Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181104_223035 (resized).jpg
20181104_223043 (resized).jpg
20181104_223049 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Hello guys

I am new at the pinball world and I started this port to share my experience.

Getting my first pinball was really hard since I live in a country that banned all public electronic games due to gambling issues.
Getting one was a long forgotten dream since my childhood. Finally the dream became reality and I now own a Waterworld. As a vintage items collector and big fun of the movie I hunted it down and I finally found one at an old storage unit in Athens. The condition was poor in some parts and decnt in others and I had to pay about 1900 us dollars to the previous owner to take it out of his hands plus 450 dollars to restore it. A total of 2350$. If you consider the fact that there are almost no pinball at all geting sold in Greece that is an Ok price I believe.

The good thing is that very recently the first ever Greek pinball museum opened its doors in central Athens. The machines aren't charging you to play. You just pay a 12$ ticket to enter the museum and after that all units are in free play mode. All this procedure makes it legal some how.

I hope to learn a lot from this community and I am really glad to find you guys.

#2 5 years ago

Welcome! I visited Athens and Rhodes a few years ago - beautiful country and the food was AMAZING! I had no idea about the public electronic game ban. That's really weird! Glad you were able to to snag a pin and join the club!

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Welcome! I visited Athens and Rhodes a few years ago - beautiful country and the food was AMAZING! I had no idea about the public electronic game ban. That's really weird! Glad you were able to to snag a pin and join the club!

Well it's true about the food. Believe me we have a really hard time trying to remain thin here

Unfortunately the ban is also true bat it's also very confusing. For example it's legal to own an arcade inside your home but it's not legal to have it in a public place (store) with a functional coin collector. There are ways to bit the system and that's what we few Geeks are doing now trying to revive at least the Pinball playing in the Country.

1 week later
#4 5 years ago

...and pictures after repairs

20181104_223035 (resized).jpg20181104_223035 (resized).jpg20181104_223043 (resized).jpg20181104_223043 (resized).jpg20181104_223049 (resized).jpg20181104_223049 (resized).jpg
#5 5 years ago

You are off to a good start ! Welcome to the wonderful world of pinball.

LTG : )

#6 5 years ago

Great looking Machine! I'm a fan of the movie and own the game as well.

You might consider adding a Cliffy Protector around the Dive Hole -- it may help prevent the ball chewing up your playfield. Here is a link to his website -- the Dive Hole Protector is toward the bottom of the page:

http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Great looking Machine! I'm a fan of the movie and own the game as well.
You might consider adding a Cliffy Protector around the Dive Hole -- it may help prevent the ball chewing up your playfield. Here is a link to his website -- the Dive Hole Protector is toward the bottom of the page:
http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

Actually this is exactly what I was thinking to day. Already the edges of the dive hole in my machine shows damage. This solution you are suggesting is great. Thanks for the information. I will definitely add the protector.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bremerton, WA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-in-pinball-my-first-pinball-at-last?hl=axaios and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.