501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 69.
#1001 3 years ago

1000 posts and still no news... Incredible!

#1002 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I used to be down on GNR because I’m not a band pin guy. But then I thought about it - I’m not a WOZ, Wonka or Pirates guy either and those games are all amazing to me.
So, I’m prepared to look past theme if the gameplay is there. And with Eric I fully expect it will be.

Eric will bring it. The only downer is it's not a widebody.

#1003 3 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

We still have looking ways to go until we beat Deeproot thread !

#1004 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

We still have looking ways to go until we beat Deeproot thread !

Not exactly the best group to be compared to. But yeah, JJP is no where near that bad...

#1005 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

What company has ever been rewarded on pinside for showing pictures before the game is ready to release?

That's a great reason. Lets not show any pictures and create some excitement, lets not possibly get some pinsiders to wait on buying something else cause they just fell in love with the look of GnR. Come on man.

#1006 3 years ago

It’s Saturday!!!!

#1007 3 years ago

Not showing something is a bad move. Give us something to see. A small pic. It’s been 16 months since Wonka. Stern will release another pin after TMNT before we see GNR.

#1008 3 years ago

If JJP hits a home run they’re still down 8 runs in the bottom of the 9th.

#1009 3 years ago

Axl probably hasn't signed off on it yet.

#1010 3 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

I just saved a bunch of time skipped through 18 pages.

#1011 3 years ago

I'll wait another 16 months if it somehow guarantees I won't have to fix half of the machine when it's unboxed. I understand some tweaking here and there, but some of the repairs I've had to do myself, or pay a professional for, have been insane... for a 10k purchase that is.

#1012 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

I'll wait another 16 months if it somehow guarantees I won't have to fix half of the machine when it's unboxed. I understand some tweaking here and there, but some of the repairs I've had to do myself, or pay a professional for, have been insane... for a 10k purchase that is.

Which game was that ?

#1013 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Which game was that ?

Probably the biggest hassle has been Hobbit. It was delivered with ramp entrance flaps that were the wrong steel. Caused them to fold up and make the game nearly unplayable. Repair involved taking the entire ramp assemblies off, and rivoting shit which I didn't have the means to do. Then the Smaug mouth no longer works. Pretty involved repair that I just said screw it and didn't do. Then there were issues with the rollovers... Issues with the beast mechs falling apart... Drop target assembly springs broken and breaking... Other stuff I can't recall off the top of my head. PoTC had it's fair share of issues too. Way too much to type, you can read entire threads about that. HOWEVER, even with all that. Still some of my fav games. Stern isn't much better. Had major issues with the Trex head for JP. They forgot a screw during the build and has to take it completely apart to figure it out. Hopefully that provides just a few examples to illustrate my point haha

#1014 3 years ago

I know it’s not now but I really hope JJP in the future will take a shot at SW.The title needs to be a deep coded widebody packed with the story.I like the last one from stern as a stand alone space battle but It just doesn’t give SW what it deserves .Star Wars needs to be a must have, never sell top 10 pin !! Is anyone with me on this ?

#1015 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I know it’s not now but I really hope JJP in the future will take a shot at SW.The title needs to be a deep coded widebody packed with the story.I like the last one from stern as a stand alone space battle but It just doesn’t give SW what it deserves .Star Wars needs to be a must have, never sell top 10 pin !! Is anyone with me on this ?

As it’s been done 3-4 times already I suspect they would be more interested in a more recent license especially with the new Disney cost associated. I wouldn’t hold your breath on that wish.

#1016 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I love Star Wars, but I'm just tired of them constantly making SW pins. How many are there now? Seven or eight? There are so many other cool properties they could make pins of. I think it's time to stop with the SW pins and come out with others people have been demanding for a long time...like JAWS, for example.

#1017 3 years ago

I hear ya it’s just I’ve played most of them and would never buy one for home .Im up for new themes for sure .Jaws would be cool if well done .Would love a exorcist or shining ! I just got into Pinbsll early this year I couldn’t imagine the wait times of early 2000s.Seems a lot to chose from now so can’t complain at all .

#1018 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I hear ya it’s just I’ve played most of them and would never buy one for home .Im up for new themes for sure .Jaws would be cool if well done .Would love a exorcist or shining ! I just got into Pinbsll early this year I couldn’t imagine the wait times of early 2000s.Seems a lot to chose from now so can’t complain at all .

