501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 69.
#1151 3 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

Sounds like most of us here on Pinside

When people get a brand new in the box new game. Excitement comes into play too. Possibly forgetting everything.

I'm happy for them. I get to hear the excitement in their voices.

LTG : )

#1152 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Sounds kind of freaky-deaky but think I like it. it would work well and we’ll see if the idea takes hold or if it is already incorporated.

I just found out Magic Girl did this concept. That machine is beautiful and the most expensive pinball machine I've ever seen. I was thinking more LCD screen taking up the whole width of the cabinet.

#1153 3 years ago

I wonder if there is anyway to convince JJP that they will sell a great deal more if their pricing were to be more inline with the competition? I know people claim there is so much more in the machine and that argument could have been made preWW. $2,000.00 to $4,000.00 more across the lineup?

#1154 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I wonder if there is anyway to convince JJP that they will sell a great deal more if their pricing were to be more inline with the competition? I know people claim there is so much more in the machine and that argument could have been made preWW. $2,000.00 to $4,000.00 more across the lineup? Coils are a only a few dollars each.

If all you see different on a JJP game is "a couple coils", you should probably just stick to buying cheaper Sterns. And I am saying this as someome who really only has liked 1 JJP game so far...not some JJP fanboy.

#1155 3 years ago

I would love to hear some kind of definite news one way or the other.
I keep checking back periodically and quite frankly I’m getting bored with this thread.
I say this as someone who is genuinely interested in this title (GNR).
That said, times are strange and funds are not infinite. A purchase of this magnitude would call for some planning on my end and some notice or a glimps of things to come would be helpful.

#1156 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I keep checking back periodically and quite frankly I’m getting bored with this thread.
I say this as someone who is genuinely interested in this title (GNR).

That is where everyone messes up. I guarantee a new thread will be created as soon as a new game is announced.

TPN with Zach stated good news from JJP is coming in September. What part of the month was not mentioned.

#1157 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

If all you see different on a JJP game is "a couple coils", you should probably just stick to buying cheaper Sterns. And I am saying this as someome who really only has liked 1 JJP game so far...not some JJP fanboy.

I agree but heres the problem. That extra cost doesn't automatically mean its more fun to play. If it was I could see it and for alot of people I'm sure it is. I think JJP needs to downsize, concentrate on more streamlined game and have a model that can compete with the Stern Pro. I mean if they are making good money doing what they are doing then great, continue on. I wonder what POTC would look like if they had to make it with the Stern Pro budget? (take it easy fanboys just a thought) Obviously not as loaded but I think I would still enjoy it. I would prefer it with the rocking ship and canon. I like shot but don't any spinning pirates or colored lights and all that. Ah who cares.

#1158 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

TPN with Zach stated good news from JJP is coming in September. What part of the month was not mentioned.

It has been a tough crazy year, to say the least. No shows, only a couple new pins.

So knowing in two to six weeks there might be some excitement. I'm glad to have something to look forward too.

#1159 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I agree but heres the problem. That extra cost doesn't automatically mean its more fun to play. If it was I could see it and for alot of people I'm sure it is. I think JJP needs to downsize, concentrate on more streamlined game and have a model that can compete with the Stern Pro. I mean if they are making good money doing what they are doing then great, continue on. I wonder what POTC would look like if they had to make it with the Stern Pro budget? (take it easy fanboys just a thought) Obviously not as loaded but I think I would still enjoy it. I would prefer it with the rocking ship and canon. I like shot but don't any spinning pirates or colored lights and all that. Ah who cares.

POTC is like a modern Tz - probably one that packed won't be made again. But for me, it is very easy to see where the extra the money goes - the build quality and fun factor for all 5 JJP games are definitely way up there. I think Stern had their shot at POTC didn't they? Also, WW is a scaled-down game, isn't it? I think the standard is like $7k, and it still includes more stuff than a Stern Pro does. I have 1 Stern, which I paid JJP prices for (it's an LE), and IMO is their best game in years, but it's not even close to as complex as POTC, or DI or WOZ. It is as fun

#1160 3 years ago

What game is this that they are working on?

ADF1F446-837A-49A8-8D86-F7899932CCFF (resized).pngADF1F446-837A-49A8-8D86-F7899932CCFF (resized).png
#1161 3 years ago
Quoted from schwts:

What game is this that they are working on?
[quoted image]

Its Wonka. 100% Wonka.

#1162 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

If JJP made Pirates like a Stern Pro you can say goodbye to the large moving Pirate ship toy and say hello to a stationary chunk of metal with some cheap flat plastics attached to it representing the ship. Pass.

#1163 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If JJP made Pirates like a Stern Pro you can say goodbye to the large moving Pirate ship toy and say hello to a stationary chunk of metal with some cheap flat plastics attached to it representing the ship. Pass.

Toys do not equal fun. Turtles Pro is fairly spartan, with only the magnetic spinning pizza mech, yet it's fast and fun as hell, and has gotten way more play in my house than any other pin I've owned. My son's friends play it all the time, and they only occasionally played the other titles.

My local arcade owner bought a Pirates. He was all about how lavish it was. He sold it in under a year. It died on location.

Let's hope JJP knocks it out of the park with G&R in terms of mechs and fun.

#1164 3 years ago

Toys definitely equal fun. Without them all you have is loops, ramps, scoops and standups (and the occasional drop target) and these get boring fast. Toys give a game character and are an important factor in determining if it‘s just a fun game or a great game.

#1165 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Toys definitely equal fun. Without them all you have is loops, ramps, scoops and standups (and the occasional drop target) and these get boring fast. Toys give a game character and are an important factor in determining if it‘s just a fun game or a great game.

To me the toys are nice, but it's more about the shots, modes, code and LCD interaction.

#1166 3 years ago

Without the toys, all pinballs are two ramps, an orbit and a scoop.

#1167 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Quoted from Dan1733:

Without the toys, all pinballs are two ramps, an orbit and a scoop.

Two words - "Iron Maiden".

I think I've said all I need to say about that.

#1168 3 years ago

I'm not anti-toy or anti-mech at all! All I'm saying is that just because you put a bunch of them inside a game does not automatically make it more fun than another game with fewer toys. There are many factors to making a fun pinball game. That's kinda been JJP's issue for me. While their games are loaded, they aren't as fun as most Stern's are to play. I'm hoping they can truly bring both together on their next release. I want to see them do well.

#1169 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Especially given Pat Lawlor’s apparent jealousy of Eric was responsible for getting rid of the subway in GnR....you really think he’d let Eric upstage him again (pun intended!)??

Apparent according to who? Where does this rumor come from?

#1170 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Its the newest pre-meditated Pinside rumor

#1171 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Toys do not equal fun. Turtles Pro is fairly spartan, with only the magnetic spinning pizza mech, yet it's fast and fun as hell, and has gotten way more play in my house than any other pin I've owned. My son's friends play it all the time, and they only occasionally played the other titles.
My local arcade owner bought a Pirates. He was all about how lavish it was. He sold it in under a year. It died on location.
Let's hope JJP knocks it out of the park with G&R in terms of mechs and fun.

That's great, I'm glad you are enjoying Turtles. Personally I don't think a spinning pizza disk and little else is worth $6k. If I'm paying $6k - $9k + I want a pin that's loaded, with deep / unique code, high quality animations, top build quality, etc.

#1172 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's great. I'm glad Turtles Pro is fun. Personally I don't think a spinning pizza disk and little else is worth $6k.

Much more to turtles than just the toys. It’s a smash hit at my house. Stern gets a lot of crap but they make fun games. TMNT and JP are both very good.

Now let’s get back to JJP completely botching up this tease while the pinball establishment tries to defend them.

#1173 3 years ago

How is this thread still going? Still no reveal, no leaked info, no nothing? Can we rename the thread to the JJP perpetual rumor mill? I keep coming in thinking maybe something has changed. Still nope.

#1174 3 years ago

I just hope it ships before Punny Factory. JJP is dead in the water if that masterpiece hits distributors before GnR.

#1175 3 years ago

You mean like posts 939 and 1132 ?

#1176 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:If JJP made Pirates like a Stern Pro you can say goodbye to the large moving Pirate ship toy and say hello to a stationary chunk of metal with some cheap flat plastics attached to it representing the ship.

