501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 69.
#651 3 years ago

WTF JPP where's the teaser follow up?I actually listened th Kaneda today to get more news on GnR.
He's praising GnR on his latest podcast and of course dogging Lord Lawlor and Zach Meny!

#652 3 years ago

Anyone on here who knows Jack and can maybe ask WTF that announcement was all about?

#653 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Anyone on here who knows Jack and can maybe ask WTF that announcement was all about?

Hell yeah do that!!!!

#654 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

What, there was an announcement?
I only saw a small video clip.

#655 3 years ago

I guess talking about A Boy and His Dog is better than talking about playfield issues. I’veyet to run into a Willy Wonka that hasn’t had pooling or chipping. Granted I’ve only came into contact with about 10 of them but JJP is 0 for 10 on them.

#656 3 years ago

Mine is perfect and so is everybody else’s with build date October 2019.

#657 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Mine is perfect and so is everybody else’s with build date October 2019.

Same here. CE build date December 2019. Love the game!

#658 3 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

I understand the need for a tease the same day turtles is announced... I get it... no brainer... get everyone to hit the “pause” button before they spend the ever so valuable dollar (especially these days).

There was no real need for a tease that day.

Announcing turtles made not only a lot of people hit the pause button, but others to just GTFO.

#659 3 years ago

They had another tease today on their Instagram story. Looked like they were introducing “under the glass” where JJP answers your questions. The last guy said something like “now that I have you here alone, our next game is...” BLEEP

#660 3 years ago
OIP.BIk5SG7TMuuqhpnd2vDVjQHaDN.jpgOIP.BIk5SG7TMuuqhpnd2vDVjQHaDN.jpg
#661 3 years ago

Did anyone see the new teaser video by JJP?

Me neither.

#662 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Did anyone see the new teaser video by JJP?
Me neither.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JJPinball/status/1265692064697790465

This i believe

#663 3 years ago

There was a short Instagram story (meaning it expires) yesterday and it showed Eric, Joe and Jack each talking about something called “Under the glass”. The last guy said something like “now that I have you here, our next game is...” and it went to that multicolored broadcast interruption page that you used to see on TV when the programming was done for the day.

#664 3 years ago

LOL - I should have said, "Have you seen the new JJP teaser video TODAY."

It was my bad attempt at humor.

#665 3 years ago

So 21 days later ... still nothing?

#666 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

So 21 days later ... still nothing?

Would be cool if they announced a "28 days later" pin 7 days from now...from a marketing perspective, i don't think anyone is actually interested in that old movie as a pin theme

#667 3 years ago

I think something is coming Friday!

#668 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Yup. That's when the weekend starts.

#669 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#670 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Yup. That's when the weekend starts.

Lmfao

#671 3 years ago

Why do the two biggest pinball brands suck at PR. Weak hype video followed by nothing. Sterns teaser videos suck too.

#672 3 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Why do the two biggest pinball brands suck at PR. Weak hype video followed by nothing. Sterns teaser videos suck too.

That’s why they are called “teasers” and not “ pleasers”

Looks like they are working to me

#673 3 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Yes, I liked it much better when they just issued paper flyers to distributers.

Pinball must have been much easier in the days before internet forums and whiny home collectors.

#674 3 years ago

The quality of the teasers suck.

#675 3 years ago

Are we giving up on this ever amounting to anything?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#676 3 years ago

JJP... JJP... JJP...

JJP.gifJJP.gif
#677 3 years ago

Wide body TS that’s what I’ll get up on!!!You can keep GnR standard all $ will be put into sound which can be upgraded cheaply on your own.It will be bare! TS WB is endless please JJP one more WB before you shut it down!!!

#678 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Wide body TS that’s what I’ll get up on!!!You can keep GnR standard all $ will be put into sound which can be upgraded cheaply on your own.It will be bare! TS WB is endless please JJP one more WB before you shut it down!!!

Toy Story is Lawlor. He ain't doing a widebody.

#679 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

They are not shutting down....

#680 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

They are not shutting down....

I think he meant before JJP shuts the book on Widebody pins.

#681 3 years ago

Suddenly, nothing happened.

#682 3 years ago

I love JJP games, especially since I haven't been able to get into most of the stern releases lately like TMNT, Munsters, Stranger things.. but man, they just take so long to come out and then it just seems like things drag out. Then, when they do get a hot pin, they stop producing it or re-release it with less features. LMAO. WTF.

The anticipation for GNR is killing me. Let's get this done! Please!

#683 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I love JJP games, especially since I haven't been able to get into most of the stern releases lately like TMNT, Munsters, Stranger things.. but man, they just take so long to come out and then it just seems like things drag out. Then, when they do get a hot pin, they stop producing it or re-release it with less features. LMAO. WTF.
The anticipation for GNR is killing me. Let's get this done! Please!

If you love JJP games you might want to get a Wonka, one of the most fun pins out there.
And it is very challenging to get all the golden tickets!

#684 3 years ago

Par for the course for JJP. Hurry up and wait for this thing we made you get excited for. Annoying.

#685 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

If you love JJP games you might want to get a Wonka, one of the most fun pins out there.

“Challenging” and “make you come back for more” are two different things. SWOTR is pretty much impossible on woz. Ill never get to it. Its waaaay too much work. Ive been happy with melting the witch. I have no desire to try for SWOTR. I even moved on from the game since then. Had a desire to play it again, but not own.

Something you wont experience but once in a lifetime of owning a game is fun, but not when its the ultimate objective of your $10,000 toy.

Just my opinion of course.

#686 3 years ago
#687 3 years ago

I love the way JJP's code team try and make every game stand out, most games are like a rabbit warren in terms of depth, making them perfect for home pinball geeks like us

But... I do think they need to be careful to stray too far from tried and tested formulas. In my eyes the right code should highten the player's immersion and the overall experience. Thinking about LOTR, Hobbit and Alien which have this nailed. While more simple to these games I love IM, and heard in a podcast the other they tried to keep that playing a like a 90s game in terms of code.

Wonka is a grail theme for me, but the way the code has been implented is deep, complex and challenging - but does not feel immersive. Same for Pirates, but to a lesser degree.

Be interesting to see how the code pans out in a music pin. As it's not tied to a story telling it could be something really innovative. But for the likes of Toy Story I hope they come back to having the code really drive the story telling.

#688 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I really like Wonka. Wonka always makes you want to give it one more game. I also got DI and haven’t fully explored it yet but I really appreciate it for its smooth shots.

#689 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

“Challenging” and “make you come back for more” are two different things. SWOTR is pretty much impossible on woz. Ill never get to it. Its waaaay too much work. Ive been happy with melting the witch. I have no desire to try for SWOTR. I even moved on from the game since then. Had a desire to play it again, but not own.
Something you wont experience but once in a lifetime of owning a game is fun, but not when its the ultimate objective of your $10,000 toy.
Just my opinion of course.

Just make the settings a little easier?

#690 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I love the way JJP's code team try and make every game stand out, most games are like a rabbit warren in terms of depth, making them perfect for home pinball geeks like us
But... I do think they need to be careful to stray too far from tried and tested formulas. In my eyes the right code should highten the player's immersion and the overall experience. Thinking about LOTR, Hobbit and Alien which have this nailed. While more simple to these games I love IM, and heard in a podcast the other they tried to keep that playing a like a 90s game in terms of code.
Wonka is a grail theme for me, but the way the code has been implented is deep, complex and challenging - but does not feel immersive. Same for Pirates, but to a lesser degree.
Be interesting to see how the code pans out in a music pin. As it's not tied to a story telling it could be something really innovative. But for the likes of Toy Story I hope they come back to having the code really drive the story telling.

Wonka was also a grail theme for me and also a letdown. The formula of the movie script wasn’t used. It’s a hodgepodge of random elements of the movie without a logical flow. Pat is famous for that type of design though. It works in themes that are not of a single movie with a formula or script. Look at TZ. That show was hundreds of random episodes that weren’t related to each other so a random hodgepodge design works perfectly and I love that pin.

I think JJP got it backwards in assigning the themes. Pat’s design would work better on GnR than TZ, since there isn’t a script or formula to follow with GnR. Eric would do better with TS than Pat, because he will take into account the script and flow of the movie. Then again Eric would do well with any theme he is given IMO. I am ready for another Eric pin though and I don’t care too much for TS as a theme, so Pat can do whatever he likes with it.

