You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AFMRdoorinside (resized).JPG
IMG_0567 (resized).JPG
BAEA0677-91D3-4081-AB13-776A6E57C12D (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

Need some help setting up my new Houdini. Trying to update the code and I’m getting the picture attached message. Have tried 2 usb sticks, one I know is usb3.0 but the other I think is 2.0. It won’t start and say code is updating. Just says what’s in the picture.

Also, I’m trying to setup the coils. It says open the coin door and pull out the interlock switch inside the coin door on the left side. I do not know what this is or where it is.

Any help?

Thank you

BAEA0677-91D3-4081-AB13-776A6E57C12D (resized).jpegBAEA0677-91D3-4081-AB13-776A6E57C12D (resized).jpeg
#3 4 years ago

If it’s continuing to say it just copied the audits to the stick, then it’s one of 2 things:

1) you copied the update package file incorrectly; make sure you unzipped the file before loading it to the usb. Also ensure that the file fully downloaded. It should be 1.5 GB or so

2) incompatible USB drive. Most of my USB sticks don’t work. Find one that does

#4 4 years ago

The file I've added to the usb is houdini-gamecode_19.4.7.pkg

I do not believe it's zipped, so I think that's ok -- unless I'm wrong. The only thing I haven't made sure to do us eject the USB from my PC after loading it. I do not think that should be a problem, as it never has been with other games.

Perhaps yes, it is the USB drives. Both of mine are Sandisk, so perhaps I need to look for something different. Weird thing is, I don't know why if it was an incompatible USB, why it was say the above on the screen when they are plugged in.

#5 4 years ago

I don't have a Houdini to check, but the high power interlock switch looks like the top one on this WOZ game, has a kind of knob on it you can pull out.

LTG : )

IMG_0567 (resized).JPGIMG_0567 (resized).JPG
#6 4 years ago
Quoted from callaway15:

I do not know what this is or where it is.

From an AFMR LE but it might help you find and pull out the high power interlock switch to enable high power. Red arrows point to it.

AFMRdoorinside (resized).JPGAFMRdoorinside (resized).JPG

#7 4 years ago

Houdini has only a single interlock switch, at least mine does. Similar (typical) location as in AFMR in Lloyd’s photo but one switch instead of two.

#8 4 years ago

Ah, yes -- thanks folks!

I did see that switch, and felt like it was probably it. Thought it also felt like it could be pulled out, but didn't want to try and break it -- in case it was the wrong thing.

Thanks for the pics to help!

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from PinNerd:

Houdini has only a single interlock switch, at least mine does. Similar (typical) location as in AFMR in Lloyd’s photo but one switch instead of two.

Thank you ! I don't have an AP pin to check.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from callaway15:

why it was say the above on the screen when they are plugged in.

I believe that happens when you plug a USB stick into the game and then turn it on, and the game doesn't recognize an update on the USB stick.

Check page 9-175 and 9-176 in the manual for instructions.

Quoted from callaway15:

Perhaps yes, it is the USB drives. Both of mine are Sandisk, so perhaps I need to look for something different. Weird thing is, I don't know why if it was an incompatible USB,

Crap happens. Some games are fussy when you plug something in. Try a different USB stick or different brand.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from callaway15:

The file I've added to the usb is houdini-gamecode_19.4.7.pkg
I do not believe it's zipped, so I think that's ok -- unless I'm wrong. The only thing I haven't made sure to do us eject the USB from my PC after loading it. I do not think that should be a problem, as it never has been with other games.
Perhaps yes, it is the USB drives. Both of mine are Sandisk, so perhaps I need to look for something different. Weird thing is, I don't know why if it was an incompatible USB, why it was say the above on the screen when they are plugged in.

It’s the drives then. I have 25 or so drives and only 2 will work in Houdini. (JJP games are kinda picky too, but I seem to remember Houdini is moreso). Although there hasn’t been a Houdini update in SOOOOO long I don’t exactly remember

#12 4 years ago

callaway15 What version of code did the game ship with?

#13 4 years ago

Mind Houdini flows better with the feet flat at the front and back..

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Mind Houdini flows better with the feet flat at the front and back..

Designed with this in mind - but know that shots flow smoothly with the rear legs twisted up 5-10 turns, just slightly higher than flat.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-houdini-setup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.