501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 69.
#1101 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It's worth pointing out that Multimorphic has ALREADY integrated online play, and several tournaments have been organised and streamed. Whatever your opinions of their previous games, it's clear they've raised the bar with Heist.
My JJP money is going there now. I'm not as interested in Guns or TMNT, but I am interested in games with deep rules and a lot of mechs... and Heist just blew me away. Packed playfield, the video screen integration, a million shots, great story integration, plus oh yeah, you can install new games for 1/4 the price of a NIB.

Have you played a P3 unit?

I agree with a lot of what you said, but playing them is much different than a standard pin. Rolling on glass......

#1102 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Sure have, and have built two games for the system thus far. One of which has internet connectivity used in a novel (for pinball) fashion.

Quoted from wesman:

but playing them is much different than a standard pin.

In what way? The fact that the ball can interact with anything at all on the lower 2/3 of the playfield? Mechs/lamps can also interact. It's extremely versatile.

Quoted from wesman:

Rolling on glass......

It does not have crazy spin or odd ball sliding that improper (restoration) clear coating or other playfield coverings have... ?

#1103 3 years ago

This "teaser" followed by nothing has exceeded even deeproot's failure at marketing and releasing information.

#1104 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Rolling on glass......

Just to clear up this misinformation...in a P3 the ball rolls on a normal clearcoated wooden playfield in the top 1/3, and plastic in the bottom 2/3. Clearcoat is technically a kind of plastic, so the lower surface is very similar to any other modern game out there (except it doesn't dimple, chip or ghost, can be cleaned more easily and is a fraction of the cost to replace if that is ever needed).

#1105 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I agree with a lot of what you said, but playing them is much different than a standard pin. Rolling on glass......

What glass? Nevermind, I see it was covered above

#1106 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What glass? Nevermind, I see it was covered above

As there’s really not much JJP to talk about have to say I agree with you on Heist. Played many games on it and they Really raised the bar on that game. Plays great, animations and spot on and improving quickly. Wasn’t sure on the platform offering at first but Heist for sure changes the game for Multimorphic.

#1107 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

This "teaser" followed by nothing has exceeded even deeproot's failure at marketing and releasing information.

Really?

Can you remind me which games Deeprout are available in his catalog?

#1108 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Really?

This^^^^^^

#1109 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As there’s really not much JJP to talk about have to say I agree with you on Heist. Played many games on it and they Really raised the bar on that game. Plays great, animations and spot on and improving quickly. Wasn’t sure on the platform offering at first but Heist for sure changes the game for Multimorphic.

Huge improvement, agreed! I just spent sometime studying the build process at the factory - the thing has as much in that back play field as GB! Add the crane and the screen, and it’s a whole new world. I do hope someone offers some additional software for the play field eventually - there’s so much available to program with.

And they haven’t even added the wizard mode yet apparently

#1110 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Really?

Strawman. You're comparing the company as a whole. I was just talking about the marketing and lack of release of information. :p JJP is clearly a better company than deeproot overall. I'm just talking about this whole teaser thing.

#1111 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Strawman. You're comparing the company as a whole. I was just talking about the marketing and lack of release of information. :p JJP is clearly a better company than deeproot overall. I'm just talking about this whole teaser thing.

I think Strawman’s comment is still valid. In the years that Deeproot have been building up to something, they showed one game at a show last year, said most everything in the game was not what would be released, and hasn’t said much since.

#1112 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I think Strawman’s comment is still valid. In the years that Deeproot have been building up to something, they showed one game at a show last year, said most everything in the game was not what would be released, and hasn’t said much since.

I don't even consider Deeproot a pinball company. Until they give solid communication and delivering product I don't have any interest in them at all.

While JJP could do better with the followup on the tease, they certainly have a good history of building and delivering amazing pins!

#1113 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Deeprout are way better to communicate, bla bla bla than building a game.

Ha ha ha ...Strawman.

#1114 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Can't say the marketing is worse than Deeproot. That's a really low bar and likely is much worse. However, it's super lame to throw something out there when you have nothing to back it up besides wanting some attention when your competitor trumps you. It's weak. It's disappointing and it continues to be embarrassing.

Anyone defending this move is simply part of the propaganda.

#1115 3 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Sure have, and have built two games for the system thus far. One of which has internet connectivity used in a novel (for pinball) fashion.

In what way? The fact that the ball can interact with anything at all on the lower 2/3 of the playfield? Mechs/lamps can also interact. It's extremely versatile.

It does not have crazy spin or odd ball sliding that improper (restoration) clear coating or other playfield coverings have... ?

I'm a little confused here. I was replying to RDoyle's post.

The game I played awhile back, for me personally, felt more akin to skidding than rolling. I felt that catching and flipping with the flippers and the surface material, didn't quite feel the same as a traditional game.

