Topic Stats

• 3,446 posts
  • 412 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 86 days ago by paynemic
  • Topic is favorited by 67 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 189 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

smooch (resized).jpg
son_proud (resized).jpg
WIN_20201020_10_23_30_Pro (resized).jpg
54B12E62-44E9-4224-B99A-9F9FE16BB48D (resized).jpeg
0F33C87E-E900-4BAE-8C7B-25C354007B5A (resized).png
4C2984A7-92C0-4086-AC5B-96F8F42D4BD6 (resized).jpeg
5159BF25-BC29-45D2-ADA1-14EC55013D48 (resized).jpeg
vztc6Bw (resized).png
501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

There are 3446 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 69.
#901 5 months ago
Quoted from lmccart5:

I was actually at that concert in Cleveland. To be fair, Axl did not introduce them as the Pigeons of Shit Metal. When Guns were doing their set he paused at some point and asked the crowd "how did you like the Pigeon's of Shit Metal", and then stated something along the lines about how they won't be touring with Guns anymore to which there was cheering and applause. I don't think the crowd cared that greatly about it one way or another, I think they just found it funny. If Jesse said "fuck you" it wasn't during the concert. I'm not sure why Axl went out of his way to bash them though. The EODM received a lukewarm reception during their set, but I didn't think they were terrible by any means.

it's wild that you were at the show! Everything I've read about GNR on that tour was that axl was unhinged and acting nuts. I was never a fan anyway, although I do like Slash. Your description of how it all went down doesn't change my opinion of axl. He's a dick.

#902 5 months ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

Umm, cool story but is that how to mock someone? If so I'd literally be covered in obscenities!!

I think it's a pretty fitting FU. Embrace the insult. This wasn't just any insult either. Hughes admired GNR and was beyond excited to be opening for them, only to have his life's work insulted by someone he idolized. I'd say that's worth laying down some ink, but I guess some people don't like tattoos and curse words. I do lol

#903 5 months ago
Quoted from lmccart5:

I was actually at that concert in Cleveland. To be fair, Axl did not introduce them as the Pigeons of Shit Metal. When Guns were doing their set he paused at some point and asked the crowd "how did you like the Pigeon's of Shit Metal", and then stated something along the lines about how they won't be touring with Guns anymore to which there was cheering and applause. I don't think the crowd cared that greatly about it one way or another, I think they just found it funny. If Jesse said "fuck you" it wasn't during the concert. I'm not sure why Axl went out of his way to bash them though. The EODM received a lukewarm reception during their set, but I didn't think they were terrible by any means.

Well F*** Axl one more time then !

Every band including GnR has been a first part of a main event. It has always been a hijack of public in some ways but there is an etiquette for the due respect between bands and that D***head didn't give a damn about it.

#904 5 months ago

Yaaa...Here’s another FU for axhole...

But I’m still buying the game

#905 5 months ago

An asshole with the most annoying voice in rock music...

#906 5 months ago

Ken Cromwell on the JJP Podcast says they have games on the line at the new factory...no GNR until they are ready to ship.

#907 5 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Ken Cromwell on the JJP Podcast says they have games on the line at the new factory...no GNR until they are ready to ship.

Well that's just stupid. Whats the advantage to not letting people see at least the PF art?

#908 5 months ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Well that's just stupid. Whats the advantage to not letting people see at least the PF art?

Because half of Pinside will spend most of their days finding some way to bitch about it?

#909 5 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Because half of Pinside will spend most of their days finding some way to bitch about it?

Too late.

#910 5 months ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The only logical explanation is that they are a long ways off from shipping the game. If their 30-60 days out theres only upside in showing the game so people can plan accordingly

#911 5 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Being that the 4th podcast was supposed to be released 7/4 but was not released till 7/28 I would not hold my breath

#912 5 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

That's gonna happen regardless not to mention its fun to bitch about stuff. I just wanna see it.

#915 5 months ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

Where's the cliff notes?

Episode 4 The Pink Foot

On Episode 4 of the Jersey Jack Pinball Podcast, we discuss the reveal strategy for the next release, creating sculpts for pins (Peter Dorn), how a pink foot became a dragon (Ted Estes), "Be Positive" campaign (Jack Guarnieri & Joe DiRusso), and more!

LTG : )

#916 5 months ago

Anybody see this???

And note who's overseeing the load up!!!!

https://twitter.com/JJPinball/status/1288844649973592064?s=09

Screenshot_20200730-153152_Twitter (resized).jpg
#917 5 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Anybody see this???
And note who's overseeing the load up!!!!
https://twitter.com/JJPinball/status/1288844649973592064?s=09
[quoted image]

So they are shipping 30 Wonkas hardly news

#918 5 months ago

More YBR for Australia?!?

#919 5 months ago
Quoted from JY64:

Yea If you blow it up, it appears there is enough letters to spell Wonka. Although one of the boxes has some white tape over the title hmmm.

#920 5 months ago

Sorry to troll.. I can't help it.. I've been on year long waits for JJP games myself (deposit.. games gets released at least 2 years later )

But.. isn't the tell on GNR the July 22 JJP FB jobs listing post?.. shouldn't all of those positions all ready be filled? (I know Covid?)

Game could still be months away?

#921 5 months ago
Screenshot_20200730-204715_Chrome (resized).jpg
#922 5 months ago
Quoted from JY64:

It shows that the factory is up and running and their making games..so yes its news

#923 5 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yea If you blow it up, it appears there is enough letters to spell Wonka. Although one of the boxes has some white tape over the title hmmm.

I did not blow the image up if it was G&R they would tell the world

#924 5 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

It shows that the factory is up and running and their making games..so yes its news

No it does not show that things are up and running although I believe that they are. The 30 units could just as well been games they had in their inventory that was needed by a distributor. Do you really believe that the factory keeps no game in stock

#925 5 months ago

Yeesh. Even for a JJP speculation thread, these responses are downers......

Jack has always said they ship first to Australia before a launch for timing reasons, and Eric is SPECIFICALLY in this shot.

My guess/hope is we get an unveiling within 2 weeks.

#926 5 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Jack has always said they ship first to Australia before a launch for timing reasons, and Eric is SPECIFICALLY in this shot.

If you blow up the pics, it looks like 2 out of 3 say Wonka. Not trying to be a downer, but facts matter, and we have no facts, just arm chair sleuthing!

#927 5 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

If you blow up the pics. it looks like 2 out of 3 say Wonka. Not trying to be a downer, but facts matter, and we have no facts, just arm chair sleuthing!

I love it. Was thinking the same thing with the white out on one of the names. We are desperate over here!

#928 5 months ago
49xwzo (resized).jpg
#929 5 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

I have pictures of Eric drinking beer that doesn’t make him a bartender. Eric is a team player, he would sweep the floor if the task needed to be done. Doubt this photo means much more then they are working.

#930 5 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I have pictures of Eric drinking beer that doesn’t make him a bartender. Eric is a team player, he would sweep the floor if the task needed to be done. Doubt this photo means much more then they are working.

I like to think Eric makes fine cocktails, as well as fine pinball games!

At work, and just trying to find something to tether some excitement from/towards.... Could be nothing, could be........the next game! Who knows? But speculation is more fun than crickets. And seriously, they're definitely percolating the pinball pot, this after the very specific Slash bday wish photo.

Quoted from Roostking:

If you blow up the pics, it looks like 2 out of 3 say Wonka. Not trying to be a downer, but facts matter, and we have no facts, just arm chair sleuthing!

Nah, you're fine! That was optimistic on your part, and I zoomed in, and was thinking the same thing!

#931 5 months ago
Quoted from JY64:

No it does not show that things are up and running although I believe that they are. The 30 units could just as well been games they had in their inventory that was needed by a distributor. Do you really believe that the factory keeps no game in stock

Dude,do you work with or for JJP?You seem to be well informed.

#932 5 months ago
Quoted from JY64:

Highly doubtful they would ship NIB games from the factory in Jersey to Chicago....they would have shipped out to distributors

#933 5 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Highly doubtful they would ship NIB games from the factory in Jersey to Chicago....they would have shipped out to distributors

I was thinking that also. So most likely these are newly produced games, of some kind.

They have to have been up and running for a month now, no?

#934 5 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

I was thinking that also. So most likely these are newly produced games, of some kind.
They have to have been up and running for a month now, no?

It would make sense that they would start their factory with a game they've already built and have pre orders for.....almost zero chance they shipped NIB games from Jersey to Chicago

#935 5 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Why would you assume That? Distributors a technically just customers. Just because they have inventory built doesn't mean they have to buy it. JJP Jersey was an assembly inventory facility for stock. I am certain they moved inventory like any company that builds a product.

#936 5 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

almost zero chance they shipped NIB games from Jersey to Chicago

What, How else would they get them there? Or r u assuming they don't have any games built and in stock at the factory in Jersey that aren't pre-ordered?

#937 5 months ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What, How else would they get them there? Or r u assuming they don't have any games built and in stock at the factory in Jersey that aren't pre-ordered?

I would imagine they would keep as few built games on hand as possible due to tax reasons, among other things. Stern claims every game they build is "sold" which means a distributor is taking delivery in some way.

#938 5 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Stern claims every game they build is "sold" which means a distributor is taking delivery in some way.

Yeah I bet they have a large stock of pins in the building, sold and waiting? Maybe but regardless..........
I think it might be time to absolve this thread. Once we start talking about this stuff better it dies and is reborn with "first look at GnR" threads. I'm done anyway.

#939 5 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

We had to ship Sample Hot Wheels to Aus by sea as there are almost no Planes, and 3 times the price to ship if we waited for a plane

I would say all would be Wonka but 1 would be GNR and it would take 5-6 weeks to get here, well after US release.

#940 5 months ago
Quoted from JY64:

The final units of the 200 game run? Or did they make more. April of 2019 is when it was shown if I recall.

#941 5 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

.almost zero chance they shipped NIB games from Jersey to Chicago

Setting aside the possibility that the machines were moved to Illinois when the rest of the factory was loaded up in trucks, it is not uncommon in this industry for games to ship from one pinball warehouse or company to another for inclusion in a container going overseas. If this container is a mix of Wonka and GnR, then at some point those games needed to be in the same place. While not likely in this case, there have certainly been containers going overseas with games from 2, 3 and possibly even 4 manufacturers on them.

#942 5 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Why would you assume That? Distributors a technically just customers. Just because they have inventory built doesn't mean they have to buy it. JJP Jersey was an assembly inventory facility for stock. I am certain they moved inventory like any company that builds a product.

Because it makes zero sense paying to ship games that u know darn well distributors would purchase....why ship twice...stupid

#943 5 months ago

Setting aside the possibility that the machines were moved to Illinois when the rest of the factory was loaded up in trucks, it is not uncommon in this industry for games to ship from one pinball warehouse or company to another for inclusion in a container going overseas. If this container is a mix of Wonka and GnR, then at some point those games needed to be in the same place. While not likely in this case, there have certainly been containers going overseas with games from 2, 3 and possibly even 4 manufacturers on them.</blockq

So when u ship containers overseas what port do they leave from?

#944 5 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

So when u ship containers overseas what port do they leave from?

Port of Chicago. Chicago has ports under their authority. Lake Michigan is part of the Great Lakes, and ocean going vessels operate on the Great Lakes.

Not sure which port or ports in particular would be used to ship pins from any of the Chicago manufacturers.

#945 5 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Port of Chicago. Chicago has ports under their authority. Lake Michigan is part of the Great Lakes, and ocean going vessels operate on the Great Lakes.
Not sure which port or ports in particular would be used to ship pins from any of the Chicago manufacturers.

I would think these containers would hop on a train in Chicago and leave from one of the coastal ports, but I could be wrong. Great Lakes ports seem to mainly be used for bulk commodities like coal, limestone, cement, etc.

#946 5 months ago

You said we asked for innovation. Innovation is not shipping games in a container to Australia. Another swing and a miss by JJP.

#947 5 months ago

The JJP podcasts are pretty good. I recommend giving them a listen for sure. They aren't outright coming with huge details, but there are little nuggets of info being given out as mentioned by some of the folks in the thread.

I think they are doing the right thing by not showing until they are ready. It really hurt them on Pirates. They didn't quite hit their own timeline for Wonka either. Folks are building hype being this is Eric's second game and his first is widely regarded as a great game.

The factory running and shipping games is news to me. It wasn't long ago others were talking about their big factory that was sitting doing nothing.

#948 5 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I would imagine they would keep as few built games on hand as possible due to tax reasons, among other things. Stern claims every game they build is "sold" which means a distributor is taking delivery in some way.

what about games for a license that said they get an game are they really sold in that case? Demo / test units?

#949 5 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

They are shipping to a distributor that's why 30 games

#950 5 months ago

Wonka is a huge sleeper hit!!!!Great game!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mandeville, LA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blacklick, OH
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
99,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leonardtown, MD
$ 337.00
$ 149.95
Pinball Machine
COINTAKER.COM
$ 17.95
There are 3446 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 69.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside