501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 69.
#1051 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Even Stern has been giving notice of upcoming code releases, something they never used to do. That kind of communication is very much appreciated and generates some goodwill. if there are code updates in the works at JJP, why not communicate that.

1,000% agree. They've done that podcast and a couple other things - but if they're really changing stuff around they also don't want to jump the gun. I get it... POTC taught some lessons.

#1052 3 years ago

So, will Queen and Led Zep get released before the next teaser?

Place.

Your.

Bets.

#1053 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

JJP moved to a new factory during the worst pandemic to hit the US in 100 years. Those two items affect game development and production. Also, JJP games take significantly longer to complete then say Stern games as there's far more that goes into them (features, toys, code, etc). With JJP now being backed by a family that has a passion for pinball they may not care about rushing out a new game but rather making sure they get it right.

Sounds like a lot of excuses to me much if not most of the development can be done with a home office that is why JJP pulled off having employees in two cities for as long as they did. If you want to bring Stern into the picture Stern puts out 3 to 4 Stern titles a year plus 1 or two private titles JJP one title for every 5 or 6 Stern titles not including private titles

#1054 3 years ago

Also, just to be clear JJP released the "teaser" in the middle of the pandemic as well as their factory move. The teaser was a petty attempt to slow sales from Sterns TMNT, seems like nothing more...

#1055 3 years ago

It's tough to see, but these guys at JJP just don't have it together yet.
But hey, maybe we'll get some more Black Arrow Hobbits!

hat.gifhat.gif
#1056 3 years ago

Maybe JJP has to wait for the new GNR album to be released first?

#1057 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

JJP moved to a new factory during the worst pandemic to hit the US in 100 years.

Didn't American Pinball also move factories during this time? I believe it was just from one part of chicago to another. But would they not have had most of the same challenges, with setting up a new factory, re-staffing, supply chain. I think Spooky also moved.

Maybe the game is just not ready for the factory vs it being the factory that is the issue. But easier to blame the factory and covid. Regardless, certianly not even close to two games per year.

Heck seems spooky and AP have put out new titles at just about the same frequency.

#1058 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Maybe JJP has to wait for the new GNR album to be released first?

That’s probably it .Album,tour,Pinbsll...it didn’t go well when GnR went on tour for“ use your illusion “ if I remember right the album wasn’t out yet n people were livid attending shows .i was at a show early on in WI and remember not knowing who was on stage lmao

#1059 3 years ago

Maybe they are running POTC again

#1060 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That's nothing but excuses. Of course expect some delays, but not one picture yet or sneak peak of a feature? Just a 3 month teaser vid
Now I agree JJP games have much more going on but if Stern made a pin with all that going on it wouldn't take any longer than any of there other games.

Yeah good point. The only thing I can think of at this point is JJP wants to announce the game, and start shipping games immediately. It's possible JJP could have revealed the game months ago but then we would be waiting 6+ months like in the past for games to ship.

#1061 3 years ago

JJP just posted a video of Wonka on one of the lines in production at the new facility.

#1062 3 years ago

Rolling Rolling Rolling keep those dawggies rolling!

#1063 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

JJP moved to a new factory during the worst pandemic to hit the US in 100 years. Those two items affect game development and production. Also, JJP games take significantly longer to complete then say Stern games as there's far more that goes into them (features, toys, code, etc). With JJP now being backed by a family that has a passion for pinball they may not care about rushing out a new game but rather making sure they get it right.

but when does the passion for pinball people get over ruled by the money men?

#1064 3 years ago
Quoted from spoke:

Didn't American Pinball also move factories during this time? I believe it was just from one part of chicago to another. But would they not have had most of the same challenges, with setting up a new factory, re-staffing, supply chain. I think Spooky also moved.
Maybe the game is just not ready for the factory vs it being the factory that is the issue. But easier to blame the factory and covid. Regardless, certianly not even close to two games per year.
Heck seems spooky and AP have put out new titles at just about the same frequency.

Spooky and American both made local moves.

#1065 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

but when does the passion for pinball people get over ruled by the money men?

Yeah who knows. With JJP the owners are passionate about pinball and are financially backing the company. This isn't a situation where a private equity firm bought JJP and is driving profit above everything else at all costs. I don't think the JJP owners want to lose money but with that much wealth they may not care about maximizing profits in the same way as other companies.

#1066 3 years ago

I do not see the move to the new location directly at Stern as positive.
how many employees with some experience in assembly came to the new location - one
where should the new people have experience, the trouble in quality will increase.
all good people with experience work at Stern.

