(Topic ID: 105864)

CzTV video mod for any machine - full speed, high resolution, high viewing angle

By CraZyMuffin

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 443 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by CraZyMuffin
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 185 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200227_003819 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200227_003743 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200222_204256 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190211_014116 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191204_232234 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191203_212449 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200219_192851 (resized).jpg
IMG_2226 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190729_194333 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190729_013356 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190729_013308 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190729_013015 (resized).jpg
IMG_2198 (resized).jpg
IMG_2963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2196 (resized).jpg
IMG_2195 (resized).jpg

There are 443 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
#351 3 years ago

Phew! That took a long time to test and box them all up, but that is finally complete! Everyone who paid for a V2 or V3 has them boxed up and ready for shipping tomorrow. I will drop them off at the post office when I can!

#352 3 years ago

The first much-requested elvira TV is being sent out! I can start shipping for Scared Stiff now, EATPM will require a special power tap, but it can be done also!

Current Stock levels:
V2: 3
V3: 2
V4: 0 (9 on order with deposit or full payment)

Keep the orders coming! Once I have everything settled down from making up some sound mods, getting Elvria and Freddy video ready, and shipping out the last of the V2 and V3, I will be able to start cranking out a large batch of V4!

20170303_195328 (resized).jpg

#353 3 years ago

I have also completed a Freddy TV Mod, however I will need to figure out a new power tap for Gottlieb system 3 pins.

I have shipped all Version 2 and 3 mods that have been paid for, and also sent updates to those buyers with installation directions.

I would love to get pictures of my V3 and V4 mods installed so I can put together new installation manuals and suggestions for mounting locations.

A quick note about Addams Family. I had to make new mounting brackets for V3 and V4 because I lost a mounting point on the back of my mod. This new bracket is at a different offset, and I am not 100% sure it will work in the back left of AF anymore. If there is an installation problem, I have a new bracket that I can ship out to those that purchased a AF version of the mod.

1 week later
#354 3 years ago

Vv3 installed in Addams Family

IMG_0211 (resized).JPG

IMG_0212 (resized).JPG

#355 3 years ago

Thanks for posting some pictures!

Working on some version 4 tonight.. new circuit design makes things easier on the final steps.

20170313_212133 (resized).jpg

1489454581988247801379 (resized).jpg

#358 3 years ago

Back to working on them today, hope to have some done this weekend to ship out!

I still have a version 2 left and a version 3 left if anyone is interested at the discounted prices. ($180 and $190 respectively)

I have about 12 version 4s on order now, if anyone else wants to get in on this first batch, I just need a deposit!

I have shipped out all version 2 and 3 orders so far, if anyone has any questions on those, or if they did not receive it yet, please let me know!!!

#359 3 years ago

Close to finished on a large batch yesterday, ran out of displays, but I will have enough to cover all current orders with some extra stock left over.

20170319_000831 (resized).jpg

#360 3 years ago

Just need to add the finishing touches on these and test! I hope to have in the mail before the weekend. Looks like I am short on a couple sound add on kits, so I will have to make some more up.

I will be reach out to those who sent a deposit to collect the rest of the payment.

Check out some pics! Notice the difference in the back from version 3 to 4.

I also put together a prototype antique picture frame so I can figure out which brackets I need.

20170321_190848 (resized).jpg
20170321_174958 (resized).jpg

#361 3 years ago

Phew! These final assembly, testing, and packing steps always take longer than I think. Just about done, just need to load any non TZ videos that people requested. 15 will go out this weekend for sure, total of 10 sound kits. (Or be ready to send for those waiting on final payments to be collected)

I have 1 left for immediate shipping in this batch! Let me know if anyone interested.

20170324_002114 (resized).jpg

#362 3 years ago

Have suggested games for the antique picture frame?

#363 3 years ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

Have suggested games for the antique picture frame?

Originally designed for TFTC, could be used as an alternate for elvira games, TZ, or TAF I suppose. Can't think of others at the moment. I will have to think on it.

#364 3 years ago

One of these will be perfect for my SAW re-theme, awesome work

#365 3 years ago

I think the antique frame would look great in TAF. Crazymuffin, put me on the list!

#366 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

One of these will be perfect for my SAW re-theme, awesome work

Awesome! When you are ready for one, let me know which case you prefer (old TV, silver antique picture frame, or gold antique picture frame), and what kind of video you might want to see playing on it.

Quoted from Toucanf16:

I think the antique frame would look great in TAF. Crazymuffin, put me on the list!

Great! I will be sending out the one I made for testing, need to know what kind of brackets I should include. I will let you know when testing is complete and I can sell ready to install!

#367 3 years ago
Quoted from CraZyMuffin:

Awesome! When you are ready for one, let me know which case you prefer (old TV, silver antique picture frame, or gold antique picture frame), and what kind of video you might want to see playing on it.

Most probably old, Jigsaw seems to have a collection of dirty and dingy tv sets

Out of curiosity what or how much video in terms of length can you install? And can it be triggered at mode start or simply on all the time running a continual loop?

Thanks

#368 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Most probably old, Jigsaw seems to have a collection of dirty and dingy tv sets
Out of curiosity what or how much video in terms of length can you install? And can it be triggered at mode start or simply on all the time running a continual loop?
Thanks

Sounds good!

The USB drive I include is 16gb, generally about 6-10 hours can fit on there depending on file size. My mod will support any size USB drive, so you could have hundreds of hours of video with a large drive.

Right now my mod cannot be triggered from actions in the game. When the pinball is powered on, the mod boots up (for about 15-20 seconds) then immediately starts playing video. There are some settings on the USB drive to configure randomized videos to be played each time, or they can be played in sequence. Once all videos are played, it will loop.

I just finished packing all Version 4 orders! I will drop them in the mail shortly. My first batch is all gone, but I should have another batch made up that will be ready for shipping in a week or so.

I still have a Version 2 and Version 3 available for a discount, PM me for details!

#369 3 years ago

All orders have been sent out! I owe everyone from this last batch some instructions.. I have been trying to make a new manual, but need some spare time. For now you can see how to install it from my old manual for version 2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8i1cta7losuk599/CzTV%20TZ%20Installation_Instructions_V2.pdf?dl=0

#370 3 years ago

Just a quick update on the brackets I have sent out with recent purchases. If you purchased a Version 3, you probably received 3 different brackets. I have noticed that two of them can essentially mount the TV at the same spot, except one was much more limited on machine and placement compatibility, so I have retired the 3rd bracket.

For those who purchased a Version 4 recently, you should only receive 2 brackets. An "L" shaped bracket that will hang from the playfield glass back channel screws and a straight bracket that can be used in various positions around the playfield, generally mounted from screws on ramps. NOTE: This L shaped bracket is designed to be used at an angle as shown in the picture below, this allows you the option of mounting the TV on the far left back channel screw (looks good in Addams Family).

Going forward, I have moved the mounting point on the bottom of the TV slightly offset so the "L" shaped bracket does not need to be at an angle, it can be mounted straight back.

If the brackets you receive cannot be used for your ideal mounting location, please let me know and I will make you a custom bracket at your request.

Here are some new updated manuals for version 4:

TZ:
https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai1ebmmPcYZgg_ygutd4F_qZD2dw

TAF:
https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai1ebmmPcYZgg_8ZcxPg9SoJuuo9FA

XFiles:
https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai1ebmmPcYZgg_8bsn9xV39dGdU8nQ

20170401_142027 (resized).jpg

#371 3 years ago

Also finished a Williams IJ manual:
https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai1ebmmPcYZgg_8mNnE9fpggNYOkLw

I will need some pictures of my mod inside of Scared Stiff to create an instruction manual. I could possibly sell one at a slight discount if someone is willing to take some nice pictures.

Also looking to get my mod in additional machines to see which brackets and locations work best! Send me a PM if you are interested in trying my mod in a different machine and we can discuss!

#372 2 years ago

Thanks for all the updates.

2 weeks later
#373 2 years ago

I finished a large batch, tested, packed, and ready for sale! Let me know if interested. Can customize to your game of choice and ship asap! (Some games require a special power tap and may delay shipping)

Tv is $220 shipped to US, sound is an additional $35 (sound is made to order, so might delay shipping). Discounts for return customers, multiple orders, etc...

I will try to post in the pinside marketplace when I get a chance, make it easier to order.

#374 2 years ago

My first shop item is posted! https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1076-cztv-mods/00808-twilight-zone-tv-mod-with-video-latest-version-4

I will add additional items for each pinball machine theme when I get a chance.

#375 2 years ago

Some pictures of my mod in a freddy pin, thanks to another pinsider for testing it out for me! Had to make a custom 5v/12v power tap.. If I have to make more, I will be sure to make a custom power tap circuit board to make production easier...

IMG_6801 (resized).JPG
IMG_6818 (resized).JPG
IMG_6798 (resized).JPG

#376 2 years ago

man your stuff looks awesome! I am still waiting patiently for a Jurassic Park version so I can get mine even more custom!

great job!!!!!

1 week later
#377 2 years ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

man your stuff looks awesome! I am still waiting patiently for a Jurassic Park version so I can get mine even more custom!
great job!!!!!

Thanks!!

I hope to have some progress on JP soon! Keep an eye out for updates, and I will let you know as soon as I have something I can ship!

I also have another older version 2 available with the old sound mod. I can set it up for most machines and I can sell for $180 shipped with the sound! Pm me if interested!

3 weeks later
#378 2 years ago

Prototype Jurassic Park monitor is in! Just playing around with video and accessories to match Nedry's monitor in the movie. Just need some yellow post-it notes now...

I am playing around with the following video for it...
1. the original movie
2. a selection of clips from the movie, example:

3. JP security system footage found here:

4. Nedry's full footage found here:

5. Custom JP guide footage here (not official):

Attached some pictures, and also a picture of the CRT monitor in the movie for reference. (NOTE: looks better in person, this is a quick picture with my camera phone.. I will try and get a video demo up soon!)

Jurassic-Park-Computers (resized).jpg

20170530_144907 (resized).jpg

20170530_145214 (resized).jpg

20170530_151020 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#379 2 years ago

Got some new power taps put together tonight. Just need to test them and make sure everything is good to go, then I can start shipping my tv for additional pinball themes! Including the jurassic park tv from my last post.

20170606_204632 (resized).jpg

#380 2 years ago

I got some power taps made for JP, just need to test them all, finalize video, find some good mounting points, take a quick demo video, then I will be ready to take orders! Let me know if interested!

20170606_232500 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#381 2 years ago

where would you think would be a good place to put this MOD? it looks pretty big

#382 2 years ago
Quoted from CraZyMuffin:

I got some power taps made for JP, just need to test them all, finalize video, find some good mounting points, take a quick demo video, then I will be ready to take orders! Let me know if interested!

That picture looks like you're running Commodore 64 BASIC..

#383 2 years ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

where would you think would be a good place to put this MOD? it looks pretty big

I hope to find some time this weekend to test fit. The base can be removed to free up some height if needed.

3 months later
#384 2 years ago
Quoted from CraZyMuffin:

I hope to find some time this weekend to test fit. The base can be removed to free up some height if needed.

did you ever find a good spot for this mod in a JP?

1 week later
#385 2 years ago
Quoted from C65Mustang:

did you ever find a good spot for this mod in a JP?

Unfortunately I have been super super busy the last couple of months, haven't had time to walk downstairs and play around with it.. I want to get back into the JP mod soon, so hopefully I can have an answer! I know a few people were looking forward to this mod.

I have some stock of my standard tv mod that I need to move this week to help pay for a large purchase, so I am going to put everything in my pinside store on sale $15 off for this week only!! https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1076-cztv-mods

I only have 5 left for immediate shipping! Not sure when I will be able to make another batch!

2 weeks later
#386 2 years ago

Very nice work

1 month later
#387 2 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Very nice work

Thanks!!!

I am currently OUT OF STOCK of all models of my mod, however I will be getting another batch ready in the coming weeks. In the meantime, check out the newest theme for my mod!

Hurricane install instructions:
https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai1ebmmPcYZghIxdqkcZAs-R-Pe5gw

20171118_145053 (resized).jpg

20171118_145106 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#388 2 years ago

I think your mod is great. I would love to order one for my scared stiff please. Let me know if you need a deposit. Thank you.

#389 2 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

I think your mod is great. I would love to order one for my scared stiff please. Let me know if you need a deposit. Thank you.

Thanks for your interest in my mod! I have started production on another batch of these and I do currently have 1 available for shipping! I will send you a PM for more details!

#390 2 years ago

Found 3 easy mounting positions for the JP mod. I already sold 1, and I only have 1 other available at the moment. (2 if someone wants to buy the mod with the first prototype CRT monitor case.)

IMG_20171228_221119 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171228_220737 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171228_220122 (resized).jpg

#392 2 years ago

Last picture for JP. Laminated the picture nedry had on his monitor in the movie. Can be stuck on at your preference with some included double sided permanent (I hope) tape.

Getting my first JP TV shipped out now!

IMG_20180106_003214 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180106_003124 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#393 2 years ago

I updated my Hurricane mod with some POV rollercoaster footage. I thought that might fit a little better. This will work for any of the rollercoaster themed pinball machines. I also took a video of it in action!

Video:

IMG_20180128_123041 (resized).jpg

#394 2 years ago

I have also taken some pics/video of T2 and Waterworld so I can make my installation manuals and get them listed for sale officially.

Here is the T2 video:

IMG_20180128_160645 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180128_142258 (resized).jpg

#395 2 years ago

Waterworld:

IMG_20180128_132444 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180128_132341 (resized).jpg

1 week later
2 weeks later
#397 2 years ago

Can u make one for sopranos is this different than the one from mezle mods

#398 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

Can u make one for sopranos is this different than the one from mezle mods

This is different from the one Mezel Mods sells, mine runs from a Raspberry Pi on a 2.8" LCD at full frame rate. See here for an example of my mod running Addams Family:

However I can make my TV mod for Sopranos! Let me know if you are interested!

#399 2 years ago

Here is a new option for my TV mod, blood splattered! (This was requested by Scott, but I think it looks really good for some themes, so I am offered it as an option to everyone).

Possible machines it would look good in: Sopranos, TFTC, Freddy, Terminator 2, Dirty Harry

IMG_20180225_144253 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180225_144322 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#400 2 years ago

I have updated the software because of a bug found by a user running the TV mod 24/7, after a few days the TV might freeze up and need to be restarted.

Along with this bug fix, I have also:
-Converted all video files into a new format which plays smoother in some circumstances where it may have showed some lag.
-better sound support, sound is enabled by default (no need to change the configuration file manually)
-faster boot time

It is not a major change unless you leave your game on overnight. (which you should not do anyway..)

All future mods sold will include these updates. If anyone with a version 3 or later mod would like the software update, please PM me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 443 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside