both well connected and told me the same thing. The reason why its not the next pin is also really pathetic, so pathetic it makes me angry.

I really hope my two sources are wrong, but the fact they both told me the same thing, and the way they are connected, makes me believe they are right. Hoepfully JJP changes their mind, but looks like Toy Story is next.

#1246 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Unfortunately my two sources are SUPER solid, they don't know each other, are both well connected and told me the same thing. The reason why its not the next pin is also really pathetic, so pathetic it makes me angry.
I really hope my two sources are wrong, but the fact they both told me the same thing, and the way they are connected, makes me believe they are right. Hoepfully JJP changes their mind, but looks like Toy Story is next.

So you have no info to share but it’s solid. Gotcha.

#1247 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I have to respect that JJP doesn't want details public.

I will say this, I'll give you a general idea why JJP decided to release Toy Story before GnR. Toy Story is safer. Now you can interpret that in a few ways, get creative with it. Wish I could tell you more, but I have to respect JJP. I just hope JJP changes their mind and releases Guns N Roses. Also if JJP is somehow reading this, I want to say that Guns N Roses, could break up, you never know, and IP could be fought over again between members, and that could hold up your release, or change it if Axl decides he doesn't want certain members on the pin....so JJP, rethink your approach, and release Guns before all that Research and development was all wasted!

#1248 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

disregard I didnt see the other post.

#1249 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yes...PINSIDE

#1250 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Wish I could tell you more, but I have to respect JJP.

If you really respected JJP. You wouldn't have posted in two threads about this in the first place.

Lloyd

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 11,000.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.