I agree. I've played many of the SW games on location and have never been impressed enough to buy one. And now, I usually skip the SW games when I'm at a location and go straight for others. It's too bad because, like I said, I really enjoy the movies a lot.

#1019 3 years ago

I’m a huge fan of JJP games, but I’m really struggling to understand what’s been happening there. Other manufacturers all are getting games out, but not JJP. I understand the move may have slowed them, but that’s not good planning as they should not have shut the Lakewood facility until the Elk Grove facility was active. All these job postings I see makes me wonder just how far off track things are. I’m a buyer of GnR, if that is next, but it’s pretty disappointing to have no updates at all, just pics of wonka. Revenue must be way down at this point.

#1020 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

they should not have shut the Lakewood facility until the Elk Grove facility was active.

Well yeah, hind sight is 20-20.

How the hell can you plan for the country being shut down 3 weeks after you start the move ?

Everything you were counting on. Assembly line, walls, wiring, office furniture, waste baskets, heat, air, everything imaginable you need. Can be delayed beyond belief.

Not to mention a steady supply line of all the parts you need to make 500 or 1,000 games and keep the line moving.

Other manufacturers have their hands full too. Behind the scenes things you don't know about.

LTG : )

#1021 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

How the hell can you plan for the country being shut down 3 weeks after you start the move ?
Everything you were counting on. Assembly line, walls, wiring, office furniture, waste baskets, heat, air, everything imaginable you need. Can be delayed beyond belief.
Not to mention a steady supply line of all the parts you need to make 500 or 1,000 games and keep the line moving.
Other manufacturers have their hands full too. Behind the scenes things you don't know about.

Other manufacturers seems to be functioning and dealing with similar issues to varying degrees. I have no doubt there are challenges (many I am unaware of like you said), but what was the plan when they started the move? Was GnR getting ready for production? Are we three months out, 6 months out? Maybe I shouldn’t even care...but I do. Like I said, I’m a buyer, but I also need to plan space and cash so some info on timing would be helpful.

#1022 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Such a foolish company. How could you Not have an assumed Global Pandemic 3 month World wide shut down in your business plan? Lol. Here’s hoping the Next world catastrophe they are Ready. Routed social networking games are in high demand now and they are missing the massive line of buyers!

#1023 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Such a foolish company. How could you Not have an assumed Global Pandemic 3 month World wide shut down in your business plan? Lol. Here’s hoping the Next world catastrophe they are Ready. Routed social networking games are in high demand now and they are missing the massive line of buyers!

That isn’t the point and you know it. It’s been 5 months since this started, other manufacturers have produced games, albeit slowly. Even if there wasn’t a pandemic, did they plan to just shut down Lakewood and move to Elk Grove without Elk Grove not running at all, just an empty warehouse. I have no idea what’s going on, that’s why I’m asking and what this thread is about.

#1024 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

That isn’t the point and you know it. It’s been 5 months since this started, other manufacturers have produced games, albeit slowly. Even if there wasn’t a pandemic, did they plan to just shut down Lakewood and move to Elk Grove without Elk Grove not running at all, just an empty warehouse. I have no idea what’s going on, that’s why I’m asking and what this thread is about.

It’s all good. In the bigger picture it is just a game with minimal life concerns so hopefully soon they will present the completed game.

#1025 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

It’s all good. In the bigger picture it is just a game with minimal life concerns so hopefully soon they will present the completed game.

Then why is everyone on here, b.s.ing most days about games?

It's an outlet. An outlet from the doldrums, the bills (ironically), the routine of work, driving to work, back home again, etc. And with sporting events, concerts, many venues closed to patrons, looking outward becomes more and more important for many.

Besides, JJP boldly stated over a year ago, 2 games per year was their target. 15 months later, and 1 have been produced. This talk came long, loooong before the pandemic was even known of, yet alone present and then omnipresent in this country.

Besides...besides, having customers hungry, lined up, and frustrated is much better than having no customers at all.

For me personally, I'd love Eric's second game, but can't really find the space or money for it. I am bursting at the seams with enthusiasm to see it, but feel forlorn about the idea of being able to own it.

#1026 3 years ago

I know I joke it’s fun but I’d bet my bottom dollar they will knock whatever’s coming out outta the park ! Seems JJP has not had a dud yet I wouldn’t expect one now .Im on the sidelines as far as new games I’m working on getting my 2 boys they’re machines they want I’m just hoping whatever they put out it ends up at Wizard World pincade as it’s near our camper and we go there a lot .90 pins and last I was there they were in the middle of buying storefront next door with a goal of adding another 100. I’m really glad to have that place as a option to go to .

