image-517.jpg
image-382.jpg
cucumber.jpg
55.jpg
47.jpg
52.jpg
51.jpg
58.jpg
There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 9 years ago

I told people Jumping was a biiiig mistake There is even more to come.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Im panicking right now! Cancelled my order last month and now i want this thing bad...God i hope that mistake didnt just cost me $1000.00...Calling Jen now to reinstate my order...

Good luck with that.

#53 9 years ago

Im panicking right now! Cancelled my order last month and now i want this thing bad...God i hope that mistake didnt just cost me $1000.00...Calling Jen now to reinstate my order...

Good luck. I think if I'm right , the Smaug Gold SE is $9000 which is higher than the $7500 deposits put down at preorder.

#54 9 years ago

Considering one could cancel at any time cancelling before the final product is revealed is kinda...well...you know...no need to say it.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

Good luck. I think if I'm right , the Smaug Gold SE is $9000 which is higher than the $7500 deposits put down at preorder.

Feeling real good about my original $7500.00 investment now although I had little doubt JJP would not produce a gem!

#56 9 years ago

To cancel (quit) before the journey was over should mean you can't order a game from JJP, ever. After all this game is about dwarves and hobbits that didn't give up, even when all hope was lost. If you lost hope in JJP, you should lose your game, for life! MOOOOHAHAHHAHHA!

I keep thinking the LCD book would be so much cooler if it were a real book and somehow real paper pages would turn. Is that possible? It does look like we're starring at a 1980s gold CRT television. Not a book

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from Bostonbuzz:

Feeling real good about my original $7500.00 investment now although I had little doubt JJP would not produce a gem!

+1 Same here.
I feel like I done something right for once.

#58 9 years ago

I wish, would love to own one. Just to pricey for me at this time. Will wait ten yrs then get one lol

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I wish, would love to own one. Just to pricey for me at this time. Will wait ten yrs then get one lol

100k by Nov 18th 2024

#60 9 years ago

I checked out the pictures this morning and my socks shot off my feet and into the lit fireplace. Good thing it was early in the day, so there was no explosion!

Seriously, congratulations to the JJP team that made these changes - you transformed this game into something VERY special. It must have been six weeks of hell. Thank you!!!

#61 9 years ago

Bravo, JJP. Greatly improved. I'm reminded of the less than stellar review I posted when the first playfield was revealed (here: http://creditdotpinball.com/2014/06/16/news-jjps-hobbit-playfield-a-lament-for-hand-drawn-artwork/). Many were not impressed with the original design due to a variety of reasons, and others were just luke warm about it not inspiring emotion one way or the other. The team really pushed the envelope with the new version and produced a playfield art package that reaches out and grabs you, and looks less cut 'n' paste while doing so. My wife, a non-pinhead but avid Hobbit fan (literature and films), once described the original effort as a "child placing cut-out stickers in a sticker book". Now, she's as impressed as anyone. Smaug is there in all his largeness, dominating the "landscape", as he should be.

Rob
creditdotpinball.com

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

Bravo, JJP. Greatly improved. I'm reminded of the less than stellar review I posted when the first playfield was revealed (here: http://creditdotpinball.com/2014/06/16/news-jjps-hobbit-playfield-a-lament-for-hand-drawn-artwork/). Many were not impressed with the original design due to a variety of reasons, and others were just luke warm about it not inspiring emotion one way or the other. The team really pushed the envelope with the new version and produced a playfield art package that reaches out and grabs you, and looks less cut 'n' paste while doing so. My wife, a non-pinhead but avid Hobbit fan (literature and films), once described the original effort as a "child placing cut-out stickers in a sticker book". Now, she's as impressed as anyone. Smaug is there in all his largeness, dominating the "landscape", as he should be.
Rob
creditdotpinball.com

Yes, there is so much more hand drawn artwork now. Bravo

#63 9 years ago

Looks better
Just a pity that it takes JJP so much time to fix things

You only get one chance for a first impression

#64 9 years ago

I think the new playfield art does a much better job of delineating the storyline.

#65 9 years ago

Less than 6 weeks from original display to changes is a long time? You must be joking or trolling. Which one?

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Less than 6 weeks from original display to changes is a long time? You must be joking or trolling. Which one?

I think he's talking about how Jack publicly showed off WOZ when it was "a box of lights" or how he showed up to expo with Hobbit and said "Ta - Da!" only to have the public collectively reel back a little bit and then JJP makes reactionary changes. He's wishing what you see on the second and third showings would be the original product -- I think.

/or maybe I'm way off

#67 9 years ago

Another new account made just a few weeks ago. Seriously Robin you need to make it so that people at least accumulate some Karma before they can post These fake accounts are getting plentiful.

Right Alex?

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Another new account made just a few weeks ago. Seriously Robin you need to make it so that people at least accumulate some Karma before they can post These fake accounts are getting plentiful.
Right Alex?

Check out his posting history (especially his first post which explains his Pinside name), I think he's legit, and not afraid to drop large bundles of cash on pinball machines.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Kiss me cutie pie

The blue/Greg art has been public for more than six weeks

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

If I got a dollar for every time you cried troll...

As I said previously, great job on jjp's part. Smaug is bad ass looking now. Menacing even. Like, "I dare you to get high score bitch."

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Right Alex?

So that previous account you were referencing was yours? Were you Full Blown, Craz4Pin, and Old Pinster too?

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

That must have been six weeks of hell. But under that kind of pressure Jack gets to see who the real stars on his team are. This game is now astonishingly beautiful! I'm mighty glad I have a day one order paid in full.

#73 9 years ago

Alex, do you know if the wireforms and ramps will be getting any powder coating or other kind of treatment? I think the game is looking great. One thing that sort of looks out of place though is the big expanse of silver on the ramps.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

That must have been six weeks of hell. But under that kind of pressure Jack gets to see who the real stars on his team are. This game is now astonishingly beautiful! I'm mighty glad I have a day one order paid in full.

I suspect the new playfield artwork was already in the works before expo. It's hard to believe they could have produced the artwork, gotten all the approvals and fabricated the playfields in only 6 weeks.

#75 9 years ago

"Check out his posting history (especially his first post which explains his Pinside name), I think he's legit, and not afraid to drop large bundles of cash on pinball machines."

I think he's legit too. The post I posted was a quote from Alex crying once again about a new pinsider speaking negatively about JJP, calling it a fake account (copy/pasted from hobbit update thread).

#76 9 years ago

I would like to buy a Hobbit Le position . I can buy it outright or trade a mint HUO Tron LE for the position +/- cash .Thanks

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Alex, do you know if the wireforms and ramps will be getting any powder coating or other kind of treatment? I think the game is looking great. One thing that sort of looks out of place though is the big expanse of silver on the ramps.

Wireforms yes. Ramps no. Can't powder Ramps. (Technically you can but don't want too). Powder dimples like wood. Powdering the ramps would cause ball trails and tram lining. It would cause the ball to do weird things. Wireforms are a different story as the ball travel is pre defined. The ramps have a much different area of ball travel.

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from rvboarder:

I would like to buy a Hobbit Le position . I can buy it outright or trade a mint HUO TRON LE for the position +/- cash .Thanks

Contact Abel Electronics. They have some left.

#79 9 years ago

I didn't mind the first edition, but have to admit the new one looks much better. Not sure about the Gold Smaug head in the other photos. And the LCD looks like a bit of an afterthought thats just bee stuck on there.

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Wireforms yes. Ramps no. Can't powder Ramps. (Technically you can but don't want too). Powder dimples like wood. Powdering the ramps would cause ball trails and tram lining. It would cause the ball to do weird things. Wireforms are a different story as the ball travel is pre defined. The ramps have a much different area of ball travel.

Perhaps anodizing?

#81 9 years ago

That new playfield (I assume for Smaug version) is worlds better than the other. The blue/orange color contrast between the areas alone is so much more pleasing to the eye. +1 JJ. This should be the PF on all of them.

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Perhaps anodizing?

Done in aluminum only. Ramps are steel.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I didn't mind the first edition, but have to admit the new one looks much better. Not sure about the Gold Smaug head in the other photos. And the LCD looks like a bit of an afterthought thats just bee stuck on there.

I would guess whatever Smaug turns out to be, some people will be hand painting it to their personal preference and others will be offering it as a mod. Like Sparky.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Done in aluminum only. Ramps are steel.

Ah. Got it. Do you know what process is used on Stargate to make the ramps gold/brass colored?

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

This should be the PF on all of them.

It is for all of them. I'd rather have this one.

colors.pngcolors.png
#86 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Ah. Got it. Do you know what process is used on Stargate to make the ramps gold/brass colored?

Not sure? Electroplating maybe?

#87 9 years ago

Nice improvement on all counts, well-done, JJP!

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

"Check out his posting history (especially his first post which explains his Pinside name), I think he's legit, and not afraid to drop large bundles of cash on pinball machines."

I think he's legit too. The post I posted was a quote from Alex crying once again about a new pinsider speaking negatively about JJP, calling it a fake account (copy/pasted from hobbit update thread).

Ah, couldn't tell you were quoting Pinchorama there, and I'm obviously not following the ongoing Hobbit drama closely enough to be following this conversation!

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I told people Jumping was a biiiig mistake There is even more to come.

What about the windlance thingie? Is that coming?

#90 9 years ago

Jack said the production model will have more things that this version doesn't.

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

What about the windlance thingie? Is that coming?

Look at the art. The windlance is in the left outlane.

--Luke

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

Look at the art. The windlance is in the left outlane.
--Luke

I'm not a scientist! I'm not a scientist!!! (ooops wrong pin)

#93 9 years ago

wow.
big difference.

#94 9 years ago

Looks great! I'll be looking for one in a couple of years. Not sarcasm at all - I have WOZ and love it. Will add this one to the stable when it's been out for a bit. Nice job on the update JJP!

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Looks better
Just a pity that it takes JJP so much time to fix things

Less than six weeks

You only get one chance for a first impression

Not always

evolution.gifevolution.gif

#96 9 years ago

oh im legit...somebody say something about a bundle of cash on a pinball machine?DSCN3294.JPGDSCN3294.JPG

#97 9 years ago

oh im legit...somebody say something about a bundle of cash on a pinball machine?

DSCN3294.JPG 174 KB

This is my impressed face.

#98 9 years ago

Sheesh, dude the machine takes quarters...

#99 9 years ago

oh im legit...somebody say something about a bundle of cash on a pinball machine?DSCN3294.JPG 174 KB

Posted in the wrong thread?

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Sheesh, dude the machine takes quarters...

Yeah and he's using women's hair rubber bands on that stack. Lol. Real ballers have a bad ass money clip made of pure ivory and poor folk tears. (Chris rock joke)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 25.50
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-hobbit-playfield-revealed/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.