• Latest reply 3 years ago by Lethal_Inc
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DF07EECA-4AC7-4D68-8EC6-7375B4D9B3D7 (resized).png
BED31576-40EF-43FB-A3D0-D6B5653295C5 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_2019-01-10-19-10-46-1-1 (resized).png
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Screenshot_2019-01-10-19-10-46-1-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-01-10-19-10-46-1-1 (resized).png

#3 5 years ago

Any noticeable game play changes?

#4 5 years ago

- Attract Mode - added Legacy of the Beast 2019 tour dates
- Revive - 'advance revive' is now lit when you don't have both outlane saves lit
- Eddie Letters - fixed an issue where EDDIE letters could be lost between first ball and second ball in a multiplayer game
- Drop Targets - progress towards 'light lock' is restored if it was skipped because trooper locks could not be lit from other running modes
- Flight of Icarus - changed starting award to 2M and increment by 150K (was starting at 1M and increment by 250K)
- Eddie Cards - collecting level 1 - boosts power jackpot 5M
- Eddie Cards - collecting Level 2 - boosts power jackpot 15M
- Eddie Cards - collecting Level 2 - now shows display effect with current EDDIE card status (used to just be a callout)
- Two Minutes to Midnight - intro now displays all shot awards and their values in a sorted list
- Can I Play with Madness - defaults to off in competition mode
- Timed Battle Modes - "Add Time" Mystery award is not available anymore in grace (it will choose a different eligible mystery award)
- Loop Jackpots - added new flasher lamp effect when awarded
- Soul Shard - added new background / collected lamp effects
- Danger / Tilt - graphics now updated to use nuke console / mushroom cloud videos
- Audits - fixed Rime of the Ancient Mariner audits that were not chalking properly
- Audits - fixed left / right drains in system audits

#5 5 years ago

Revive - 'advance revive' is now lit when you don't have both outlane saves lit

Nice

#6 5 years ago

Awesome news for IMDN owners!

#7 5 years ago

I love it when new code comes out. Even if I don’t own the machine.

#8 5 years ago

Just got IMDN and never updated code before. Anywhere on pinside that provides steps to update the code?

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

Just got IMDN and never updated code before. Anywhere on pinside that provides steps to update the code?

Stern site where you'll download it from will tell you what to do. Pretty basic, download, unpack, put on thumbdrive, to into menu and select update

The main thing you want to do at that point is select quick and NO verify. Just saves you time

#10 5 years ago

I don't think you have to unzip file anymore, right? They made updating REALLY simple now. Must've gotten all my letters.

#11 5 years ago

I'm still running 1.02. Time to update methinks. And fix my Newton ball.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Stern site where you'll download it from will tell you what to do. Pretty basic, download, unpack, put on thumbdrive, to into menu and select update
The main thing you want to do at that point is select quick and NO verify. Just saves you time

Awesome, thank you. Gonna try it tomorrrow.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I don't think you have to unzip file anymore, right? They made updating REALLY simple now. Must've gotten all my letters.

That's probably how they got around there famous text that always said "copy the 2 folders on the USB drive" even though sometimes there were more or less than 2 folders. Ha, gotta love those guys.

#14 5 years ago

Easy to update. Did metallica a few weeks ago, big diff in game. Gonna do IM tonite

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

No you dont have to unzip, just drag them over to your USB folder and drop them in.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I always do full verification... It might take longer, but I can play other games while it's doing that. Then again, I never set my PC to quick boot either - I'd like to know about an issue sooner rather than later. I'm in the minority though

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I always do full verification... It might take longer, but I can play other games while it's doing that. Then again, I never set my PC to quick boot either - I'd like to know about an issue sooner rather than later. I'm in the minority though

I have only updated code twice and did verification, because it sounded like I should. I didn't know how long it would take though.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I have only updated code twice and did verification, because it sounded like I should. I didn't know how long it would take though.

I do the full with verify now because it always works. Seems most problems or difficulties arise when I dont. Of course this is just imo.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I do the full with verify now because it always works. Seems most problems or difficulties arise when I dont. Of course this is just imo.

What is the difference in time to do the update between verify and not verifying? Thanks!

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

What is the difference in time to do the update between verify and not verifying? Thanks!

Slightly less than double the time.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

Awesome, thank you. Gonna try it tomorrrow.

Also, instructions are on a sticker inside the backbox!

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Revive - 'advance revive' is now lit when you don't have both outlane saves lit
Nice

Yeah, this is a treat. One of those things that I wanted, but never formed it into a full thought like "Oh, I want that." Happy someone did.

#23 5 years ago

I never verify, never had an issue.