#1067 3 years ago

If their making $10.50 at Stern I’m paying $11.50 a hour JJP

#1068 3 years ago

I'm currently watching Better Call Saul, that and BB would make epic pins side by side, but in BCS he takes it upon himself to release a TV advert thinking his bosses will love it as the gamble paid off, but instead they were livid he went behind their backs. I'm thinking maybe a cocky member of marketing sauntered into work 3 months ago expecting a new office, pay rise and sore back from all the patting but instead is still cleaning the toilets as I type....

#1069 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

JJP just posted a video of Wonka on one of the lines in production at the new facility.

I have no doubt that is what they just shipped out

#1070 3 years ago

i bet JJP is happy about the thirst for news in this thread

#1071 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Those numbers are not even close and an extra $1.00 an hr is not going to do the trick of stealing employees

#1072 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr-Worf:

how many employees with some experience in assembly came to the new location

You mean ones you can't live without ? Like Pat, Ted, Keith, Eric, Joe, Wally, Jim, etc. ? They were already if Chicago. Except Jack. And he flies all over for new releases anyway.

You mean assembly line workers ? You can train new ones.

LTG : )

#1073 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Cook County/Minimum wage is $12

#1074 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Those numbers are not even close and an extra $1.00 an hr is not going to do the trick of stealing employees

Depends on the market. I've seen northern Indiana RV assembly line workers bail on one company for another for a dime an hour.

#1075 3 years ago
Screenshot_20200810-133448_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200810-133448_Chrome (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1076 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Depends on the market. I've seen northern Indiana RV assembly line workers bail on one company for another for a dime an hour.

Too funny and Absolutely true. I work with the beltway of trailer manufacturers across northern IN and with the majority being Amish laborers it doesn't take much to sway them. One of my buddies actually has a job picking up hoards of Amish laborers each day in a van and driving them to the plants. Makes great money actually...

#1077 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Too funny and Absolutely true. I work with the beltway of trailer manufacturers across northern IN and with the majority being Amish laborers it doesn't take much to sway them. One of my buddies actually has a job picking up hoards of Amish laborers each day in a van and driving them to the plants. Makes great money actually...

I'd be perfectly fine never having to see Nappanee again in this lifetime. What is funny is that we bailed on the more expensive Chicago labor market to exploit cheap northern Indiana labor, and now have learned that the skill gap is too big there. So it's off to Indy for the next move, I guess.

#1078 3 years ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

i bet JJP is happy about the thirst for news in this thread

I bet Stern is... People who had money burning a hole in the pocket waiting on the next JJP, are probably eyeing that new TMNT since it's available.

Not only do we not have any idea what GnR is going to look and play like, we don't even know if it's coming in 2020.

I'm tired of all the corner-cutting quality issues and blatant greed (JP topper, ST UV kit, etc) but I know if I want a new game, they have them at Stern.

I'd rather support JJP, or any other company for that matter (which is why I took a chance with Rick & Morty) but JJP doesn't exactly do a great job of driving the excitement needed to have me holding onto my money.

I think they hired one of those podcasters as their communications person, and so far, not much of anything going on.

If I'm JJP, I'm talking to the community. Giving them info on where things are, and what's ahead. Maybe even taking feedback/votes to see if people want a POTC to engage with fans and give them something to look forward to.

I fully respect and understand how hard COVID has been on everyone. Running my own company that is also involved in manufacturing, I know I had (and still have) many obstacles. But we kept an open dialogue with our customers, and it resulted in an even stronger community of supporters.

The person in charge of communications seems to really like pinball, but might lack common business sense. Maybe it's time to get the hands off the flippers, and put them on the keyboard.

#1079 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Maybe they are running POTC again

500 would be sold day 1. JJP hasn't shown themselves to be that smart though. They'll remake it, but its not happening right now.

#1080 3 years ago

Quick! someone take one of those 10+ Assembly Line Worker jobs at JJP and report back what's going on. Its the only way we'll get any news from them

#1081 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I'd be perfectly fine never having to see Nappanee again in this lifetime. What is funny is that we bailed on the more expensive Chicago labor market to exploit cheap northern Indiana labor, and now have learned that the skill gap is too big there. So it's off to Indy for the next move, I guess.

Best of luck with your hunt. I find Columbus Indiana and Bloomington has a hot bed of Very talented and productive labor pools. Fort Wayne is still ok but N Indiana in general is still tough to find groups of qualified labor.

#1082 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

The person in charge of communications seems to really like pinball, but might lack common business sense. Maybe it's time to get the hands off the flippers, and put them on the keyboard.

I'm guessing it's not their say, and that they might be as frustrated as we are in this situation.

This still seems to boil down to NOT repeating the errors of POTC. Have kinks fully worked out prior to announcement, and also have stock ready to ship, prior to announcement. Clearly one or both of those measures are not in place. (Guessing it's the latter.)

#1083 3 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Quick! someone take one of those 10+ Assembly Line Worker jobs at JJP and report back what's going on. Its the only way we'll get any news from them

Lmao....I would but not retired yet long way to go!

