IMG_20221214_161748.jpg
IMG_20221214_161824.jpg
IMG_20221214_112718.jpg
IMG_20221214_112801.jpg
IMG_20221214_112518.jpg
IMG_20221214_112503.jpg
IMG_20221214_112819.jpg
IMG_20221214_105933.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stebel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 3 years ago

Beyond amazing. The whole game looks so impressive. Really like the unique design of the backbox. I really like the design of the right side, and the shot into the wire ramp. It is very very smooth in the test video.

Curious to see what is going opposite side of the scuba guy on top. I see the light ready for something.

Following 100%

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from stefanmader:

thank you, i quite don't know exactly what i'll make next to the diver on top. I thought of something like a big "Deep Blue Rage" Sign and some corals.
On the playfield i also have some empty spaces where i didn't decide yet what will go over the flashers.

That sounds perfect. It should be the sign that says the game name. Corals and maybe your red octopus would be awesome.

#45 3 years ago

Attract mode is really nice.

Isn’t Squishy just a minion of the big red Octopus? Or is he suppose to be the head of the tentacles?

1 week later
#53 3 years ago

Looking so good! Played very smooth! Fantastic work.

#57 3 years ago

What’s going to go in the upper left corner? I see wires tied together, waiting for an addition.

#59 3 years ago

Looking forward to your next game play video!

#64 3 years ago
Quoted from stefanmader:

and the 4Ball Multiball with 30s ball saves

Bloody hell, that is playing absolutely awesome. Minion octo looks fantastic. Ramps smooth, spinner is great. What decal you putting on the spinner?

2 weeks later
#75 3 years ago

Playing really really well. Very smooth.

1 week later
#81 3 years ago
Quoted from stefanmader:

the anglerfish is finished
also covered some stuff with "corals".[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It just keeps getting better and better! Angler fish is excellent. Coral is a nice touch troop. Are you going to add a treasure chest full of gold? Maybe light it up with a corresponding jackpot shot.

#84 3 years ago

Keep the improvements and videos coming!

#86 3 years ago

The black one that has the wood background looks really good.

Maybe make the Octopus hold a pinball or a flipper, just so others know it’s a pinball T shirt.

Or make the Octopus over your pinball machine.

The shirt looks great as is as well!

1 week later
#90 2 years ago
Quoted from stefanmader:

swapped out the right and left flipper assembly for some new ones yesterday. The upperflipper will get one of those as well if it fits.
It's incredible what problems appear when working on a pinball machine. I've screwd the left flipper as tight as possible, but the flippershaft still manages to turn with all the forces... i think i will roughen the shaft up a little, hopefully that works. I already broke a screw from tightening.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have run into the same problem with the flipper shaft. I used some emery clothy to take the shine of the shaft and it would hold no problem after that.

2 weeks later
#104 2 years ago
Quoted from stefanmader:

I havent had a good idea for Lord Rage on the backbox yet. I made this mockup, i like how it looks, but it is much to small.
So i think i will take some cardboard and draw up a bigger head and go from there. I already have a functioning motor on the backbox. I want a little bit of movement, but i guess that will be the next problem, when everything is bigger, that it might be to heavy.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Go way bigger. Twice the size of the diver. See how it looks.

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from stefanmader:

I think so too. i made a 3d printed base already, printing it right now. i will try it with 2 hard springs. hope that will hold the weight. a tiny, but strong motor will push a little piece to wobble it. it will be very slow, but a coil is just too loud outside the cabinet.
on top goes a cardboard construction. and then i will model details on top with epoxy sculpt. let's see how that goes.
but right now i'm pretty confident that this will all work

What about getting a custom LED sign, super cheap on AliExpress. Just send them your logo, light it up blue. Could mount that at the back, diver and Octopus in front and can wrap a tentacle(s) around it.

1 week later
#115 2 years ago

Can’t wait to see the giant Octopus. More interested in your game than I am new ones. Your build is fascinating. The theme is awesome too.

#121 2 years ago

Yellow jelly for me. Giant Octopus is looking great!

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from stefanmader:

i think i cant get away with just gluing the jellyfisch in this spot. the Leds will wie covered and not further action is required

Could you do a color changing LED under the jelly? Could be a nice effect.

#128 2 years ago

Beak or no beak on the octopus? It looks so good! Marvel at your artistic ability.

What are the plans for the tentacles? Light up suction cups on the tentacles could be amazing.

#131 2 years ago

Absolutely love it. Looks great!

2 weeks later
#148 2 years ago

Fabulous work. If I ever make it across the pond, I am inviting myself over for a game!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stebel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-homebrew-pinball-deep-blue-rage?tu=stebel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.