#1027 3 years ago

Anyone else think it's probably a wise business decision for JJP to get POTC back on the line seeing that it's their most popular game, and the demand is more than there. With GnR, there are still loads of variables that will determine if it's a financial success for them, and games like Wonka probably aren't flying out of the warehouse.

COVID has to have had impact on their finances, as it has for most of the world, so just seems like a no-brainer that they would put this game out not only to get some cash flowing in, but to also appease the huge number of fans that have been chomping at the bit for this one.

#1028 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Anyone else think it's probably a wise business decision for JJP to get POTC back on the line seeing that it's their most popular game, and the demand is more than there. With GnR, there are still loads of variables that will determine if it's a financial success for them, and games like Wonka probably aren't flying out of the warehouse.
COVID has to have had impact on their finances, as it has for most of the world, so just seems like a no-brainer that they would put this game out not only to get some cash flowing in, but to also appease the huge number of fans that have been chomping at the bit for this one.

That’s the only game I’d stretch for .I can’t pay the huo prices as they sit I just can’t .It would make sense to re release expecially if they’re not completly ready for new release for whatever reason .I would prolly do something stupid if they did re release .

#1029 3 years ago

When you look up "innovation," the Urban Dictionary definition suits JJP much better than the English dictionary version.

Maybe that's why it's taking so long to reveal?
20200808_180526 (resized).jpg20200808_180526 (resized).jpg

#1030 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I love Star Wars, but I'm just tired of them constantly making SW pins. How many are there now? Seven or eight? There are so many other cool properties they could make pins of. I think it's time to stop with the SW pins and come out with others people have been demanding for a long time...like JAWS, for example.

#1031 3 years ago
Quoted from Charger68:

Axl probably hasn't signed off on it yet.

I’m sure he’ll be a dick about it.

#1032 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

That’s the only game I’d stretch for .I can’t pay the huo prices as they sit I just can’t .It would make sense to re release expecially if they’re not completly ready for new release for whatever reason .I would prolly do something stupid if they did re release .

You're not the only one. I've said I'm done with NIB, but if POTC was reissued, I might have to be a hypocrite.

If they don't make more of these, they're missing a huge opportunity to make some bank, and also, to get their hottest game out to more people, which in turn, creates more positive discussion about JJP games.

I just don't see how they're not filling the current radio silence with something like this. Even if GnR comes out, and it's great, it's still only one game that we'll be talking about for the next year.

Why not shake off some ring rust with an insta-buy like POTC, and then hit us all with GnR. Every other company is capturing attention with news and releases, and JJP is sitting on a homerun.

I just don't understand their business.

#1033 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Well, we know nothing about jjp planning without covid. so we still don’t know more with covid.
I mean taking into account the move maybe jjp was planning to reveal GNR or next game only In September. Then with covid, it will be more likely in November-december.

#1034 3 years ago

You're not the only one. I've said I'm done with NIB, but if POTC was reissued, I might have to be a hypocrite.
If they don't make more of these, they're missing a huge opportunity to make some bank, and also, to get their hottest game out to more people, which in turn, creates more positive discussion about JJP games.
I just don't see how they're not filling the current radio silence with something like this. Even if GnR comes out, and it's great, it's still only one game that we'll be talking about for the next year.
Why not shake off some ring rust with an insta-buy like POTC, and then hit us all with GnR. Every other company is capturing attention with news and releases, and JJP is sitting on a homerun.
I just don't understand their business.

Willy wonka is still their last current game.
Don’t know how good it is (never played it as potc).
the engineering troubles with some mechs on potc (with those i met on my DI) ruined my jjp experience.
Ready to go with a GNR or toy story but jjp needs to be good, make reliable their games and not cutting cool ideas/mechs.
Lets take their time if they can and need it, there is no hurry from my side.

#1035 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I can verify this. The supply chain for all SORTS of things are delayed months. We are putting on an addition to the house, and I've been waiting 4 weeks to install doors and windows. The windows are complete, but the distributor has a backlog in the LOCKS so they are just sitting there (along with a ton of others, I'm sure) waiting for installation. We also had an entire heat pump delivered, but it was the wrong model, intended for another customer elsewhere. Then they lost it, so another 2 weeks. I totally believe JJP is working and ready but waiting for stuff. I really hope
That gets worked out soon, I really want to see them come roaring back.

