Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 104 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

storage1 (resized).jpg
    storage 2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5113 (resized).jpg
    63243740567__22CDCD5D-2130-45BB-A121-3874C473ABBE (resized).jpg
    63243748967__2601AF19-6FAB-4238-BD22-89FDF2AC7DB4 (resized).jpg
    AE3764E8-C052-422E-9A37-2F767C18D529 (resized).jpeg
    images (resized).jpeg
    up_in_smoke_ee_758_426_81_s_c1 (resized).jpg
    0F8E7D02-4647-4253-97B3-0911AE51B235 (resized).png
    B099239B-B624-4587-905A-736443B3D3A0 (resized).png
    There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 3 years ago
    Quoted from PopperTop:

They were not played but occasionally might have been played.

Is that like a woman is a virgin but occasionally might not have been ?

LTG : )

#52 3 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Well, at least all the sealed Bally/Williams titles will need mpu work since they've been stored NIB with batteries all these years. That's something for the new owner to look forward to. Same for any Whitestar games.

Thats really not a big deal and the buyers for classic NIB games have the means to have a simple board repair or replacemt

#53 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

I think it's funny when people mention battery damage on old NIB games. While it would be a shame I don't think it's the end of the world if you need to shell out another $300 for a new CPU after spending $10-20k on the game.

$170* from a OEM source such as myself.

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from PopperTop:

I've been out of it for a few years....

up_in_smoke_ee_758_426_81_s_c1 (resized).jpgup_in_smoke_ee_758_426_81_s_c1 (resized).jpg

#55 3 years ago
    Quoted from PopperTop:

The seller is willing to wheel land deal but has to get maximum value for the games. The games are located in California.

images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg

#56 3 years ago
    AE3764E8-C052-422E-9A37-2F767C18D529 (resized).jpegAE3764E8-C052-422E-9A37-2F767C18D529 (resized).jpeg
    #57 3 years ago
    Quoted from PopperTop:

Photos will be coming when they get a chance to get to storage. This was just a quick post after our conversation to get the ball rolling. I've been out of it for a few years and wanted to see what the interest level is. The games are located in California.

Great...let me know when and where and I'll come take a look

#58 3 years ago

What is the point of this vague but tantalizing post? Why are you speaking on behalf of the seller? Why not wait until you have a complete list and can clearly state an intent? What’s your role in this?

#59 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Wheel land deal... so he's selling the farm with it?

No. He’s obviously selling his tire store Wheel Land with it too, and at a deal. Duh!

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from PopperTop:

This was just a quick post after our conversation to get the ball rolling.

Don't you mean "wheel turning"?

#61 3 years ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

What is the point of this vague but tantalizing post?

It's not much different than that other recent thread where the op actually did list the mother load of games he got... then put the for sale ads up on Facebook and not Pinside.

#62 3 years ago

Id be interested in the HOA Indiana Jones! Do I have to pay monthly HOA fees?

#63 3 years ago
    Quoted from PopperTop:

I have a friend that recently acquired a bunch of home use only and new in the box Bally/Williams and Stern games. They came from someone in the industry that would buy popular titles as investment pieces depending on them increasing in value. Some of the games were put on display which I am calling Home Use Only. They were not played but occasionally might have been played. HOA, Indiana Jones, Star Trek, Austin Powers, Road Show, Who Dunnit, Junk Yard. They have several more still new in the box. I am waiting for the complete list of the new in the box games but I understand there are a bunch. I am getting more details but in the meantime, I was wondering if the market is still strong for these types of games? The seller is willing to wheel land deal but has to get maximum value for the games.

Regardless of the trolling, you'll have no trouble selling the pinball around current market value on here, or at least most of them.

#64 3 years ago

Does he have B66 for $89?

#65 3 years ago

Hmmm...I met a friend of a friend about 15 years ago who was doing that. I remember him mentioning having an MB and MM and others still NIB as an investment.

#66 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

I don't think it's the end of the world if you need to shell out another $300 for a new CPU after spending $10-20k on the game.

I disagree. If I spend 20K on a single game, rest assured that it is indeed the end of the world.