Quoted from solarvalue:

Just to clear up this misinformation...in a P3 the ball rolls on a normal clearcoated wooden playfield in the top 1/3, and plastic in the bottom 2/3. Clearcoat is technically a kind of plastic, so the lower surface is very similar to any other modern game out there (except it doesn't dimple, chip or ghost, can be cleaned more easily and is a fraction of the cost to replace if that is ever needed).

Sorry. Eek. Wasn't releasing a press statement here, regarding misinformation, just wasn't sure what the material was really.

I guess I know now..!

#1116 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I don't even consider Deeproot a pinball company. Until they give solid communication and delivering product I don't have any interest in them at all.

Agreed. Right now they've shipped as many games as the Predator guy.

#1117 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'm a little confused here. I was replying to RDoyle's post.
The game I played awhile back, for me personally, felt more akin to skidding than rolling. I felt that catching and flipping with the flippers and the surface material, didn't quite feel the same as a traditional game.

Seems to not be a problem any more - although I'll grant you it's not *exactly* the same as other games, just like my Wlliams games have different feeling flippers than Sterns, which have different feeling flippers than AP games...

#1118 3 years ago

Does it make sense that JJP was balls out on GnR and cannot release because GnR is waiting to release new album but need a tour started ?Seems to me this is logical and in that case they’ll be re running Wonka,Oz and Pirates.

#1119 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Does it make sense that JJP was balls out on GnR and cannot release because GnR is waiting to release new album but need a tour started ?Seems to me this is logical and in that case they’ll be re running Wonka,Oz and Pirates.

Curious what you mean by “JJP was balls out on GnR?” Technically, the company has not even confirmed that is the title nor named the next game. Just a Pinside speculation at this point.

#1120 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Does it make sense that JJP was balls out on GnR and cannot release because GnR is waiting to release new album but need a tour started ?

Nah, at this point GnR is timeless. You'd die waiting for Axl anyway.

#1121 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Does it make sense that JJP was balls out on GnR and cannot release because GnR is waiting to release new album

No.

#1122 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Curious what you mean by “JJP was balls out on GnR?” Technically, the company has not even confirmed that is the title nor named the next game. Just a Pinside speculation at this point.

Just meaning they only put a game out so often so they would have one going and one on deck that’s all I meant .If it was GnR n new music in it the Covid slammed door shut on that .I dunno shit just throwing it out there lmao

#1123 3 years ago

It could be that the art from the new album along with a song or two from the new album will be in the new GNR pin. Their hands might be tied until the new album is released because of licensing restrictions. It's a possibility.

#1124 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

It could be that the art from the new album along with a song or two from the new album will be in the new GNR pin. Their hands might be tied until the new album is released because of licensing restrictions. It's a possibility.

If that is the case or its art that needs to be approved etc. How about letting people know. I don't think its that anyway. They know GnR is for us old timers that grew up with the 80's 90's stuff, what if the new album sucks? Did anyone actually like Chinese Democracy? I thought it stunk and its doubtful they are gonna put out a classic at this point. All I need is Appetite and Illusion.

#1125 3 years ago

I hated Chinese Democracy for a long time but now I think it’s actually a decent album. I would love to see Shacklers Revenge in the game.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1126 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

This makes perfect sense. It wouldn't surprise me if Axel insisted on putting new material on the pin. How many times do you see an old band either live in concert or doing a special on TV(looking at you superbowl half time shows.) All you want is to hear songs from 20 years ago and they play 8 songs from the new album to start the concert.

#1127 3 years ago

I would be grateful for the BT-support for JJP POTC. BT-support was announced almost a year ago.
I think it might be the huge technological development, that they hinted in their video

#1128 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I would be grateful for the BT-support for JJP POTC. BT-support was announced almost a year ago.
I think it might be the huge technological development, that they hinted in their video

Literally any update at all would be welcome at this point.

#1129 3 years ago

I think we are close to seeing something. Jack Danger has something secret in his studio right now, and Kaneda just put his R&M up for sale. He's held fast to only having room for one pin, and he's also held fast to being over the moon for the upcoming GNR pin. Where there is smoke, there usually is fire.

#1130 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I think we are close to seeing something. Jack Danger has something secret in his studio right now, and Kaneda just put his R&M up for sale. He's held fast to only having room for one pin, and he's also held fast to being over the moon for the upcoming GNR pin. Where there is smoke, there usually is fire.

unless it's an deeproot game?

#1131 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

unless it's an deeproot game?

Not a Deeproot game.GnR CE will have all band members autographs!

#1132 3 years ago

Take it for what it it’s worth, but Kaneda said during a live stream yesterday that GNR is more than one level playfield, and that there was a subway system in it at one point but he heard it was removed from the game.

Also, supposedly 20 pre-production games have been built, and one is on its way to Australia. The idea is once the game is officially announced, there will be one in every major market for people to be able to play, I’m assuming at a distributor location.

#1133 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Not a Deeproot game.GnR CE will have all band members autographs!

Where are you getting that word on the autographs? Out of my price range, but cool if true.

#1134 3 years ago

TPN today!