#1036 3 years ago

A little slow with details jjp, heres some entertainment to pass the time while we wait

#1037 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

A little slow with details jjp, heres some entertainment to pass the time while we wait

This game must include Slash’s extended guitar solo in November Rain, right???

#1038 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Blaming a long wait for a JJP game to come out on Covid that's funny. Long waits are what JJP does they do not run smoothly and do not put out games in a timely manner

#1039 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

JJP boldly stated over a year ago, 2 games per year was their target.

JJP has been saying 2 games a year sense TH

#1040 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Willy wonka is still their last current game.
Don’t know how good it is (never played it as potc).
the engineering troubles with some mechs on potc (with those i met on my DI) ruined my jjp experience.
Ready to go with a GNR or toy story but jjp needs to be good, make reliable their games and not cutting cool ideas/mechs.
Lets take their time if they can and need it, there is no hurry from my side.

I had loads of issues with my Dialed In, but I had it far worse withy Jurassic Park LE. Still dealing with Stern and working out issues with it now, almost a year out!

POTC could probably use a little tweaking, but if they improve reliability a bit, there is absolutely no reason I can think of for why they would not rerelease this title.

#1041 3 years ago

And who is doing communications for JJP?

Stern is killing it with updates and new products, and over at JJP... Crickets!

People staying home, looking for new ways to entertain themselves and their family, and barely a peep from JJP.

Whoever is on communications there needs to maybe look at Stern and get some ideas.

#1042 3 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Meh, the deeproot thread crushes this lol.

#1043 3 years ago

I’m just going to pretend that the boxes in the pic being loaded up by Eric Are all POTC’s with a commemorative disk that spins counter clockwise as a tribute to the land down under.

I even stretched the pic in photoshop so they appear to be widebodies.

#1044 3 years ago

People staying home, looking for new ways to entertain themselves and their family, and barely a peep from JJP.
Whoever is on communications there needs to maybe look at Stern and get some ideas.

If they get nothing to communicate without revealing (even some clues) their next game then they don’t communicate.
This is a special year, especially JJP with their move, they tried to brake the entertainment of next stern game with the teaser but i guess they do as they can with much more limited means. We are less demanding with others manufacturers.

#1045 3 years ago

Take note what is said at the end of this vid..

#1046 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Blaming a long wait for a JJP game to come out on Covid that's funny. Long waits are what JJP does they do not run smoothly and do not put out games in a timely manner

JJP moved to a new factory during the worst pandemic to hit the US in 100 years. Those two items affect game development and production. Also, JJP games take significantly longer to complete then say Stern games as there's far more that goes into them (features, toys, code, etc). With JJP now being backed by a family that has a passion for pinball they may not care about rushing out a new game but rather making sure they get it right.

#1047 3 years ago

Yeah JJP has been radio silent when it comes to game code updates. A new JJP game code update hasn't been released in 6+ months...That type of time gap between code releases is unusual for JJP. We know they have been working on WiFi updates for a while but there has to be something more there. I think JJP has been waiting to release code updates for multiple titles until whatever they are working on (new game, platform upgrade, etc) is complete.

#1048 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah JJP has been radio silent when it comes to game code updates. A new JJP game code update hasn't been released in 6+ months...That type of time gap between code releases is unusual for JJP. We know they have been working on WiFi updates for a while but there has to be something more there. I think JJP has been waiting to release code updates for multiple titles until whatever they are working on (new game, platform upgrade, etc) is complete.

Over a year for POTC...

#1049 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Even Stern has been giving notice of upcoming code releases, something they never used to do. That kind of communication is very much appreciated and generates some goodwill. if there are code updates in the works at JJP, why not communicate that.

#1050 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

JJP moved to a new factory during the worst pandemic to hit the US in 100 years. Those two items affect game development and production. Also, JJP games take significantly longer to complete then say Stern games as there's far more that goes into them (features, toys, code, etc). With JJP now being backed by a family that has a passion for pinball they may not care about rushing out a new game but rather making sure they get it right.

That's nothing but excuses. Of course expect some delays, but not one picture yet or sneak peak of a feature? Just a 3 month teaser vid
Now I agree JJP games have much more going on but if Stern made a pin with all that going on it wouldn't take any longer than any of there other games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 210.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
8,400 (OBO)
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/21?hl=chuckcasey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.