501C9C9C-8493-4920-B6CA-E14EAB8D24E5 (resized).jpeg
hondo (resized).jpg
tenor (9).gif
disappoint (resized).png
tenor-2 (resized).png
chefkiss.gif
Captura de pantalla 2020-10-05 a las 21.43.20 (resized).png
517C61AF-6315-4EFE-A04B-00A05C666DB7 (resized).jpeg

There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 69.
#451 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'll go with Back to the Future in a heart beat as long as all 3 films are covered with full assets. That's one of my last dream themes.

You’re dreaming on your dream theme and asking way too much. No company in 2020 and beyond is going to buy full assets and leave us with an empty PF like SW, at least I hope not. BTTF will be awesome if it really is coming. Interesting, TWIP does not have it listed as a possible future title.

#452 3 years ago

Wild guess/wish: Alongside a hugely improved set of speakers, JJP has hired Brian Schmidt to create a new custom sound system with on-the-fly modern synthesizers to allow for the most interactive music and sound package pinball has ever seen (Or, heard I guess ). For those who don't know, besides composing for Williams and Sega/Data East, Brian Schmidt has also actually created sound systems in the past, including the original Xbox audio system and the BSMT2000 chip used on Whitestar games. I'd be absolutely thrilled if JJP brought him back into the pinball industry, as I think he could really start pushing sound design in pinball more than anyone else is at the moment.

#453 3 years ago

Are we there yet?

#454 3 years ago
Quoted from KickahaOta:

Are we there yet?

I don’t know about you, but I’m already there. Granted, I’ll be even more there when the new title is shown. I’m in no hurry, though, I’m enjoying the thread.

#455 3 years ago

A Bose sound system is innovative? Are we living in the 80s?? Really hope this isn't true...

#456 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

You’re dreaming on your dream theme and asking way too much. No company in 2020 and beyond is going to buy full assets and leave us with an empty PF like SW, at least I hope not. BTTF will be awesome if it really is coming. Interesting, TWIP does not have it listed as a possible future title.

I don't think I'm asking for too much. These games are crazy expensive and should come with full assets if based on a license. Hobbit, Batman 66, Star Wars, and Ghostbusters are a few modern titles that have what many would consider full assets. If Stern or JJP did Back to the Future and based it only off the first film and can't use Michael J. Fox's likeness it would be a huge disaapointment in my opinion.

#457 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

A Bose sound system is innovative? Are we living in the 80s?? Really hope this isn't true...

As cool and innovative as a 1983 Buick Riviera.

#458 3 years ago

Speaker upgrade COULD be innovative it they make it surround sound. Maybe bounce sound off the ceiling and make it sound like it is behind/beside you? I'm sorta bummed to hear it is Bose, but let's hang in there.

JJP, release some damn info already.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If Stern or JJP did Back to the Future and based it only off the first film and can't use Michael J. Fox's likeness it would be a huge disaapointment in my opinion.

I can see it now: they would spin it by saying, "YOU are Marty McFly!" Boom.... no Michael J Fox needed. :/

#459 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

LoL, I always heard it stood for Better Off w Something Else.
Seriously though, Bose can sound half way decent for such a generally small package but are always really over priced.

Bose shines at making small speakers sound full and good and pinball Machine would fit the bill.

Can’t believe people are complaining about this, I’ll take it over all the POS pinball speaker options on the market.

I think it’s going to sound remarkably good with plenty of bass, no extra sub needed.

Additionally it could incorporate their SoundTouch wireless technology which would make it a stereo system to play anything through.

We have them all throughout our house and pool area and it came down to bose SoundTouch or Sonos and we thought the bose sounded better.

I’m looking forward to seeing this as long as it doesn’t add 2k to the price

#460 3 years ago

Spooky already does an amazing job with the sound system in their games.

#461 3 years ago

At this point my NIB dollars are waiting to see what GNR looks like. TMNT looks cool but I can't justify a $9k+ price tag for a Stern LE, there just isn't enough features, code, and quality there in my opinion for that price. I don't know if any new game is worth $9k+ but I do feel JJP offers the most for your money at that price point when it comes to features, code, and quality.

On another note I hope JJP does away with the stupid high LE counts with GNR. Stern has the right idea making LE counts 500. There's nothing limited about an LE count of 5,000, that takes away from the collectibility of buying the higher end model. I like what JJP did starting with Wonka in regards to offering a standard edition at $7500. Personally I would have liked to a see a premium model at $8500 that comes with the Wonkavator ball lock and is feature wise the same as the LE. Then the LE could be on its own at a reasonable LE count of 500 or less for $9500.

#462 3 years ago

Could this potentially be their lowest cost offering yet?

I would think music themed machines would be lower in licensing compared to all the Hollywood movies stuff. Beatles being the outlier with licensing.

#463 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I would think music themed machines would be lower in licensing compared to all the Hollywood movies stuff. Beatles being the outlier with licensing.

I heard a rumor (for what it's worth) that Slash gave them the license very cheap or free so that they could put more into the game. I don't know if that's true or not, but he does love pinball.

#464 3 years ago

I couldn't care less about upgraded speakers.

"Alexa, play multi ball. And add eggs to my shopping list."

#465 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

At this point my NIB dollars are waiting to see what GNR looks like. TMNT looks cool but I can't justify a $9k+ price tag for a Stern LE, there just isn't enough features, code, and quality there in my opinion for that price. I don't know if any new game is worth $9k+ but I do feel JJP offers the most for your money at that price point when it comes to features, code, and quality.
On another note I hope JJP does away with the stupid high LE counts with GNR. Stern has the right idea making LE counts 500. There's nothing limited about an LE count of 5,000, that takes away from the collectibility of buying the higher end model. I like what JJP did starting with Wonka in regards to offering a standard edition at $7500. Personally I would have liked to a see a premium model at $8500 that comes with the Wonkavator ball lock and is feature wise the same as the LE. Then the LE could be on its own at a reasonable LE count of 500 or less for $9500.

Agree..... That's why you get the pro ; )

Quoted from Psw757:

Bose shines at making small speakers sound full and good and pinball Machine would fit the bill.
Can’t believe people are complaining about this, I’ll take it over all the POS pinball speaker options on the market.
I think it’s going to sound remarkably good with plenty of bass, no extra sub needed.
Additionally it could incorporate their SoundTouch wireless technology which would make it a stereo system to play anything through.
We have them all throughout our house and pool area and it came down to bose SoundTouch or Sonos and we thought the bose sounded better.

You can't believe people would complain about how including Bose speakers wouldn't constitute "innovation" and wouldn't deserve the title of "everything will change"?

Really? I'm sure you can understand how this wouldn't be deserving of those lofty statements. I guess Stern's LEs that come with better sound of innovation as well? Of course not

#466 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Why would it be any lower priced than unlicensed DI? I assume you mean "priced" when you use the term "cost". I guess it could be JJP's lowest BOM game though.

#467 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I heard a rumor (for what it's worth) that Slash gave them the license very cheap or free so that they could put more into the game. I don't know if that's true or not, but he does love pinball.

That would be great! Really looking forward to seeing what Eric has come up for a design on this game. Also pumped to hear about Keith's next crazy deep ruleset.

#468 3 years ago

This shit is crazy!Eric if your listening go tell the bosses it’s time to show your newest innovation

#469 3 years ago

I saw this thread was on fire and I took an oath to deal with these kinds of situations...

Where's the fire?

20200518_200435 (resized).jpg20200518_200435 (resized).jpg

#470 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I saw this thread was on fire and I took an oath to deal with these kinds of situations...
Where's the fire?
[quoted image]

Maybe bro can help put this one out?

#471 3 years ago

Again, people in this thread are saying they don't care about upgraded speakers, but what if there is some new technology in them to make it sound more 3d or immersive? I don't see why they would hype that up if it is so ho-hum. Also, we are taking fucking kaneda's word in it. Let's wait and see before we get too bent out of shape about the innovation.

#472 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Maybe bro can help put this one out?

not his job. he's a designer, not the marketer (is that a word?)

I am just as anxious to see what's going on as you guys. Waiting to get the okay to come and see the new factory. Hopefully soon!

#473 3 years ago

Maybe its dolby atmos like the klipsch speakers fires from the top of the backbox

#474 3 years ago

Where's the fire?
[quoted image]

Love it!

#475 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Just saying tour is canceled

Tour is postponed, not canceled ... stay tuned!

#476 3 years ago
Quoted from tacreno:

Maybe its dolby atmos like the klipsch speakers fires from the top of the backbox

I love Klipsch speakers.. that horn is amazing

#477 3 years ago

With Toppergate 2.0 today, JJP would be missing out huge not to announce GnR this week.

#478 3 years ago

Where's the fire?

Looks like they hang firemen upside down to dry.

LTG : )

#479 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I will never understand why people would pay extra for a LE game even with a run of 500

#480 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That would be true JJP innovation

#481 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I will never understand why people would pay extra for a LE game even with a run of 500

I tend to agree with Stern....with most JJP games I can usually justify the additional capital....invisiglass, lighting, external head phone and volume control, powder coating, topper (even though they usually crap), along with a few play field features (even though on JJP games its the same game).....the one nice thing with Stern is they limit the amount of LE's built...whereas JJP seems to build countless versions

#482 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Looks like they hang firemen upside down to dry.
LTG : )

yeah, those are the fun "ice rescue suits." I had the pleasure of using one for training this past winter. they are very well made and you don't feel the cold at all when in them.

#483 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Here is one explanation for Bose hate. While I do think Bose speakers cost too much for what you get, I'll never buy their products due to use of unnecessary proprietary connectors/connections.

#484 3 years ago

I think they will wait to reveal anything until they are ready to ship. I think the goal all along was to announce GnR and then ship within 2 weeks.

I think moving, covid 19, setting up a new factory, hiring, etc... has understandably delayed that.

#485 3 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I think they will wait to reveal anything until they are ready to ship.

That makes sense but then why release that teaser so early? Unless it was by accident, based on a previous schedule or something embarrassing like that.

#486 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I was watching Breaking the Band on GnR. It said Axel threw a tantrum before a really big concert and refused to go on stage unless Slash and another member signed over the band to him, basically making them employees. Shortly after that is when everyone left the band. I dont think Slash is in a position to give the rights to anyone. He may be working with JJP to get Axel to give them what they need.

#487 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

I was watching Breaking the Band on GnR. It said Axel threw a tantrum before a really big concert and refused to go on stage unless Slash and another member signed over the band to him, basically making them employees. Shortly after that is when everyone left the band. I dont think Slash is in a position to give the rights to anyone. He may be working with JJP to get Axel to give them what they need.

I'm sure age and 50 pounds have mellowed Axel out a little bit....seems like the drugs have worn off and they all seem to get along now....I wouldn't be surprised if the band just said "Hey man do whatever u want"

#488 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm sure age and 50 pounds have mellowed Axel out a little bit....seems like the drugs have worn off and they all seem to get along now....I wouldn't be surprised if the band just said "Hey man do whatever u want"

50 lbs. You are being too kind...I will admit I am very happy there are no pics of me from 88 and 2020 side by side. People would assume my 2020 picture was the guy who ate the 1988 guy in the picture

6ca278a5789e54a2075e0c6846d50439 (resized).jpg6ca278a5789e54a2075e0c6846d50439 (resized).jpg
#489 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Here is one explanation for Bose hate. While I do think Bose speakers cost too much for what you get, I'll never buy their products due to use of unnecessary proprietary connectors/connections.

That isn’t true, regular speaker wire works.

#490 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Agree..... That's why you get the pro ; )

You can't believe people would complain about how including Bose speakers wouldn't constitute "innovation" and wouldn't deserve the title of "everything will change"?
Really? I'm sure you can understand how this wouldn't be deserving of those lofty statements. I guess Stern's LEs that come with better sound of innovation as well? Of course not

Are you really saying you think Stern speakers and audio adjustments sound good?

You really thing flipper Fidelity sounds good?

They are all shit and bose will be an upgrade.

#491 3 years ago

I really think I don;t even turn my games up loud so a Speaker upgrade is pointless to me

Do you think it will come with huge fake speakers to put on your wall and then you can amaze your friends by removing the fake speakers revealing the tiny cube speakers underneath?! Ha...malls.

#492 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That isn’t true, regular speaker wire works.

That's not true for the Bose Lifestyle system that was installed in my house. Unfortunately, this product wasn't available when I ripped them off the walls
https://www.vesselaudio.com/2019/08/26/bose-lifestyle-replacement/

#493 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

That's not true for the Bose Lifestyle system that was installed in my house. Unfortunately, this product wasn't available when I ripped them off the walls

Putting a Bose sound system on a yacht, I call that being cheap.

#494 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Are you really saying you think Stern speakers and audio adjustments sound good?

The one thing they all have in common..... It's not innovation. They don't change everything.... I'm sure of that

#495 3 years ago

WiFi that connects pinball speakers to wireless speakers in your home. That could be pretty good.

#496 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

That makes sense but then why release that teaser so early? Unless it was by accident, based on a previous schedule or something embarrassing like that.

I think just to let people know there are still around and excited about their future and making pinball machines.

I'm not even sure it was GnR specific.

Pinball people are crazy, and on the internet, 24 hrs can seem like an eternity. Maybe they knew pinball world would obsess and speculate and wonder what was coming...I guess that's the kind of thing you want in marketing.

#497 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I'm saying the shit I replace that shit with sounds good. I have no need to pay extra for the Bose name (and you can be assured this Bose "upgrade" will come with YAPI!)

#498 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I'm saying the shit I replace that shit with sounds good. I have no need to pay extra for the Bose name (and you can be assured this Bose "upgrade" will come with YAPI!)

That’s a unknown at this point regarding cost but the one thing I know for certain is that it can’t be worse than what we have currently because all options at the moment blow if you any kind of audiophile.

#499 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I can’t speak to the lifestyle stuff but acoustimass and SoundTouch as well as the larger bookshelf size can take monster cable or any flavor of wire. I’ve been doing it for the last 20 years without issue.

#500 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

50 lbs. You are being too kind...I will admit I am very happy there are no pics of me from 88 and 2020 side by side. People would assume my 2020 picture was the guy who ate the 1988 guy in the picture
[quoted image]

Ha no doubt....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairmount, IN
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 3,446 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 69.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/10?hl=goodomens and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.