#1084 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Now I agree JJP games have much more going on but if Stern made a pin with all that going on it wouldn't take any longer than any of there other games.

Bologna has a first name.

#1085 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Well then why don’t you enlighten us Edison.

#1086 3 years ago

45 new posts ...
Still no news

#1087 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You mean ones you can't live without ? Like Pat, Ted, Keith, Eric, Joe, Wally, Jim, etc. ? They were already if Chicago. Except Jack. And he flies all over for new releases anyway.

Quoted from LTG:

yes exactly i mean the workers on the assembly line.
the workers also need a longer time to know what they are assembling (not just a piece of metal that you skin on but work carefully and cleanly without placing a lamp incorrectly or simply placing the screwdriver on the playfield and getting damaged or wrong cables / too short.
The devices are not only for exhibitors but also for collectors who have to save and work a long time to buy such a device and who look forward to a problem-free device.
I just wanted to say that the people from the band who have now built 3-4 JJP and have gained experience are no longer there and everything starts from the beginning

#1088 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Take note what is said at the end of this vid..

"Soon, online pinball machines will let players compete across the globe" (since no one seems to be acknowledging this).

Both Stern + JJP have been hinting at online multiplayer for a while, kind of a bummer they didn't actually get some kind of beta out to capitalize on the lack of in-person competition right now. I would love some sort of head-to-head challenge mode for my Hobbit... I personally think doing a full 3 ball game against someone you can't see would be kinda dry, but if there was a way to launch right into a mode, and race the other player to finish the mode first or something, that could be very cool.

Just daydreaming.

#1089 3 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

"Soon, online pinball machines will let players compete across the globe" (since no one seems to be acknowledging this).

Started on the 5th post of this thread and everywhere in between

#1090 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr-Worf:

yes exactly i mean the workers on the assembly line.

The majority of temps who come in when games are on the line.

None of the manufacturers keep them around until production starts.

When Stern moved to the new building, they lost a lot of the temps because travel way across Chicago wasn't worth it.

So after the line is set up for the next game, parts in place, story boards in place. First few test games made. Then the hiring or rehiring starts. So there is a turn over on new people at every manfacturer.

#1091 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Started on the 5th post of this thread and everywhere in between

Ah, I thought all the online multiplayer talk was just speculation, figured it was interesting to hear it actually confirmed as 'coming soon' in a JJP video but I may have missed something. Do you have a link to any other info about it?

#1092 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Well then why don’t you enlighten us Edison.

You already have been read the thread

#1093 3 years ago

Breaking News: Axl is still a fat, annoying, egomaniac!

You heard it here first!

#1094 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

You already have been read the thread

Jackass

IMG_0613 (resized).PNGIMG_0613 (resized).PNG
#1095 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Jackass
[quoted image]

Read post 1075 Einstein

#1096 3 years ago

I have a lot of respect for JJP and Ken Cromwell.
Great job by the way Ken. Well done for keeping your cool with all us anxious pin heads. Keep the podcast coming please.

I'm sure the whole JJP team is doing their best during this difficult time.
GnR is the first JJP that I really want. I'm happy to wait patiently for a product that will outclass any Stern and is built to the highest possible standard.

Some pinsiders may like to consider taking a deep breath, be grateful for what you have and let the new JJP release run its course.

#1097 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Some pinsiders may like to consider taking a deep breath, be grateful for what you have and let the new JJP release run its course.

No

#1098 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

45 new posts ...
Still no news

Watch for newly created threads for release.

#1099 3 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Both Stern + JJP have been hinting at online multiplayer for a while, kind of a bummer they didn't actually get some kind of beta out to capitalize on the lack of in-person competition right now. I would love some sort of head-to-head challenge mode for my Hobbit... I personally think doing a full 3 ball game against someone you can't see would be kinda dry, but if there was a way to launch right into a mode, and race the other player to finish the mode first or something, that could be very cool.
Just daydreaming.

It's worth pointing out that Multimorphic has ALREADY integrated online play, and several tournaments have been organised and streamed. Whatever your opinions of their previous games, it's clear they've raised the bar with Heist.

My JJP money is going there now. I'm not as interested in Guns or TMNT, but I am interested in games with deep rules and a lot of mechs... and Heist just blew me away. Packed playfield, the video screen integration, a million shots, great story integration, plus oh yeah, you can install new games for 1/4 the price of a NIB.

#1100 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, will Queen and Led Zep get released before the next teaser?
Place.
Your.
Bets.

Yep, I think we see two more Stern machines this year and one very soon and the other oct/nov.
Will they both beat GNR to the market? One will for sure and the other I’m going to wager will be very close.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 11,000.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/22?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.