(Topic ID: 105447)

NEW Hobbit pics... what do you see new ?

By PinballSTAR

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 507 posts
  • 142 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Goronic
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Ricky.jpg
image-477.jpg
e4652ad9b9aaed45c9981415452f1cab.jpg
5cc3722c8e646521190d522518c2bf40.jpg
o-AIR-NEW-ZEALAND-SMAUG-PLANE-facebook-3.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-10-08 at 10.20.55 AM.png
image-653.jpg
Star trek 2.jpg
Star trek.jpg
hobbit-smaug-edition.jpg
image.jpg
hobbit 1-490.jpg
hobbit2.jpg
the_hobbit__whole_vision__by_arronyym-d5dmiqw.jpg
images.jpg
images (5).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 9 years ago

Wow! The cabinet and artwork look great. I'm not concerned about Smaug not being on the cabinet art as he's well featured on the playfield artwork and the soon to be revealed Samug toy. Having a giant Smaug on the sides of the cabinet would be unappealing and gaudy in my opinion.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

^ This. This is all I've been saying all along. I noted many things I really liked but those posts were always ignored. One thing in particular I wish JJP would have done is tried using a new artist for the toys ... and for stating that I get bashed to no end now.
I do find it particularly ironic that for all of Jack's talk about the competition stealing their ideas (which apparently has been his reason for not showing much on Hobbit) JJP now has a button in the middle of the lockdown bar. Hmm, I wonder where that idea came from.

You got bashed because you were being rude. There's a difference between constructive criticism and being disrespectful.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

The LE has, INVISIGLASS(TM) Shaker, headphone jack - decal cabinet.
Also - do not create copyright infringing artwork and illegally post that.

That's great news about the LE. That's an excellent way to offer value to customers at today's NIB LE prices. I wish more pinball companies did that.

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I actually do not understand this strategy at all. I think it hurts sales to not better differentiate the LE from a standard. Invisiglass and shaker can easily be added to a standard. Powdercoating could be too, but it's not as easily added and the quality is hard to match. So powdercoating is really the only differentiator on the LE?? That's crazy IMO. People want something really unique on an LE to make it worth paying that little extra and collecting ... different cabinet artwork, a topper, additional toy figures (that does not change game play), etc. Why would anyone rush to throw money at this game? They can just as easily sit back and see what used prices are on the LE in a year. Or wait and see how cheap they can get a regular (and forgo the powdercoating.) We're seeing people selling NIB standard WOZ's with shaker and Invisiglass on here in the $6500 range? Will it be the same with Hobbit? Why not?

You don't get it and are now just showing your clear dislike for JJP even more. Do you get invisiglass with a Stern LE for $7500. No. Do you get a shaker with a Stern LE for $7500? Not anymore. Do you get a high quality powder coat (external and gameplay parts) with a Stern LE for $7500? No. Do you get a headphone jack with a Stern LE for $7500? No. JJP actually justifies their LE prices with unique features and tech.

#235 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I don't know ... I keep looking at this playfield and I'm definitely not feeling the "WOW" factor. Just meh. I'm confident the ruleset will be amazing .. but visually ... meh. That tiny Smaug on the middle playfield artwork drives me nuts. And considering the blah pop-up toys, the middle pf is lacking. There has to be something under the playfield there, no? Some surprise there must be coming. Why else would it be so wide open there with no inserts? My favorite part of the pf are the crossover ramps at the top ... I really like how those are laid out and looking forward to how the software (and diverter) control the ball flow there. I think that will be a really fun aspect of the game!

Based on your WOZ and recent Hobbits comments it almost seems like you want to be disappointed about the game. I don't think anything revealed about The Hobbit is going to make you happy at this point, haha. Stop with all of the negative vibes man.

#236 9 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I still wonder what that thing between the speakers is. Perhaps a camera? Or some kind of big flasher?

It is the "flash bang" feature rumored for the game. Remember the flash bang pots that the dwarves throw at Smaug towards the end of the second film? That's what the big flasher represents and its intended to temporarily blind the player during "Flash" multiball where the player has to feel all the bumpers and always play them clean to get passed it.

#247 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

The lockbar/center button surely is used to shoot the black arrow, and not used for the diverter. And as such I am sure you will get a change to 'aim, fire' without too much hurry. I would imagine the bow will be moving back and forth for a skill shot fired with center button. I bet the 'loading' of the bow will be cool as well.

Great possibility. I'm thinking there's a chance that a mechanical crossbow toy will be on the apron of the game. Maybe it will function similar to the crossbow toy in TWD but actually be modeled like a crossbow and feature the character that uses it in the game :p

#259 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That leaves me to speculate about you getting some crap behind the scenes.
Absolutely absurd if that is the case.

I hope that is not the case. When I read Jacks comment about what is included with the LE I thought "awesome". Then I saw the comment regarding copyrights... I can understand if Jack doesn't want JJP employees posting modified images but it shouldn't be an issue when other random people do it. Stuff like that happens 24/7 on the internet.

#274 9 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

Honestly - I love the Passion from everyone especially Aurich. We do have a responsibility to our Agreement to protect the IP we license. It's all in good fun here and we all love Pinball.
We do listen to suggestions as we have seen. We have made mistakes and I'm certain we will makes more in the future too, maybe smaller ones I hope.
We all want to see the very best Pinball made - but - sometimes with a license - your hands are tied.
The game will be at Expo - contrary to what Mike Pacak wrote (???) and believe it or not - there have been many pinball machines built after 1933 outside of Chicago too.
We are looking forward to a really fun time at Expo and it is a great time for Pinball - Thanks!

Great response to all of this. Thanks Jack

#291 9 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

i think jack could take a dump in a box and a few pinsiders would line up to buy it.

Please fix your quote. You have me saying all of those things rather then Jack.

By the way, you are rude, disrespectful and a troll in many JJP related threads. Consider trying a new approach.

#331 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It would be consistent with the fact that they put a fire button on the lockdown bar.

Lol. Yeah but the fire button may control a crossbow toy that actually looks like a crossbow. haha

#361 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

It's amazing how much slamming Jack takes for this type of stupid shit. The machine looks insane, and I'm going to say it, best looking layout in at least 20 years, and .... what else....? ORIGINAL!
Borg and Gary please note that ***ORGINAL IS STILL IS POSSIBLE***, but not while surfing coattails of the real designers or restricting the real designers you have.
If he didn't put all the characters on it, you would have the exact same opposite argument "the smaug???? it was only in the three movies for a bit at the end of 2 and three!, what about all the hobbits???".

Good points. Just looking at the latest playfield photo revealed on Twitter I thought "The pic doesn't even show Smaug and the games other toys in place yet in this state it already offers more then TWDLE". For the $7500-$9k price points JJP is currently offering the most value (toys, features, tech, LE options) and interesting rulsets with deep complete code in the pinball industry.

I do think that DP can match JJP in most of the areas that I desribed above but I need to see a completed game in terms of code. For $8500 TBL should include a shaker, and an invisigalss type playfield glass. Stern however is behind and what they are doing with TWDLE seems like charging $50k for a Ford Focus ST (but with no My Touch aka LCD or stereo sound system) while the competition (JJP and DP) offer far much more value for about the same price.

#375 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Because it just looks bad ass!!!!!!!

It looks cool but out of place considering the theme in my opinion. I think a gold metallic trim would look even better for a Smaug LE.

#451 9 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

You don't play the cabinet art.

Good point. Hey, with The Hobbit we kinda will considering that the characters on the cabinet art are featured in the game. That seems to be the case with 99.9% of pins. About that .1%...

#457 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I played Metallica and what a layout! Great shots! Awesome art!!!! Metallica!!!! NO WAY Mustang isn't going to be awesome.

Lol. I think everyone was really pumped up to see what would be in Mustang after seeing how great of a job Stern did with Metallica. Then the 5 target bank toy in Mustang was shown and a lot of us were left wondering...is that it?

WOZ has a lot going on in it and according to JJP TH will as well. The Hobbit is taking up 17 more spots on the JJP I/O board compared to WOZ and is the heavier of the two games. Metallica and Mustang didn't have the same programmer for code. WOZ had Keith and he's doing the code for TH.

Maybe the Smaug toy includes several ounces of actual gold spread throughout the toy as well as a Swarovski made miniature Arkenstone and that is what pushes the game past WOZ in terms of weight? haha.

#501 9 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

Video would be great and I expect there will be tons as Goronic states... But I also want to see as many hi-res pics as possible.
Looking very forward to seeing all the detail and features!

Same here. Looks like the reveal will likely be this Thursday evening when JJP does their session?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hardware
Pinball Haven

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-hobbit-pics-what-do-you-see-new?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.