(Topic ID: 130189)

New Hockey Pinball Game?

By Krankypants

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you be interested in a Hockey pinball machine?”

• Yes!!!! 36 votes
      62%
    • I would like to play but not buy. 5 votes
      9%
    • Depends, it would have to be really amazing. 8 votes
      14%
    • I hate this idea. 9 votes
      16%

(58 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pony.jpg
    Crysby.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

Watching the Stanley Cup playoffs has got me thinking about a hockey themed pinball game. We have had several soccer, basketball and football games, but I think we are due for a modern hockey pinball game.

Before all of you non-hockey fans say anything; I have to tell you that I can't stand watching soccer, but World Cup Soccer '94 is one of my favorite games due to the fun game play. The same can be done with hockey. I would love to see a feature similar to flipper football where you have drop targets in front of the goal that you must knock down and then get the ball through the opening in a very short period of time before the pop up again.

Modes the game could feature would be Hat Trick, Drop the Gloves (Hockey Fight), Power Play (for multiball), and Empty Net.

I have never bought a new pinball machine because I prefer to restore old ones, but a well done hockey theme would be too hard to resist. Sales in Europe should be good due to hockey's popularity there as well.

#2 8 years ago

There's really only 1 team it should be based on...

#3 8 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

There's really only 1 team it should be based on...

You're thinking of the Flyer's, right?

#4 8 years ago

Wanted one done right for a long time but just don't see it happening. My favorite sport.

#5 8 years ago

I'm in. Trekkie1978's avatar says it all. +1 for the Devils!!

#6 8 years ago

Gary Buttman bash toy and I am in!

Bash Gary 2.0

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from Krankypants:

Before all of you non-hockey fans say anything; I have to tell you that I can't stand watching soccer, but World Cup Soccer '94 is one of my favorite games due to the fun game play. The same can be done with hockey. I would love to see a feature similar to Flipper Football where you have drop targets in front of the goal that you must knock down and then get the ball through the opening in a very short period of time before the pop up again.

You kind of already have that in Ice Fever. Drop the 3 goalie drops in order to expose captive ball. Hit that to score. I think if you only hit the center drop (with the goalie mask) and can thread the needle to hit captive ball without dropping either drop target to the sides there's a bonus too.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1260&picno=45583
    http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1260&picno=24398

#8 8 years ago

Catch Sidney Crosby's tears DMD video mode.

#9 8 years ago

Saw an Olympic Hockey (1972 Williams), and 2 Powerplay's at Allentown last month. Too bad im broke. It was for the best, the Olympic Hockey was pretty beat up

#10 8 years ago

I'm in... in fact that's why I decided to build my own.

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from Bender24:

I'm in... in fact that's why I decided to build my own.

Any pics?

#12 8 years ago

Uploads aren't working from my phone.... have to try later.

#13 8 years ago

Other than WCS, I can't think of a well done sports themed pin, maybe I500.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from Krankypants:

Sales in Europe should be good due to hockey's popularity there as well.

The issue is always, the popularity here...which sadly is not much to be honest.

#15 8 years ago

Anyone know who the dude is that built this? http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=6017
    image-1.jpgimage-1.jpg

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from funtimewithdave:

Anyone know who the dude is that built this? http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=6017
    image-1.jpg

Man this hurts to say, but as a HUGE Pens fan, that is still a complete disgrace to a Dragoon, although a damn fine job. I guess the bao does sound kind of penguinish

#17 8 years ago

Yep want a NHL pin badly

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

The issue is always, the popularity here...which sadly is not much to be honest.

In the past when NBC has carried the Stanley Cup our local affiliate didn't even air it. They put it on their secondary channel that no one watches.

I would watch hockey any day over basket ball where team A scores then team B scores back and forth for the entire game. When you finally get to the end the teams are usually within 8 points of each other and the trailing team just fouls everyone with the ball for the last 5 minuets of the game hoping they miss the free throw. Maybe if they allowed fighting in basketball it would be watchable.

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from Krankypants:

I would watch hockey any day over basket ball where team A scores then team B scores back and forth for the entire game.

Yeah they are polar opposites. Basketball issues with me are the penalties just make no goddamn sense. Hockey calls don;t make that much sense either in continuity, but since they don;t call one every 42 seconds it doesn't matter. And do NBA teams seriously get 6 time outs a half? Uff...that sport is the pits.

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from Evan55:

Catch Sidney Crosby's tears DMD video mode.

Crysby.jpgCrysby.jpg

Later,
    EV

#21 8 years ago

Stern should make a hockey pin the LE could be an Original 6 theme. Bound to do better than WWE.

#22 8 years ago

Sorry guys...hockey is 7th behind Football, Baseball, Basketball, Woman's Soccer, Nascar and now American Ninja Warrior (which took the finals place here the other night for the national broadcast) . It's just not a widely watched sport. Here in Philly, there's roughly 30+ thousand fans in a metro area of 7mill that would consider themselves as hockey fans first. I believe the Little League World Series had better ratings then the finals so far. So with that said, I don't think you'll ever see a Hockey pin...where's the profit?

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from TaTa:

American Ninja Warrior

Imagine the possibilities if they went with this theme.

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Imagine the possibilities if they went with this theme.

It would be awesome, although too expensive. So many great ideas, but rather stop-n-go playing watching each balls goddamn sob/inspirational story for 3 minutes on the DMD before it launches.

#26 8 years ago

To be fair, on an international level, ice hockey is much higher then 7th and Stern sells an international product.

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from pepermintswirl:

To be fair, on an international level, ice hockey is much higher then 7th and Stern sells an international product.

Depends where they sell most of their games though right? Maybe big in Germany, but I don't know how popular IH is in the big European countries.

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from TaTa:

Sorry guys...hockey is 7th behind Football, Baseball, Basketball, Woman's Soccer, Nascar and now American Ninja Warrior (which took the finals place here the other night for the national broadcast) . It's just not a widely watched sport. Here in Philly, there's roughly 30+ thousand fans in a metro area of 7mill that would consider themselves as hockey fans first. I believe the Little League World Series had better ratings then the finals so far. So with that said, I don't think you'll ever see a Hockey pin...where's the profit?

There's a Wrestling and Mustang pin so never say never!

pony.jpgpony.jpg

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from pepermintswirl:

Nah, not true. In this world only a few countries play high standard and have good crowds. In europe, russia, finland, sweden, chechie rep. Germany a bit.

Rest of the world, besides can and usa is not interested in ice hockey. Often because they dont have ice, lol.

I would love an ice hockey pin. Would be awesome when they make a copy of a new football pin too. (Like nascar and grandprix)

Scoring a goal makes so much sense in pinball. Awesome shot, with a keeper and the posts. A defender or 2. Yeap, bring it on!

#30 8 years ago

Hockey rocks. Would be a good theme. Hey, a Slap Shot machine w/the Hanson brothers...........

#31 8 years ago

Maybe a small run priced high for us hockey fans. As a Pens fan as well did not expect so many other Pens fans in this thread, I hope we get it together next year.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-hockey-pinball-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.