#691 3 years ago
Quoted from JamCat:

I think JJP got it backwards in assigning the themes. Pat’s design would work better on GnR than TZ, since there isn’t a script or formula to follow with GnR. Eric would do better with TS than Pat, because he will take into account the script and flow of the movie. Then again Eric would do well with any theme he is given IMO. I am ready for another Eric pin though and I don’t care too much for TS as a theme, so Pat can do whatever he likes with it.

I think you're basically saying you prefer what you've seen of Eric's talents over Pat's recycling old stuff he's already done over and over. I don't disagree. Hoping Eric doesn't have a sophomore slump with GnR. His work on jjPotC was only fully appreciated once you couldn't buy one anymore.

#692 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think you're basically saying you prefer what you've seen of Eric's talents over Pat's recycling old stuff he's already done over and over. I don't disagree. Hoping Eric doesn't have a sophomore slump with GnR. His work on jjPotC was only fully appreciated once you couldn't buy one anymore.

Correct. I think he will do fine on it, unless the bean counters strip his design for cost savings. And yes POTC got a bad start because of the last minute cut of the triple disc and moving chest. People acted like spoiled brats and cancelled orders and didn’t give it a chance. It was only after Wonka was revealed that there was a run on POTC lol. I admit I cancelled my Wonka and jumped on one of the last NIB POTCs myself.

#693 3 years ago
Quoted from JamCat:

The formula of the movie script wasn’t used.

In your view, what would be a pin in which the formula of the movie script was used?

What do you actually mean “formula of the movie script”?

It would seem to me, if a pin tries to follow the plot of a movie it will be very linear indeed.

#694 3 years ago
Quoted from JamCat:

Correct. I think he will do fine on it, unless the bean counters strip his design for cost savings. And yes POTC got a bad start because of the last minute cut of the triple disc and moving chest. People acted like spoiled brats and cancelled orders and didn’t give it a chance. It was only after Wonka was revealed that there was a run on POTC lol. I admit I cancelled my Wonka and jumped on one of the last NIB POTCs myself.

I'm just dead chuffed that Pat's preference for standard width pins won out and Eric can't do another widebody masterpiece with GnR. That's two terrible things Pat's influenced at JJP.

Remember how proud JJP was to point out that WoZ was the same dimensions as TZ way back when WoZ was in development?

"Oh, by the way.......the Wizard of Oz is a Wide Body Game! It is the same dimensionally as a Twilight Zone."

WoZ and jjPotC are better than anything Pat's put out with JJP so far. What do they have in common? Widebodies...and not Pat's rehashed, repurposed low-imagination stuff just recycled from his old pins.

#695 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm just dead chuffed that Pat's preference for standard width pins won out and Eric can't do another widebody masterpiece with GnR. That's two terrible things Pat's influenced at JJP.
Remember how proud JJP was to point out that WoZ was the same dimensions as TZ way back when WoZ was in development?
"Oh, by the way.......the Wizard of Oz is a Wide Body Game! It is the same dimensionally as a Twilight Zone."
WoZ and jjPotC are better than anything Pat's put out with JJP so far. What do they have in common? Widebodies...and not Pat's rehashed, repurposed low-imagination stuff just recycled from his old pins.

Keeping in mind Pat has not actually openly confirmed this assumed position nor has the company. Not saying it’s not possible but to hang Lawler on an Assumed position or his assumed iron fist of design laws is a bit of a stretch. Would love to hear JJP or Pat put this in writing or announce it before confirming it as fact.

#696 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Keeping in mind Pat has not actually openly confirmed this assumed position nor has the company. Not saying it’s not possible but to hang Lawler on an Assumed position or his assumed iron fist of design laws is a bit of a stretch. Would love to hear JJP or Pat put this in writing or announce it before confirming it as fact.

You're right. But his terrible headphone jack placement move to your knees from the just fine placement on the door is a done deal and a change for the worse I can bitch about now.

#697 3 years ago

Bitch away that’s what Pinside is for?

#698 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Bitch away that’s what Pinside is for?

Yelobird is right, though. I'll save my righteous bitching for things that a designer did, not things that he may have influenced but haven't happened yet. But when that DOES happen, open season on bitching about it, like the inexplicably terrible headphone jack move on JJP machines from the convenient location on the coin door to the wildly inconvenient area by your knees.

#699 3 years ago

Holy crap it’s Saturday .Nothing happened yesterday that’s weird!

#700 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

....Nothing happened yesterday that’s weird!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.