#24 5 years ago

I updated from 1.04 to 1.06 last night and first game had my best game ever. New code makes the game noticeably easier and it’s definitely more polished. Saw some new animations and heard new callouts. The concert tour dates in attract mode are cool! Such a bad ass pin

BED31576-40EF-43FB-A3D0-D6B5653295C5 (resized).jpegBED31576-40EF-43FB-A3D0-D6B5653295C5 (resized).jpeg

#25 5 years ago

I keep trying to download IMDN update for premium and when i put the in usb in machine, it says invalid sdk?

I did notice that the file name has LE instead of premium. Does that matter? If so, i tried all 3 links and none say premium? I am assuming code is the same for premium and LE but have no idea why it says invalid sdk.

I am going to try to update my aerosmith and see if i get similar issues. Guess that will be the first step to troubleshooting.

#26 5 years ago

What format is the stick in?

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What format is the stick in?

Not sure. It is plugged into my dell PC and allows me to drag the file over and see it.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I never verify, never had an issue.

Same here.

#29 5 years ago

I did notice the spk file for aerosmith looks like a zip file icon but iron maiden does not. Hmmm

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

I did notice the spk file for aerosmith looks like a zip file icon but iron maiden does not. Hmmm

There are times when it's a zip and you have to extra and other times it's just a spk file. I think depends on the complexity/size of the update.

Try formatting your USB device and then downloading again.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

There are times when it's a zip and you have to extra and other times it's just a spk file. I think depends on the complexity/size of the update.

Thanks. Good to know.after reading aerosmith instructions i see it is different with the zip file. Of course my usb flash isnt big enough for awerosmith. Lol comedy of errors today.

Now if i can figure out how to reformat the usb flash for iron maiden

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

Thanks. Good to know.after reading aerosmith instructions i see it is different with the zip file. Of course my usb flash isnt big enough for awerosmith. Lol comedy of errors today.
Now if i can figure out how to reformat the usb flash for iron maiden

Figured out format. More to follow

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I updated from 1.04 to 1.06 last night and first game had my best game ever. New code makes the game noticeably easier and it’s definitely more polished. Saw some new animations and heard new callouts. The concert tour dates in attract mode are cool! Such a bad ass pin
[quoted image]

darkryder nice score. What specifically do you think makes it easier? I only got to play it a little last night, I know there are a few scoring differences per the readme, but did I notice balls not locking prior to modes starting, which I don't know if that's part of the code or if a bug/glitch/switch issue. I seem to remember starting quite a few modes without the lock stopping the mode-starting ball, which made it easier (in the multiball modes) to get a couple of jackpot shots in on an empty playfield before the second ball launched.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

USB format worked. Thanks.

Unrelated...how do i know what version ac/dc i have since it doesnt appear on dmd?

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

Unrelated...how do i know what version ac/dc i have since it doesnt appear on dmd?

It should display as soon as you turn the game on. Weird if it doesn't.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

It should display as soon as you turn the game on. Weird if it doesn't.

Ok. I saw it. User error. Thanks!

#38 5 years ago

If you’ve installed a knocker the adjustment to turn it on is now,
standard adjustment #51
In the menus.

#39 5 years ago

Does it mater if the thumb drive has other things on it?

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from JCNP:

Does it mater if the thumb drive has other things on it?

Yes the usb stick has to be empty.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thought it was a stupid question. Glad I asked. Thanks.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This is NOT true. The update process is looking for a specific file type and ignores any other file types on the thumb drive. I consistently update my games with other files in my thumb drive and have never had an issue.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

This is NOT true. The update process is looking for a specific file type and ignores any other file types on the thumb drive. I consistently update my games with other files in my thumb drive and have never had an issue.

I think you're wrong but im not going to argue about it. Ive heard it repeated many times here that your USB stick has to be empty of all other files. Im no computer expert though so maybe you are right.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from JCNP:

Thought it was a stupid question. Glad I asked. Thanks.

No question is a stupid question......well that one wasn't anyway.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think you're wrong but im not going to argue about it. Ive heard it repeated many times here that your USB stick has to be empty of all other files. Im no computer expert though so maybe you are right.

I update them all the time with multiple code updates for different games on them and all kinds of other stuff. It will ask you which to upload and you just select the correct code and it will start the upload. JJP games do require a clean USB though.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

I kind of thought that. That's why I thought a stupid question.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

This is correct, I do the same thing. My USB stick has old TWD code on it and I didn't have a problem updating.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

This is correct, I do the same thing. My USB stick has old TWD code on it and I didn't have a problem updating.

Well i learned something new today. That is a good thing because i need to learn all that i can.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well i learned something new today. That is a good thing because i need to learn all that i can.

And just because you learned it today don't bet you will know it tomorrow.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from JCNP:

And just because you learned it today don't bet you will know it tomorrow.

Thats true. Im getting older now and usually can't remember what i did 5 minutes ago.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-imdn-code-update?hl=jcnp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.