Topic Stats

• 412 posts
  • 105 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 75 days ago by joetechbob
  • Topic is favorited by 63 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 30 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190610_213331.jpg
compare1 (resized).jpg
filepsd (resized).jpg
compare4 (resized).jpg
compare2 (resized).jpg
compare3 (resized).jpg
winter preview (resized).jpg
32117733-6F9D-404E-A508-3ACF69DBE755 (resized).jpeg
mystery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190124-045918_Gallery (resized).jpg
Gibranx (resized).png
IMG_5665.JPG
IMG_5664.JPG
IMG_5663.JPG
IMG_5662.JPG
IMG_5661.JPG

There are 412 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
#401 4 months ago

With permission from WILLIAMS / PPS
Copyright WILLIAMS / PPS
Not for sale.

White Water handmade topper final

Test

https://vimeo.com/362960190

----------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to make a comparison with the original topper, without hiding anything, to really show what I managed to do.

Maybe it won't be like the original, but with this manual technique I managed to get it.
Maybe I can think of another idea to improve the work.

I take this opportunity to thank you:

www.arcademania.eu where this project was born, thanks to all the staff and forum users who encouraged me!

Thanks to Nik for the photos of the original topper and for giving me the measurements, Sonnycor for the challenge (this gift is for you, my friend!) And all the other members of the arcademania.

I thank Rygar for the original topper, without I could not have greatly improved the work!

I especially thank Mr. Rick of Williams for allowing me to continue and publish my studies on this fantastic topper.

Thanks Enzo for designing the lights sequence from scratch.

In the end, I thank the Pinside community for support, you are great people!

If I forgot someone, I apologize!

Returning to the video I wanted to show the two cascades from various angles.
I still haven't understood if I've done a good job, but it's certainly an alternative solution to the original.

The original waterfall, for me, is always the best, I hope to understand other secrets to perfect the work.

#402 4 months ago
Quoted from Gibranx:

With permission from WILLIAMS / PPS
Copyright WILLIAMS / PPS
Not for sale.
White Water handmade topper final
Test
https://vimeo.com/362960190
----------------------------------------------------------
I wanted to make a comparison with the original topper, without hiding anything, to really show what I managed to do.
Maybe it won't be like the original, but with this manual technique I managed to get it.
Maybe I can think of another idea to improve the work.
I take this opportunity to thank you:
www.arcademania.eu where this project was born, thanks to all the staff and forum users who encouraged me!
Thanks to Nik for the photos of the original topper and for giving me the measurements, Sonnycor for the challenge (this gift is for you, my friend!) And all the other members of the arcademania.
I thank Rygar for the original topper, without I could not have greatly improved the work!
I especially thank Mr. Rick of Williams for allowing me to continue and publish my studies on this fantastic topper.
In the end, I thank the Pinside community for support, you are great people!
If I forgot someone, I apologize!
Returning to the video I wanted to show the two cascades from various angles.
I still haven't understood if I've done a good job, but it's certainly an alternative solution to the original.
The original waterfall, for me, is always the best, I hope to understand other secrets to perfect the work.

Maybe it's just the angle but it appears as if maybe your version is a little too directly reflective where the original disperses the light more. I know those aren't very technical terms and this is far outside my area of expertise but that's the way it looks to me. Yours still looks better than any of the repros I've seen, good job and I hope you can improve it further!

#403 4 months ago

bobukcat I have to do a test with a slightly different material.
In my previous videos on vimeo, I had used another material, which reflected the light differently.

#404 3 months ago

This test helped me to understand how to make the topper, and what mistakes I made. Now I understand what I have to change.

#405 3 months ago

Dam, best looking remake of this topper so far,hands down. I’m sure your still going to tweak things and wish you good luck if you continue on this quest. Great job

#406 3 months ago

I already have in mind what to do. Use the pattern of the last video but on this material, used in a previous test, which better reflects the light and is more similar to the original.

old test
https://vimeo.com/313464648

https://vimeo.com/312918949

https://vimeo.com/312273354

It should be better, I hope!

#407 3 months ago

Wow. Nice!

#408 3 months ago

Looks great! I appreciate what you're doing, and look forward to being able to purchase one if you are ever able to go into production.

#409 3 months ago

really nice....you are very very close. Awesome work.

3 weeks later
#410 3 months ago

Keep at it! Hope you can get this into something we can buy from you. I saw an original whitewater topper at pinball expo this past weekend in Chicago and it was awesome! Wish I had one of those on my whitewater machine!

3 weeks later
#411 75 days ago

Small update work continues ...

Finally I managed to find, crossing my fingers, what I needed.

Next week I can see if these two new materials (unfortunately one is very expensive) can still improve my work on the waterfall, in order to achieve a result similar to 95% of the original.

As usual, as soon as possible, I will update you!

#412 75 days ago

Wow, looks great!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 25.00
There are 412 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside