compare2 (resized).jpg
compare3 (resized).jpg
winter preview (resized).jpg
32117733-6F9D-404E-A508-3ACF69DBE755 (resized).jpeg
mystery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190124-045918_Gallery (resized).jpg
Gibranx (resized).png
IMG_5665.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindelapin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#211 5 years ago

Following this with fingers crossed. I went the teekee glitter route and while its better than nothing its definitely not an original. Would really love to put something like this up on top of my game.

1 week later
#216 5 years ago

Can't wait to see the results

#223 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

if he is smart then he will get paid handsomely for his efforts!
Hell, crappy old beat up but working Whitewater toppers can sell for 1k. A game without a topper is worth 1k less to most.
I would think these will fly off the shelves at $500-700. That assumes they perfectly recreate the effect. It sure looks like he is closer than anyone has ever been.

Quoted from Whysnow:

if he is smart then he will get paid handsomely for his efforts!
Hell, crappy old beat up but working Whitewater toppers can sell for 1k. A game without a topper is worth 1k less to most.
I would think these will fly off the shelves at $500-700. That assumes they perfectly recreate the effect. It sure looks like he is closer than anyone has ever been.

No freaking way at $5-700. Damn Whysnow are you his official north american distributor for the product? Who just wanders in and starts pulling bullshit prices out of their ass? Seriously uncool on your part.

#228 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

what would be uncool, is not paying a dude making a handmade product with tons of skill and effort (remember, multiple previous attempts have failed miserably) a fair market price for his product.
It seems very reasonable to me that he should be able to sell these at $500 easy as they add that value plus more to any game currently missing the topper.
I can understand that if you are looking to buy one that you dont want to hear someone say that, but man to not be honest about the value of a whitewater topper is just disingenuous.
Crappy ones that are nothing more that a poorly produced sticker from Twisted pins sell for $250 easily
ebay.com link » Whitewater Pinball Reproduction Topper Williams White Water
I cant find it now but last original one I saw sold for $750 with the tub and light rig (i.e. plug and play) and it had a crack in the center of the waterfall part.
If he prices these at $500 for a plug and play version they will sell like hot cakes.
If he sells as just the foil portion like twisted pins did and it works like original then $400 easily.

No idea where you shop other than flea-bay i guess which is nothing but overpriced to cover sellers fees. I have never seen an original topper sell for $750 or $1000. One just sold here on pinside for $350 which had 1 small crease in the middle. Again you are trying to dictate the pricing for the seller. How bout you and everyone else sit back and let the man do his work. 1st we will see if he can even make something that people are willing to lay down their hard money for. 2nd how bout instead of you being a pricing forecaster we let the seller state his asking price? Im all for the guy getting reimbursed for his hard work but dont need anyone artificially inflating a price when its not even theirs to price in the 1st place.

#236 5 years ago
Quoted from Gibranx:

For now, pray that everything works with the lights and materials that I'm using, that manages to get as close as possible to the original. I take a lot of myself in my work and I am a perfectionist.
I always put myself in the shoes of those who want a topper for many years.
I live in Italy and send it to the US I think it costs a little!
Sometimes I think that if something bad happens to me, right now, goodbye forever topper for another 25 years!
I'm joking, obviously!
In one way or another, I promise you that we will finally end this long and legendary story of this irreproducible topper.

I totally admire you for taking on this issue and I and others are pulling for you to succeed especially when you don't even own this game. All work you contribute to this project is greatly appreciated by all of of who do actually own the game and do have a vested interest in a viable solution. That being said, if the end product is unaffordable for the mass majority of owners then it personally does nothing to help me. However, if it helps many other wh20 owners get a more complete game that also is a win to me in the bigger picture. I went with the glitter route on one of these from treasure cove

20180805_155611 (resized).jpg20180805_155611 (resized).jpg
#247 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What have you seen them sell for?
last one I saw sell was 1k. parts complete original that looked nice
Sorry, not gonna go dig it up for you as it is not worth the effort to me.
I hope anyone that makes a good example prices it at the exact right spot where they sell a boat load of these and make some good cash for their efforts.
Seems obvious that based on responses here and what they go for now (if you can find one) that he will have little problem selling a bunch somewhere in the $350 to $700 range. Since these are all hand made I would suggest shooting high and get more per topper for the individual effort it will take.
Why make 50 toppers and sell them for $350 when you can make only 25 and sell for $700?

And this statement shows your true selfish attitude. @Whysnow "Why make 50 toppers and sell them for $350 when you can make only 25 and sell for $700? As i stated above in another post if the Op sells them and its more than I care to pay so be it at least it will help others. Your statement clearly defines your greedy stance on this matter. You stated before you don't own this game so not real sure why your input even matters. Here is a spoon why don't you take it to another group and stir your pot over there.

