compare2 (resized).jpg
compare3 (resized).jpg
winter preview (resized).jpg
32117733-6F9D-404E-A508-3ACF69DBE755 (resized).jpeg
mystery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190124-045918_Gallery (resized).jpg
Gibranx (resized).png
IMG_5665.JPG
There are 483 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.
#451 3 years ago
Quoted from Gibranx:

Shit, they haven't been producing since 2012.

"Bonjour Monsieur

Merci de l'intérêt que vous portez à l'Héliophore mais hélas nous ne produisons plus ce procédé depuis fin 2012

Bien votre
Tanneguy de JORNA

IMPRIMHELIO"

I pretend nothing and continue with plan B.

that's too bad... did they provide alternate options maybe? Happy to french it up with him if you need

#452 3 years ago

With permission from WILLIAMS / PPS
Copyright WILLIAMS / PPS
Not for sale.

this is my hand made reproduction.
I think is a good start.

#453 3 years ago
Quoted from Gibranx:

Copyright WILLIAMS / PPS
Not for sale.

I think is a good start.

Sweet! Lets see it in action with the proper lighting!

Extremely impressed!

#454 3 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Sweet! Lets see it in action with the proper lighting!
Extremely impressed!

So the question is this.

I have the sequence of handmade lights and when I ordered the bulbs they didn't send them to me like the originals.

This video is made with the led light of the smartphone. If you see in my videos on Vimeo, you will notice old tests where I had made everything with another material almost identical to the original.

There the light reflected better. Now maybe I try to do a test with the old material, above all to understand if it is good for a mass production.

Returning to your initial question, I have already done some tests with the lights on this waterfall.

They didn't satisfy me 100%. Maybe with led lights it would be, absurdly, better? Or should I also use lights at the top as a frame? Or is it the fault of the material?

I can tell you that technically it is very similar to the original, from the test with the smartphone it behaves almost identically. (Technically 100%, from the artistic point of view there are differences)

I have to understand if the problem is the material or my lights.
Or the fact that having made it by hand I did something wrong.

I want perfection!

#455 3 years ago
Quoted from Gibranx:

So the question is this.
I have the sequence of handmade lights and when I ordered the bulbs they didn't send them to me like the originals.
This video is made with the led light of the smartphone. If you see in my videos on Vimeo, you will notice old tests where I had made everything with another material almost identical to the original.
There the light reflected better. Now maybe I try to do a test with the old material, above all to understand if it is good for a mass production.
Returning to your initial question, I have already done some tests with the lights on this waterfall.
They didn't satisfy me 100%. Maybe with led lights it would be, absurdly, better? Or should I also use lights at the top as a frame? Or is it the fault of the material?
I can tell you that technically it is very similar to the original, from the test with the smartphone it behaves almost identically. (Technically 100%, from the artistic point of view there are differences)
I want perfection!

Maybe somebody has a spare light board so that you can hook it up and simulate how it would work in game. But now that I think about it, I don't know how hard it would be to get the light board working without the rest of the PCBs.

#456 3 years ago
Quoted from Gibranx:

So the question is this.
I want perfection!

Just an FYI, I performed several tests on the waterfall effect on my WH2O topper using LED lights and also using the standard #194 incandescent light bulbs and the waterfall effect looks much more pronounced using standard incandescent light bulbs. With the LED lights the waterfall effect is reduced and doesn't look nearly as good on my WH2O topper.

Gord

#457 3 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Just an FYI, I performed several tests on the waterfall effect on my WH2O topper using LED lights and also using the standard #194 incandescent light bulbs and the waterfall effect looks much more pronounced using standard incandescent light bulbs. With the LED lights the waterfall effect is reduced and doesn't look nearly as good on my WH2O topper.
Gord

yes, this has been discussed in the past. LEDs do not work correctly on the effect.

#458 3 years ago
Quoted from Gibranx:

Copyright WILLIAMS / PPS
Not for sale.

I think is a good start.

Very impressive!!
Hope you can get that produced, would make a lot of topper-less owners happy

#459 3 years ago
Quoted from Gibranx:

Copyright WILLIAMS / PPS
Not for sale.

I think is a good start.

Amazing work. Just take my money now. Consider me down for a preorder.

