501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 69.
#951 3 years ago

Ok so we see some men at work,
Shipping pins to australia...

Mind wanders of..........

#952 3 years ago

Wow great song,Men at work had a few big hits and then they were gone

#953 3 years ago

Colin Hay (lead singer) has released several excellent solo albums and still tours (well, not right now)

#954 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Wonka is a huge sleeper hit!!!!Great game!

My favorite JJP so far but haven’t played Pirates or Hobbit

#955 3 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

Colin Hay (lead singer) has released several excellent solo albums and still tours (well, not right now)

He was also a guest on the Larry Sanders Show.

#956 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Dude,do you work with or for JJP?You seem to be well informed.

You could always just drop Paul at pinballsales an email and ask him to clear it up in one shot. He is after all the only authorised JJP distributor in Australia.

https://pinballsales.com.au/

Quoted from JY64:

No it does not show that things are up and running although I believe that they are. The 30 units could just as well been games they had in their inventory that was needed by a distributor.

One thing is for certain is that it's good to see that JJP sales are already on the rise down here with the new domestic distributor structure.

And I can also say there is at least one Wonka in that container load - mine.

#957 3 years ago

I keep coming back here hoping there is some good news (or any news) from JJP,.. but NOPE.

This thread is crazy. Over 950 posts. I bet 90% of them have nothing to do with the OPs title. Including this post...

#958 3 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

You could always just drop Paul at pinballsales an email and ask him to clear it up in one shot. He is after all the only authorised JJP distributor in Australia.
https://pinballsales.com.au/

One thing is for certain is that it's good to see that JJP sales are already on the rise down here with the new domestic distributor structure.
And I can also say there is at least one Wonka in that container load - mine.

Congratulations on your Wonka are you getting the SE or LE?Whichever you’ll love it!

#959 3 years ago

Tom Hanks left in a fed ex plane ,tought himself dentistry , made a lifelong friend ,grew a beard down to his knees ,learned to catch fish with a spear ,then got rescued came home logged into this tread and never skipped a beat !

#960 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Tom Hanks left in a fed ex plane ,tought himself dentistry , made a lifelong friend ,grew a beard down to his knees ,learned to catch fish with a spear ,then got rescued came home logged into this tread and never skipped a beat !

"WILSONNNNN"

#961 3 years ago

What was the date Willy Wonka was released? I’m sure it’s been over 16 months correct?

#962 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

What was the date Willy Wonka was released? I’m sure it’s been over 16 months correct?

At MGC April 12th to 14th. I don't recall which night.

New Jim Patla interview.

https://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/id/15464168

Things are moving forward.

LTG : )

#963 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

At MGC April 12th to 14th. I don't recall which night.
New Jim Patla interview.
https://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/id/15464168
Things are moving forward.

So I was correct. 16 months ago. . I thought we were seeing 2 pins a year or atleast 1 pin every 10 months or so.

#964 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

You forgot about him delivering his um package at the end

#965 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I thought we were seeing 2 pins a year or atleast 1 pin every 10 months or so.

That was the plan. Things changed in NJ. Change in ownership. The time lost flying people from Chicago to NJ and back every time something came up. Etc. Etc.

Then the decision was made to move all under one roof in Chicago. So designers and engineers can step onto the factory floor and deal with things instead of hopping on a plane.

So start the move. Then a huge unforseen like COVID appears and shuts down literally everything you need. People, setting up the factory, keeping a steady supply of parts to assemble games, etc. etc.

They are working hard towards their goal to make games and make more than one a year. In the most trying times the industry has ever faced.

The factory is moving along. They are hiring more people. I don't know how long this will all take in these crazy times. I am confident they will be successful in their plans.

#966 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That was the plan. Things changed in NJ. Change in ownership. The time lost flying people from Chicago to NJ and back every time something came up. Etc. Etc.
Then the decision was made to move all under one roof in Chicago. So designers and engineers can step onto the factory floor and deal with things instead of hopping on a plane.
So start the move. Then a huge unforseen like COVID appears and shuts down literally everything you need. People, setting up the factory, keeping a steady supply of parts to assemble games, etc. etc.
They are working hard towards their goal to make games and make more than one a year. In the most trying times the industry has ever faced.
The factory is moving along. They are hiring more people. I don't know how long this will all take in these crazy times. I am confident they will be successful in their plans.

This is exactly what I needed to hear. Thanks.

#967 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Any idea on why they can't show some pictures at least?

#968 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I bet when the recent shipment reaches down under.

#969 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I bet when the recent shipment reaches down under.

U think there were GnR's on that shipment? I don't

#970 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

No idea.

When they are ready I'd imagine.

#971 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No idea.

When they are ready I'd imagine.

Sorry I thought u worked there.

#972 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Sorry I thought u worked there.

I help with tech support.

First to go. Last to know.

Willy Wonka was announced on Pinside by two distributors before I knew.

#973 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What company has ever been rewarded on pinside for showing pictures before the game is ready to release?

#974 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

What company has ever been rewarded on pinside for showing pictures before the game is ready to release?

TMNT got some pretty overwhelmingly positive response to leaks just before the official stuff. But for every TMNT there's half a dozen that are destroyed from the pics.