#67 3 years ago

These will prove to be bad investments. $4,000 for a new game in the mid 90’s would be worth $30,000 today give or take in the market. No storing a giant box for 30 years or hoping for a buyer.

#68 3 years ago

I hope your buddy has a nib Metallica premium (or a nice one). I am interested! And in California.

#69 3 years ago

If these machines are legit they will sell for a shit ton regardless of what everyone thinks. So many people in this hobby have money to burn and look at the absurd prices people are paying for toppers. Based on the comments in this tread many of the people here are not interested in buying them however the new generation of pinball collectors who only buy NIB likely have a chubby already.

#70 3 years ago

Just post Games and Prices or what’s the point. I smell dusty pinball machines

#71 3 years ago

Getting a little more information now. Here are the first pics of the games wrapped. Sorry for the limited information. The seller is a friend and knows nothing about pinball games. I am attempting to help. They have limited time to take pics and run around. We're just getting started here. The NIB games are in another storage place and pics will come as soon as they can get there. There are somewhere between 3 and 6 there. They don't remember. You can get into all the details with the seller. I am just gathering some leads and trying to help them access the value of their collection.

63243740567__22CDCD5D-2130-45BB-A121-3874C473ABBE (resized).jpg63243740567__22CDCD5D-2130-45BB-A121-3874C473ABBE (resized).jpg63243748967__2601AF19-6FAB-4238-BD22-89FDF2AC7DB4 (resized).jpg63243748967__2601AF19-6FAB-4238-BD22-89FDF2AC7DB4 (resized).jpg
    #72 3 years ago
    IMG_5113 (resized).jpgIMG_5113 (resized).jpg
    #73 3 years ago

Indy looks faded

#74 3 years ago

...and yet completely unfaded.

The legs look dirty and are super clean too.

Can't wait to see the 'maximum' value prices.

#75 3 years ago

Where are u located? Be a lot easier to come look at the games...

#76 3 years ago

Just curious, did your friend loose a family member? Did the games original owner die and you’re helping your friend go through their possessions? Usually pinball collections have spare parts somewhere also, these are all worth money and should be paired up with the games that they belong to. Pinside can help you get everything together. The games values can vary incredibly from unseen damage. As pointed out earlier the new in box games likely have damage to their circuit boards that could cost hundreds to fix.

Post the location within 100 miles and post quality photos of each game here. Be as detailed as possible and you will have many people interested and making offers before you know it. Pinside has approximate values for each game listing on the games info page, do a bit of research and you will see these quickly for a price that you’ll be happy with.

Depending on the new in box games they could be worth ~5k for a dud game, or 20k+ for a rare gem.

We’re waiting for more info and pics.

#77 3 years ago

Ohh this is going to get juicy. Pm's galore, sharks' circling.
    OP- you would have been better never coming here with this stash.
    Who Died?

#78 3 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Just curious, did your friend loose a family member? Did the games original owner die and you’re helping your friend go through their possessions? Usually pinball collections have spare parts somewhere also, these are all worth money and should be paired up with the games that they belong to. Pinside can help you get everything together. The games values can vary incredibly from unseen damage. As pointed out earlier the new in box games likely have damage to their circuit boards that could cost hundreds to fix.
    Post the location within 100 miles and post quality photos of each game here. Be as detailed as possible and you will have many people interested and making offers before you know it. Pinside has approximate values for each game listing on the games info page, do a bit of research and you will see these quickly for a price that you’ll be happy with.
    Depending on the new in box games they could be worth ~5k for a dud game, or 20k+ for a rare gem.
    We’re waiting for more info and pics.

Something fishy about this thread. Op seems to not know squat!! Come back when they're unwrapped pics for us to see.

#79 3 years ago

Thanks for taking my offer.

#80 3 years ago

How much for the HOA couch and wine rack?

#81 3 years ago

Those are some invisible boxes.

#82 3 years ago

I'm just doing some leg work to help someone out. The seller will be able to give exact details on how they got them and where they came from etc. I'm not posting all that on the internet. They are a business owner and don't have a ton of spare time. They will get pictures of them setup and such as they get time.

