44E3B327-226F-4B90-B831-5ED966BF48FF (resized).png
img897435028734053884jpg (resized).jpg
45d3f5be-96b0-4f3a-9dc4-669c5b383cf0 (resized).jpg
IMG_2307 (resized).JPG
IMG_2309 (resized).JPG
IMG_2305 (resized).JPG
IMG_2306 (resized).JPG
#1 5 years ago

To mark the end of our time at our shop in Woodland Park NJ, (we will close next friday)
the last game we will ever unbox will be a 1976 ? Still new in box never opened!! Ironic huh?
We will be streaming it live on facebook at 1pm EST today. https://www.facebook.com/kevin.mchugh

Our shop is classic pinball 86 lackawanna ave suite 314 woodland park Nj 07424, come on by if you want, the more the merrier! You may never see this again!!

IMG_2305 (resized).JPGIMG_2305 (resized).JPGIMG_2306 (resized).JPGIMG_2306 (resized).JPGIMG_2307 (resized).JPGIMG_2307 (resized).JPGIMG_2309 (resized).JPGIMG_2309 (resized).JPG
#2 5 years ago

WOW! Great find.
I hope it's OK, that box looks like it has been wet a few times.

#3 5 years ago

I hope that you post a video on YouTube--this is something I would like to see.

#4 5 years ago

Yes please put on YouTube. I as well as other's don't do facebook. Just looked up 3000 made July 1976.

#5 5 years ago

Not a bad find. S.S. is actually a pretty good game..
Post a video here.. (T)

#6 5 years ago

Wish I could make it Kevin! Out of town unfortunately.

I’ve poked my head into this box many times over the years! Cool to see that it’s finally being unleashed.

#7 5 years ago

This is really awesome. Congrats.

#8 5 years ago

Over 40 years old. Pretty impressive. Should be a fun day of pinball. Post a few pics here of the machine all set up and turned on.

I'd be curious to find out what parts need tweeking/replacing to get the machine fully functioning and scoring correctly.
I realize the rubber rings will need to be replaced. Just not sure what other issues are found upon turning it on and testing it.

#9 5 years ago

Cool!

Please post on Youtube, cause no one uses FB anymore.

#10 5 years ago

Thanks for the heads-up, lubbah.
Would have been there if I'd have known.
BTW, what is FACBOOK?

#11 5 years ago

The livestream was cool! Only think I ask/recommend is that you cut off that small section of the box that has the Chicago Coin logo that says “This is IT!” with Sound Stage and the serial written on it. That’s really neat and you don’t see any photos of what the boxes look like on IPDB. How many people have photos of the original box tags? I’d even keep it with the game under the coin box.
And keep those awesome little Chicago coin bags it comes with too!

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Cool!
Please post on Youtube, cause no one uses FB anymore.

No one other than 2 and a quarter billion people.....

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Once FB sold all your data, you gonna stick with them?

Really???

Every single one of your Phone's contacts were sold by them, so even your children's phones now get spam calls, though they were never on FB.

Wake up.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/06/08/facebook-reportedly-sold-user-data-to-businesses-in-secret-deals/

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Once FB sold all your data, you gonna stick with them?
Really???
Every single one of your Phone's contacts were sold by them, so even your children's phones now get spam calls, though they were never on FB.
Wake up.
https://www.engadget.com/2018/06/08/facebook-reportedly-sold-user-data-to-businesses-in-secret-deals/

If you ever thought this wasn't their model, then you weren't thinking.
You aren't going to escape it, but it's cute that you think you might.
Keep up the good fight.......

#15 5 years ago

LOL @ "cute"!

#16 5 years ago

Is it really a Sound Stage?

#17 5 years ago

NICE FIND! Too bad the boards are gonna be shot from battery damage

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

If you ever thought this wasn't their model, then you weren't thinking.
You aren't going to escape it, but it's cute that you think you might.
Keep up the good fight.......

You’re guaranteed to lose if you just give up and give in lmao!

You can unplug, use DuckDuckGo, don’t use Gmail, or google or google chrome (if you can help it) big brother Google is such a huge threat to privacy.

I’ve been working towards it because it really is creepy what they know about you. Those creepy targeted ads are so accurate and specific because google owns both the information collection websites and programs AND google owns 90% of online advertisement companies.
Very freaky.

#19 5 years ago

I use a private email server

#20 5 years ago

I piggyback on Norad, they have good private servers, I always know where Santa is...and I can just click and know where Vid is.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

what is FACBOOK?

It’s similar to what wiped out the dinosaurs...

#22 5 years ago

Best of luck to you, Kevin! For those who aren't local, Kevin's shop has been there "forever" and had tons of cool stuff. I met some great friends at the shop over the years, and Kevin has been an asset to the hobby since way back when he had the Wayne show. He had the coldest beer fridge disguised as a snap-on rolling toolbox.
The shop will be missed, but there's no way Kevin will be able to stay away from the pin scene

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

It’s similar to what wiped out the dinosaurs...

OK. Thanks for clarifying that (I think).

#24 5 years ago

Please post pics and the video on youtube as I'm not on FB. Thanks for sharing!

#25 5 years ago

what facebook group do I search to find the unboxing?

#26 5 years ago

Another non-Fb user would love to see a YT link. I've actually never used Fb.....now Twitter on the other hand...

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Yep, grandma and her cat videos.

1/2 of all teens don't even have a FB account anymore.

Total daily users have fallen by -700,000 this year, even with all the FB primetime ads.

Once you are no longer cool with the youth, you are simply no longer cool.
45d3f5be-96b0-4f3a-9dc4-669c5b383cf0 (resized).jpg45d3f5be-96b0-4f3a-9dc4-669c5b383cf0 (resized).jpg

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Yep, grandma and her cat videos.
1/2 of all teens don't even have a FB account anymore.
Total daily users have fallen by -700,000 this year, even with all the FB primetime ads.
Once you are no longer cool with the youth, you are simply no longer cool.
[quoted image]

Hey this all may be true but if you want to see the big unboxing vid you’ll have to hope otaku posts something or get on Facebook.

Kevin is retired and don’t give two wet farts about us anymore!

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

or get on Facebook.

I'm stuck in the middle on this.

I'm too young for Facebook (and the only cats I like are prepared spicy, although I guess I could post pictures of that)

But I'm too old for VK

Sucks to be a tween.

img897435028734053884jpg (resized).jpgimg897435028734053884jpg (resized).jpg
#31 5 years ago

Is there a video of this unboxing?

#32 5 years ago

I’m on Facebook. Someone just tell me which Facebook group to go to to see the video.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Is there a video of this unboxing?

The age of the people who would have this old of a NIB are too old to figure out how to post a video. They probably facebook lived it, but didn't hit the save video option.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I’m on Facebook. Someone just tell me which Facebook group to go to to see the video.

Post #1 it's right on Kevin's Facebook page, scroll down a little.
-Mike

#35 5 years ago

It’s alive

44E3B327-226F-4B90-B831-5ED966BF48FF (resized).png44E3B327-226F-4B90-B831-5ED966BF48FF (resized).png

14182AA9-8B0E-42E9-9C32-A47F81CF6B50 (resized).png14182AA9-8B0E-42E9-9C32-A47F81CF6B50 (resized).png
#36 5 years ago
Quoted from gtxjoe:

It’s alive

I see the little black mold on the back of cabinet.....

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from gtxjoe:

It’s alive
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Very cool!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-in-box-em-from-1976-to-be-uncrated-live-today-on-facbook and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.