Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by wdpvideo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tmntsuper (resized).jpg
    tmntpro (resized).jpg
    20170311_161212 (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

I managed to acquire this NIB game. I figured with these Magic Girls going for tens of thousands that I might want to hold onto it instead of opening it. Should I list it for $200,000 or trade for supercar? Should I just open it, get a set of cliffys, color DMD, invisiplastic, mod the crap out of it and enjoy it? What if it doesn't have complete code or has playfield ghosting!? Need advice!

20170311_161212 (resized).jpg20170311_161212 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

It's not worth squat mate. Now if it was the LE. You know the one where you had to lend your wife to Gary Stern for the night to be in with a chance of buying one.

#3 7 years ago

I am not really sure how much you would lose opening it up but you could open it, mod it...then put it up for sale a week later.

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

I am not really sure how much you would lose opening it up but you could open it, mod it...then put it up for sale a week later.

I'd only do that if it was a Tron LE.

#5 7 years ago

Well, if you take it out of the box to remove the batteries and put it back in you lose $1,000. If you let the batteries fail later on and puke all over the board you lose $800. What a gamble...

#6 7 years ago

Open that bastard and stream a youtube tutorial!

#7 7 years ago

With out the factory cellophane wrap, you might want to question the NIB status. The box has been opened.

#8 7 years ago

Put it on Craigslist and repost it every day until it sells......

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from jasonp:

Put it on Craigslist and repost it every day until it sells......

You mean 10 ads at once too each day, right?

#10 7 years ago

Dude, Mylar that bad boy asap.

#11 7 years ago

Without an LCD it's worthless...just like all the DMD pins

#12 7 years ago

You guys have all given me a good laugh! My wife and kids got this for me for my birthday. I already got it powder-coated and made it fully LED. I put a tank with real turtles on the back as a sweet topper. I now have about $87,000 into it but am willing to let it go for $53,000, firm. I was going to put up a high score but all of the C batteries in the house are currently in use in NERF guns.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Open that bastard and stream a youtube tutorial!

I think this is my favorite response so far!

#16 7 years ago

Mod it with LEd's and working miniguns.

#17 7 years ago

Code is only at 0.06. Wait until the 1.0 code drops before selling (worth more).

#18 7 years ago

I know a guy that has one of these. He doesn't post to Pinside because he's so rich he owns his own space station. You broke ass Earthbound dummies have no idea about the high end collectors out there.

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

I managed to acquire this NIB game. I figured with these Magic Girls going for tens of thousands that I might want to hold onto it instead of opening it. Should I list it for $200,000 or trade for supercar? Should I just open it, get a set of cliffys, color DMD, invisiplastic, mod the crap out of it and enjoy it? What if it doesn't have complete code or has playfield ghosting!? Need advice!

Hold on to it for sure. It'll be worth north of 1/2 a mil within a few months.

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from stoptap:

It's not worth squat mate. Now if it was the LE. You know the one where you had to lend your wife to Gary Stern for the night to be in with a chance of buying one.

It is the LE. This is the Pro....

tmntpro (resized).jpgtmntpro (resized).jpg

If it was the Super LE you'd be talking some serious cash! I mean look at this thing. It has 4 flipper action, enhanced score panel and front and side cabinet graphics.

tmntsuper (resized).jpgtmntsuper (resized).jpg

#22 7 years ago

I have the version where Donnie, Raph, Mikey and Leo all signed the umitanium instruction card bumping the price 100K

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

It is the LE. This is the Pro....

If it was the Super LE you'd be talking some serious cash! I mean look at this thing. It has 4 flipper action, enhanced score panel and front and side cabinet graphics.

I have to have that TMNT66SLE!

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Dude, Mylar that bad boy asap.

Mylar?! That's for peasants.

Get a playfield protector from the Germans. They engineer them to perfection.

#25 7 years ago

That's no NIB. It's been routed!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-in-box-pin-rare and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.