#975 3 years ago

As much as I want to know something, I agree with Nokoro. Announce it when I can buy it. No pre-orders, no hype. No money up front. I had some money saved for GnR, but gave up and spent it on something else. I needed something new. If it actually comes out soon I'll have to wait for the 2nd hand market. Thanks LTG for putting things back into perspective. Some of us are at home, full income wanting to buy things not realizing the impact of this stupid virus. Many companies and families are struggling and won't make it. It's only pinball.

#976 3 years ago

New Pin ?
"Golf Clap"

#977 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Announce it when I can buy it. No pre-orders, no hype.

Yeah, just put out some vague ass “innovation” announcement right when TMNT gets launched and Hot Wheels are shipping. That’s not the worst attempt at hype ever

#978 3 years ago

Perhaps they have a new mech installed that is not working properly and reliable........ when did we have a similar issue, ah yes I remember, could be POTC.

#979 3 years ago

JJP lurkers. Remember when Spooky released the photos of the underside of the new R&M playfield before they had permission to do a full reveal to keep the hype train up? Could we get something similar? Perhaps a photo of the bottom of the cabinet mysteriously "leaked" could get the blood pumping over here. Maybe the power cord? Back of instruction card?

#980 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

JJP's initial Hobbit PF images - it was night and day the revisions they made to that PF after initial reveal. And I think that helped with sales tremendously. Also, the VUK covers were hideous, and the Count Smaug / Mountain collar wasn't too good. Good idea, but not a good look. All corrected by JJP before the first production pin was built.

I am a fan of prototype reveals to the public before production. I have seem major corrections done, and even small corrections like misnamed dwarfs in Hobbit to spelling / font errors on others - all corrected by more eyes on the prototype.

#981 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

JJP's initial Hobbit PF images - it was night and day the revisions they made to that PF after initial reveal....

Font-gate!

#982 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Spooky w/ RZ.

#983 3 years ago

JJP is smart to not show anything on this game before they are ready to ship said game. JJP has nothing at all to gain...zero. Time and time again, companies have released photos of a game they couldn't ship for months and months, and it hurt sales significantly because the buzz wore off before people ever got a chance to flip the game. How many boo birds cancelled their POTC orders while waiting for them to finally hit the line? I remember seeing numerous posts about it at the time.

#984 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I help with tech support.
First to go. Last to know.
Willy Wonka was announced on Pinside by two distributors before I knew.

Well, don’t we already know that JJP6 will be GNR? Looks obvious with last news (jjp wishing an happy birthday to Slash and a pic jack/slash)

#985 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

In the same time they don’t care, they are following their planning and revealing strategy

#986 3 years ago

The font on Hobbit changed too?

Or was that regarding Wonka?

#987 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

The font on Hobbit changed too?

Hobbit was the major one wasn't it? All the diff'rent areas had diff'rent fonts to them as I recall.

#988 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

JJP is smart to not show anything on this game before they are ready to ship said game. JJP has nothing at all to gain...zero. Time and time again, companies have released photos of a game they couldn't ship for months and months, and it hurt sales significantly because the buzz wore off before people ever got a chance to flip the game. How many boo birds cancelled their POTC orders while waiting for them to finally hit the line? I remember seeing numerous posts about it at the time.

Enough of them to significantly alter the future production of that title and effectively make JJP pivot to a less expensive, less-packed game in Wonka

#989 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Well, don’t we already know that JJP6 will be GNR? Looks obvious with last news (jjp wishing an happy birthday to Slash and a pic jack/slash)

Or a big misdirect. Don't forget the picture of Slash with his WOZ. They may be friends.

I posted before about last year at MGC. The rumors were strong about JJP5 and low and behold at MGC it became Willy Wonka instead.

Nothing is written in stone until we see the game revealed.

#990 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Or a big misdirect. Don't forget the picture of Slash with his WOZ. They may be friends.
I posted before about last year at MGC. The rumors were strong about JJP5 and low and behold at MGC it became Willy Wonka instead.
Nothing is written in stone until we see the game revealed.

Hello Kitty Island Adventure confirmed as JJP's next pin!

#991 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Hello Kitty Island Adventure confirmed as JJP's next pin!

It does have an anniversary coming up!!!!

#992 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hobbit was the major one wasn't it? All the diff'rent areas had diff'rent fonts to them as I recall.

Yikes. I wasn't around here back then, though I've seen the original playfield design prior to Aurich helping out. Never knew the fonts were borked too..!

#993 3 years ago

I have a story to tell you about toys...

#994 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Continue.

#995 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I would prefer toy story over gnr but who knows, gnr might be amazing

#996 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I think both could be great. But will depend on the whole package for each of them.

#997 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I used to be down on GNR because I’m not a band pin guy. But then I thought about it - I’m not a WOZ, Wonka or Pirates guy either and those games are all amazing to me.

So, I’m prepared to look past theme if the gameplay is there. And with Eric I fully expect it will be.

#998 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It does have an anniversary coming up!!!!

Mine too...But who cares!

#999 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I used to be down on GNR because I’m not a band pin guy. But then I thought about it - I’m not a WOZ, Wonka or Pirates guy either and those games are all amazing to me.
So, I’m prepared to look past theme if the gameplay is there. And with Eric I fully expect it will be.

Eric Fan > Theme. Always..!

#1000 3 years ago

It’s Friday !!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
$ 11,000.00
8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/20?hl=imagamejunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.