Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190914_203120 (resized).jpg
D6D24981-4641-4C79-B903-E285F58EEEF0 (resized).jpeg
C2601F72-E09F-4A41-840F-9FCFAA80964A (resized).jpeg
72B9486C-769A-47E8-BD34-99C400E87B2A (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200318_195534 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

The wife doesn't think it's a good idea, but she doesn't like the pinball machines all over the house either....

Screenshot_20200318_195534 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200318_195534 (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

HAHA! Love it.

Any engineers around here building roller coasters in their back yards?

#3 4 years ago

I hate the zipper with a passion! Had a horrible experience in one as a kid.

#4 4 years ago

I’m with Levi on this. Screw the zipper, that thing is scary and I had someone else’s vomit hit me on one 25 or so years ago...

#5 4 years ago

My brother had a bad experience with a zipper when he was a kid. Said it drew blood and hurt for a week!!

#6 4 years ago

I was like 10. My friend and I were screaming at the carny to stop the ride.

He did.

I thought we were gonna die!!

I remember kinda hanging off the restraint bar. Couldn’t breathe.

It sucked!!!! Damn that thing to hell.

#7 4 years ago

When I was about 7 I was going to ride it but chickened out. The carnie taunted me and called me a wussie. What a pleasant fellow.

#8 4 years ago

I'd never get near a fucking zipper, I can't take much if that carny action.
I was talked into going on a 'crazy dance' once and it scared me flaccid. It was kind of fun, and then got old, and then got like weird, and scary again because it was going too long. Then I can look over and see the operator is changing shift time. These dudes are talking and sharing a smoke whilst I'm aboot to freak out. Then the new guy gets situated, pulls out an orange pop 2 liter and starts drinking from it killing more time. Nothing good can come from a man drinking out of a 2 liter.

#9 4 years ago

I liked me some zipper back in the day. No more. But building your own roller coaster - I can get behind that. Not too many people doing that

#10 4 years ago

For those of you with a faded memory or wondering how it operated.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I hate the zipper with a passion! Had a horrible experience in one as a kid.

Agreed.

#12 4 years ago

Oh God, that looks like pure misery. No way I would ever go on that.

#13 4 years ago

I’ve never been on a roller coaster and never will be. I sympathize with everyone who has one of those stories.

#14 4 years ago

I think you better take up guitar instead.

#15 4 years ago

That ride looks scary as hell and extremely unsafe! No way

#16 4 years ago

Your neighbors are either gonna love you or hate you.. probably a combination of both.

#17 4 years ago

Gravitron or bust for me!
Pinball Bonus: Having Scott Danesi come DJ a set or two if/when he feels like it.
72B9486C-769A-47E8-BD34-99C400E87B2A (resized).jpeg72B9486C-769A-47E8-BD34-99C400E87B2A (resized).jpegC2601F72-E09F-4A41-840F-9FCFAA80964A (resized).jpegC2601F72-E09F-4A41-840F-9FCFAA80964A (resized).jpeg

#18 4 years ago

The zipper is the ultimate Carnival ride. It's the only ride that completely removes your sense of reality in a crazy, scary fashion.

My brother and I used to ride it like crazy when it was in town. The same operator ran it for years. He had a medical patch over one eye, and his gut hung out of his shirt. He would close the door of the cart and wiggle it. "Feels a little loose." He'd say. Then he'd put the cotter pin in the door and say, "this might keep it closed." Then we'd disappear up in the air screaming as the door slammed to and fro with our weight against it.

For the price of three jjp machines, I could have one in the yard. Wonder what the bylaws are like...

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’m with Levi on this. Screw the zipper, that thing is scary and I had someone else’s vomit hit me on one 25 or so years ago...

Me, my buddy and three cute girls are waiting in line for the zipper at Klondike days. All the sudden one screams and I turn around to see my buddy and his girl covered in vomit. It was pretty hilarious to me but I wasn't the one who had chunks blown on me

#20 4 years ago

Mom always said that if I just had lunch I should wait a while before going on rides like the zipper. She recommended a minimum of 60 years.

#21 4 years ago

Used to love the Zipper. That, and skydiver.

The only ride I won’t do are the Swings. No. Way.

#22 4 years ago

Not sure if any of you remember a ride called Hi-roller, but that’s the evil son of a something that I remember. It was basically like getting into a car crash over and over.

D6D24981-4641-4C79-B903-E285F58EEEF0 (resized).jpegD6D24981-4641-4C79-B903-E285F58EEEF0 (resized).jpeg
#23 4 years ago

Sounds like the start of a fun joke for those that hate the zipper:
“So @crazylevi, @thelaw, and a moderator walk into a bar...”

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Used to love the Zipper. That, and skydiver.
The only ride I won’t do are the Swings. No. Way.

Totally agree, The Best rides there. Taunting death as the screams of joy emanate throughout the cage we are in. The Rollover at the top was the best. building anticipation , as you can feel the cage revolving over the Apex, spinning in 3 different ways. The best I tell ya !! Sky Diver was awesome too. A make shift Ferris Wheel with a car like cage with a steering wheels to spin your own car , while revolving around spinning 2 different ways. Never puked on those, the swinging Pirate Ship Yes. If i ever see those two rides, I still ride them, super fun.

#25 4 years ago

Bumper cars were always my favorite. Kinda hard to enjoy them with no company tho.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Bumper cars were always my favorite. Kinda hard to enjoy them with no company tho.

Haha, check out the Never Bump Bumper cars at Progressive Park

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I had someone else’s vomit hit me on one 25 or so years ago...

Wasn't me. I made it off the ride before hurling. Just barely.

#28 4 years ago

Amazing to see that the same sketchy carnival that came to our small town every summer is still in operation.
And they still have a Zipper. Probably the same one.

https://skerbeck.com/rides/byid/352

#29 4 years ago

Graviton must be the new name for The Rotor.

Crawling up and down the wall was lots of fun. Looks like you are caged in this version.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Gravitron or bust for me!
Pinball Bonus: Having Scott Danesi come DJ a set or two if/when he feels like it.

I remember having season passes to Six Flags Great Adventure in NJ when I was a kid. Gravitron was always a puke fest. I actually remember watching a girl throw up, and then it splattered back against her face. Gross.

Although I did see Samantha Fox in concert there...and that was stellar (at the time).

#31 4 years ago

You should build a rollercoaster like this guy

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

You should build a rollercoaster like this guy

honestly I do kind of want to build one now

#33 4 years ago

There's a handful of them out there. There's some kid who is working on an air compressed 4.2g one. Amazing.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I remember having season passes to Six Flags Great Adventure in NJ when I was a kid. Gravitron was always a puke fest. I actually remember watching a girl throw up, and then it splattered back against her face. Gross.
Although I did see Samantha Fox in concert there...and that was stellar (at the time).

Naughty girls need love too. It's just science.

#35 4 years ago

This ride came through town recently. I rode it and had no ragrets!

20190914_203120 (resized).jpg20190914_203120 (resized).jpg
#36 4 years ago

Here is a POV of the ride. Fair warning: It can make you a little queezy. It makes the ride look mild at first, but later it shows glimpses of the madness that is the zipper. Oh, and here is the top comment below the video: " I was going on this ride thinking it wasn't going to be too bad, next thing I know, I screaming out for God and Jesus." LOL

#37 4 years ago

Rode one of these at a place in Indiana. Old Indiana maybe? They always had the hose ready to go...

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Rode one of these at a place in Indiana. Old Indiana maybe? They always had the hose ready to go...

That looks fun!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-hobby-for-isolation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.