pasted_image (resized).png
10 aprons (resized).png
20190715_182818 (resized).jpg
20190715_183414 (resized).jpg
84E290A8-D999-43FD-B00D-3921EBAFC9A3.gif
There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 5 years ago

Ok guys. As you know I have been working for over a year on Indiana Jones mods. To make it look better as I am thinking, and also to change the overall design. I'm working right now on the production of the idol ruins and the second run for the ramp mod. If you didn’t see them you must check it them out! I have decided to make few more mods -- like mini playfield rails who will blow your mind and I will post them next. I'm working on the back bridge and also a few more surprises that will shock you but I will not speak anything about that right now to prevent people from copying my ideas! I will reveal them only when they are ready for photos. The other good news is that I am working right now 90% just for pinball mods and going to make tons of things for other games, not just for ij.

So I have decided to make my own versions of apron. I was thinking on this idea a lot and how to make it right! I found a great solution, my own idea and its works well! Its like the backboard on the playfield and I really like it. its not looking good right now its just prototype and just a sculpt to show you my idea. The next version with the colors going to be awesome. The price will be 215-300$ depends on how many orders I will get… I'm still thinking of how to paint it maybe the scarab in gold or also to make it like a stone and I will be happy to know how you think I should paint it . check this post for more updates and again its not the final model.

THIS APRON COVER IDEA IS A PATENT PENDING ITEM FOR ALL OF THE MACHINES!

****PLEASE DON'T COPY MY IDEA****

Feel free to give me some tips and tell me what you think. Please don’t be rude if you want to be rude you can go to other forums. Thanks

****UPDATE**** CHECK POST #52
please check this link for better photos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156867125@N07/albums/72157709468870482

20190706_182337 (resized).jpg20190706_182337 (resized).jpg
20190706_182443 (resized).jpg20190706_182443 (resized).jpg
20190706_185157 (resized).jpg20190706_185157 (resized).jpg
20190706_185141 (resized).jpg20190706_185141 (resized).jpg

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

***UPDATE**** CHECK POST #31

20190424_002134 (resized).jpg20190424_002134 (resized).jpg

20190424_002045 (resized).jpg20190424_002045 (resized).jpg

61876037-af0e-451e-9032-b0aa905b43af (resized).jpg61876037-af0e-451e-9032-b0aa905b43af (resized).jpg

22222222 (resized).jpg22222222 (resized).jpg

20190126_213114 (resized).jpg20190126_213114 (resized).jpg

20190126_213128 (resized).jpg20190126_213128 (resized).jpg

20190128_213545 (resized).jpg20190128_213545 (resized).jpg

20190128_213138 (resized).jpg20190128_213138 (resized).jpg

****DID YOU SAW SOMETHING LIKE THAT BEFORE LIKE A 3D COVER FOR APRONS? NO! SO PLEASE DON'T COPY MY IDEA! ITS A PATENT PENDING!****

sorry for the shadow
btw my ij machine is without few parts.... this is a clue of which parts im working on right now hahah

#3 5 years ago

Looking Great.
No apron cards needed.

#4 5 years ago

This is going to be awesome!

#5 5 years ago

Cool, how about painted to match the ruins and ramp mods

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Agreed, in the custom color.

#7 5 years ago

Love it!

#8 5 years ago

THANK YOU GUYS!!!!

Quoted from pingod:

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Agreed, in the custom color.

the bricks area will be like that but do you think i should paint the scarab also as like stones (custom color)? if yes i will add texture for the scarab but i can also paint the scarab in gold or any other color.
and also green moss on the bricks?

#9 5 years ago

I think the scarab should stand out with a green or black body and arms. Just thinking out loud.

#10 5 years ago

I'm not particularly artistic so I'm incredibly thankful folks like you exist. Sign me up for one!

#11 5 years ago

Looks awesome, but when are you going to remake the actual playfield to get rid of all the orange and yellow, so it matches all your mods?

#12 5 years ago

The more I look at it the more I like it. Count me in Lior.

I would be interested to see what you could do with your custom colored background and then color the scarab in with metallic colors -- blues, greens, reds, golds -- similar to the scarab in the game but with more of your creativity. I do not know how the end product would look but I am sure it will be a winner however you do it!

#13 5 years ago

Looks awesome! Fits the pin perfectly...I'd order one.

#14 5 years ago

i really want to know how many people will be interesting in it so i can know what is the price and to start sculpt the final version. you can send me a pm or to write here and i will do a list without any payments for now....

Quoted from Cheeks:

Looks awesome, but when are you going to remake the actual playfield to get rid of all the orange and yellow, so it matches all your mods?

thank you!!!!
all playfield?! hahahah im going to make all plastics and few of the metals for sure but the pf i dont think so hahah. maybe.....

Quoted from TractorDoc:

The more I look at it the more I like it. Count me in Lior.
I would be interested to see what you could do with your custom colored background and then color the scarab in with metallic colors -- blues, greens, reds, golds -- similar to the scarab in the game but with more of your creativity. I do not know how the end product would look but I am sure it will be a winner however you do it!

thank you!!!!
i think its will come in 1 color (custom color) and the scarab in 4 colors you can choose. but i can paint it as people wants

Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Looks awesome! Fits the pin perfectly...I'd order one.

thank you! look on the ramp and the idol

Quoted from Pball:

I'm not particularly artistic so I'm incredibly thankful folks like you exist. Sign me up for one!

thank you!!!!

#15 5 years ago

ok so i made few changes and im going to cast it and to make 5-10 options of colors
im also want to try to make like a few premium versions of metallic colors and real gold color andddd im also want to try to make a chameleon color. i will post photo of this color here. but the metallic colors and the gold will be just for the scarab. the other design will be like real stones and i will also make few versions of that and i will also make a pf version to match the pf perfect!

here is few photos also with the glass and the bar i really like how is looks

20190128_213144 (resized).jpg20190128_213144 (resized).jpg20190128_213545 (resized).jpg20190128_213545 (resized).jpg20190128_213551 (resized).jpg20190128_213551 (resized).jpg

here is the chameleon colors

Kolortek-Car-paint-colors-color-changing-chameleon.png_350x350 (resized).pngKolortek-Car-paint-colors-color-changing-chameleon.png_350x350 (resized).png

btw my ij machine is without few parts.... this is a clue of which parts im working on right now hahah

#16 5 years ago

Looks great. I’d be interested in getting one.

#17 5 years ago

Yeah, worn gold would be cool!
Looks great! ....now make one for Scared Stiff!

#18 5 years ago

Can't wait to see the final product. Thanks for your work!

#19 5 years ago

I would order one.

#20 5 years ago

thank you guys! right now im working on the mold and on how to make it to connect to the apron easy. i wish i will make the first paint version in the weekend
thank you for you're amazing words and support

#22 5 years ago

i will post photos this weekend but one pinsider told me why im not doing copyrights for my mods (ideas)? and i ask someone in this copyright business and he told me i can make it with low cost and he help me. so im very happy to tell you this apron idea (for all of the machines) ITS A PATENT PENDING ITEM!!!! like pin stadium so no one can copy or make it for other machine also. my idea is not the apron is it how its cover the apron and how you install it. its like 3d decal without glue!
im also going to do another 2 patent pending for my other ideas i didnt reveal yet.
the weather here is still cold and rainy. thats why things going slow....

1 month later
#23 5 years ago

yes yes yes this project is still in progress i change the design a little bit and making it ready for casting. i will post photos of the new design soon and production will start in 2-3 weeks i will paint the first one with 2/ versions of the scarab. people who will get it from here can choose any color they want

#24 5 years ago

Looks great as usual lior! Can’t wait to see some color.

1 week later
#25 5 years ago

Looking forward to seeing this

#26 5 years ago

Nice!! Will be interesting to see what an IJ looks like with all your mods installed.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Nice!! Will be interesting to see what an IJ looks like with all your mods installed.

thank you

check the idol ruins thread today for a awesome update something very special going to be there....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-new-idol-temple-design

apron and mini pf will be ready i wish until next weekend.

1 week later
#28 5 years ago

ok guys as i promise the apron is ready!!!!
its still clay and i need to do the final touches and adjustments and to fix few things but its will go to casting this week.
i also made a sketch of painted version and i decide to make 2 versions. one is regular paint and the other version is a metallic scarab and its looks AMAZING (you can send me a pm and i will send you a photos of the test paint)

production will start in 8-16 days. and its will be shipped with my other mods if you want to save shipping cost.
now im working on the final touches on the production of the mini pf and its will be ready in the same time.
the apron is very complicated and its not only a mold and sculpt and thats why its takes time

i will paint the apron and i will post all options and photos in next weekend or next week

BTW the mask was looking weird in the plunger area so i decide to change it

thank you guys

22222222 (resized).jpg22222222 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#29 4 years ago

as you know i am a perfectionist and if 1 wing is 5mm on the right and 5.1mm on the lefts side for me its ugly! i know its can take forever but this is me
so i made a silicone mold and the first cast and i figure few things thats i dont like. few wings not matching the wings on the left and also the scarab needs to be more smooth. so im casting clay right now and doing few touches and fixing it soon. clay sculpting is more complicated from 3d printing in this work... so it must be 1000% perfect! im going to paint the one i cast just to show you how its going to look with colors but im going to paint 4 versions of the bricks and i will decide which one looks the best! as i said im making also 1 version of metallic scarab and the good new it is the same RAL color number from the pf colors and the metallic colors made special for me and its not only a color its with activator to make it metallic. so metallic colors will cost little more extra. right now
im after a injury in my teeth and cant do hard work for few days. i will try to paint it asap so check this and other threads soon
you can send me a pm to get more photos of the scarab and more info

#30 4 years ago

Now that is cool. I want one.

#31 4 years ago

so i decide to paint the prototype and its looks great but the wings are not smooth and few details are missing and its really not symmetric and its can make me crazy so i must fix it.

i paint it with the custom color (light brown) and toke photos with the old version of the idol in custom color and the ramp in custom color
i will start to take photos from now so if you want end me a pm. but im taking money only when its ready. price will be 285$ for not metallic and 315$ for metallic. its not metallic paint that you buy in store. its special metallic paint with activator and its same RAL from the colors in the game.

for now im working on mini pf and idol production right now and will be back to the apron next week so i will post photos of the final version soon.

i can paint the apron in any color you want. if you dont have any of my other mods i can paint it in sand color or orange like my iron maiden apron.

the body of the scarab is green who change colors depends of how you look on it (the angle)

20190424_002134 (resized).jpg20190424_002134 (resized).jpg
20190424_002045 (resized).jpg20190424_002045 (resized).jpg

#32 4 years ago

i also made this pattern so the wings are blue - light blue - red
20190423_215714 (resized).jpg20190423_215714 (resized).jpg

#33 4 years ago

Damnit Lior!
They both look awesome.
Love the spears at shooter lane.

#34 4 years ago

Great job Lior. You do amazing work!

#35 4 years ago

Looks awesome man!! Just a suggestion, what about from top to bottom, blue, red, orange? Orange being the largest section and orange is a huge color in IJ.

#36 4 years ago

HI Lior.....Love what you are doing...what do you think of aging the wings.....

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Looks awesome man!! Just a suggestion, what about from top to bottom, blue, red, orange? Orange being the largest section and orange is a huge color in IJ.

Red, orange , yellow are the color of aprons now with decals.
This gets hard, so many colors.
The green body makes this, that's a place holder for sure Lior.

#38 4 years ago

Damnit Lior!
They both look awesome.
Love the spears at shooter lane.

thank you very much yes i really like it they are chrome on top

Quoted from brett:

Great job Lior. You do amazing work!

thank you

Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

thank you! i did orange and yellow at the beginning ant it was to much. i didnt like it and most of the scarabs that i saw are blue red green also in the lost plastic and on the sling shot and i made it to match it. i sent you in pm photoshop version in orange so you can see how bad its looks. i have no problem to paint it as you want im making also the sling shot in 3d and metallic soon so its will match that. if youw ant to match it more to the orange in the playfield i will maybe do a sand version like my iron maiden apron

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

HI Lior.....Love what you are doing...what do you think of aging the wings.....

thank you! very long time....
i was planing to do it but metallic clors needs 12 hours to dry before applying another paint on them. so i made it today. and thats how its looks.
i have no problem to do it if someone wants. i think its very cool and makes the scarab blend on the apron better. but if someone wants the scarab to pop out and to be more shiny i will not do it. but its up to you im open for any paint instruction from my buyers i can also make it looks more broken and more old.

20190424_132244 (resized).jpg20190424_132244 (resized).jpg
20190424_132231 (resized).jpg20190424_132231 (resized).jpg

#39 4 years ago

Wow, the non-metallic is so much better. Nice work!!

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Wow, the non-metallic is so much better. Nice work!!

thank you
its metallic but with paint on it so its makes it not shiny in few areas.
i will make a version of not metallic and also orange when i have the final model
BTW the 2 photos that i post are with flash light

#41 4 years ago

They look awesome. I personally would want more green in all of them as in the vines growing on everything.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

They look awesome. I personally would want more green in all of them as in the vines growing on everything.

I was assuming vines and such would get tje brown and green touches like the ruins and ramp cover.
Lior is just on scarab. More to come.
Green scarab body with metallic paint for the win.

#43 4 years ago

Each of Lior's mods compliment each other -- one looks nice by itself but seeing them all together in the prototype picture takes the appeal up another level for me. Looking forward to the POA rails when they are added in.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

thank you! no problem. i will do

I was assuming vines and such would get tje brown and green touches like the ruins and ramp cover.
Lior is just on scarab. More to come.
Green scarab body with metallic paint for the win.

the scarab in the photos are green. there is another option for green body but i didnt like it.
next version will be with more green. im trying to make it more realistic as i can.

Quoted from TractorDoc:

Each of Lior's mods compliment each other -- one looks nice by itself but seeing them all together in the prototype picture takes the appeal up another level for me. Looking forward to the POA rails when they are added in.

thank you very very much i need to work on the other mods. also few areas looks boring hahaha
mini pf will be ready i wish until next weekend. very busy with idol ruins painting and casting.

#45 4 years ago

Wow that looks really good! Very cool mod, Lior!

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

Wow that looks really good! Very cool mod, Lior!

thank you

2 weeks later
#47 4 years ago

Nice work, my friend! Really looking good.

2 weeks later
#48 4 years ago

Thought we need a bump here.
You staying safe Lior?

#49 4 years ago

Thought we need a bump here.
You staying safe Lior?

hahaah yes yes yes. all is ok. im working so hard on ij mods and other mods. im here but sooooo busy (on pinball). the production is not a easy progress.
the mini pf and the apron got the mold and also my other mods. mini pf will be first and after that in a week or less the production of the apron.
i have a mold right now but its not good. i changed tons of things and now the wings are symmetric and the mold in progress. its not only silicone mold so to make it its takes like 1-3 weeks. i dont want to post photos of the mold or progress but if you want send me pm
btw mini pf final model with painting will be this week! and i will also open orders for mini pf and also for the apron but only when i have it 100% ready

1 week later
#50 4 years ago

im very busy with the production of ij mods and other mods. so i forgot to post photos. here is a photo before a week when the sculpting is almost done. as you see the wings are smooth and more symmetric. the bricks got more details and texture but its not in this photo. WE HAVE A SILICONE MOLD and we have the first casting and its looks so awesome! PRODUCTION STARTS NOW people who in the list will get message with more details soon. people who wants to order it as a set or as is without the set just send me a pm. price is 285$ for not metallic and 315$ for metallic (limited of 50 pieces only). i can paint it as you want and the scarab can be in any mix of colors that you want. i will post more photos soon
61876037-af0e-451e-9032-b0aa905b43af (resized).jpg61876037-af0e-451e-9032-b0aa905b43af (resized).jpg
thank you guys

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 85.00
Wanted
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,419.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

14,000 (OBO)
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-indiana-jones-apron-design?hl=tractordoc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.