New Info On Payment Plan for Wizard of Oz Pin

By Pintucky

13 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 13 years ago

I wanted to give some encouragement to those of you debating whether you can afford the hefty price tag for the new WOZ that Jersey Jack is coming out with, especially plopping down a big wad of change all at once. What you will read below is the ONLY way I could afford to get one of these. This will certainly make it a lot easier on me.

Jack has had feedback from some of us who have put our $250 down for the WOZ. Several of us have contacted him regarding the difficulty of paying one lump sum for the macine. He has come up with this payment plan:
3/15 - $1000 - Fully Refundable
6/15 - $1000 - Fully Refundable
9/15 - $1000 - Fully Refundable
10/31 - Time when the order is converted into a Special Order -
12/15 - Tentative Delivery - Balance $3250.00 + Freight

I have worked out a personal payment plan with him where I'm sending $500 each month, beginning February 15; I would think he would let you do the same. That will put me on target to meet his requests. This should be encouraging to some of you 'on the fence'. If you are serious about getting one, jump on the band wagon now and save yourself roughly $1,000. Monthly payments are certainly better than making one big payment!

#2 13 years ago

I like the layaway plan. The guy I just bought my Spidey from will hold a pin for up to 6 months.

#3 13 years ago

Very good options for payment for those unsure, or not having all the money up front. Jack is really doing good, across the board, on his machines.

#4 13 years ago

Jersey Jack is certainly listening to customers, something Stern seems to have forgotten about (or maybe they are listening to us home users but just not doing anything with our ideas and feedback).

With Joe Balcer and Dennis Nordman designing this could well be a fantastic premiere for Jersey Jack. But is anything known about the technical aspects of this game? Will it resemble Stern's build "quality", will it be like the old Bally Williams mechanics? Will it be built like a tank Capcom mechanics?

And what kind of system will it use? Something similar to SAM? Or is there going to be a Linux based "of the shelf" computer bolted in the backbox (that would actually be a smart move)? I'm very excited about this new manufacturer (certainly after seeing the ugliness that is Rolling Stones) but also wondering what the insides will be like.

#5 13 years ago

Has anyone seen his redemption game(s) up close and personal? That might give an indication of manufacture quality........

#6 13 years ago

I have read that they will be using Williams flippers and mechanisms. Not sure about the circuit boards or playfield. Cabinet will probably be made in house. Probably will not be a Stern board given they are the competition.

#7 13 years ago

I have talked to them there about it being "open source" .. I think it will be Linux based software but I don't think a definite decision has been made.

(It's my birthday today so I am kicking back with some Crown Royal Black my wife had waiting for me after work as a present)

#8 13 years ago

Very nice! And a very Happy Birthday to you!!

Enjoy the Crown Brokedad!!!

#9 13 years ago

Happy Birthday Brokedad! I am also an Aquarian, my birthday is this friday

#10 13 years ago

Stern makes a big point of posting stuff on Faceplant, but I don't think anybody over there actually reads any of the responses. I'm sure I would have got a note back asking to refrain if they had...
You'd think they'd respond to, "If a Big Butt Hunter and an NBA were pushed off the top of a ten-story building, which machine would hit the ground first?" (The answer is, of course, "Who Cares?")

#11 13 years ago

"I have read that they will be using Williams flippers and mechanisms ..."

This is a very good thing. I prefer the action of the Williams flippers and slings much more than any other manufacturer. Plus, the parts are inexpensive and readily available.

#12 13 years ago

I really hope this turns out to be a great new co. I am very excited to see what it looks like. It is gonna be a long 11 months......

#13 13 years ago

Happy Birthday Brokedad!

#14 13 years ago

oh yeah happy B-day BD
you drink Royal Crown Cola also - nice

#15 13 years ago

Nothin stronger than a RC soda.

Happy Birthday.

#16 13 years ago

Happy Birthday Brokedad. Enjoy the 'drink' but don't over-do it. You gotta work tomorrow!!!

#18 13 years ago

Thanks all for the former nice BD birthday wishes. I have this whole week off and we have company from Norway. I get threesomes/foursomes for my present

(Not to mention her accent drives me crazy !)

#19 13 years ago

"Why not make the pin in this style?

"

I watched this miniseries when it first aired on SciFi (SciFy?). It was actually quite good. Very dark.

#20 13 years ago

Good Skiing in Norway. Hurt myself on the Lille-hammer Olympic Downhill. I literally went from 40 to 0 mph in about 5 feet. Felt like I fell out of an airplane.
Beer's expensive as hell though. $8 a bottle. How is a drunkard supposed to live with those prices?

I like Robot Chicken's version of WOO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 5.00
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 91.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.50
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-info-on-payment-plan-for-wizard-of-oz-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.