R u saying then it would cost the same as a Stern Pro cause I would have bought one without that ship. I don't like upper PF's, I don't need full color changing RGB or toys on the PF. I would like to see one model of the JJP games equal in price to the Stern Pro. That's all I'm saying and who knows that could be on the horizon.

#1177 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

R u saying then it would cost the same as a Stern Pro cause I would have bought one without that ship. I don't like upper PF's, I don't need full color changing RGB or toys on the PF. I would like to see one model of the JJP games equal in price to the Stern Pro. That's all I'm saying and who knows that could be on the horizon.

Just buy another Stern.Problem solved,everybody’s happy!

#1178 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Just buy another Stern.Problem solved,everybody’s happy!

I agree but there's no problem. What problem is it for me if JJP doesn't try to appeal to that individual who can't afford the high end stuff. I can, if JJP releases a pin with a theme I really like I'll buy it. It was simply a thought and I knew it would be misconstrued by really either u or Panzer but thats par for the course on any JJP thread.

#1179 3 years ago

I am the furthest one can be from JJP fanboy status.

But, even I'm curious what's next.

GNR would be their best theme yet IMO.

#1180 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I am the furthest one can be from JJP fanboy status.
But, even I'm curious what's next.
GNR would be their best theme yet IMO.

You have a JJP tattoo don't lie!!!!

#1181 3 years ago

Unapologetic fanboy here.

IMG_2363 (resized).jpegIMG_2363 (resized).jpeg
#1182 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

That should get you a discount on your next game!

#1183 3 years ago

JJP may make better quality games than others but with 5 games in 7 years is pretty much a joke.

#1184 3 years ago

Since this tread is the king of off topic conversation .How bout a lil Kate Beckinsale to put things in perspective !

EF91A4C8-5DD7-48B9-A1F5-478F5E07AD80 (resized).pngEF91A4C8-5DD7-48B9-A1F5-478F5E07AD80 (resized).png
#1185 3 years ago

I still think Underworld needs to happen

#1186 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Since this tread is the king of off topic conversation .How bout a lil Kate Beckinsale to put things in perspective !
[quoted image]

Okay that was not nice. Now I what topic am I reading? I got distracted.

#1187 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

Was yours filled with chloroform also? I believe that’s a new marketing promotion lol.

#1188 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Was yours filled with chloroform also? I believe that’s a new marketing promotion lol.

Not sure but I slept really hard last night and woke up with an empty bank account...

#1189 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not sure but I slept really hard last night and woke up with an empty bank account...

Oh, then that must have been the promo from the Sales department! Lol

#1190 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

You have beautiful eyes

#1191 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You have a JJP tattoo don't lie!!!!

Oh man. I have so much to say. But I’m old & tired. Lol

So I will just say Keefer is my favorite programmer & GNR is a cool theme.

#1192 3 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

You have beautiful eyes

This is not a dating site!

#1193 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

[quoted image]

Why would anybody lie in a hammock with such Shoes?
Fake!

#1194 3 years ago

1200 posts on a three month old 11 word JJP hype tweet. I love it.

#1195 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

I'm not anti-toy or anti-mech at all! All I'm saying is that just because you put a bunch of them inside a game does not automatically make it more fun than another game with fewer toys. There are many factors to making a fun pinball game. That's kinda been JJP's issue for me. While their games are loaded, they aren't as fun as most Stern's are to play. I'm hoping they can truly bring both together on their next release. I want to see them do well.

Interactive toys make a game stop and go. JJP need to alternate between stop and go games and games that are fast paced with fun rules

#1196 3 years ago

Shh, let JJP keep making expensive stop & go games. Leave the fast paced, fun, "cheap" games for Stern.

#1197 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Shh, let JJP keep making expensive stop & go games. Leave the fast paced, fun, "cheap" games for Stern.

I love the deep JJP rulesets with a gradient of easy, medium and difficult to reach goals. For us anyway they hold up for the long haul.

#1198 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

This is not a dating site!

Ha!

#1199 3 years ago

Leave the "cheap" games for Stern.

You got one thing right.

#1200 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The same sources who were correct about the art, size, & timing of release.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 11,000.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.