#460 3 years ago
Quoted from RusticatedBelt:

Amazing work. Just take my money now. Consider me down for a preorder.

I'm sorry, I don't sell anything, I only deal with finding a solution. I hope you can buy it through Williams - PPS and its official dealers.

1 week later
#461 3 years ago

Hi Rygar
i have send pm to you about your original topper.
All ok?

#462 3 years ago
britta (resized).jpegbritta (resized).jpeg
#463 3 years ago
Quoted from Gibranx:

Hi Rygar
i have send pm to you about your original topper.
All ok?

Yes, sorry, I was busy in the meantime.

5 months later
#464 3 years ago

hope everyone is safe in their respective countries. Just wanted to see how progress is going.
Like every topless WH2O owner, I'm itching to see these hit production so I can fork over my $ to whichever rights holder is going to be selling them.

2 weeks later
#465 3 years ago

Watching this with great interest. Fantastic work and dedication to a worthy cause!

11 months later
#466 2 years ago

Any news or update? Gibranx

#467 2 years ago
Quoted from mastercello:

Any news or update? Gibranx

He sold his process/design to CGC for their WH20 remake, so he can't talk about it here anymore.

(no, I have no actual inside info...but it sounds good, doesn't it?)

#468 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

He sold his process/design to CGC for their WH20 remake, so he can't talk about it here anymore.
(no, I have no actual inside info...but it sounds good, doesn't it?)

That would be awesome...or PPS took it over and will procude it too?!?

#469 2 years ago
Quoted from mastercello:

That would be awesome...or PPS took it over and will procude it too?!?

His process was manual. Without proper tool, they won't start any production.

#470 2 years ago

Peter, don't destroy my last hope...

1 month later
#471 2 years ago

This is over?! no news?

#472 2 years ago

yup, another fail!

#473 2 years ago

I was part of a team that had a meeting with PPS & FAST and it was suggested to us to do a topper for White Water. That team fell apart, PPS isn't doing toppers but wanted others to do it.

Sounded like someone is also creating the game as well.

#474 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Sounded like someone is also creating the game as well.

hu? Do you mean like a remake from CGC?

#475 2 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

hu? Do you mean like a remake from CGC?

He alluded a few things but nothing definite but stressed White Water, suggested 6 remakes in the next 2 years (that was mid last year) in some form or another from a number of business. My guess is:
1 - Fathom - Haggis
2 - Funhouse 2.0
3 - White Water
4 -
5 -
6 -

I had a number ideas and had started on a WH20 topper but then stopped when the team fell apart

2 weeks later
#476 2 years ago

Never lose hope! I've had a lot of problems, but now it's time to rethink this project in search of a solution.

#477 2 years ago

I am in contact with a company specializing in laser micro-engravings.

They can engrave any material in the order of a few microns and make engravings even not visible to the human eye.

I have to prepare some small tests and I will do it in these weeks.

After a bad and difficult period, for me, due to family issues, it's time to get back to work.

I hope to keep my promise, forgive my long absence.

#478 2 years ago

This is great news. Please let me know if you need the topper again and I will send it to you. It is still in the crate which you made for it.

#479 2 years ago

Rygar, you have already done so much for me!

I don't need it, I've photographed it hundreds of times.

Today I logged in here on the forum, I read some messages. I was very sorry that I stayed for 1 year. However, a new attempt, now I can do it. A company told me last year that it couldn't laser engrave aluminum.

But just today, coincidentally, I spoke to a company that does jobs with greater precision. He told me that it would cost a lot to engrave a topper of that size with that precision, and that even a laser would take hours to work.

But the owner of the company told me, after I told him my story, that he wanted to give it a try.

So now I have to write an email these days, show him some videos, send some photos and make a small sample by hand.

Then I have to finish a small vector sample to do a print test that he kindly will do for me for free.

#480 2 years ago

Meanwhile, I bought a rare print with the original French heliophore method, which I discovered is not the same one used by dufex. So maybe I can discover something new!

The print is expected to reach me around April 20.

#481 2 years ago

All great news, hope you can find some solution, let me know if you need some help or a topper.
Keep the good work

3 months later
#482 1 year ago

ugh, this thread.

1 year later
There are 483 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-ideas-for-white-water-topper/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.