Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 104 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

storage1 (resized).jpg
    storage 2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5113 (resized).jpg
    63243740567__22CDCD5D-2130-45BB-A121-3874C473ABBE (resized).jpg
    63243748967__2601AF19-6FAB-4238-BD22-89FDF2AC7DB4 (resized).jpg
    AE3764E8-C052-422E-9A37-2F767C18D529 (resized).jpeg
    images (resized).jpeg
    up_in_smoke_ee_758_426_81_s_c1 (resized).jpg
    0F8E7D02-4647-4253-97B3-0911AE51B235 (resized).png
    B099239B-B624-4587-905A-736443B3D3A0 (resized).png
    There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 3 years ago

I have a friend that recently acquired a bunch of home use only and new in the box Bally/Williams and Stern games. They came from someone in the industry that would buy popular titles as investment pieces depending on them increasing in value. Some of the games were put on display which I am calling Home Use Only. They were not played but occasionally might have been played. HOA, Indiana Jones, Star Trek, Austin Powers, Road Show, Who Dunnit, Junk Yard. They have several more still new in the box. I am waiting for the complete list of the new in the box games but I understand there are a bunch. I am getting more details but in the meantime, I was wondering if the market is still strong for these types of games? The seller is willing to wheel land deal but has to get maximum value for the games.

#2 3 years ago
    Quoted from PopperTop:

I have a friend that recently acquired a bunch of home use only and new in the box Bally/Williams and Stern games. They came from someone in the industry that would buy popular titles as investment pieces depending on them increasing in value. Some of the games were put on display which I am calling Home Use Only. They were not played but occasionally might have been played. HOA, Indiana Jones, Star Trek, Austin Powers, Road Show, Who Dunnit, Junk Yard. They have several more still new in the box. I am waiting for the complete list of the new in the box games but I understand there are a bunch. I am getting more details but in the meantime, I was wondering if the market is still strong for these types of games? The seller is willing to wheel land deal but has to get maximum value for the games.

No one wants to pay maximum value for pins. Especially those really in the hobby.

#3 3 years ago

Yes, market still strong. List in marketplace here and go from there.

#5 3 years ago

Market dropped the bottom years ago. $1k for the lot!

#6 3 years ago

I will take Indy.

#7 3 years ago

There is for sure a market. Would love to see a list and make some offers.

#8 3 years ago

Better be a Big Bang Bar or nothing!

And STOP MAKING UP ACRONYMS. WTF IS HOA? Home Only Assumed???

#9 3 years ago

Home Owner’s Association

#10 3 years ago

Not the most active Pinsider with 3 posts in 8 years but this should be fun. Going to make some popcorn.

#11 3 years ago

RIP inbox.

#12 3 years ago

Please sending me all you games that "were not played but occasionally might have been played". My banking member will you supply with U.S. money as soon delivered these fine HOA machines. i thanks to you.

#13 3 years ago

Yeah,, right! I'm in.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from PopperTop:

The seller is willing to wheel land deal but has to get maximum value for the games.

He’s willing to wheel and deal but only to the point that he gets max value. I would need a little more wheeling and a whole lot more dealing. I’m out!

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from PopperTop:

The seller is willing to wheel land deal but has to get maximum value for the games.

You pretty much contradicted yourself here.

Plus, I think you should look up what the phrase "wheel and deal" actually means.

#16 3 years ago

Whats a " wheel land"?

#17 3 years ago

Only bought them for an investment and wants maximum profit, I don’t think any one is getting a good deal here lol unless he’s desperate to sell for some reason.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from PopperTop:

They were not played but occasionally might have been played.

#19 3 years ago

Sounds kind of scammy

#20 3 years ago

Does anyone know how long it takes to get games from Nigeria

#21 3 years ago

Nigeria or the nearby “ Pleasure Aisle( Isle)” !

#22 3 years ago

I had a dream last night that I had a full warehouse of HUO games, some still in the box. Anyone interested in buying them?

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

You pretty much contradicted yourself here.
    Plus, I think you should look up what the phrase "wheel and deal" actually means.

Nah man he said Wheel Land Deal. Means something entirely different. MAX VALUE!

#24 3 years ago

he has to get maximum value for his games? that makes sense. how about a nice back rub, too? if he’s anything like me, i’d bet he can go for one of those, as well. is there there any way we can help him out with that?

#25 3 years ago

I will buy these but occasionally might not buy them.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from PopperTop:

Some of the games were put on display which I am calling Home Use Only. They were not played but occasionally might have been played.

So like... they were on location somewhere?

#27 3 years ago

I know this guys friend. He is a short, tall guy. Super honest, just got out of prison last week for fraud. Anyway, buy with confidence...or don’t

#28 3 years ago

Wheel land deal... so he's selling the farm with it?

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

he has to get maximum value for his games? that makes sense. how about a nice back rub, too? if he’s anything like me, i’d bet he can go for one of those, as well. is there there any way we can help him out with that?

Well maybe the happy ending after the back rub is you get your choice of pins at an inflated max value pricing - you know the old saying "when it sounds too good to be true" Sounds like another post to elicit reaction just like all us lemmings do here on pinside

#30 3 years ago

I recently won much money in the lottery, but I don't have enough money to pay the taxes, if your friend can kindly just pay my taxes, I will in turn offer you maximum value for all your pins!
    Since the pinball bubble has burst, I think it would be a great deal for you (I mean your friend) to accept my generous offer.

#31 3 years ago

I will gladly pay you tuesday for some new HOA pins today

#32 3 years ago

Do you need to pay the Home Owners Association fee every year like a house?

#33 3 years ago

Pics or it didn’t happen

#34 3 years ago

“Wheel Land”....

0F8E7D02-4647-4253-97B3-0911AE51B235 (resized).png0F8E7D02-4647-4253-97B3-0911AE51B235 (resized).pngB099239B-B624-4587-905A-736443B3D3A0 (resized).pngB099239B-B624-4587-905A-736443B3D3A0 (resized).png
    #35 3 years ago

Well, at least all the sealed Bally/Williams titles will need mpu work since they've been stored NIB with batteries all these years. That's something for the new owner to look forward to. Same for any Whitestar games.

#36 3 years ago

OP posted two things 8 years ago. Re-emerges to tell us all that he has access to some great games still new in box.

gl with that everybody!

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Well, at least all the sealed Bally/Williams titles will need mpu work since they've been stored NIB with batteries all these years. That's something for the new owner to look forward to. Same for any Whitestar games.

That's just part of the NIB mystique you pay max value for

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from PopperTop:

Quite a contradiction we have here in one single sentence.

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

Nigeria or the nearby “ Pleasure Aisle( Isle)” !

bet he has a courier too!

#40 3 years ago

Photos will be coming when they get a chance to get to storage. This was just a quick post after our conversation to get the ball rolling. I've been out of it for a few years and wanted to see what the interest level is. The games are located in California.

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from PopperTop:

Photos will be coming when they get a chance to get to storage. This was just a quick post after our conversation to get the ball rolling. I've been out of it for a few years and wanted to see what the interest level is. The games are located in California.

This just got interesting.....

#42 3 years ago

I love HOA games!

Let me know if you have any of these rare titles.

Little Shop of Horrors
    Attack from Monster Madness
    Tumbleweed

I can pay fat stacks of ca$h!!!

#43 3 years ago

so they haven't been played, but they have been played. The owner will wheel and deal but wants top value.

ummmm ok?

#44 3 years ago

I'm interested and would most likely take them all in a package deal. I can meet with your friend, take a look at what he has and work out a deal. I'm in CA and available any day. PM me his info.

#45 3 years ago

Nor cal?
    Socal?
    Or a bombay call center?
    I smell curry.

#46 3 years ago

*picture of popcorn*

This is either going to be glorious, or glorious.

#47 3 years ago

Well, I think the OP's point was that he wants to sell the games in a way that will maximize their value. As in, he doesn't want to just sell them in a discounted lot or bundle. And he's wondering what the interest is, and what the best way to sell them would be. Also, if he was back into pinball for any length of time he'd know that there is massive interest in all pinball right now. Especially games in mint condition.

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Not true with the balky/Williams pins. I had a NIB STTNG and NGG a few years ago with batteries installed and neither of them leaked at all.

I don’t know about stern pins though

#50 3 years ago

I think it's funny when people mention battery damage on old NIB games. While it would be a shame I don't think it's the end of the world if you need to shell out another $300 for a new CPU after spending $10-20k on the game.

There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-in-the-box-and-hoa-games-to-sell?hl=thomas3184 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.