501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 69.
#601 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That was a great movie to a 13 year old me.

Hard to believe it came out in 1975. Cult classic now. It must have been a one shot for the actor. Did he ever go on to do anything else?

#602 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That was a great movie to a 13 year old me.

What is it?

#603 3 years ago

A Boy and His Dog. Starring a young Don Johnson.

If you've never seen it, you probably should. One of the best Sci Fi cult classics there is.

#604 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hard to believe it came out in 1975. Cult classic now. It must have been a one shot for the actor. Did he ever go on to do anything else?

Haha

#605 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

https://gnrcentral.com/2019/07/11/slash-confirms-a-new-guns-n-roses-pinball-machine-is-coming-out/
Slash told everyone last July so come on JJP!
'Nothing has ever come out like it'!

LOL that article is near a yr old

#606 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

So any day now?

#607 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Almost as old as the JJP teaser ... they need a real Marketing department that would drop teasers/trailers/social media posts (hints) to get people buzzing. 2 weeks then nothing, people forgot. People will speculate it was just a drop to keep consumers mildly interested while internally they are unorganized and trying to figure out how to fix a significant problem with the latest release. I bet some sales were lost to TMNT, people jumped on the hot new toy ...

#608 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

they need a real Marketing department that would drop teasers/trailers/social media posts (hints) to get people buzzing.

I liked the leaked story about Dialed In that was quickly deleted on Pinside. Then the presentation of it at the show was even better.

#609 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

hey you know how it is, it it's good enough no one will care aboot the wait....but they better bring it.

600+ posts later, I beg to differ.

I do agree - they better bring it!

#610 3 years ago

Their marketing dept. have shit the bed on this one. A rookie could do better.

#611 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A Boy and His Dog

Very Strange.
Never heard of this before.

#612 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Their marketing dept. have shit the bed on this one.

So, on brand for a sex, drugs and rock & roll to excess pin?

#613 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Very Strange.
Never heard of this before.

It was totally under the radar when first released, but as video stores started opening up in the early 80s, it became common on display as a rental. That is where I first saw it and watched it. Lots of political uncorrectness in that one.

#614 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

but as video stores started opening up in the early 80s, it became common on display as a rental. That is where I first saw it and watched it. Lots of political uncorrectness in that one.

That's what is strange, I was part of the opening and rented many great under the radar classics but never ever saw this title. Ah well, I'm going to have to look into it.

#615 3 years ago

A Boy And His Dog is a great early Don Johnson movie. With a life lesson for every young man that watches through to the end.

#616 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I was part of the opening and rented many great under the radar classics but never ever saw this title.

It was available on both VHS and Beta.

#617 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Their marketing dept. have shit the bed on this one. A rookie could do better.

Shit the bed!How old are you dude,I’m 59 and the only person I ever heard use that phrase was my German father in law and he would be 92

#618 3 years ago

Ah sweet Beta,
I'm very old.
With the balls to prove it.

#619 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm very old.

Not as old as this fossil.

Quoted from romulusx:

Shit the bed!How old are you dude,...

You're too old to know it came back into use.

#620 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

A Boy And His Dog is a great early Don Johnson movie. With a life lesson for every young man that watches through to the end.

Don Johnson’s best is Hot Spot featuring Jennifer Connelly before she had her breast reduction.
Jennifer was a goddess!

#621 3 years ago

So, it's not going to be The Brady Bunch, but will be A Boy and His Dog instead?

#622 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So, it's not going to be The Brady Bunch, but will be A Boy and His Dog instead?

Boy and his dog is still a little too low key. Damnation Alley it is!

#623 3 years ago

Well this marketing attempt by JJP is a bit of a swing and a miss. We are in here talking about a movie from back in the 70 called a boy and his dog - and not your pinball machines...

I mean really, WTF!?!?

#624 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Well this marketing attempt by JJP is a bit of a swing and a miss. We are in here talking about a movie from back in the 70 called a boy and his dog - and not your pinball machines...
I mean really, WTF!?!?

You must have missed the 9 pages of Brady Bunch.

#625 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

You must have missed the 9 pages of Brady Bunch.

Too funny. Since there is no topic to discuss it does make me curious. Some Pinsiders love making graphs/etc, would be interesting to see a thread like this showing how many branches of topic spun off from these 600 posts vs how many were actually about the original topic. Pinside threads tend to go Odd directions.

#626 3 years ago

Going back over this thread I guess it was determined wifi is not the innovation. And playing others on different machines in different locations is lame and having a leaderboard for that is about as exciting as reading people's high scores on pinside.