The NIB and HUO games are in 2 different locations. Just to give a general area for reference lets use Ontario, CA.

If you are interested please send me your name and telephone #. I will forward that to the seller.

#83 3 years ago
    Quoted from PopperTop:

I'm just doing some leg work to help someone out. The seller will be able to give exact details on how they got them and where they came from etc. I'm not posting all that on the internet. They are a business owner and don't have a ton of spare time. They will get pictures of them setup and such as they get time.
    The NIB and HUO games are in 2 different locations. Just to give a general area for reference lets use Ontario, CA.
    If you are interested please send me your name and telephone #. I will forward that to the seller.

I mean this as a helpful suggestion, but if this seller really is super busy and does not want to mess around, they will (or have arranged):
    - post what games are for sale
    - post pictures and a description of each game (not stuff like they were never played except the times they were...)
    - state prices they are happy to list the games for, if they are crazy prices, they won't sell. Not rocket surgery.

If they really are short of time, explaining the same darned story over and over to a million looky loos, and people who are not interesed in the games when it turns out they are not HOU or whatever, you know getting the information out there rather than explaining it to each buyer is the way to go.

To me one way seems much less work for everybody involved, and you are choosing not to do it that way...

#84 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Those are some invisible boxes.

Will make shipping easy..

#85 3 years ago
    Quoted from PopperTop:

With all due respect. You coming here and not the owner is the first red flag.
    I get it, time, knowledge, were all busy.
    Third party raises prices.
    Now im sending my info to you, so it now goes to anonymous owner?
    To bad, Ontario, your in my wheelhouse.
    I reccomend Captain's Auction warehouse in Anaheim. He's at the 55 and 91. Not far from Ontario. Has an auction coming up in 2 weeks.

#86 3 years ago

Wow, this thread should not have even been started until OP had pictures and details and owner “had time.”

#87 3 years ago

Looks like road show runs on propane.

#88 3 years ago
    Quoted from Happy81724:

Looks like road show runs on propane.

That is one reason it is so valuable. That and it may or may not have ever been played.

#89 3 years ago

Second storage has 6 games. 4 are in boxes but box tops removed. Cactus Canyon, Fish tales, Phantom of the Opera, (2) Pirates of the Caribbean, Williams golf couldn't identify the title without removing the box. That's all the info I have right now.

#90 3 years ago

some pics of the second storage

storage 2 (resized).jpgstorage 2 (resized).jpgstorage1 (resized).jpgstorage1 (resized).jpg
    #91 3 years ago

Damn, a NIB experience for Williams machines. Unless it was opened, played, and put back in the box. The duct tape on the bottom might just be from moving the box around over time.

#92 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Damn, a NIB experience for Williams machines. Nice.

Best check them for condition. Duct tape and some of the wrapping wasn't used by Williams.

I do hope the games are new in there.

LTG : )

#93 3 years ago

Just saw that lol

#94 3 years ago

Hopefully someone posts videos of the unboxings. This will be more exciting than Al Capone’s safe.

#95 3 years ago

Yes, I'd too be interested watching someone upload a video of the unboxing, just like the video of the NIB unboxing of the Data East JP.

#96 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinless:

Hopefully someone posts videos of the unboxings. This will be more exciting than Al Capone’s safe.

Al Capone or Jimmy Hoffa just might be in one of those boxes...

#97 3 years ago

It's going to be a little while before I have any more information. The seller has to get the games unwrapped and setup. The games in boxes are on the second level of a storage unit and will be while until their accessible to be moved. There are cars, motor cycles, soda machines and other video games in the way. I suggested they move the games into another storage unit so they can open them up and get pics. Will update as I know more.

#98 3 years ago

Second level? O-o. Heat, water intrusion, could be a mess. Heres to hopn not.

4 weeks later
    #99 3 years ago

Wish the bike was NIB I’d of taken that

#100 3 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

Wish the bike was NIB I’d of taken that

While not NIB I have it on good authority the bike is HOA.

There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-in-the-box-and-hoa-games-to-sell/page/2?hl=tomass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.