501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 69.
#752 3 years ago

39 days of nothing !
Reminiscent of the DeepRoot thread!

#753 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Reminiscent of the DeepRoot thread!

Reminiscent of other JJP threads sadly.

#754 3 years ago

Is it one teaser a year?

#755 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Is it one teaser a year?

this one might just last a year !

#756 3 years ago

They were just posting the video to compete with the next Stern title after TMNT LOL. Seriously who at JJP thought it was a good idea to post a teaser video and wait more than half a month to make a reveal?

#757 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

This thing turned into 15 pages of nothing. I will say I enjoyed learning about speakers and hearing about everyone's favorite Brady Bunch moments. Not enough to save this thread. Even if we get an announcement this week, unless it's a full access description with pictures or videos of play, they are going to get hammered for this promo "video" 6 weeks ago.

My guess is there won’t be any revealing till this autumn

The teaser did his job, breaking the next stern game sales with keeping pinball fellows tuned and focused to an hypothetical jpp revealing till this summer, then vacation would take over to fill folks’mind. And September-october are already there.

#758 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

The teaser did his job, breaking the next stern game sales with keeping pinball fellows tuned and focused to an hypothetical jpp revealing till this summer, then vacation would take over to fill folks’mind. And September-october are already there.

have any hard numbers to back that up or it's just an opinion. My opinion: It did nothing but to rattle up a few devoted pinheads = Stern is still laughing all the way to the bank.

#759 3 years ago

JJP just seems to miss the mark on so many things... I still don't get why they have stopped making POTC's given it's such an incredibly hot game. And now they have so much excitement around GNR but we get nothing.

#760 3 years ago

JJP was right on target 40 days ago saying everything was about to Change.

Unfortunately it had absolutely nothing to do with pinball.

#761 3 years ago

I am halfway through JJP third podcast https://jjppodcast.libsyn.com now I understand why people bitch about some of the Stern Fan Boy podcast but let's be real this podcast is like watching someone pat themselves on the back

#762 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I am halfway through JJP third podcast https://jjppodcast.libsyn.com now I understand why people bitch about some of the Stern Fan Boy podcast but let's be real this podcast is like watching someone pat themselves on the back

Of course, a manufacturer podcast isn't going to bash their own product. I'm just glad JJP acknowledges all pinball manufacturers, including posting pictures on social media of collections with Stern games in it. Stern however just acts like JJP and all other pin manufacturers don't exist.

#763 3 years ago

64 posts of random convo... No updates. Great job jjp.... So, how about those Saints this year?

#764 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

64 posts of random convo... No updates. Great job jjp.... So, how about those Saints this year?

Not sure about the Saints. The real question is, what will we see first, live football games or a jjp game? I did consider the covid situation could delay football also.

#765 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

JJP just seems to miss the mark on so many things... I still don't get why they have stopped making POTC's given it's such an incredibly hot game. And now they have so much excitement around GNR but we get nothing.

Clearly you weren't there paying attention to what happened and that's why you don't understand. It wasn't hot when it was discontinued. It was frigid as ice, due to the extreme delay to release and removal of the chest and triple disc mechs. Also, the game was a pain in the behind for JJP to support- and that was even before clearcoatgate came to light. In retrospect the game popularity didn't seem to catch fire till the chest mod was released, many months later.

#766 3 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

It wasn't hot when it was discontinued. It was cold as ice, and the game was a pain in the behind for JJP to support- and that was even before clearcoatgate came to light. In retrospect the game didn't catch fire till the chest mod was released, many months later.

It caught fire months before the chest mod came out, only about a month or so after JJP discontinued it. It had to to with people finally being able to play one and realize how awesome it is.

#767 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It caught fire months before the chest mod came out, only about a month or so after JJP discontinued it. It had to to with people finally being able to play one and realize how awesome it is.

I disagree. There was a little popularity/ price uptick, but nothing like what happened (used $11k tops jump to 15k+) once the chest mod came. Suffice it to say, it's time for this game reveal. And Pirates 1.0 code. I really wonder which will come first.

#768 3 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

I disagree. There was a little popularity/ price uptick, but nothing like what happened (used $11k tops jump to 15k+) once the chest mod came. Suffice it to say, it's time for this game reveal. And Pirates 1.0 code. I really wonder which will come first.

You know, on second thought, I think you're right. The price acceleration started in Dec-ish, and I think that was a month or two after the chest mod info was out.

#769 3 years ago

The new teaser will be a limited edition yellow pricked toad ruby slipper reissue of the last teaser.

#770 3 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

The new teaser will be a limited edition yellow pricked toad ruby slipper reissue of the last teaser.

This one will cost 30% more though. You need your Paypal to unlock it.

#771 3 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

They can be such pricks hah

#772 3 years ago

JJP certainly caught a break with this COVID situation cancelling the major shows. Imagine the letdown when nothing new was shown. I'm actually pretty surprised we still haven't seen anything from them at this point.

#773 3 years ago

JJP I waited as long as I could, your marketing trick worked on me for over a month. I’ll give you until 3pm EST to change my mind or Stern wins again. You have just over 1 hour to change my mind, I won’t hold my breath.

#774 3 years ago
Quoted from Gtrefraction:

I’ll give you until 3pm EST to change my mind or Stern wins again. You have just over 1 hour to change my mind, I won’t hold my breath.

Come on man be don't so mean to them!
Their on Central time now

#775 3 years ago
200.gif200.gif
#776 3 years ago
Quoted from Gtrefraction:

JJP I waited as long as I could, your marketing trick worked on me for over a month. I’ll give you until 3pm EST to change my mind or Stern wins again. You have just over 1 hour to change my mind, I won’t hold my breath.

Congrats on your new Stern!

#777 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Congrats on your new Stern!

Cowabunga dudes!

#778 3 years ago

Ok he's gone now you can unveil the game! lol

#779 3 years ago

let me honest, and this will upset some of you. but is jjp even going to be around in a year or two? they have not put out a game in 11 months or so? they have about 1 game a year, if that. not trying to bash, but come on. they've talked long enough with trailers or "don't buy anything until you see what we are doing next." we saw pirates in 2017. i was there in chicago for it's premier. i was next summer that is finally came out. then it was gone. i know a lot of folks like wonka. but it's been pretty quiet since then. i wouldn't hold my breath with them. once they do unviel G n R, when will you actually get it? next june?

#780 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

but is jjp even going to be around in a year or two?

Yes.

LTG : )

#781 3 years ago

Remember that teaser video from a month and a half ago. Whos idea was that?!?. Was it an attempt to pull buyers away from TMNT?

#782 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

let me honest, and this will upset some of you. but is jjp even going to be around in a year or two? they have not put out a game in 11 months or so? they have about 1 game a year, if that. not trying to bash, but come on. they've talked long enough with trailers or "don't buy anything until you see what we are doing next." we saw pirates in 2017. i was there in chicago for it's premier. i was next summer that is finally came out. then it was gone. i know a lot of folks like wonka. but it's been pretty quiet since then. i wouldn't hold my breath with them. once they do unviel G n R, when will you actually get it? next june?

They have managed this long to stay in business. Not sure why that would change because they are not releasing a game when We want to see it? Reminder, JJP is Not the same as Stern with Hundreds of employees Needing to churn out volume to stay alive.

#783 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

They have managed this long to stay in business. Not sure why that would change because they are not releasing a game when We want to see it?

Well businesses tend to stay in business till they don't. I imagine what changes is not making any new products for people to buy. But I'm no business guy.

#784 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

They have managed this long to stay in business.

And in Brett's interview, JJP has been doing pretty good. Which I assume was right up to the move.

Obviously the move, three weeks later virus shut down. Has mucked up plans.

Yet they seem to still be gearing up to make pins and get them out faster. Setting up new production facilities. Hiring more people.

They make great games. And are looking to have a promising future.

I know it won't be overnight. I am looking forward to their future.

#785 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And in Brett's interview, JJP has been doing pretty good. Which I assume was right up to the move.
Obviously the move, three weeks later virus shut down. Has mucked up plans.
Yet they seem to still be gearing up to make pins and get them out faster. Setting up new production facilities. Hiring more people.
They make great games. And are looking to have a promising future.
I know it won't be overnight. I am looking forward to their future.

Right on Lloyd!

#786 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

You would probably be happier to just buy another Stern?

#787 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You would probably be happier to just buy another Stern?

Yup. Jp is great. I passed on potc for dp. I would like to get dialed in though

#788 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And in Brett's interview, JJP has been doing pretty good.

Of course that's what he said would you expect anything different on a JJP podcast

#789 3 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Was it an attempt to pull buyers away from TMNT?

Yes. A fairly obvious one.

#790 3 years ago

I agree with LTG regarding hiring since on Facebook JJP is looking to fill what appears to be manufacturing / quality positions for 1st shift. Something is about to / or has started ramping up.

#791 3 years ago
Quoted from Webster920:

I agree with LTG regarding hiring since on Facebook JJP is looking to fill what appears to be manufacturing / quality positions for 1st shift. Something is about to / or has started ramping up.

Stern needs a QA dude! Wonder who would pay better, probably JJP.

#792 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Stern needs a QA dude! Wonder who would pay better, probably JJP.

They all need QA

#793 3 years ago

Day 51 ... still nothing

#794 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Day 51 ... still nothing

Lmao...just got back from wizard arcade in Fort Wayne IN great place 90 pins!!! After playing this for a couple hours I can see why they threw that teaser out there this game is the bomb!!!

684F0C35-1C5E-4FB2-AD9B-8237A1858300 (resized).jpeg684F0C35-1C5E-4FB2-AD9B-8237A1858300 (resized).jpeg
#795 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Lmao...just got back from wizard arcade in Fort Wayne IN great place 90 pins!!! After playing this for a couple hours I can see why they threw that teaser out there this game is the bomb!!!
[quoted image]

I agree. Turtles is fantastic

#796 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

[quoted image]

I have no doubt that TMNT is great fun to play but just look at that work of art next to it.

#797 3 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I have no doubt that TMNT is great fun to play but just look at that work of art next to it.

That's a work of art? It looks like a coat rack with painted slabs of beef hanging off.
All I can think of is how much better the TMNT layout would be if it was Fathom 2. With that classic art style and creepy ambiance. I much prefer modern gameplay but 100% prefer that Fathom era when it come to art and theme.

#798 3 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I like them all !! I literally started at the door and been playing the lineup 1 at a time unless my boys want to play a 3 person game then I’ll jump around .

#799 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I agree. Turtles is fantastic

Like DI the theme alone is enough to make it a no buy for me

#800 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Like DI the theme alone is enough to make it a no buy for me

Your loss...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 210.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 11,000.00
7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/16?hl=gtrefraction and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.