(Topic ID: 105447)

NEW Hobbit pics... what do you see new ?

By PinballSTAR

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 507 posts
  • 142 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Goronic
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Ricky.jpg
image-477.jpg
e4652ad9b9aaed45c9981415452f1cab.jpg
5cc3722c8e646521190d522518c2bf40.jpg
o-AIR-NEW-ZEALAND-SMAUG-PLANE-facebook-3.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-10-08 at 10.20.55 AM.png
image-653.jpg
Star trek 2.jpg
Star trek.jpg
hobbit-smaug-edition.jpg
image.jpg
hobbit 1-490.jpg
hobbit2.jpg
the_hobbit__whole_vision__by_arronyym-d5dmiqw.jpg
images.jpg
images (5).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zentron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Quickie photoshop of the above images, obviously it could look better than this, but man, I wish the studio would approve this look instead.

Aurich, Couldn't you just make and sell new pinball cabinet decals with a smaug like dragon?

#125 9 years ago

I don't have an opinion until i consult with Trekkie1978

#176 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Wait, you think the *cabinet* is the expensive part of the game?? (Who even looks at side art anyway, when games are lined up next to each other???) You need to justify cost? There looks to be tons of stuff to justify the price on TH, like a modern pc-based system, lots of interactive toys, HD monitor, and I-don't-even-know-what on and under the pf. And the rules will be sick. (Laughing at people who are worried about cost justification here, when so many gush over the relatively bare-bones STLE.)

He's talking about the difference between the Standard and LE.

#239 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It is the "flash bang" feature rumored for the game. Remember the flash bang pots that the dwarves throw at Smaug towards the end of the second film? That's what the big flasher represents and its intended to temporarily blind the player during "Flash" multiball where the player has to feel all the bumpers and always play them clean to get passed it.

epileptic seizure mode

#244 9 years ago

Op -> Thanks for posting pictures..
JJP -> Thanks for making innovative great looking pin's..
Aurich -> Thanks for the mockup of Smaug edition, I think it looks great..

#287 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe chill out

The pot calling the kettle black

#290 9 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

Honestly - I love the Passion from everyone especially Aurich. We do have a responsibility to our Agreement to protect the IP we license. It's all in good fun here and we all love Pinball.

Did you like the Smaug edition concept?

#293 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

That could be arranged. Man. You guys are a treasure trove of ideas. I'm gonna have too many shirts to wear to TPF at this point!

Maybe pins like TGIF or badges like the boyscouts would work better then

#307 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Don't know if production ones will have it or not. Flyers are often different from actual game.
I wouldn't worry. It's a 5 minute thing to swap a door.
LTG : )™

5 min and $500

#309 9 years ago
Quoted from asay:

I've heard you say this more than once here. I'm not on the JJP hate bandwagon, and I'm a huge fan of WOZ...but something about this absolutely stinks to me.
Flyers are by definition advertizing, and representing a product different than what the customer receives is the textbook definition of false advertizing. Which, since we are taking the legal high-ground is this thread, is illegal.
I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just don't understand how showing someone a picture of a $7k+ toy and asking for a preorder, then switching things up with the excuse "oh that was just a flyer" is justifiable. If someone can explain that to me I'd be grateful.

Are you implying the games shown in the flyers are better looking to get pre-orders and then use less expensive material in the production to reduce cost and increase profits? Are you implying bait and switch is being used here?

#312 9 years ago
Quoted from asay:

I'm not implying any of that or suggesting the JJP is intentionally trying to dupe people. I just don't think its right to show a customer one version of something, and then deliver it with noticeable differences.
The shooter rod on 75th Anniversary WOZ is a perfect example of this. It was shown in the flyer having a candy apple shooter which fit the theme perfectly, however it shipped with a generic black one. I know this disappointed a non-trivial amount of people. You can argue that it's insignificant and can be easily fixed, but on an ultra premium high end product you shouldn't need to fix anything, you should get exactly what you were promised.

I think part of it is due diligence. If i was spending whatever a 75th WOZ costs, ill assume $8500 based off a flyer, I would make sure the picture on the flyer matched the version shipped to me (prior to purchase). If it didn't I would want to know the differences. It would also be good customer service if JJP and distributors were pro-active in telling their customers this.

I also assume preorders have some legal jargon telling them whats shipped could be different then picture.

#342 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I still think this is has the chance to be the best machine ever made.

#343 9 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

I'm ordering the "Aurich Edition" or I'm canceling my order!

Aurich™

#346 9 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Nutsack multiball?

I assume that would be two balls

#366 9 years ago

1 - What you see in the flyer might not be the final version, so if you really like it, it might not be good to get to attached to it.

2 - Aurich's concept was whipped up in 20 minutes, give the guy a break..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
9,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zentron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-hobbit-pics-what-do-you-see-new?tu=zentron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.