#1135 3 years ago

81 days .... More rumors , nothing confirmed

#1136 3 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

I’m assuming at a distributor location.

No idea of time frame, game name, or anything.

I do hope one for a tech support location ( ie me ) so I can learn before the calls start.

LTG : )

#1137 3 years ago

As much as people love to hate Kaneda, he was right about GnR not being ready to show until closer to September (and that was back in late June). Hoping for a quick ship date after reveal.

#1138 3 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Take it for what it it’s worth, but Kaneda said during a live stream yesterday that GNR is more than one level playfield, and that there was a subway system in it at one point but he heard it was removed from the game.
Also, supposedly 20 pre-production games have been built, and one is on its way to Australia. The idea is once the game is officially announced, there will be one in every major market for people to be able to play, I’m assuming at a distributor location.

And when we don't have expo will they delay and again? Also removed from the game Are they hitting the same issues they had with pirates?

#1139 3 years ago

Here is my pipe dream list for GnR Pin
Back playfield is elevated stage playing field with LCD behind the back (behind a plexiglass) changing much like a Guns and Roses concert. Attached link to example. Ramps on the stage can me incorporated to ramps on the pinball playfield

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Guns-N-Roses-Not-In-This-Lifetime-Las-Vegas-November-2017.jpg

Would love to see a Dracula type set up like in Monster Bash, where slash comes out from behind stacked Amps and you need to hit him a few times before his solo is done.

Night train should be a bash toy that give the train whistle sound everytime its hit

Members elevate up from under the playfield to show up on stage, obviously Axl would be the last to come out, and they are bash toys. Collect all the members, much like MB, and their instruments.

#1140 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

. . . and Kaneda just put his R&M up for sale . . .

Wow! Didn't see that coming

#1141 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Here is my pipe dream list for GnR Pin
Back playfield is elevated stage playing field with LCD behind the back (behind a plexiglass) changing much like a Guns and Roses concert. Attached link to example. Ramps on the stage can me incorporated to ramps on the pinball playfield
https://www.udiscovermusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Guns-N-Roses-Not-In-This-Lifetime-Las-Vegas-November-2017.jpg
Would love to see a Dracula type set up like in Monster Bash, where slash comes out from behind stacked Amps and you need to hit him a few times before his solo is done.
Night train should be a bash toy that give the train whistle sound everytime its hit
Members elevate up from under the playfield to show up on stage, obviously Axl would be the last to come out, and they are bash toys. Collect all the members, much like MB, and their instruments.

As Steven Tyler would say, Dream On!

Especially given Pat Lawlor’s apparent jealousy of Eric was responsible for getting rid of the subway in GnR....you really think he’d let Eric upstage him again (pun intended!)??

#1142 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No idea of time frame, game name, or anything.
I do hope one for a tech support location ( ie me ) so I can learn before the calls start.

Calls what calls?

#1143 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Especially given Pat Lawlor’s apparent jealousy of Eric was responsible for getting rid of the subway in GnR....you really think he’d let Eric upstage him again (pun intended!)??

You don’t know shit about this game!

#1144 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Calls what calls?

Where is the back box key. How do I get the glass off. What software version is in my game.

Anytime a new game goes out. The basics light up the switch board. Many first time buyers, or people who forgot or don't know.

#1145 3 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Also, supposedly 20 pre-production games have been built, and one is on its way to Australia.

That's what I inferred when JJP very specifically posted that photo of Eric helping load a trailer to Australia. And that one in front had it's name stickered off too!

Early September debut..?

#1146 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Where is the back box key. How do I get the glass off. What software version is in my game.
Anytime a new game goes out. The basics light up the switch board. Many first time buyers, or people who forgot or don't know.

Just kidding Llyod

#1147 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You don’t know shit about this game!

You still mad that I know more than you!

#1148 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Well it would kind of be innovative to have the back wall of the playfield as an LCD screen behind plexiglass that plays images like a concert. Dude I would love that so much! Maybe only available in the LE, CE version. Oh man, that would totally rock. And I can see an elevated playfield in the back being a concert stage. GnR uses a train horn at their shows a lot, so I can see that being a sound added to the game on something that is hit. Excited to see what JJP will come up with, good thing I'm not on that team or the budget would be blown lol.

#1149 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Well it would kind of be innovative to have the back wall of the playfield as an LCD screen behind plexiglass that plays images like a concert. Dude I would love that so much! Maybe only available in the LE, CE version. Oh man, that would totally rock. And I can see an elevated playfield in the back being a concert stage. GnR uses a train horn at their shows a lot, so I can see that being a sound added to the game on something that is hit. Excited to see what JJP will come up with, good thing I'm not on that team or the budget would be blown lol.

Sounds kind of freaky-deaky but think I like it. it would work well and we’ll see if the idea takes hold or if it is already incorporated.

#1150 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Sounds like most of us here on Pinside

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 210.00
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/23?hl=freeplay3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.