(Topic ID: 19699)

New Jersey Jack Update ready!

By spfxted

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jscrow.gif
    cigar-smoker.gif
    witch_flies_4.gif
    c4ec570e06353eb07d23aec5588f01e1.jpg
    197.jpg
    199.jpg
    jwiztree.gif
    wingmonk.gif
    jack.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

It's there...Greetings Pinball Fans,

"We're moving along, going as fast as we can....." That's been some of what we can report on production. More and more assemblies continue to be built, more parts arrive daily and we are getting games together.

This week JJP welcomed Howard Bellin one of the owners of Bumper Action our Exclusive Australian Distributor. Howard was very pleased with what he saw; " My visit with you was fantastic. I was enormously impressed with WOZ and your organization." Howard has a great passion for the business and we are looking forward to visiting him later this year.

Although we exhibited a game at E3 and the Northwest Pinball Show last month, we have not told you everything about the game. we need to keep some things to be discovered. The General Illumination lights, another game feature not revealed, several innovations to make maintenance and service easier for the casual owner as well as the route operator and Keith's Rules in programming++

ECLEWOZ games are in short supply if any distributors still have them. We want to remind everyone that the WOZ games are available and the first 1,000 games have a numbered plaque, the game has a signed certificate, has all the toys, artwork and game rules that the ECLEWOZ has.

We know that everyone is waiting for the ultimate update - when we say that we are building your game next. We can see that's coming in these next several months and we are hopeful that real games will ship in September. We have taken a lot of extra time to get this game right. As we place games on location we will shake out some potential problems too. There are many moving parts and many elements that have to come together from many sources. We believe we are building the greatest pinball machine ever because if we believed any less, that's what we would be giving you.

Gabe asked us for another speech call so we picked the dashboard view first then The Wizard and his speech call. A few other e mails asked for some candid shots of assembly and those are below too. In the next update we will have an announcement about our JJP Sound System. Enjoy!

#2 11 years ago

Shoot the ramp!

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

We have taken a lot of extra time to get this game right.

I commend Jack for doing this. Rushing production and shipments on your first product sets you up for a deep hole to crawl out of if your product is perceived as no good.

#5 11 years ago

talk about commitment to excellence!

the guy on the left will be delivering your games, directly to your house, on his back...

-jon

jack.jpgjack.jpg

#6 11 years ago

It still feels like it is going to be a while before we get our games....

#7 11 years ago

I am pleased with this awesome use of the LCD.

#8 11 years ago

There's sooo much cool stuff left to find out about! I wanna see the Monkey fly! I wanna see what that Crystal Ball does! I wanna hear about the Sound System! I'm excited!

wingmonk.gifwingmonk.gif

#9 11 years ago

It still feels like it is going to be a while before we get our games....

Merry Christmas! Sweet!!

jwiztree.gifjwiztree.gif

#10 11 years ago

Upload the assembly line pics please and gi

#11 11 years ago

one

199.jpg199.jpg

#13 11 years ago

Seems in line with what Jack told me at E3. Looks like they're on schedule.

#14 11 years ago

Omg I want my money back if I can't have this game NOW!!!

You know they are coming I thought I would lead the charge

#15 11 years ago

I hope one of these games makes it to the Atlanta area, I would like to have a crack at it.

#16 11 years ago

Im happy

#17 11 years ago

Nice! Looks like progress is being made. I would definitely would've considered this if it the theme wasn't such a non-starter for me.

#18 11 years ago

Is that the GI bulbs? RGB frosted LEDs? I wonder what kind of connector they're using? Probably not a 555 or 47 since it would need more than 2 contacts to control the RGB.

#19 11 years ago

I don't want to come across as a naysayer, but how is this an "update" of anything? What's news here?

#20 11 years ago

Thank you Teddy, not as good as Titties but I love it! Look at those SOB's coming off the line....

Who is that Big MFer? Jack's bodyguard?..Maybe the JJP#2 is the Incredible Hulk?

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I don't want to come across as a naysayer, but how is this an "update" of anything? What's news here?

Calm down Beavis.............!

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Better than nothing? I enjoy these little snipits, as we have a long time to wait. If they told us everything today, that would lead to a long wait for the game to actually ship. I like the little sneak previews, although I didn't want that email to end of course.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Who is that Big MFer? Jack's bodyguard?..Maybe the JJP#2 is the Incredible Hulk?

LOL. However, for perspective, one of the reasons I think Jack started with the WOZ theme is he and his team are all munchkin sized, other than Nordman.

OH dear, sorry for the joke at your expense, Jack!

#24 11 years ago

What the hell is Brock Lesnar doing there?

#25 11 years ago

Wtf...is that Nordman....does he just look bigger because he is among munchkins?

That dude's head is bigger than the LED screen....

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Calm down Beavis.............!

Heh, how sweet, you remembered!

#27 11 years ago

That isn't Nordman.

#28 11 years ago

That is a big Aussie. Damn.

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Heh, how sweet, you remembered!

Of course Rob...haha..

Anybody know who that big pu**y is, he looks pretty slow, I think we could whoop his a**

#30 11 years ago

I like it.

#31 11 years ago

some good photos - nice update

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

That isn't Nordman.

Thats the dude that is doing the cabinets i believe..

#33 11 years ago

The "Shoot the Ramp" phrase is cool but can be annoying after a while.

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from JoeJet:

Thats the dude that is doing the cabinets i believe..

I just spit my beer out! ROTFLMAO...you mean he is the "Assembly Line" and moves the cabinets two at a time on his back?

#35 11 years ago

I thought He was half of a NFL offensive front line

#36 11 years ago

FFFFFFFFFuuuu... Looking Great, I have a feeling my close to 7k would be better spent on a WoZ than XMLE... Why Jack, why did it have to be WoZ?!!!!!!

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from copperpot:

FFFFFFFFFuuuu... Looking Great, I have a feeling my close to 7k would be better spent on a WoZ than XMLE... Why Jack, why did it have to be WoZ?!!!!!!

WTF, grab a WOZ too...the $$ better spent boat sailed last year........but I'm sure XMEN will be great too (just not nearly as good)

#38 11 years ago

I want it now, but I want it right even more. I'll wait, but I am VERY excited about this pin!!!

#39 11 years ago

I like my beer, but I bet that big Aussie can knock back a few Fosters!

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from txstargazer3:

I like my beer, but I bet that big Aussie can knock back a few Fosters!

Ok, I'm done, been through a Coors light 16oz Nine pack and that big lug still looks really slow....!

I too am VERY excited!

#41 11 years ago

This reminds me of when Blizzard released StarCraft 2 2 years ago. People were nearly revolting over the fact that it was taking so long but Blizzard stuck with the "It's done when it's done" mentality and eventually got it out. And it was nothing short of awesome. Wizard of Oz will be no different, that's a fact.

c4ec570e06353eb07d23aec5588f01e1.jpgc4ec570e06353eb07d23aec5588f01e1.jpg

#42 11 years ago

Sorry, but I actually LIKE the way jack's doing it...letting out just a snippet at a time. This is all great and I can't wait to play it. I'm gonna give Jack a call soon and find out when we can visit.

witch_flies_4.gifwitch_flies_4.gif

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Sorry, but I actually LIKE the way jack's doing it...letting out just a snippet at a time. This is all great and I can't wait to play it. I'm gonna give Jack a call soon and find out when we can visit.

I agree with you Ted. I'm enjoying the ride. Because I am later in the LE production run, I'm hoping I can arrange a tour of JJP after the first ones have been delivered and the cloak of secrecy has been lifted. It's a long trip from Texas, but it would be worthwhile.

#44 11 years ago

Yeah...I figure no sense going until there is a fully functional one to play. Lucky I'm only about an hour away...

cigar-smoker.gifcigar-smoker.gif

#45 11 years ago

Every little update takes us that much closer, sit back, enjoy the ride, it'll be worth the wait!!!

#46 11 years ago

And your little dog too! Ya hah hah hah hah

jscrow.gifjscrow.gif

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Wtf...is that Nordman

No...he is just another big guy is all.

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

No...he is just another big guy is all.

That is Roger Harris of JJP. This was confirmed by Roger on the WOZ owners group this morning.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jersey-jack-update-ready and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.