• 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ccbiggsoo7
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball boxed (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

NEW IN BOX: Batman (The Dark Knight)

Added: 2019-06-24 19:03:30 UTC • Ended: July 1st, 2019
Condition: NIB - New in box (personal)

2 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 6,000 (OBO)

Open for offers

Item description

NEVER OPENED! New-in-box Batman Dark Knight w/ Heath Ledger. Warehouse stored since received new in Feb 2009.

Collectors, this might be your only opportunity to buy a NEW Dark Knight!

The pinball is assumed to be in perfect condition, but the box has never been opened. Buyer should plan to open and test the machine before we load your truck. Company owner is clearing out personal property, now that he has sold his ownership interest. Forklift and loading dock are on site, but this is a personal sale, not a pinball distributor.

Green cash / local pickup preferred. Elk Grove Village, IL

Item photos

Pinball boxed (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are PaintHorse's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to PaintHorse's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Elk Grove Village, IL, US

#2 4 years ago

this is legit. i have been in the warehouse and have seen the box on the shelf for years now.

#3 4 years ago

Do we have any confirmation if this was the Original or Costco version?

#4 4 years ago

as far as i can tell it is the Stern, commercial version (the one that most of us would want).

#5 4 years ago

What else is in the warehouse?

#6 4 years ago

I’m sure somebody will snap this right up.

#7 4 years ago

So do it read the description right, you can unbox and try the machine out before you hall away??

#9 4 years ago

-$2,000 as soon as that puppy is out of that box.

#10 4 years ago

Where is the picture of the box showing the game title?

#11 4 years ago

pm sent

#12 4 years ago

A decade old NIB game from the era where the home market was passing the commercial market. Pretty cool item here. Should sale fast.

#13 4 years ago

Could you also post a picture of the box?

#14 4 years ago

Cool opportunity, assuming humidity control warehouse.

Also, the privilege to open is cool; however, you will need not to care about instant depreciation to around $4500.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Cool opportunity, assuming humidity control warehouse.
Also, the privilege to open is cool; however, you will need to care about instant depreciation to $4500.

No way just opening the box would justify a $2,000 depreciation. In fact, the older a pin is and in the box, the more buyers want to actually see the pin. I’ve had a few NIb pins from the 80s and 90s. All but one were opened up for inspection but never played or set up, value didn’t go down a single cent.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

No way just opening the box would justify a $2,000 depreciation. In fact, the older a pin is and in the box, the more buyers want to actually see the pin. I’ve had a few NIb pins from the 80s and 90s. All but one were opened up for inspection but never played or set up, value didn’t go down a single cent.

Right. Nice ones go for around $4500 per archive actual sales.

Question is what should one pay for the privilege to open the box first and play?
Cuz year down the road, machine will sell for around what nice ones sell for. (Depreciation like buying a NIB Stern today).

#17 4 years ago

I got to play one in Vegas, N.Y.,N.Y. arcade a few days ago. Really enjoyed it.

glws

#18 4 years ago

Dang , great find
But picture of the Box will speed up the sale

#19 4 years ago

Seems to be a very cool item, too bad I'm in Europe...

#20 4 years ago

Is box still strapped to pallet? Pics needed. Thanks

#21 4 years ago

I want humidity and temp records for the past 10 years or I am out

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I want humidity and temp records for the past 10 years or I am out

I think this every time I see some one with a "garage gameroom".....

#23 4 years ago

Interesting. At the end of the day it's still a BDK. If you want possibly the nicest version outside of a HEP restored example, then this might be your only opportunity.

I agree that once the box is opened, it'll sell for as much as any other "nice" example of BDK.

#24 4 years ago

When I buy a old NIB pin, I have to open it up for inspection or no sale. Terms can be simple....if pin is in expected new condition, I’ll pay the full price, any defects and price goes down. I’ll have cash handed to seller for what a nice pin for that titles goes for. I’ll have cash in my hand for the remaining balance. If everything checks out, they get the remainder of the cash, if not, they can either refund my money or give me the pin for that going rate price.

#25 4 years ago

just picked one up about 2 months ago, the mcpit sound rom completely takes this from a decent game to a great game.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-in-box-batman-the-dark-knight?hl=bud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.