#249 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

they are all HAND made!
I am not telling him to be greedy. I am telling him to go make some money for the product he developed that thus far nobody else has been able to, there is an obvious demand (but limited in total possible sales), and he has put a bunch of sweat equity in to.
If anything you are stirring the pot with wanting the guy to under value his hard work and skill.
How much do you really think these are worth?
How much are you willing to pay?

Again as stated above let the man produce a working product. Then let him set the price for his work. If me tbe buyer find it to be a fair price I will buy 1. Until a working product is produced its pointless to speculate the value of something that doesnt even exist yet.

#255 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

that one was on ebay about a year ago (give or take a few months)
They are insanely tough to find it seems.
This is a very needed item.

ok, check.
Based on this my advice is to set it as high as you can. You can always step the price down 6 months later to find out where buyers like PinDelaPin are willing to jump in. I have to think anyone willing to buy a poorly done sticker and bust out the stripper glitter for arts and crafts, would love to buy the real deal
I am just happy to see someone appears to finally be figuring this all out!

Again for someone who doesnt even own the game i really fail to understand your relevancy here. Thats right arts and crafts hour did take place all for a whopping cost of bout $45. Nowhere near the $1000 you have so eloquently stated for an original. Because Oh thats right I do actually own the game and have like others had to make do. After all the negative downvotes you get in every thread you partake one would think you would learn how to turn that trend around. I guess being a cynical busybody comes natural to you though. You have nothing positive to contribute wherever and whatever group you slither into. So keep trolling these groups of people trying to stay positive and Help other fellow pinheads out and you will continue to shine light on yourself for what you truly are. So keep clicking your pink pumps together and wishing for a new shiny white water with a brand new topper while the rest of us are enjoying ours with or without a $1000 topper.

1 week later
#276 5 years ago

This is starting to really look promising. Nicely done.

#282 5 years ago

If your end up being able to pull this off and it's certainly looking like you have a strong shot of doing it then you certainly will be ranked number 1 in the pinball hall of fame. Im sure I speak for all here when I say we are all pulling for you to succeed.

#295 5 years ago
Quoted from Gibranx:

It will be very difficult already to make it identical to the original, it will perhaps be impossible to do it better!
When Rygar's original topper arrives, I'll find out what you can do and improve.
I am a very fussy person and I am still not satisfied with the result, because I think I can push myself even further with the work, I can do even better, but working more slowly.
When I have studied the original topper and done my best I will tell you: this is the best I could do, do you like it? Can it be good for you?
That's all!

We are all appreciative of your enduring effort to help all of us topperless wh20 owners. Looking forward to seeing whatever it is your hard work produces.

#298 5 years ago

So let me get this straight. We do massive calculations and build spacecraft to send a man to the moon but we can't reproduce a sticker? Hmmm... If you can solve this dilemma Gibranx i'm sure you will be on the board of directors at NASA. When you get this problem solved we should send 1 to twisted pins also.

Screenshot_20190124-045918_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190124-045918_Gallery (resized).jpg
#302 5 years ago
Quoted from Gibranx:

[quoted image]

Lmao!! Well played sir

#305 5 years ago
Quoted from Gibranx:

Teaser
I'm uploading comparison videos ...
whereas the work done to date was without ever having seen the original ...
Can I say that my little waterfalls have a better movement than the original?
It seems so to me!

Wowwee that is a bold statement. Im very excited now for sure to see this.

#313 5 years ago
Quoted from Gibranx:

first compare test version 5.5 vs original
in this video a think that my little waterfall move more better than original.
now i can study the original topper to make better bubble and central waterfall!
https://vimeo.com/313464648

Ok you are clearly getting much closer. Keep fine tuning it and I feel you bring home a winner.

1 week later
#326 5 years ago
Quoted from Gibranx:

Thanks Zene you were very clear!
So, if I understand correctly, there are also those who need only full adhesive ....

I have the clear topper dome and the lights just need the white water decal that you are trying to reproduce.

1 month later
#341 5 years ago

Any new progress to report?

4 weeks later
#353 5 years ago
Quoted from Gibranx:

As for the movement of the waterfall, I managed to perfect it, including the bubbles. All this thanks to the topper who loaned me Rygar.
As soon as I finish this work I will publish a video.
I am very happy with this improvement, now it is even more similar to the original.

Looking forward to seeing a video. Pictures sometimes dont tell the whole story.

2 weeks later
#364 5 years ago

Well hopefully your research and hard work will prevail
and bring a resolution to so many people.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindelapin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-ideas-for-white-water-topper?tu=pindelapin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.