What must be the innovation is what you will be able to connect to to this game thru the wifi.

Hey, if Stern can get $600 for a topper...

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg
#627 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Too funny. Since there is no topic to discuss it does make me curious. Some Pinsiders love making graphs/etc, would be interesting to see a thread like this showing how many branches of topic spun off from these 600 posts vs how many were actually about the original topic. Pinside threads tend to go Odd directions.

Historically, I only make graphs for Stern, and usually only Gomez atrocities. That said, if JJP someday stoops to Stern level antics with unfinished code, etc, I reserve the right to change my stance. Stern's been behaving overall (JP topper DLC excepted), so there hasn't been too much to get up in arms about with Stern lately.

I have sent Jack some pictures to prompt him to spill the beans publicly on pinball's worst-kept, most anticipated secret, though. Today it was a bullet with a rose end...
GnR-Bullet (resized).jpgGnR-Bullet (resized).jpg

#628 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It was totally under the radar when first released, but as video stores started opening up in the early 80s, it became common on display as a rental. That is where I first saw it and watched it. Lots of political uncorrectness in that one.

That’s priceless !!!

#629 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Shit the bed!How old are you dude,I’m 59 and the only person I ever heard use that phrase was my German father in law and he would be 92

For some reason I've read through most of this thread, and found this to be the only thing worth commenting on...I run software development teams, ages range from 25-50, we all use and love the phrase "shit the bed". When dealing with customers though I use the more family friendly "pooped it's pants", "crapped it's pants", "pooped itself", etc. We also giggle like idiots when talking about "shards" as it relates to storage. (Shards...Sharts) Making myself laugh just typing it. Please carry-on with the JJP will never release anything, anytime soon thread.

#630 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

For some reason I've read through most of this thread, and found this to be the only thing worth commenting on...I run software development teams, ages range from 25-50, we all use and love the phrase "shit the bed". When dealing with customers though I use the more family friendly "pooped it's pants", "crapped it's pants", "pooped itself", etc. We also giggle like idiots when talking about "shards" as it relates to storage. (Shards...Sharts) Making myself laugh just typing it. Please carry-on with the JJP will never release anything, anytime soon thread.

To shit the bed is to die,or fail really badly!

#631 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

To shit the bed is to die,or fail really badly!

Where I come if someone gets up way early in the morning or comes into work earlier than usual you would then say "What happened!? Did you shit the bed!??"

Glad this can be my first pinside post lol.

#632 3 years ago
Quoted from Jfed:

Where I come if someone gets up way early in the morning or comes into work earlier than usual you would then say "What happened!? Did you shit the bed!??"
Glad this can be my first pinside post lol.

The idiom "shit the bed" means to fuck up. Think about it... if you shit the bed.... you fucked up pretty bad. Lol

#634 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

The idiom "shit the bed" means to fuck up. Think about it... if you shit the bed.... you fucked up pretty bad. Lol

I think it originally was referring to people dying would shit on the way out stage left

#635 3 years ago

One of the best STB scenes in recent memory.
Don't watch during breakfast.

#636 3 years ago

While we're talking about shit... Might as well talk about farts. Got a good laugh out of this today:

74914 (resized).jpeg74914 (resized).jpeg
#637 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

While we're talking about shit... Might as well talk about farts. Got a good laugh out of this today:[quoted image]

I know this is just a joke, but MY GOD respiratory droplets are 1,000x larger than the nasty gas we emit!

#638 3 years ago

I wonder how much money JJP lost having Stern release TMNT and they produced nothing? All these people jonesing for pinball loaded with stimulus checks. They could've sold a bunch of games I bet had they shown the game already.

#639 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I know this is just a joke, but MY GOD respiratory droplets are 1,000x larger than the nasty gas we emit!

You obviously aren't familiar with...splatter.

#640 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Jennifer was a goddess!

Yep
She was so much better, a little thick, large breasted and young. Actually I'd love her older, a little thick, large.....u know.

#641 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You obviously aren't familiar with...splatter.

Well, there goes breakfast...

#642 3 years ago

Just a heads up, the first episode of the JJP podcast is out. Looks like part of the link turned into an emoji lol but it still works.

https://jjppodcast.libsyn.com/ep-1-jjp-owner-brett-abess?fbclid=IwAR3YlLVeAZvqgVM3VJSkmQgY_VlfnqdTXSMNX8GEGc887J3Ur5jkT5mR8

The first thing that surprised me is that Leonard Abess is not (or no longer) the owner of JJP but his son Brett Abess, didn't know that. I'm glad the Abess family owns JJP as you can tell how passionate they are about pinball and wanting to make the best pinball machines on the planet. Any of your typical investment firms would have ruined what everyone loves about JJP. Brett seems very passionate about pinball and trusting the industry legends and newer employees at the company. Really looking forward to all future games by JJP.

#643 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just a heads up, the first episode of the JJP podcast is out. Looks like part of the link turned into an emoji lol but it still works.
https://jjppodcast.libsyn.com/ep-1-jjp-owner-brett-abess?fbclid=IwAR3YlLVeAZvqgVM3VJSkmQgY_VlfnqdTXSMNX8GEGc887J3Ur5jkT5mR8
The first thing that surprised me is that Leonard Abess is not (or no longer) the owner of JJP but his son Brett Abess, didn't know that. I'm glad the Abess family owns JJP as you can tell how passionate they are about pinball and wanting to make the best pinball machines on the planet. Any of your typical investment firms would have ruined what everyone loves about JJP. Brett seems very passionate about pinball and trusting the industry legends and newer employees at the company. Really looking forward to all future games by JJP.

Glad you posted this. I listened earlier this morning and had quite a few gripes. This is a much more positive take on it. I do with they had announced you know.. anything. I know they actually will soon, but it sort of came off more of a Deeproot style puffery piece at first.

Interesting that given 2 or 3 natural places to mention it (“we have a game at the top of the pinside 100”, “Eric’s first game knocked it out it the park”) Brett never calls Pirates by name. He mentions every single other game specifically.

#644 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Glad you posted this. I listened earlier this morning and had quite a few gripes. This is a much more positive take on it. I do with they had announced you know.. anything. I know they actually will soon, but it sort of came off more of a Deeproot style puffery piece at first.
Interesting that given 2 or 3 natural places to mention it (“we have a game at the top of the pinside 100”, “Eric’s first game knocked it out it the park”) Brett never calls Pirates by name. He mentions every single other game specifically.

I don't see where you are going with not naming Pirates specifically. What's your theory there?

I thought it was a very positive message. You have a young owner who has studied the game/been a fan for years, who cares about moving the game forward, wants to emulate companies like Tesla and is an early investor in Epic Games. Sounds to me like a guy who will push for new advances in pinball. At least that's what my hope is. Agreed that there was no formal announcement and that will remain a bummer until they announce.

#645 3 years ago

It was a nice introduction. Glad to hear Ken back! I'm not sure I would have called Stern buyers fanboys (publicly) if I was trying to convert them to JJP buyers. Bring on GNR!

#646 3 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

I don't see where you are going with not naming Pirates specifically. What's your theory there?
I thought it was a very positive message. You have a young owner who has studied the game/been a fan for years, who cares about moving the game forward, wants to emulate companies like Tesla and is an early investor in Epic Games. Sounds to me like a guy who will push for new advances in pinball. At least that's what my hope is. Agreed that there was no formal announcement and that will remain a bummer until they announce.

No theory, it was just awkward. So much of the info he was giving was clearly written up beforehand, it seemed to me that he was dancing around saying the name of the game. No idea why, just seemed bizarre.

#647 3 years ago

I'm in my 50's. "Shit the bed" and "Screwed the pooch" will never go out of style.

#648 3 years ago

Listened earlier too. Was definitely hoping for an announcement, I’m a huge Guns N’ Roses fan and just wanna see something but what was nice was learning the current state of the company and knowing who’s behind it. He seems very optimistic and passionate about Pinball and JJP and pushing the envelope of the industry. It’s not just about money here. You can see the amount of love put into all of JJPs games and it’s nice knowing that there is more to come. For pinball enthusiasts this is a great thing. The owner felt that the one company left(Stern) was complacent with their products and they aim to change that. Just give us a sneak peak already, we’ve been patient =)

#649 3 years ago

I listened to the podcast on the way to work...it seemed like a lot of time and effort was put into getting the factory moved. To me they seemed excited about that, are just getting their footing in Chicago, and that a lot of “hype videos” were probably just focused around that feeling of accomplishment of getting there and settled. Now with the factory so close to the design team, they can focus on their making their innovation a reality. My guess is once they get their lines rolling, we’ll be able to see their next release (likely gnr) in a few weeks, where they can ship some standards as soon as released.

#650 3 years ago

I understand the need for a tease the same day turtles is announced... I get it... no brainer... get everyone to hit the “pause” button before they spend the ever so valuable dollar (especially these days). But seriously, what’s next? Heck I would take another teaser at this point just so we know JJP wasn’t hacked and it was all a hoax!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 11,000.00
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

8,400 (OBO)
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/13?hl=kkoss24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.